Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That looks a lot better. Clean and simple. I mean its not like I need to see what my Warrior's intel or Mage's agility is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Competition? In the genre? Catching up? Wait... what? ;D

[although I do agree WoW is obviously a cash cow, just don't see a reason to cry about it]
    I meant catching up in terms of dumbed down game design. For example MMOs (F2P phone ones at that) with char sheets that show "power" and nothing else. (Maybe HP.)

WoW's going and "catching up" in that direction. If it gets another xpac character stats and abilities might be as complex as the battle pets.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

people losing their shit about something so unimportant like a character sheet. good job guys. imo you just hate for the sake of it. leave wow if you hate everything about it, please !

OT: i like it. i dont need to see how much int my warrior has, + it looks waaay better.

Deleted
    tertiaries will be added if you have them and they will add weapon damage. So... yeah i like it. Its cleaner.

its simple and to the point of what you need.
    so whats wrong with it?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

It's nice to see things like block chance, dodge and parry chance, leech, movement speed, damage. Even if some of the things shown aren't really changable it's nice to be able to get all the information in the same place. Blizzards continual effort to hide information from the player is growing quite frustrating.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2016-04-22 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    its simple and to the point of what you need.
    so whats wrong with it?
    Beyond spellpower currently not showing which is valid, it seems like a lot of 'I don't like change!' talk. If they make things cleaner or more direct it's 'dumbing down' rather than optimizing. Blizzard can't do right in these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    It's nice to see things like block chance, dodge and parry chance, leech, movement speed, damage. Even if some of the things shown aren't really changable it's nice to be able to get all the information in the same place. Blizzards continual effort to hid information from the player is growing quite frustrating.
    Here's a tip.. If it's not on the page (other than spellpower), use your imagination and see 0s there. They're not 'making an effort to hide information', they're getting rid of things that are pointless to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Here's a tip.. If it's not on the page (other than spellpower), use your imagination and see 0s there. They're not 'making an effort to hide information', they're getting rid of things that are pointless to have.

Except as a tank my block/dodge/parry isn't 0, and I would like to know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Yes, it's oversimplified and there was literally no reason to change it. Don't fix shit that's not broken.
    You don't understand... IT'S CONTENT!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why they made the itemlevel so big and exposed like it was the most important thing ever, the position on the pane would suggest that it is something immensly meaningful, but it isn't...

Except as a tank my block/dodge/parry isn't 0, and I would like to know what it is.
    Curiously enough tanks seem to be lacking the core skills on their sheet to show they have those abilities currently, but then again I'm thinking a lot of things are missing.. Worgen running wild for example, as well as the male's inner mouth. I'd hold the whole 'The sky is falling' speeches until we get more than the first pass as the new sheet.

Deleted
    I guess it's a matter of taste, since as a warrior I not interested in stats that doesn't affect me like spirit or int. Some people might wanna see all that, but not me..

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I don't understand why they made the itemlevel so big and exposed like it was the most important thing ever, the position on the pane would suggest that it is something immensly meaningful, but it isn't...
    According to the bulk of the player base it is.. Gotta have that 725 ilevel to do normal Archie now adays in pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people going on about "WOWS GOING TO CONSOLE YO111111111111111111111111111111" are fearmongering. Wow would have to go under a complete makeover for that to happen. Look I don't like the new stat panel as much as anyone else but try to compose yourself when making constructive criticism.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The people going on about "WOWS GOING TO CONSOLE YO111111111111111111111111111111" are fearmongering. Wow would have to go under a complete makeover for that to happen. Look I don't like the new stat panel as much as anyone else but try to compose yourself when making constructive criticism.
    You probably could very well play warcraft on a console. Wouldn't make it a bad thing with how they've designed the game.

Don't think I've felt the need to check my dodge/parry a single time on any of my tank chars since the stats were removed from gear. Block from mastery is probably the only thing that actually matters, since you can control that stat, so hopefully the full block % and how much is gained through mastery is shown somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It should be an option "Show advanced character interface" that defaults off. That way new players / normal people can have the new simple version and other people can use the old version.

Everybody wins.

Why do they consistently go for the approach where one group of players lose out when there is an alternative where everybody could be happy?
    Yep. agreed 100%.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2016-04-22 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    It seems like it will only show the stats you need to see. TBH I don't really need to see how much INT my hunter has
    Thats my take on it, they just uncluttered the stat pane. No reason for classes that dont use certain stats to have them listed. As it stands now if you mouse over stats on live you get a message that says, you gain no benefit from this stat. All this does is remove the clutter and show only the stats you need.

Again, as presented earlier in the thread by a multitude of other people, there isn't really a problem with either stat panels. Some prefer the one we have now, some prefer the updated legion one. I personally prefer the one we have now, so why not make the option as Simca recommended which allows the option for us to choose which one to use.

Honestly, the more options players have the better. I like change for the most part, but in this case id prefer the old model, so why can't the option of being able to choose either one suffice? I haven't seen an answer to this question yet.

Also, keep in mind this change doesn't alter gameplay in any way whatsoever, nor does it really affect any of us in here, so when you add your feedback try not to bash Blizzard for absolutely no reason. I just wanted to see if this was an issue worth mentioning and presenting as useful feedback, that's why I made this. I like both versions of the stats panel, but I prefer the older one, therefore I personally believe the option to have both would be best, rather than some people losing out while others don't.

TLDR: Why not add an option as Simca mentioned earlier that would make everyone happy, rather than just certain people? Add the option to be able to use either panel you want. The more options in game for players the better in most cases, this is one of them.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-22 at 08:34 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next patch all that you will see is iLvl