Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Are you a psychologist or psychiatrist? No? Then it's not up to you to label something as a sickness.
    While those do need to have a say, the issue is a bit more complex than that. Anyone with some basic understanding of trans activism should be aware of the reality trans folks face in that area: it being considered a disorder can be beneficial to them as it opens the possibility of state financed (or otherwise cost-lessened) treatment (access to professionals, to counseling, to HRT, to surgery...).
    I'm more inclined to letting professionals do their thing but, as it is, the decision is more political than it appears on the surface. And it's not something trans folks themselves agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Again. Who defines who those people are? You?

How is it any of your business what others do with their lives and bodies?

What a silly notion. But also: What about FtM Trans people then? Was "womenhood" too tough for them?

Anything to back this theory up? Or just something you want to believe because it makes you feel good?
    How the heck would this make me feel good? That makes no sense. This is my opinion it doesn't make me feel any way. I think the whole notion of Transgender-ness is retarded.

I love how you just keep replying with questions instead of replying. You'd make a good politician. Like the libtards who made this acceptable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    I think the whole notion of Transgender-ness is retarded.
    Because? I am sure this will break down to your "feelings" but go ahead and explain yourself.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I never mentioned a daughter. I don't have a daughter. You're pathetic.
    You're right, I was getting you confused with another conservative shill. My bad.

Still though...

walk in the women's shower and stare at naked and wet little girls whenever we want.
    laws allowing lecherous fuckers like me to shower with young girls
    allow grown man to shower with girls
    You've obviously given this a lot of thought, but you do know that there were never any laws like that right? No matter what you want or wish it has never happened.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I'm not the only one. The undegenerate part of the world where people still have backbone, morals and common sense say this.
    Tell me, how can someone be tolerated for mutilating themselves to look like the opposite gender? How is that not fucking perverted and sick?
    These people need psychiatric help. Or grow some balls, cause apparently menhood is too tough for them. They had to pussy out.
    I also have another theory: they literally have no special talents, skills or personality, so they are attention whoring. Same goes for faggots, vegans, crossfitter, etc...
    You realize that getting therapy is a required part of transitioning right? Probably not, you seem quite ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    While those do need to have a say, the issue is a bit more complex than that. Anyone with some basic understanding of trans activism should be aware of the reality trans folks face in that area: it being considered a disorder can be beneficial to them as it opens the possibility of state financed (or otherwise cost-lessened) treatment (access to professionals, to counseling, to HRT, to surgery...).
    I'm more inclined to letting professionals do their thing but, as it is, the decision is more political than it appears on the surface. And it's not something trans folks themselves agree on.
    I agree on the idea of potential benefits helping out with costs and such, but don't you think the act of classifying it as a disorder will prevent people or kids from having the courage to live the way they want to? I can also see religious groups using it as more fuel to fan their arguement that it's something that needs to be "cured."

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on the idea of potential benefits helping out with costs and such, but don't you think the act of classifying it as a disorder will prevent people or kids from having the courage to live the way they want to? I can also see religious groups using it as more fuel to fan their arguement that it's something that needs to be "cured."
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...oncern%20troll

In an argument (usually a political debate), a concern troll is someone who is on one side of the discussion, but pretends to be a supporter of the other side with "concerns". The idea behind this is that your opponents will take your arguments more seriously if they think you're an ally.
    It's like... textbook.

Bravo
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    I love how you just keep replying with questions instead of replying. You'd make a good politician. Like the libtards who made this acceptable.
    There is not so much to say to your pile of insults which can basically be summed up with "I think it's icky so I want to tell them what they can do with their bodies."

You basically just went on a rant about how people who disagree with you have no "morals, backbone and common sense", and how you think to have found a completely outlandish explanation for something that is - in fact - a very complex topic. But it seems like you are not even interested in understanding it, or having a somewhat reasonable discourse about the whole thing.

Like Wyrt said, Trans people are getting help, and are tackling their struggles by transitioning. That is what helps them; far better than any kind of "You are bad and should feel bad!" ever could.

You realize that getting therapy is a required part of transitioning right? Probably not, you seem quite ignorant.
    Required by whom?

Required by whom?
    By hospitals. They don't just start giving people estrogen/testosterone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the libtards who made this acceptable.
    Those dirty librals and their fully formed brains capable of empathy and their respect for their fellow man regardless of the circumstances of their birth, they are just the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Required by whom?
    You're passionately posting here on the subject (especially specifically about showering with young girls) but you freely admit that you are ignorant of even basic facts about transgendered people?

By hospitals. They don't just start giving people estrogen/testosterone.
    Ok, required in order to receive medical treatment. That seems reasonable. I thought you meant that the state required it in order for someone to change their gender on their ID.

Ok, required in order to receive medical treatment. That seems reasonable. I thought you meant that the state required it in order for someone to change their gender on their ID.
    It varies from state to state, but most states require sex reassignment surgery before changing sex on birth certificates and sworn statements from doctors for driver's licenses.

It varies from state to state, but most states require sex reassignment surgery before changing sex on ID.
    Yea I noticed that. I've mentioned it previously. I wish those requirements were changed. I think it'd be good for a person to be able to change their gender on their ID at the beginning of their their transitioning process.

It is a double edged sword indeed. And places a lot of unnecessary burdens on them. But I don't have a solution myself (and the debate is a bit off limits for these forums anyway). I think it's good to listen to them; and I feel all too many people are taking an ideological position without even understanding what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    It is a double edged sword indeed. And places a lot of unnecessary burdens on them. But I don't have a solution myself (and the debate is a bit off limits for these forums anyway). I think it's good to listen to them; and I feel all too many people are taking an ideological position without even understanding what's going on.
    I mean what you want to do, ideally, is remove the cultural stigma from it. People are less embarrassed about receiving financial aid for college, for example, because it's not as big of a deal to be seen of as poor, or at least not wealthy enough to write a check for $30k a year for four years. It's different when you tell people who are concerned about changing their gender "the good news is there's financial help for you, the bad news is it's because you have a disorder." Just my opinion. Although maybe a lot of them are secure enough in their convictions to just say "ok that's great, the money can help out."
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-04-30 at 11:13 PM.

I rarely ever shop at Target anyway cause their stuff is usually more than everywhere else... so I guess I'm protesting also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    I rarely ever shop at Target anyway cause their stuff is usually more than everywhere else... so I guess I'm protesting also.
    Let's be honest, the vast majority of the people who signed this garbage will still shop at Target if they were shopping there before, hell I'd put money down on a good percentage of them even going so far as to use a restroom at a Target at some point in the future.

Conservative bullies have a very short attention span and it's only a matter of time before they've found another minority group to attack in the name of one of their religions. History has proven this time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post

Conservative bullies...
    Espe, you are one of the biggest bullies on MMO-C when not being banned a majority of the month.

I mean really. lol

PS: I'm not consevative btw :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I mean really. lol
    As long as we're discussing moderation I think it's worth pointing out that you yourself just got back from a ban

It is telling that you're following me around just to try to take a shot at me with your usual shitpost though. Forgot about that thin skin of yours.

You, penguin and spinner should start a fanclub for me already!