My newest recent build, I built around the MSI Nightblade.
    Nightblade comes with the Case, Case Fans, Motherboard, PSU, RAMDisk.

Laid on it's side, it's about the size of 2 PS4's stacked on top of one another. Have had this computer built, and turned on nearly 24/7 since putting it together in April.

Motherboard: Z87i Gaming AC (MS-7887), Manufacturing date 03/18/2014.
    CPU: i7-4770 Haswell
    SSD (Master): Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3
    HDD (Slave): 4TB Western Digital Red 7200 RPM.
    HDD External: MyBook 2TB
    RAM: AMD Radeon 8GB RAM with 6Gb RAMDisk.
    CPU Heatsink: ZALMAN Heatsink
    GPU: MSI ATI Radeon R9 290X 4Gb (Got it on sale, rebated, for $213 USD)

Monitor: Dell S2409W

Speakers: Logitech THX Z5300e

Headset: Ear Force X12
    Last edited by Arkuri; 2014-07-03 at 03:42 PM.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Isn't that phenom CPU good even by todays standards?
    Nah, not really. It's been beaten by a lot of CPUs in recent years.

Put it up against the i5-2500K just to make a point, the i5 is another quad core, has less L2 cache, and still gives the Phenom a very tough time.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Isn't that phenom CPU good even by todays standards?
    The phenom isnt that bad but ofc cannot even compete the 4690k especially core to core.
    I think i ll keep the new cpu for 3-4 more years. But i ll let u know when i will assemble the new rig for now i can only imagine the performance increase.
    Last edited by mmoc558cd9d933; 2014-07-03 at 03:54 PM. Reason: i wish i knew how to speak english properly

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalshot View Post
    The phenom isnt that bad but ofc cannot even compete the 4690k especially core to core.
    I think i ll keep the new cpu for 3-4 more years. But i ll let u know when i will assemble the new rig for now i can only imagine the performance increase.
    That's because the CPU is old, and the 4960k.. yeah. Not to mention the price, I just meant that it isn't a bad CPU and that can actually play, WoW for example pretty decent.

Deleted
    That's because the CPU is old, and the 4960k.. yeah. Not to mention the price, I just meant that it isn't a bad CPU and that can actually play, WoW for example pretty decent.
    Ohh its my bad i didnt mention the reason that forced me to upgrade....I had to use my previous build as an office PC for my job so i had no pc in the house,tbh i still dont till i get the case and the cpu cooler :P . So instead of buying a new office pc i kept only the phenom,the 120gbb ocz vertex 2 the psu and the case for the office and i got my gpu,the hdd and the optical out to use it for my new build.i hope now its more clear.

Deleted
    It can play pretty much anything but WoW. :-P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    It can play pretty much anything but WoW. :-P
    hehehe u r right he picked the wrong game as example since its cpu dependant

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    hehehe u r right he picked the wrong game as example since its cpu dependant
    No, I didn't pick the wrong game. It can run WoW at probably highest settings "non" raidining, while in raid at "HIGH" with shadows off.

Obviously FPS wouldn't be 60 in raiding, but 20-30.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2014-07-03 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    No, I didn't pick the wrong game. It can run WoW at probably highest settings "non" raidining, while in right at "HIGH" with shadows off.
    Not everyone wants to settle with less if they have the option not to. Of course it can play WoW and any other game.

Deleted
    No, I didn't pick the wrong game. It can run WoW at probably highest settings "non" raidining, while in right at "HIGH" with shadows off.
    How nice, it can run WoW where it doesn't matter.

Besides, the graphics settings matter little when we're talking about CPU bottlenecking.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Not everyone wants to settle with less if they have the option not to. Of course it can play WoW and any other game.
    I never said that, I just said that the CPU still works It's obviosuly beaten by new CPUs.

Either way, I saw zero performance from i7 2700k to i7 4930k. WoW is very restricted with the CPU, there's really no increase. bad optimized, however better than most MMOs anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    How nice, it can run WoW where it doesn't matter.

Besides, the graphics settings matter little when we're talking about CPU bottlenecking.
    Bottlenecks? People use that nowadays? Lols. Either way, I doubt a GPU that can handle WoW decently within the frame of fps from the cpu will destroy anything.

I'm not saying it's a beast CPU or better than the Intels, Just that it's still working good.

Deleted
    hmm i cannot tell u for sure since i stopped playing in hardcore mode after killing DW heroic.back then i had no problems playing in ultra except shadows.That was in 10man environement.When i logged for about a month in MOP and did some world bosses my fps would go up and down like crazy

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm i cannot tell u for sure since i stopped playing in hardcore mode after killing DW heroic.back then i had no problems playing in ultra except shadows.That was in 10man environement.When i logged for about a month in MOP and did some world bosses my fps would go up and down like crazy
    I have a Hexacore CPU and my FPS goes down when doing the world bosses.

Deleted
    I have a Hexacore CPU and my FPS goes down when doing the world bosses.
    You missed the whole point.
    i had 2 options.
    OPTION 1
    Keep my old pc at home and buy a new pc for the office which would cost me at least 200-250 euros.
    After lets say 2 years i would have 2 low performance PCs
    OPTION 2
    Get new parts for about 500 euros + some parts from my old PC and move the basic old system to the office to handle basic office works.
    Now i ll have 1 nice new shiny system and a basic machine for the office.

In coclusion the whole project with the option 2 costs 200-250 euros more than option 1 and will be futureproof.
    correct me if i m wrong.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said that, I just said that the CPU still works It's obviosuly beaten by new CPUs.

Either way, I saw zero performance from i7 2700k to i7 4930k. WoW is very restricted with the CPU, there's really no increase. bad optimized, however better than most MMOs anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Bottlenecks? People use that nowadays? Lols. Either way, I doubt a GPU that can handle WoW decently within the frame of fps from the cpu will destroy anything.

I'm not saying it's a beast CPU or better than the Intels, Just that it's still working good.
    Don't laugh at bottlenecks, as small as a bottleneck may be, there will always be a bottleneck. Whether it is a mechanical hard drive just not being fast enough for current CPUs and SATA or a CPU bottlenecking the amount of data a GPU can process, it's there and real. WoW is extremely CPU dependent, especially when other players are around, as that is how WoW is coded. The CPU does the physics, all the GPU does is draw it for your screen to display. If your CPU sucks, then yes, you'll know it, and yes, that is a bottleneck. It isn't something to "lols" at, that just makes you sound stupid. There are just some people who demand the best experience possible, and a 5 or so year old CPU that was beaten by CPUs that came out the next year by a pretty good degree of performance, well, suffice to say, most people are going to be over that, considering how many generations it has been.

Also, Warlords of Draenor will make it even harder on the CPU/GPU. Every expansion has made it worse, for instance MoP was making GTX 500 series cards (560 Ti and up even) cry and get very hot, to the shock of many on these forums, as that was pretty much a first for WoW. Oddly enough, it would happen in the middle of the Jade Forest even, just walking around, "oh my custom cooled GTX 560 Ti is reaching 75 Celsius, in WoW? Dang." Happened to me, happened to a lot of other regulars. Nothing you can do about it other than upgrade hardware. Not to mention WoW started using more VRAM. Then you upgrade to more current hardware and the problem mostly goes away.

It's all technology buddy, no opinions allowed, either you choose to accept the facts or you'll get laughed at.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I got a modest gaming rig:

• Intel Core i7-4770K
    • 16GB-Kit G.Skill RipJawsZ
    • Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition, 3GB GDDR5, PCI-E
    • WD Caviar Black 1TB
    • WD Caviar Green 1TB
    • Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128GB 6Gb/s
    • Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW
    • Corsair Carbide Air540, ATX
    • Corsair Professional Series HX750 80PLUS Gold 750W
    • ASUS Z87-PLUS (C2)
    • Noctua NH-D14
    • ASUS VG248QE 24" Monitor
    for €1300, another €300 for the monitor.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You missed the whole point.
    i had 2 options.
    OPTION 1
    Keep my old pc at home and buy a new pc for the office which would cost me at least 200-250 euros.
    After lets say 2 years i would have 2 low performance PCs
    OPTION 2
    Get new parts for about 500 euros + some parts from my old PC and move the basic old system to the office to handle basic office works.
    Now i ll have 1 nice new shiny system and a basic machine for the office.

In coclusion the whole project with the option 2 costs 200-250 euros more than option 1 and will be futureproof.
    correct me if i m wrong.
    Haha, I never took what you did in as a choice!
    Just curious on how the CPU worked. Haha.. Obviously you want to upgrade it for future games.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience of Phenom's, a friend of mine bought a Phenom II x4 965 (slightly better than the one discussed) because another friend of his told him that it was a great CPU and better worth the money over an intel for gaming purposes. Made it out to be some sort of crazy powerful one. I spent over a week highly advising him to go intel whether it was dual core or the 2500k (which was the processor I had) and he didn't listen.

Cried playing BF3 in 64man matches and cried raiding 25mans in WoW every single day. To this day he only takes PC advice from me and not the friend of his. After he couldn't take the lag anymore, I built him a new machine with a 3570k and he's been happy ever since.

So yes, I'd have to agree with everyone else that the Phenom processors aren't really considered good in today's standards being that it wasn't even considered that good a couple years back. Hasn't been since Sandy Bridge.

Deleted
    Haha, I never took what you did in as a choice!
    Just curious on how the CPU worked. Haha.. Obviously you want to upgrade it for future games.
    Waiting for the case to put things together...it will arrive on monday+2-3 days for the H75. pfff i m sick waiting with the parts sitting on my desk and me surfing on my iphone:P

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Don't laugh at bottlenecks, as small as a bottleneck may be, there will always be a bottleneck. Whether it is a mechanical hard drive just not being fast enough for current CPUs and SATA or a CPU bottlenecking the amount of data a GPU can process, it's there and real. WoW is extremely CPU dependent, especially when other players are around, as that is how WoW is coded. The CPU does the physics, all the GPU does is draw it for your screen to display. If your CPU sucks, then yes, you'll know it, and yes, that is a bottleneck. It isn't something to "lols" at, that just makes you sound stupid. There are just some people who demand the best experience possible, and a 5 or so year old CPU that was beaten by CPUs that came out the next year by a pretty good degree of performance, well, suffice to say, most people are going to be over that, considering how many generations it has been.

Also, Warlords of Draenor will make it even harder on the CPU/GPU. Every expansion has made it worse, for instance MoP was making GTX 500 series cards (560 Ti and up even) cry and get very hot, to the shock of many on these forums, as that was pretty much a first for WoW. Oddly enough, it would happen in the middle of the Jade Forest even, just walking around, "oh my custom cooled GTX 560 Ti is reaching 75 Celsius, in WoW? Dang." Happened to me, happened to a lot of other regulars. Nothing you can do about it other than upgrade hardware. Not to mention WoW started using more VRAM. Then you upgrade to more current hardware and the problem mostly goes away.

It's all technology buddy, no opinions allowed, either you choose to accept the facts or you'll get laughed at.

I'm laughing of the situation it's being used. Either way, it's just a funny word I haven't heard in AGES. Thought the word was dead.
    It seems we discussed something wrong on the thead, my question was merely supposed to be at OP if the CPU still wasn't a decent CPU, that's it. Irrelevant from his upgrades.

The reason the 560 is hitting higher C is simple.

A) Dust
    B) Paste
    C) It's getting old, if you had clocks it's obviously taking some damage.

I had a 480 and the temps were hitting the three digits, which actually is almost normal for it, however I changed the paste after 4-5 years? I took the temps down, alot. Cleaned it on the way aswell, got much more silent and much mor cooler.

But taking the perspective he had to upgrade he did a good job on upgrading. I was again, just talking about the CPU irrelevant from other stuff