Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I am still in the camp that says neither Illidan nor Anduin is the Leader, but both are members in it, alongside others.

Think of it like the Justice League, if that makes it easier for you, with the main heroes as the leading members.

Potential members? Let's see...

Illidan
    Anduin
    Thrall (face it; we know he will)
    Jaina (if she didn't turn into a boss)
    Wrathion (lol)
    Oh god this is even worse. I can't even tell real suggestions from sarcasm. Gotta get a grip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh god this is even worse. I can't even tell real suggestions from sarcasm. Gotta get a grip.
    Don't be surprised if that's what they actually have in mind; a league that would join all the main characters together into one army. We are talking members of the caliber of Illidan, Thrall, Khadgar and you (the player, since you are now treated of that caliber.)

Actually I wouldn't mind it, but that wasn't a suggestion. Furthermore, DC is better than your Marvel goddammit.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm really trying to figure out her place. Same thought, if she is like a Void Lord, they take immense power to manifest in reality, then how did she get here unless she stole some dying Titan power? Or something or maybe fed on Azeroth to do so. Elune is an odd character all together in figuring out her? spot. Beyond being "god" in the traditional sense.
    Well as far as anyone knows, she's never physically manifested, at all. But she absolutely communicates, but without speaking. She's an odd one, definitely unique in the Warcraft universe.

No one is happy. Before it was fuck this, the ONE bullshit. Now a combo of all the most powerful characters to fight the most powerful bad guy is a bad plan. What exactly would everyone suggest being the best possible writing plan here?

It means also that the so called "army of light" is justa bunch of badass survivors. Nothing super holy about them. I honestly dont see Illidan going super sayan, just being one of the keys to his own goal: destroy the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Well as far as anyone knows, she's never physically manifested, at all. But she absolutely communicates, but without speaking. She's an odd one, definitely unique in the Warcraft universe.
    makes me wonder if Elune even has an opposite force. Or if the void lords are Elune's failed children. Could be fun.

Blizzard is showing how they cannot make a new story. This is exactly like Kerrigan, and that ending was disgusting.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    No one is happy. Before it was fuck this, the ONE bullshit. Now a combo of all the most powerful characters to fight the most powerful bad guy is a bad plan. What exactly would everyone suggest being the best possible writing plan here?
    I stand by my Justice League idea.

#hatersgonnahate

10+ Year Old Account
    So Elune made the Naaru, and Illidan is a the child of the light? I....can't even....

The overdramatic reading of everything KILLS this video. Caaaaaaalm down.

And then Blizzard stuns us all by having Illidan say fuck your redemption. What I do I do for myself. You are just tools to be used by me to save your pathetic existences. Now come, we have Void Lords to slaughter.

Deleted
    I dont understand why some people sound so arrogant when they talk about blizzard, specifically about the story THEY have created and THEY are still writing as well as before, new lore, new details, going to space ? Argus, Naa'ru, bringing back Illidan and new stories for him, I mean what do you expect ? When you say "7yo kid wrote that" it sounds so cocky, or maybe it's a way to get more views...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Don't be surprised if that's what they actually have in mind; a league that would join all the main characters together into one army. We are talking members of the caliber of Illidan, Thrall, Khadgar and you (the player, since you are now treated of that caliber.)

Actually I wouldn't mind it, but that wasn't a suggestion. Furthermore, DC is better than your Marvel goddammit.
    Well i think that both DC and Marvel are shit, and should by no means be any form of inspiration for a goddamn fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    And then Blizzard stuns us all by having Illidan say fuck your redemption. What I do I do for myself. You are just tools to be used by me to save your pathetic existences. Now come, we have Void Lords to slaughter.
    Not sure he is going to be walking outside of reality anytime soon. Void Lords created the Old Gods, not demons. Demons are a machination of Sargearas scouring the Great Dark destroying shit and finding them to be the best troops to run his legion (which is set out to destroy the void lords plans). I'm actually curious to know how much the in game world knows of Void Lords.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2016-05-22 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    The overdramatic reading of everything KILLS this video. Caaaaaaalm down.
    It was only dramatic because I had to read it fast lol. The text was flying by.

Well i think that both DC and Marvel are shit, and should by no means be any form of inspiration for a goddamn fantasy game.
    Lord of the Rings a better reference then? DC and Marvel didn't invent this concept and I'm pretty sure he was just using those as a reference point to a team up of the best of the best. Heck there is a nice 80s movie reference "The Best of the Best" bwhahaha 80s karate films!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorhan View Post
    When you say "7yo kid wrote that" it sounds so cocky, or maybe it's a way to get more views...
    Or it's incredibly cliched and stupid.

Deleted
    First Thrall now Illidan Blizzard loves ruining characters. I wont understand why we need a "champion of light" anyway. Make a new character lead the army of light or even if they use existing character it doesn't have to be "holy chosen one". Look at Khadgar he lead us against Iron Horde but he isn't some foretold chosen prophet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Lord of the Rings a better reference then? DC and Marvel didn't invent this concept and I'm pretty sure he was just using those as a reference point to a team up of the best of the best. Heck there is a nice 80s movie reference "The Best of the Best" bwhahaha 80s karate films!
    Perhaps its time to be original for once ?

Perhaps its time to be original for once ?
    These guys write video games. If they had super original writing material they'd be individual writers. They are also writing for a mass market and really can't afford too many risks vs a single writer writing a book or movie script. They've got to follow the what works mentality while still making it interesting. Even some of the best written RPGs are just reused classic tropes from various cultures mythos.

Blizz is a great company, but there is a reason Martin, Rothfuss, Moore, Sanderson, etc don't write for video games. I know some sophisticated readers play Blizz games and other games, but we have to temper our expectations a tad bit, when you are expected to keep millions of players interested. Taking a risk and failing hard isn't a good idea. WoD was bad enough, they couldn't afford that again. I still stand by the fact that tackling a multi-verse well is nearly fucking impossible and a waste of time and effort most of the time.