Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only thing that needs to be added is tank stats as they are important. Parry, Dodge and block. Add those and it's fine.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    There is a lack of challenge in WoW. That is just a fact. Just because mythic is challenging doesn't mean there isn't a lack of challenges overall. The game is more than just mythic. If 99.99% of the game is unchallenging then you can't tell people that unless they engage in the 0.01% of the game which requires a tight schedule and a lot of time and dedication, they can't point out the fact that the game as a whole is oversimplified.
    Just because you don't do mythic, doesn't make the game not challenging. Or is it a bad game because 100% of the playerbase can get to max level? And then decide what level of difficulty they want to tackle raiding if at all?

I have never seen you make any useful and constructive comment. You should refrain from posting for the sake of everyone.
    If you think Vanilla was just "zerging" then 1) you, like most people nowadays don't even know what zerging means and 2) you have no idea about Vanilla.
    I did make some useful and insightful comments in the past I'm sure. It's just late and I'm tired and it's hard to argue with people who think Vanilla was more challenging mechanic-wise than WoD.
    Zerging is not a hard concept either. And I never played Vanilla but all the videos the Nost boys link are just zergfests.
    Last edited by mmoc5337f9d117; 2016-04-24 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Challenge Modes
    Timed runs are annoying.

Mythic dungeons
    Aren't hard.

Brawler's Guild
    Pointless soloplayer content, most of it which isn't hard, and the few fights who are, meh, who cares. Doesn't change that 99.99% of the game is unchallenging. I mean, what big of a part do you think those few Brawler's Guild fights are, with thousands upon thousands of quests in the game? 0.000001%? The vast majority of content in WoW is still pisseasy.

Keystone dungeons in Legion
    Isn't even in the fucking game yet and I'm already not interested in this Diablo 3 gameplay.

world quests requiring groups etc etc.
    Aren't hard.

Here is an idea. MAKE HEROIC DUNGEONS HARD AGAIN. MAKE QUESTING CHALLENGING AGAIN. Why is that so hard to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Just because you don't do mythic, doesn't make the game not challenging. Or is it a bad game because 100% of the playerbase can get to max level? And then decide what level of difficulty they want to tackle raiding if at all?
    Mythic is a small part of the game and many, like me, can't commit to no-life poopsock raid groups. The game, as a whole, is not challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    i think it looks nice.. and besided they have an option to display the older one
    Where? That's what I've been suggesting on the feedback forum after making this thread, and they even responded early on in the thread linked in the OP saying they currently have no plans to implement an option like that. Can you tell me where you see this option? A lot of people seem to want the option (including myself) to be able to choose which panel you are going to use, but I haven't seen that option yet.

Deleted
    snip
    All I'm seeing is "wah wah I don't ike WoW anymore wah wah".

Someone just listed you all the endgame. That is not 0,001% that is more liek 99%. Coz you know. Endgame. But you don't like any of the endgame stuff yo the game is not challenging. Gotcha.

Not interested
    As I said, bitch and whine for "challenge", but don't seek it out where they put it.

In order to make "questing a challenge again" as it was for SOME in Classic, they'd have to fucking lobotomize the players and bring them back to the skillcap of windowlicker which Classic was compared to ACTUAL mechanical complexity of today.

Even though say, Mythic dungeons, aren't challenging per say, they're still a hell of a lot more mechanically complex than anything ever was back in Classic.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-24 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    Here is an idea. MAKE HEROIC DUNGEONS HARD AGAIN. MAKE QUESTING CHALLENGING AGAIN. Why is that so hard to do?
    Coz of Cata. And players. Hard Heroics are not wanted. And what would that matter in a patch or two.
    Also that's what the Keystone mythicis, but you are all QQ about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You are asking for a single player content in a MMO game.
    I'm not asking for singleplayer content. I'm asking for that content to be hard again, like it used to be.

Also, not sure what do we achieve with making quest challenging again. Why do they need to be challenging?
    Uhm because challenging is more fun and non-challenging is a snoozefest?

There should be an end-game content that is challenging
    "Why should endgame be challenging?" See how stupid that question is?

I have a job, full-time one, I have time for 3 raids per week raiding. I raid Mythic. "Can't" commit is excuse. "Don't" want, is another thing.
    If you have a fulltime job and you raid three times a week then that's 3 days a week at least where you can't be doing much more than work and raid. I'm sorry but I don't want half of my week to be scheduled like that, there are other things I wanna do.

Heroic dungeons (save for the start of Cata) and questing have NEVER been challenging. Perhaps you are intending to use a different word, but WoW has never been difficult. The only thing that has changed since Vanilla is the game is less tedious. Some like tedium, some don't.

Mythic is a small part of the game and many, like me, can't commit to no-life poopsock raid groups. The game, as a whole, is not challenging.
    Yeah I agree. I enjoy mythic raiding but I'm not willing to make the time commitment. But I'm ok with that. If nothing else in Legion can entertain me as much as mythic raiding used to, then I'll just unsub.

However, the part of your statement that lends credence to the argument that people have rose-colored glasses when looking at vanilla is the game, as a whole, has never been challenging. As I said above, Vanilla wasn't hard at all. The primary reason WoW became popular is because it is an mmo for casual mmo fans. There has never been anything difficult about the game in general. It just took more time to do things back in the day.

Deleted
    As I said, bitch and whine for "challenge", but don't seek it out where they put it.

In order to make "questing a challenge again" as it was for SOME in Classic, they'd have to fucking lobotomize the players and bring them back to the skillcap of windowlicker which Classic was compared to ACTUAL mechanical complexity of today.
    It's not that I'm not interested in challenge, I'm not interested in the kind of content.

That's like pointing out that pet battles are super challenging and I should try that.

What is so hard to get about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Blizzard said the info will still be included in the API, so mod it if you don't like it.
    "We're too lazy to give you slightly more information, go out and make an interface because ours is trash"

That is how I interpreted Blizzard's statement.

It isn't like it is following a trend that was started with Garrisons, in which players developed an interface that was superior in both appearance and function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superfula View Post
    Heroic dungeons (save for the start of Cata) and questing have NEVER been challenging.
    Someone didn't play TBC
    lol
    You just embarrased yourself.

and questing
    Questing used to be hard, before they made it pisseasy with heirlooms and with the Cataclysm revamp. Another thing you know nothing about. No point talking to you educate yourself and come back when you've done so.

It's not that I'm not interested in challenge, I'm not interested in the kind of content.

That's like pointing out that pet battles are super challenging and I should try that.

What is so hard to get about that?
    You want "challenge" where it never existed to begin with and wouldn't pose a challenge today other than turning people away due to time-consuming tedium.
    Hell, in Legion, you'll get world quests that pose a challenge in that the mobs have ACTUAL mechanics and require the full toolkit of classes today. But let me guess, you're not "interested".

Deleted
    Someone didn't play TBC
    lol

Questing used to be hard, before they made it pisseasy with heirlooms and with the Cataclysm revamp. Another thing you know nothing about. No point talking to you educate yourself and come back when you've done so.
    So not playing in TBC is emberassing. Good to know.

Also don't use heirlooms and the challenges start in Outland. all your troubles melt away.

Andto be on topic. If you see your agility on your mage the game is challenging?

Also don't use heirlooms and the challenges start in Outland. all your troubles melt away.

Andto be on topic. If you see your agility on your mage the game is challenging?
    To the people whining and bitching about craving challenge but never actually partaking in it? Yes.
    I leveled my first character before the Cata revamp. I died because I was new and bad at the game, took me 3 months to reach max level. Second toon? Didn't die once, reached max level in half the time (without looms). It was never a challenge, time-consuming? Sure, but a CHALLENGE? No. WoW was hailed for being so casual-friendly for a reason.

Deleted

No, pretending to know shit and then not knowing that TBC heroics were hard is embarrasing. And you know what I meant but you try to be contrarian on purpose. On the ignore list you go.

- - - Updated - - -

You want "challenge" where it never existed to begin with and wouldn't pose a challenge today other than turning people away due to time-consuming tedium.
    Hell, in Legion, you'll get world quests that pose a challenge in that the mobs have ACTUAL mechanics and require the full toolkit of classes today. But let me guess, you're not "interested".
    What are you talking about "challenge" where it never existed? Questing used to be hard, dungeons used to be hard, raids used to be hard. Now the only thing that is challenging is poopsock mode, where you only get to after getting through defeating the same bosses on 3 lower difficulties first.

But you don't get it anyway. On the ignore list you go.

Someone didn't play TBC
    lol
    Or I don't consider BC heroics difficult. They weren't difficult at all, however they were tedious and extremely long. Boring is probably the best word for it.

Ok. You really do seem to be using the wrong words here. You continue using the word "hard" when you mean "tedious". They are not at all the same. Frankly if you actually think questing and heroics were ever difficult, that comes down to your ability as a player not the difficulty of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignoring people for killing your arguments is a classic sign that you are in way over your head. Time to turtle back into that hole of yours.

Deleted
    or i don't consider bc heroics difficult. They weren't difficult at all
    HAHAHAHAHAH

STOP

i CAN'T

MY SIDES

It was.

You can be an "unaccomplished" player and still recognize that the game has become oversimplified.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you telling me that none of the stats that were shown before had any influence on my character? Do you even know what stats were displayed and what they did?

which stats do you want shown to average players.
    keep in mind the other stats are available through the API

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post

which stats do you want shown to average players.
    keep in mind the other stats are available through the API
    There are tons of stats that over the years completely fell away. I said earlier, the stat window is not the problem, it's just the symptom of a larger problem which is the game is being oversimplified. Yes, the stats shown there are all that matter. NOW. It used to be that more stats mattered. It used to be that strength, agility and attack power all mattered when you were a melee. But that's too hard for the average WoW player.