Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Let's be Cynical: Predictions on WoW (& it's Community) Over the Next Two Years!

A fun little thread to help pass the time until da legion returns mons!
    *nothing to be taken seriously in this thread*

Vanilla & BC: "Lol, EQ was so bad! WoW so gud, and it's accessible!"
    *after making the game even more accessible, because thats what people liked about it*
    WotLK: ... "They made it casual now it sucks. Old world was better!"
    *revamped and returned to the old world to appeal to both the new fanbase and old fanbase*
    Cata: "They made it even more casual now it sucks more. Dragon Soul 2 hard. WotLK was the best!"
    *goes back to introducing a new, unexplored continent, and made LFR an optional difficultly*
    MoP: "Lol pandas? LFR is staying? Orcs were edgier. Why Half-Hill not a full one player house? Worst expansion evar, Cata was Better!"
    *went back to being somewhat dark and gave people not only a house but a full on adventure town to customize*
    WoD: "Nothing to do in the world, sitting in garrison all day. Too many orcs! Not enough legion! MoP was the best!"
    *makes Broken Isles playable in any order and adds open world quests, more legion*
    Prediction: "Sitting in my garrison was more fun than actually putting effort into open world questing."
    *turns WoW into a lobby game, instances everything*
    "..."

*subscriber count drops to 6 mill, FFXIV overtakes*

Plot predictions: Illidan comes back being an edgy anti-hero, everybody who wanted him to come back so calls him out as a gary-sue and for being unbeatable and too cool. Varian dies but just turns out to be hiding. Jaina goes berserk and murders a ton of Horde but this being the WoW writing team, she'll be forgiven and get off with a slap on the wrist. Gallywix sells out Sylvanas and turns the Horde into a megacorp selling Kaja'Kola. "There must always be... a legion!" and the baddies are never defeated until Blizz decides WoW is too affordable to maintain, Alagon facepalms and says "screw it I'm reoriginating the planet" and everybody turns into orange tang, WoW ends with Gainax ending and all is well with world.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-04-19 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will complain that gold is too hard to make after removal of garrisons. Probably a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

7+ Year Old Account
    I keep playing (after 3 yrs off) in hopes Legion will be better

Pre Sunwell badge patch TBC was the best of all f wow by far. I could Live without flying, hopefully its gone in Legion. Who ever created garrisons needs to be taken out back and shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    *went back to being somewhat dark and gave people not only a house but a full on adventure town to customize*
    Honestly it just sounds like you have no idea what player housing is like in any other game really. It's supposed to be a house you can personalize, not a resource node. Ultimately that is all Halfhill and Garrisons were.

"Hardly anybody I know came back to play."

Oh, wait. That's half-serious.

Different people like different things so there will always be someone complaining. But I honestly liked MoP and never once thought "cata was better"

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion launch will peak at 7m players. Adventure mode questing will get old or the rewards will become outdated within 2 months and we'll be back to complaining about no content outside of raiding. Subs will tank below 4m within 6 months.

Within the next 2 years Blizzard will launch legacy servers to save themselves from the embarrassment of WoWs slow death. Subs will rebound to 6-7m.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Legion launch will peak at 7m players. Adventure mode questing will get old or the rewards will become outdated within 2 months and we'll be back to complaining about no content outside of raiding. Subs will tank below 4m within 6 months.

Within the next 2 years Blizzard will launch legacy servers to save themselves from the embarrassment of WoWs slow death. Subs will rebound to 6-7m.
    except everything scales. Including the rewards. Legacy servers is prolly the most dumb business decision ever conceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    except everything scales. Including the rewards. Legacy servers is prolly the most dumb business decision ever conceived.
    That's not necessarily true. The rewards scale, yes, but the length to which they scale has been a bit wishy-washy.

Before the alpha was even out there was some contradictions between different Blues on whether or not Mythic+ dungeons could reward Mythic Raid level gear. Even if they do, this is the important part, his fear is that when the next raid tier comes out those dungeons' rewards will still be scaling to the same ilvls they were before thus leaving them behind the current max ilvl and automatically not worth doing anymore.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's not necessarily true. The rewards scale, yes, but the length to which they scale has been a bit wishy-washy.

Before the alpha was even out there was some contradictions between different Blues on whether or not Mythic+ dungeons could reward Mythic Raid level gear. Even if they do, this is the important part, his fear is that when the next raid tier comes out those dungeons' rewards will still be scaling to the same ilvls they were before thus leaving them behind the current max ilvl and automatically not worth doing anymore.
    Mythic+ missions could be a thing. WIth everything scaling, theres literally an almost infinite number of stuff they can pull off anywhere in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    12-14 years is a good run for an MMO.
    Yea, nothing wrong with that, but ruining (and literally destroying) a game like WoW in ~1,5 expansions is an embarrassment, indeed.

The problem with most mmo's is the small hateful groups are usually the ones who complain the loudest so it ruins it for the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Numerous reasons why legacy servers would be a good business decision: please let me know if you want them listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Numerous reasons why legacy servers would be a good business decision: please let me know if you want them listed.
    But there isn't, people supporting this can't even give a build up to why it should be managed. And when a subscription idea is added, suddenly A LOT of those people disappear.

Right, on to more important topics though.

Hmm, predictions for the start event...

"OMG WTF, I have to do this event with 40 others!?"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Right, on to more important topics though.

Hmm, predictions for the start event...

"OMG WTF, I have to do this event with 40 others!?"
    Give it a month and you don't even get the 40 people anymore.

And the scaling thing, maybe the items CAN scale up to mythic raid level and with the next tier (if there is one) they scale higher, the higher iLevels are like what 4% chance? And because raid tiers get obsolete by the time next tier lfr comes around.
    Mythic+ chances scale with difficulty, LFR will give equal if not better gear for far less effort...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Give it a month and you don't even get the 40 people anymore.

And the scaling thing, maybe the items CAN scale up to mythic raid level and with the next tier (if there is one) they scale higher, the higher iLevels are like what 4% chance? And because raid tiers get obsolete by the time next tier lfr comes around.
    Mythic+ chances scale with difficulty, LFR will give equal if not better gear for far less effort...
    Hmm, doubt that. Maybe 2.

In WoD, even at two months and it still felt like a metro station around the Garrison.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But there isn't, people supporting this can't even give a build up to why it should be managed. And when a subscription idea is added, suddenly A LOT of those people disappear.
    Adding Legacy servers does nothing bad minus cost Blizzard money. I'm sure they could make up some useless mount and sell it for 15 bucks to cover all the costs the server would ever need.

The reverse is also a thing. People who dislike the idea can't come up with a decent reason why not. The only thing it costs is Blizzard money/time. It doesn't cost the players anything. Adding it in is only a bonus to everyone. Play it or not, who knows, but not trying it seems stubborn. Yes, if it was popular, it would tell the current devs that they are trashcan, but I think everyone knows that already.

I know its off topic, so I'll stop.

I don't really have an on topic thing to post... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

*subscriber count drops to 6 mill, FFXIV overtakes*
    Not much threat of that happening. The FF14 overtaking I mean.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    The problem with most mmo's is the small hateful groups are usually the ones who complain the loudest so it ruins it for the majority.
    Majority has already quit the game.. from 12M -> less than 5M

You should remember, that players, who whine about changes - are always different players, not the same. So, the only way to be successive - is to cater to majority or to make optional alternative content. And if you see, that more and more players whine about changes and that you lose more and more of them - then you do something wrong. Biggest Blizzard mistake - they still listen to vocal minority, that causes echo chamber effect. For example they still nerf LFR, because 1% of players whine about it. Some minority of Vanilla/BC veterans constantly whine about lack of socialization, that world is dead, that WPVP is dead, that world isn't felt immersive, etc. And Blizzard listen to them. They remove flying. They remove Garrisons, when they simply need a simple changes, like making them account wide.

As many of you said, many players don't know, what they want. Many players for example can't realize, that game isn't so interesting, just because they have become adults. Playing games - is children's feature, programmed by nature, that is needed to test and consolidate skills. Our scientists want to build AI, that will immediately be as skilled, as human is. But the real truth is in fact, that it takes YEARS for human to learn all stuff, he'll need to live. So when you're child - you play just for the sake of playing. No matter, what game you play - Tetris or Wow - it's always exciting. But when you become adult - this nature program shuts off. So you stop playing just for the sake of playing - you start needing high quality of content. Content that is deep, interesting, challenging, as deep, interesting and challenging, as real world is. Your imaginary world grows with you from toy cars to real ones. And there is a point, when game developers just can't provide even higher quality of content - they can't make game as good, as real life is.

And the worst thing: behind this wall of noise Blizzard can't hear real problems. They can't hear, that players trying to tell them, what they actually enjoy in their game. Blizzard can't hear, that players are trying to tell them, that their changes are terrible and gamebreaking.

So. Stop whining about non-existing problems. If you stopped liking this game - just stop playing it. May be it's time for you to play "real life" game? But don't ruin this game for players, who still like it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-04-19 at 08:41 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.