Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Well that and set pictures from filming this year
    GDI BILL. Well, I already knew that.

I'm still irritated by Gimple claiming this was creative storytelling. I was fine, in theory, with the cliffhanger, because I understand how television works, before the episode. But watching Gimple and Kirkman try and say this was a good story-telling of Rick's confidence being built up and then torn down when they lop off the climax of his destruction and utter devestation just irks me as a writer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, one other point about the leaked audio files of Glenn moaning "Maggie":

Was that just trickery? Because he says that when he's tossed out of the van at the circle at the end, I can imagine it being some trickeration. I didn't get to hear the leaked file before it was taken down everywhere.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    TWD writer 1: So who are we gonna kill at the end of the season? It's gotta be huge!
    TWD writer 2: How about our viewerbase?
    In my eyes you just won the internet. http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/icons/icon14.png

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, one other point about the leaked audio files of Glenn moaning "Maggie":

Was that just trickery? Because he says that when he's tossed out of the van at the circle at the end, I can imagine it being some trickeration. I didn't get to hear the leaked file before it was taken down everywhere.
    Eh...you kinda have me second guessing myself now. Not sure. I did hear the "Maggie" part when I listened to the leaked clip though.

The other big difference is that you could very clearly hear Maggie screaming while the Lucille stuff went on during the leaked audio, but you didn't hear her screams at all in the finale. I imagine that was changed for the show so we wouldn't eliminate Maggie as a possible victim (because we'd know she's not the one who got it if we heard her still screaming after like the 3rd hit).

That said, the leaked clip was legit. It matched word for word what Negan said, so I don't doubt its authenticity now.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-04 at 06:34 AM.

Dont worry you guys will be begging for Season 7 after watching Fear the walking Dead season 2

I think they probably switched the audio from the leaked clip because it gave away who died. I definitely still think it's Glenn after having heard the leaked audio. Couple of months till filming starts and the victim gets spoiled everywhere on the internet though

what a shitty finale, although i havent watched AMC legally ever since they fucked up from Season 3 onwards with shitty writing and constant plot armor, its still sad how they think this is good writing. GoT has much better writing and actually knows how to do deaths and suspense properly

anyway i think its Glen still, Daryl got shot so it doesnt make sense to kill him after hes already rather injured, Maggie is spose to be leader of Hilltop after having been there and negotiated a deal with them and stuff so shes out. also shes pregnant and already in pain.
    Rick and Carl are out for obvious reasons
    Abraham Eugene and the gay guy arent big enough characters
    Sasha is out because, not a big enough character, plus shes a woman
    Rosita is also out for that same reasons above.
    Michonne is out because, u cant kill a woman on screen like that in a brutal fashion. although that would be the most shocking messed up thing ever if she was graphically beaten to death

that just leaves Glen imo.
    Last edited by announced; 2016-04-04 at 06:51 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope first episode next season they show what happened to Darryl's group before Negan showed up, then we see who gets whacked then it cuts to 6 months later or whatever. plus, how many Saviours are there? at least 200 I reckon, that's a massive force in the world they are living in

I'm pretty sure it's Eugene. They have him, and the camera made a point of not cutting to him. Plus he got all those personal moments with Abraham. Did they seriously think we forgot about him when Negan was doing his eenie-meenie-miney-moe shit?

Also, I hate that Jeffery Dean Morgan is playing Negan. I like him a lot as an actor, and to me he'll always be John Winchester. I don't want to hate him.

The camera did cut to Eugene in the eeny meanie miney moe scene. I think it showed everyone (i just watched it again). Glenn got a lot of focus in the whole introduction to negan. My moneys on him or Abraham.

I'm betting it goes back to show who he picked, and there's just a random Alexandrite in the lineup that wasn't at all part of the episode. Poor ol' Bruce takes a bludgeoning and everything's back to normal after they kill Negan in the third episode.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Also, I hate that Jeffery Dean Morgan is playing Negan. I like him a lot as an actor, and to me he'll always be John Winchester. I don't want to hate him.
    Do what I do and pretend both shows exist in the same universe, and Negan is just John Winchester's reanimated corpse possessed by a really cool demon. It helps, and also makes me look forward to the inevitable crossover where Sam and Dean revive his spirit and the three of them use a bunch of zombies to defeat the Darkness.

Eugene is useful to Negan though, and it seems like he likes useful ppl. Thats why he killed the 16 year old at hilltop

Eh...after the Glenn "death" I knew AMC was reaching for new and creative ways to go out of their way to fuck their viewers and rely on the people also voting for Trump to keep their numbers high and I understand the nature of the beast with cliff hangers even though I don't agree with them personally, in the right hands it can be an effective tool.

Remind me again why I should care who Negan is? The whole season is effected and ultimately pointless with one swoop of shitty cliffhanging rating whoring. They got some really nice visuals going with the episode and some great acting. But they're just fucked from the start from the suits. This show man...

These writers are so hot and cold they need to get a more reliable crack dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Some of this logic is kinda flawed. We were also led to believe Glenn had died in this season already and I really don't think they would have an issue with it being a woman...I mean, they stabbed a kid through the chest with a sword. They could also do a cop out and kill of one of the smaller characters, probably not, but don't see why they didn't just have the death in the finale if it was going to be someone of more shock value.
    that kid was like 17 or so, plus it was a quick death. beating someone with a baseball bat where brains and blood and eyeballs could come flying out is not. also they wouldnt murder a woman in that way most likely so that rules out 3 victims right off the bat, the rest arent interesting enough or dont have enough of a fanbase to be merited. you could say its Daryl or Glen, but Glen is the safer choice for the show, and thats what the writers always seem to go for, safe.

People forget that Negan essentially has a harem, so if you're wondering if he would give the women to Lucille or his own "bat", well....yeah, think about that.

Also wanted to add, looks like Negan has been skipping leg day.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    any idea who those guys were who helped Carol and Morgan in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    any idea who those guys were who helped Carol and Morgan in the end?
    Their from the Kingdom. Search it up if you want to learn what that place is.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Well, that was very stupid. Making us wait a few months to learn who it was will tone down the emotional reaction by a lot. Probably will get leaked too. And then no one will give a shit.

Honestly, I don't get what's so wrong with a cliffhanger ending. Every show does that. And if you think they won't show Glenn getting smashed from a different angle in the first episode of the next season - think again. They did that already, that's what happened the 4/5 season finale/opening. And if you think the scene will be leaked out before the next season airs - well, think again. I'm sure it has been filmed already and it's locked up in a safe.

I mean, I get it, you read the comics, so you don't want to wait until fall, you wanted to see that scene right now, but all the people who haven't read them will tune in again just to see it from a different angle, if for nothing else. So will all of you ragers. Even without showing who the victim was, the last scene was definitely the best scene ever in TWD. The tension was through the roof.

As for why it is Glenn and noone else - the whole point of killing one person is to intimidate all the rest. Negan wouldn't kill Rick, because he's the leader, and he knows every group needs a leader to survive, even if said leader is also the biggest threat to him - he probably doesn't believe Rick's group could be a real threat to the Saviors, anyway. He wouldn't kill Carl, because Rick would flip and he'd have to kill him as well, and that would probably trigger all the rest and he'd have to kill them all. Michonne, Sasha, Abraham, Daryl, Rosita - they are strong. They were doing a pretty good job of hiding their fear, especially Abraham. Their deaths wouldn't have that shock factor, since they were ready to die. I mean, it could be any of them. But it won't be, since there are better candidates.

The what's-his-name guy from Alexandria is too much of a no-name to get killed in such an important scene.

That leaves Eugene, Glenn and Maggie. Eugene got a lot of development over the finale and the past few episodes, but he's still not THAT tight with the rest of the group. He's just getting there, but if he was the one getting killed, the rest would be "hey, I'm glad it's not me or Michonne" etc.

Now that leaves Maggie and Glenn. Negan even goes "how about we put you out of your misery" towards Maggie. He approached everyone in turn just to see if the threat of death would trigger anyone else in the group. And Glenn is the only one who flips, which lets Negan identify that they are related somehow. Then he just goes with the good old divide and conquer. It's a safe bet that killing one person will undermine the group leader's authority, and when it's seen by someone closely related to the one killed, the survivor might become the leader of opposition within said group. Then they will be busy arguing with one another instead of working together (and in turn, with other groups) to overthrow the Saviors. I haven't read the comics, but I did read some spoilers, and I imagine that Maggie leaving to Hilltop will, ultimately, be a result of her losing her trust in Rick after seeing him unable to do anything to help Glenn.

Maybe I'm overestimating Negan's thinking, but I think his reasoning behind picking Glenn was a LOT deeper than "teeny, meeny, miney".
    Last edited by Airlick; 2016-04-04 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    originally i had my money on maggie, but now i think it will be Eugene. The episode sort of felt like a bit of a send off to him, he gave rick the bullets plan. him and abraham came to an accord. etc etc.
    Hi