Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    $4000 ? If he has a monthly revenue he can live normally with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    1) prenups, get on. I know, 20/20 hindsight but for celebrity types this should be an unofficial requirement.
    Or maybe this shouldn't happen in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Or maybe this shouldn't happen in the first place.
    by not being an alcoholic? fair enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I used to tell my soliders this.

"If you want to be happy in the army, obey these simple rules.

1. Don't date fellow soldiers, they are fucking you and 4 of your buddies, just because you put a ring on it doesn't mean they will stop.

2. Don't date the locals, they know your pay chart and the legal system better than you do

3. Don't date strippers, if should be self explainatory "
    Or for the sake of simplicity, tell them to get a vasectomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    While he probably needs to vet his women more carefully, alimony is a bunch of crap and lasts way longer than it needs to, and for way more money than is actually needed. Don't misdirect from the issue by blaming Hoff for other things

He brings in he says $112k a month, Only 21k or so goes to his wife, and he spends he says 66k a month.

He's worth what like 100 million?

Rich people like this are always magically going broke, yet aren't actually broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    While he probably needs to vet his women more carefully, alimony is a bunch of crap and lasts way longer than it needs to, and for way more money than is actually needed. Don't misdirect from the issue by blaming Hoff for other things
    I'll agree alimony is dumb, in this case rather egregious. but again either get a prenup, or don't fuck up your personal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I can understand child support when the amount makes sense, and to a lesser degree I can also understand alimony. Alimony is mostly designed to support the person who is a homemaker from keeping a certain standard of life style in the event the marriage evaporates. If your spouse is making a lot of money and assures you that you don't need to work under said arrangement and the marriage flops, it's understandable that it puts that person in an awkward position.

However, while I think alimony makes sense in practice, the time period of alimony is completely out of whack. I can actually get behind, and understand a couple years, with several years being the absolute max, but a decade is way to long. That woman should be seeking to better herself or make herself marketable with skills she could have acquired over that period of time. Marrying once to hit the jackpot to abuse a broken system is just retarded.
    It's not that much money... what is it 3 million or so if it's a little over 10 year? the dude was worth over 100 million. That's a very cheap divorce no?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree alimony is dumb, in this case rather egregious. but again either get a prenup, or don't fuck up your personal life.
    I for one will have a pre nup. No more free rides from me!

I for one will have a pre nup. No more free rides from me!
    But Crissi, I love you and I'd never clean you out!

Also for the people that are like "oh patriarchy! it's because he's a man" there's a woman who was the breadwinner who is paying alimony to a man who raped her.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's not that much money... what is it 3 million or so if it's a little over 10 year? the dude was worth over 100 million. That's a very cheap divorce no?
    She shouldn't really be getting a dime out of his money. That's like being fired and then your boss has to keep paying you unless you find a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Or for the sake of simplicity, tell them to get a vasectomy.
    Bad advice for a 19 year old I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    But Crissi, I love you and I'd never clean you out!
    You didn't even come to my graduation! Meanie!

Also that woman paying alimony to her rapist is also crap. Also Halle Berry is going through similar, except I think it's child support?

You didn't even come to my graduation! Meanie!

Also that woman paying alimony to her rapist is also crap. Also Halle Berry is going through similar, except I think it's child support?
    If it wouldn't have cost me ~$40-$50 in gas to get there and back...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    If it wouldn't have cost me ~$40-$50 in gas to get there and back...
    Neither one of you fuckheads came to my graduation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bad advice for a 19 year old I think.
    They're reversible if done right. And certainly much better than ruining that part of their life on a breeder. Better to have the experience without the consequences than to sacrifice the experience because of the consequences. /shrug

Deleted
    Gold diggers shouldn't exist in the first place.

But why a man would marry one with the power of the government involved is beyond me.

I sense a disturbance in the Force.

Neither one of you fuckheads came to my graduation.
    I am pretty sure that would have required a plane ticket and a bribe so the fucktard doctors at MEP could be overruled, I don't have that much cash!

Diagnosing me with an autoimmune disorder and thyroid problem by looking at my neck indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Gold diggers shouldn't exist in the first place.

But why a man would marry one with the power of the government involved is beyond me.

I sense a disturbance in the Force.
    as insightful as ever. you're a light for us all.