Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    If Doran is murdered in the books, by someone that makes sense, no one will be up in arms. Well, the Doran fans probably would be, but so long as it makes sense from a story perspective, then the majority won't have a problem with it.

Everyones problem with this is that it doesn't make sense, from any angle. But hey, if you see a way to make Ellaria and the Sand Snakes killing Doran/Trystane/Areo make sense, by all means share.

This isn't even Stannis burning Shireen levels of not making sense, this is a whole different dimension. If they kill Stannis in the books, but they do it in an actual battle, i'll be satisfied, i'll be pissed, but i'll understand it. If something happens to him that makes sense within the setting, then i'll fully support it. And sod off before you decide to whip out the south park gifs and the "oh hey look were talking about Stannis again", the 2 are linked.
    Yeah we get it. You're butthurt the show is differing from the books.

Here's a novel concept, perhaps we should see what happens before we have our circle jerk of hatred about everything we dislike.

Oh but, sorry, you headed off the idea of your beating-of-the-dead-horse "THE BOOKS DID IT BETTER/DIFFERENT!" Surely that makes up for your epic tantrum that happened before we see what occurs in the novel.

/s

I await, with bated breath, the next time something happens in Episode 2 or 3, when something happens you don't like and we re-litigate the exact same topic for the seventeenth time.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-04-24 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarys View Post
    Let's destroy one of the best plots in the books, Dorne, killing all "weak" Dornish men by the hands of strong, independent, bisexual bad pussy to please FEMEN audience.
    Fuck HBO.
    Yea, I am not sure this is the angle that they are playing. As much as I dislike the way they have handled this plot, I think it is more likely to be down to bad writing as opposed to pleasing feminists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Here's a novel concept, perhaps we should see what happens before we have our circle jerk of hatred about everything we dislike.

Oh but, sorry, you headed off the idea of your beating-of-the-dead-horse "THE BOOKS DID IT BETTER/DIFFERENT!" Surely that makes up for your epic tantrum that happened before we see what occurs in the novel.

/s

I await, with bated breath, the next time something happens in Episode 2 or 3, when something happens you don't like and we re-litigate the exact same topic for the seventeenth time.
    I'm not getting butthurt over the fact that the show is differing from the books, how could I do that when they've been diverging since season 2.

I'm getting butthurt over the fact that the character motivations, the basic building blocks of any story, don't make any fucking sense, no matter how you look at it.

If suddenly Ellaria turns around and murders Doran in the books, then i'll be just as pissed at that, because it doesn't make sense.

Dorne is very much a secondary plot line.

If they get Jon, Tyrion and Dany right, all will be forgiven.

The Jon Snow resurrection scene needs to be stellar.
    A lot of the top tier GoT moments so far have been partly down to one man...Ramin Djawadi.

As long as Brienne dies at some point in the story I'm fine.

Her story is just boring imho.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    As long as Brienne dies at some point in the story I'm fine.

Her story is just boring imho.
    Indeed.
    The very definition of filler.

I only wished Stannis filled her with a belly full of steel.

Ah yes, the age old shallow "you dislike it because it's different!" argument.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Removed the picture of nudity. Pictures of that nature or links to them aren't allowed. Not going to infract this time, but keep it clean from here on.
    Your post combined with your avatar is a glorious combo

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Ah yes, the age old shallow "you dislike it because it's different!" argument.
    Or that you literally complain about every single change from the book.

That's a funny statement, because I don't remember complaining about any changes based on them being different, in fact I do remember actually praising some of the changes compared to the books. However I've plenty criticized other changes based on their OWN merit. Sometimes, it might've sidelined with comparisons to the book but that was never the basis of the criticism.

Maybe there's something funny going on in your head that connects the two regardless. I'd check it out.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    It's like you're not reading.

I am complaining about this storyline because it is stupid. It has nothing to do with the books. If they do this storyline in the books, I will still complain, because it will still be fucking stupid.

Anyone from UK apart from Helen?

I know quite a few people who'll be waking up at 2am to watch it 'live'.
    Don't think I'll be able to do this personally.

If I leave it until tomorrow evening, it'll give me something to look forward too while I'm at work.
    Doubt I'll run into anyone spoiling.

Deleted
    I'll be recording it when its on at 2 then watching it before I head out to work, seems like the best of both worlds imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh goodness I just saw the rest of the set of the naked Melisandre... Donotwant.webm

Unrelated but part of the same set:

http://i.imgur.com/1v2Wsh2.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/qKJQ2tT.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I'll likely stay up and 'acquire it' shortly after it has aired, as I don't own a TV.
    Sign up for HBO Now or whatever its called, you get the first month free so you can get at least four episodes out of it and then cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Oh goodness I just saw the rest of the set of the naked Melisandre... Donotwant.webm

Unrelated but part of the same set:
    [splol]
    http://i.imgur.com/1v2Wsh2.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/qKJQ2tT.jpg
    [/splol]
    Do you people have attention span shorter than two pages? That's not even spoiler, that's pair of imgur links >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Do you people have attention span shorter than two pages? That's not even spoiler, that's pair of imgur links >.<
    I can put spoiler tags on whatever I want, breh.

If anyone wants to actually chat about GoT and the new season instead of getting sand in their vagina over spoiler tags, head over to ASOIAF forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarys View Post
    Let's destroy one of the best plots in the books, Dorne, killing all "weak" Dornish men by the hands of strong, independent, bisexual bad pussy to please FEMEN audience.
    Fuck HBO.
    It may be the best plot of the books, but is it essential to the main storyline? Weiss and Benioff know to some extent where the books are going. When both novels and show are over, we may think "Yeah, I understand why they left that part out."

It's like Lord of the Rings. The journey through the Old Forest and Tom Bombadil are parts that were left out of the movies. I often read comments complaining about that because they loved Bombadil and the adventures that the Hobbits live in the Old Forest and the Barrow-downs. Was this episode enjoyable? Yes. Was it really essential to the main storyline? Not much. So it got scrapped.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    It may be the best plot of the books, but is it essential to the main storyline? Weiss and Benioff know to some extent where the books are going. When both novels and show are over, we may think "Yeah, I understand why they left that part out."

It's like Lord of the Rings. The journey through the Old Forest and Tom Bombadil are parts that were left out of the movies. I often read comments complaining about that because they loved Bombadil and the adventures that the Hobbits live in the Old Forest and the Barrow-downs. Was this episode enjoyable? Yes. Was it really essential to the main storyline? Not much. So it got scrapped.
    But they didn't include it and have old Tom being a rapist or something, or try to kill the hobbits. It is one thing to ditch a plot that isn't essential to the main one (and I agree, I suspect the Dorne plot will not be integral to the overall one), it is another to butcher it, remove all of the intrigue, radically alter the personalities of some of the characters, replacing its promise of something awesome to come with the sense of impending disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Let me re-iterate, this is a spoiler thread and spoiler bars aren't used here. There's specifically a no-spoiler thread for this show if you don't want to be spoiled. The culture of these threads differ from thread to thread, and each has its own rules. In this thread, because for a long time there were book spoilers, AND a separate non-spoiler thread, it was decided black bars were superfluous. In a thread like TWD thread, leakers like Bill Nye are under no obligation to spoiler bar their leaks but do so out of consideration since there is no spoiler-free thread and if you want to discuss the show, there's only one place for it.

Edit: As a personal note, I agree with Willian that something that has already aired isn't a spoiler save for those who couldn't find the dedication to such a massive show to not watch it when it airs, and that leaks are what actual spoilers are. I don't go into these threads without the understanding that I will probably be reading about upcoming episodes.

That being said, I love that D&D's response to them fucking up Dorne is to....well, basically kill everyone off. There's no Arianne, Trystane is killed, Quentyn hasn't been in this show or mentioned (and probably won't be introduced since Dany is already gone from Mereen on her dragon), and the Sand-Snakes are all bastard daughters of a dead brother....so who gets the throne in Dorne? Did Ellaria consider this? Dorne is literally going to fall into civil war.

Can you make it so people have to agree to this before they post.

Hell completely disable the stupid bars for this thread if you can :P