Poll: Should Blizzard ban bots and botters?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    As someone who has had to ban botting players from an online game myself. Yes. They aren't worth the harm they do.
    At it's core every bot is just the result of stupid game design choices.

Take fishing, you know it's boring and 99% doesn't want it but you refuse to give auto-fishing. What does it do? Create a bigger profit-margin for anyone who can make a fishing-bot. Had you allowed auto-fishing (even if worse than manually) it would have dropped the value of a fishing-bot but instead the restriction increased demand for the creation of a bot. The rules of the free market apply here like anywhere else, if there is demand it will be filled. Trying to swim against the river is just stupid but this is exactly what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    What? You get full blue gear from one day in Ashran. In comparison, the Legion system will be extremely long and reward far better things than it currently does. Oh, there will be bots.
    People say that, but I was never that lucky in ashran. Doesn't that depend on if your team is actually winning or not? Not only that, but ashran wasn't around before now. I don't think well see a huge increase since most people who do bot already do and just sit in bgs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Of course they should. Permanently would be best.
    It's really sad blizzard doesn't really go with permanent bans
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    At it's core every bot is just the result of stupid game design choices.
    Yeah right
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-05-02 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    I would love to see it as an active mini game with bigger rewards than it's current form. Like, 100 fish for completing this puzzle, as opposed to 1 fish for 20 sec of your time and a shift+right-click. Fishing just seems so completely inactive. Catching the fish should be the fun part, not spazzing out when you see the bobber bloop.

OT: Yes.. botting should be banned.
    wow fishing is exactly like real life bobber fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    People say that, but I was never that lucky in ashran. Doesn't that depend on if your team is actually winning or not? Not only that, but ashran wasn't around before now. I don't think well see a huge increase since most people who do bot already do and just sit in bgs.
    Well, spending one day in it means that you'll be winning at one point or another. And you'll have unlimited bones for the gladiator sanctum to churn out your gear over the coming days. And while you're not winning you can always farm fragments for a fair amount of honor. Grinding honor has never been as easy as now, to be honest. I remember back in other versions where I had to grind for days at end to gear up, and getting a full pvp set was actually a real time investment.

And I guess we'll see about the legion bots. But heck, even I am considering botting it because there's so many rewards tied to it, and such a complete pain to grind it myself. And Blizzard is super lenient on bots, so I don't have to be afraid of getting caught really.

My prediction is that we'll see more bots than ever before. But I guess there's no way of knowing untill it's actually released.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you allow botting of leveling 1-100, that earns loot while leveling, loot has value, therefore you are gaining an advantage over someone not botting, use your damn brain.

- - - Updated - - -

and here we have the mature gentlemen, calling everyone who doesn't agree with his opinion a naive kiddy.
    Someone not botting gets the same gear...why dont you take your own advice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Batting ALWAYS gives an advantage. A bot that fishes for you gives you the ability t get high level fish which might be valuable as an ingredient etc. That person has an advantage over the person who spends hours of their time leveling fishing or the person who doesn't want to spend that time and so doesn't get high level fishing.

Same for mining, etc.

Want something in the game. Play the fucking game. I'd permaban on the 2nd violation (I'd 6 month ban on the first).
    if someone bots to level 100, and someone plays to 100...they basically do the same fucking thing....Fishing yes..ban people fish botting...Basically the only level of botting I am personally okay with is leveling since it is tedious as fuck. They need to make the xp elixirs an alchemist elixir to get through that shit faster(and cheaper). There is no advantage to someone who strictly bots to 100 only as someone who levels..
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-05-02 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a stupid question really, yeah they should.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    are you mad because you dont know how economy works?

this is like saying why dont print my own money, are you mad because i know how to make easy money?. beyond dumb
    I would be making that gold regardless if I were botting or not botting. So no, it has no effect on the already shitty economy. I'm not spawning items into the world, it isn't a hack, it takes just as much time, it's simply doing what I would do, while I'm not there... everything a bot does players can do too... not sure how there's an advantage? And I know you're thinking it, "well what if someone bots 24/7? That's unfair because a human can't do that", and yes it is unfair, it's also not possible, Blizz checks these things, all botters know this, you can't bot 24/7 without expecting a near instant ban. It just doesn't work. They limit their playtime to be as real as possible, so 10-12 hours a day in most cases.
    Last edited by --Code--; 2016-05-02 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    if someone bots to level 100, and someone plays to 100...they basically do the same fucking thing..
    No, they don't. ONE of them actually does the things needed to level. The other, by definition, doesn't do that stuff the bot does. I don't have a warrior. If I want a 100 Warrior, I need to spend the time doing it. OR, I could run a bot overnight for awhile, not put in any personal time and get a 100 warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically the only level of botting I am personally okay with is leveling since it is tedious as fuck.
    Then don't play an MMORPG, leveling is part of the game, if you can't be bothered with a core part of the game and want to use a bot you don't belong.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaze41 View Post
    I would be making that gold regardless if I were botting or not botting. So no, it has no effect on the already shitty economy. I'm not spawning items into the world, it isn't a hack, it takes just as much time, it's simply doing what I would do, while I'm not there... everything a bot does players can do too... not sure how there's an advantage?
    Not necessarily. If the only way to make that money was to play yourself and you didn't want to, then that money would not be made and would not affect the economy.

Come on people, brains. Use them before typing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yeah right
    It's simple, if a part of the game is not fun you failed as a game designer. If it's not fun and you force people to play it to access other parts you create the demand for skipping the shitty part yourself. It's entirely a self-created problem by game-design.

Nobody bots in games like tetris because nobody there decided you need to push a button for hours before you can play tetris. mmos created the demand themself with their model of shitty content is okay as long as we put a carrot on a stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Then don't play an MMORPG, leveling is part of the game, if you can't be bothered with a core part of the game and want to use a bot you don't belong.
    Even when I've leveled over 50 characters and been doing the same quests for 10 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily. If the only way to make that money was to play yourself and you didn't want to, then that money would not be made and would not affect the economy.

Come on people, brains. Use them before typing.
    IF we lived in a world where bots didn't exist, sure. You said "IF".

No, they don't. ONE of them actually does the things needed to level. The other, by definition, doesn't do that stuff the bot does. I don't have a warrior. If I want a 100 Warrior, I need to spend the time doing it. OR, I could run a bot overnight for awhile, not put in any personal time and get a 100 warrior.
    A person whop pays $60 dollars get's that same advantage only difference is it's instantly level 100...yet you're not bitching about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    If blizzard themselves didn't offer a paid way to skip the same shit, you'd have a point....

Quote Originally Posted by Bouletos View Post
    Ban bot and remove fishing from the game.
    Nooooooooooooooo! I just leveled my shacks and prof on the 3 toons im maining for Legion!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    It's simple, if a part of the game is not fun you failed as a game designer.
    Yeah sure people cheat and bot even the tiniest aspects of any game but obviously that's all simply the fault of the game designers and has nothing to do with them being scum.
    ...yet you're not bitching about that.
    so any time you have an issue with something you also have to equally discuss all the over issues that might be somehow even remotely related yeah great argument
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-05-02 at 02:11 AM.

Someone not botting gets the same gear...why dont you take your own advice?
    gear =/= loot mats have value why don't you go get archimonde down?

7+ Year Old Account
    I like using my addons though so you cant consider addon usage bots/botting if thats where you going with things.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    A person whop pays $60 dollars get's that same advantage only difference is it's instantly level 100...yet you're not bitching about that.

- - - Updated - - -

If blizzard themselves didn't offer a paid way to skip the same shit, you'd have a point....
    Still gotta level the last levels yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaze41 View Post
    Even when I've leveled over 50 characters and been doing the same quests for 10 years?
    Your choice to have so many alts, I have 13 100's and yeah it got tedious but it was MY choice to make so many.

They should be invited to blizzard headquarters to have their testicles stomped on in person, and then banned for life.