Quote Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
    Onyxian drake dropped, easy tips, easy mount
    nice video.. this really works i was struggling for a while to get this mount, but after this tip i got it on my first attempt

That sounds like bunch of hoopla!

Going to test it.

----

Thought so, nothing. lol

Would've been nice to know-if it worked- when I was going for it, like 143 kills.
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2016-03-26 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only does it sound like bullshit, but he said the drop rate increased from 1% to 2.5%. Woo, so much.

They reverse engineered the code and tested it on private realms and did this that and the other to find out that each mob reduces chance of getting the mount by 0.2% ... I mean christ.

Deleted
    Rixis - sure it's totally legit, thoroughly tested with empirical evidence etc.

Anyone could record all of their mount drops and then put a voice over.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Anyone could record all of their mount drops and then put a voice over.
    well anyone can photoshop anything, but this guy trying to help and you all being negative Nancy. Anyway - i tried to get it and it worked.. i guess those few % metters

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    well anyone can photoshop anything, but this guy trying to help and you all being negative Nancy. Anyway - i tried to get it and it worked.. i guess those few % metters
    How can you possibly know this actually works? You probably just fell into the standard 1% drop chance like everyone else and are attributing luck for an unconfirmed trick. The only possible way to ever test this is if you did thousands of Onyxia attempts with this "technique" and the drop rate averaged at 2.5% instead of 1%. Without such testing and statistics this is all just heresay.

It's honestly just the same as people claiming they did a "Masterball trick" in Red/Blue by holding A+B+Up...

Deleted
    How can you possible know this actually doesn't work Rothex?
    Just drop down your %, it's your time not mine.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got into a timewalking dungeon a while back, and there he was. A random feral druid running his first timewalking dungeons ever. First boss we kill (Pit of Saron) and he gets the mount. Not so long before that in the TBC timewalking event someone gets the mount from Kael'thas without even knowing he can drop a mount!

Technically not me obtaining any rare mounts, but worth sharing imo. No screenshots sadly

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxian drake dropped, easy tips, easy mount
    wtb any trick how to increase Raggy drop mount...xD

btw since finally got mount from all mounts (Invincible's Reins) after or around 150 tries on 18.02.2016, I also have some luck or whatever to got these mounts:

Bristling Hellboar, Sea Turtle,Bridle of the Ironbound Wraithcharger, Sapphire Riverbeast, Flying Carpet, Magnificent Flying Carpet, Frosty Flying Carpet, Creeping Carpet, Riding Harness, Giant Coldsnout, Smoky Direwolf, Poundfist, Garn Steelmaw, Felsteel Annihilator, Mottled Meadowstomper and Great Greytusk...still waiting for Garrosh on bmah, tw mount and Raggy drop...

p.s. for 5 profession mount which was cost me around 20k I was used lvl 100 boosted char which I got with Legion...

7+ Year Old Account
    How can you possible know this actually doesn't work Rothex?
    Just drop down your %, it's your time not mine.
    Because that's not how mount drops are actually designed. Blizz has never gone around and made random ways to increase the drop chances of mounts; they never have and probably never will. Until thoroughly tested evidence is provided, which you claim there has been, then your claim cannot be proven until that moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I tried it and it didn't work - therefore there is no way to know whether or not it actually works.

Look, if you want to believe that it works, then that's all up to you. Most people out there believe in things like good luck charms and superstitions and whatnot. I have no problems with that. What I have a problem with is the guy in the video speaking as if his method absolutely does work, while providing zero evidence to support that claim. Oh, the mount dropped when he did it? How do we know he didn't record every Onyxia kill and simply just pasted his voice recording on top of the video? Next I'm gonna film all my Baron Rivendare kills while my character is naked and when the charger finally drops I'm gonna make a video and say that killing him naked improves the drop rate by 5%

It is literally impossible to prove unless he is somehow able to run MILLIONS or even BILLIONS of simulations/trials of both using his method and not using his method. It's basic scientific method testing; one result does not count for anything, it has to be repeatable to actually mean anything.

It's like saying you have a lucky pen or a pair of lucky underwear that helps you do well on tests; it might make you feel better and more confident when you actually take the test, but it doesn't actually have a direct affect on the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    Because that's not how mount drops are actually designed. Blizz has never gone around and made random ways to increase the drop chances of mounts; they never have and probably never will. Until thoroughly tested evidence is provided, which you claim there has been, then your claim cannot be proven until that moment.
    Are you really sure? there is code in software than can be backtraced about this.. take off your tinfoil hat mate, someone just wants to help and you can find more info about this online. Anyway it is up to you to believe it or not at least it worked for me.. or maybe just a lucky try!

Deleted
    Ok, guys. Since you do not believe me for giving this trick out to public to get increased chance for Onyxia mount. I will also share Flametalon of Alysrazor trick to get it easier for this amazing mmo-champions community and to clear my name.
    Blizzard has added these things in to the game code to increase the drop chance, I do not know at what time, but all this information has been gathered and analysed for thousands and thousands of kills on private realms and official realms THE MATH DOESN'T LIE
    enjoy guys easy flametalon, cheers

Just got Drake of the North Wind. Total stats:

Ran 134 times taking a total of 7 hours, 6 minutes and 35 seconds. Made a profit of 4,447 Gold, averaging about 33 gold each run or 625 gold per hour inside. That's using just the vendor price of the items I looted. I also got about 800 Volatile Air which auction for a lot more than they vendor, so total profit was probably about 8K gold.

Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Are you really sure? there is code in software than can be backtraced about this..
    Thanks for the awesome onyxia video. I got the mount on my first try thanks to this video. And yes people have reverse engineered the software and the mount drop increase code is definitely there in the mainframe clear as day. I backtraced it myself just to be sure.

Here's an unrelated thank you video that might make your life easier, just like you have made my life easier by posting this amazing onyxia trick.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Just got Drake of the North Wind. Total stats:

Ran 134 times taking a total of 7 hours, 6 minutes and 35 seconds. Made a profit of 4,447 Gold, averaging about 33 gold each run or 625 gold per hour inside. That's using just the vendor price of the items I looted. I also got about 800 Volatile Air which auction for a lot more than they vendor, so total profit was probably about 8K gold.

Never heard about this addon before gonna try it out. Does it just do total gold accumulated from an instance or can it do average as well? What about min or max earned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Thanks for the awesome onyxia video. I got the mount on my first try thanks to this video. And yes people have reverse engineered the software and the mount drop increase code is definitely there in the mainframe clear as day. I backtraced it myself just to be sure.

Here's an unrelated thank you video that might make your life easier, just like you have made my life easier by posting this amazing onyxia trick.
    Thank you for your kind words, I really like to give it back to the community and help people along.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    Never heard about this addon before gonna try it out. Does it just do total gold accumulated from an instance or can it do average as well? What about min or max earned.
    The current version on Curse just does Total earned, I've been developing it since October. The version in my screenshot also does average profit, and is the current development version which should be on Curse soon, once I finish testing all the new additions. I do not currently track quickest/slowest run or most/least profit, but that could definitely be a good addition for the next version.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account
    if those videos are true about the increase chance of mount on onxyia and alysrazor im sooooo mad. Had to have taken me 250+ kills on each boss to get their mounts, and i just got them both within the last month. Wish i knew about this earlier....