15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a good idea from Blizzard to gradually give us achievements leading up to Flying in the later patch, the later the better. Wonder how much faster our ground mounts will be though? I'm guessing perhaps 30%?
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Which is GOOD.

I mean seriously do we need an aggressive trash mob every 5 yards? Do people really consider that mob density fun?
    I do

And that's how WoW always was.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Yeah sorry but no. Arms on live is one of the worst specs I have ever seen in my life.
    Check out Legion Arms, it's like WoD Arms dumbed down /shudder. And WoD Arms is already so dumbed down you can fall asleep playing it doing it (that's not even a joke, last December I was binge watching Law and Order on a second screen while doing mythic Soc lol.

Even with tier and trinket
    That's been the standard for like half a year now.

its much worse than Legion arms and that's not counting all the artifact traits and the legendaries AND the tier bonuses.
    Well, I guess you're opinion is right, everyone else is wrong, GG. Let's get back to flying though.

-------------------

One of the biggest problems I see from this is they are alienating many of the players who quit WoD over flying in advance, so Legion has little chance of getting subs back in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I do /10goats
    Why? What is fun about it to you?

The mobs aren't dangerous to your character at all, so please don't state "it makes the world feel dangerous".

I do

And that's how WoW always was.
    And yet you feel compelled to use flying mounts when leveling alts. Can't be that much fun then.....
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The mobs aren't dangerous to your character at all, so please don't state "it makes the world feel dangerous".
    More TI style mobs pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They already confirmed that "flying in a later patch" is their agenda
    They confirmed that prior to WoD's launch too, so forgive is for taking it all with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And yet you feel compelled to use flying mounts when leveling alts. Can't be that much fun then.....
    I also choose the path of least resistance, cuz I hate levelling alts Have no issues w/ levelling and running on my main though.

However, when I was doing Loremaster, I had to run around to get items. Especially in SMV and HFP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    More TI style mobs pls
    Indeed.
    I would prefer fewer yet more deadly mobs with abilities that require player interaction over a gazillion trivial trashmobs that do nothing but auto hits.

Also, unless you are sneaking into some fortress, mobs should be avoidable. In nature, not every animal you encounter goes GRRR MEE HATE YOUR GUTS! In fact, even animals like wolves will run away from you long before you can see them.

For what it's worth the harpy casters completely destroy me if i try to run past them while mounted. Even popping cooldowns I'm dead.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

No, I simply think that it's how theme park MMO should be and luckily that's how this game is, that's why I play it, otherwise I'd play something else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    For what it's worth the harpy casters completely destroy me if i try to run past them while mounted. Even popping cooldowns I'm dead.
    What harpy casters?
    @lightspark: Well that's one way to dodge the actual question. But if you like facerolling trivial mobs and wasting your time... so be it.

This is next level of bullshit. Flying should be available at launch. Period.

I also choose the path of least resistance, cuz I hate levelling alts Have no issues w/ levelling and running on my main though.

However, when I was doing Loremaster, I had to run around to get items. Especially in SMV and HFP.
    Shouldn't be a problem then, since Loremaster is part of Pathfinder.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

What harpy casters?
    @lightspark: Well that's one way to dodge the actual question. But if you like facerolling trivial mobs and wasting your time... so be it.
    I didn't dodge it though, that's how I think. I've been playing MMOs since 2001, games I played always had shitton of mobs to farm.

What harpy casters?
    Fuckers that occupy half of highmountain and make skipping through it deadly.

More TI style mobs pls
    Because they are totally unavoidable.

I didn't dodge it though, that's how I think. I've been playing MMOs since 2001, games I played always had shitton of mobs to farm.
    But you confirmed that fun isn't really as important as you previously tried to let us believe.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    But you confirmed that fun isn't really as important as you previously tried to let us believe.
    WoW has no replayability whatsoever, I only care about first playthrough on my main, it's fun, others are mundane. I dun touch alts until all QoL improvements are in place. TBH, I didn't have any alts till Legion pre-order, prior that I had only 1 character.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then don't make it an issue of gold. Make it an epic quest line. Make it a green-fire style skill-based objective. Make it unlockable in whatever way you choose to approach it from(gold, quest, or skill).
    Very much this, if they want to gate flying behind something, there should be multiple ways to unlock it, epic quest line (I liked the green fire one for warlocks, though it should be easier, so that your average player can complete it), gold, grind, some pvp-related way, too.

Heck, I'd even put something for non-fliers in, like say: talk to an NPC, which turns off flying for you (for the whole expansion) and opens an epic quest line and/or some other ways to unlock some reward, which the flying people can't get (like some cool ground mount, not available elsewhere even as a recolor). Or maybe some item to hold, blocking you from flying for the questline's duration. Etc.

However...

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Now I want to know when I am going to be able to fly. In fact, I want them to make this very achievement grant flying already, they can make the next steps grant some mounts or whatever.
    This, it should be available to do at launch, and not a day later.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    On top of that, if people are skipping the content with flight, maybe it's because the ground content wasn't worth doing in the first place.
    Also this, the game is for players and not the other way around, if people don't care to do your "content" (and/or don't like it), attempts to force them to do that, either directly, or by gating something they want behind it are -not- good thing to do.

Anyway, since the current achievement is all we got, what's those world quests they contain, anything reasonable, or another apexis-style bullshit?
    If the reputations will be fun enough to do (think Mists of Pandaria 5.0 or 5.1 ones, dailies mixed with regular quests and a lot of new lore), that could be passable... if it would unlock flight immediately after it's finished. As it is, they are still not seeing a penny from me, until everything needed to unlock flight, and flight itself, is actually in game. And even then, I will only consider it, based on whether I'll find those requirements acceptable or not, quality of the expansion, and it's price.