I wouldn't chastise anyone who wishes to reroll at this point, in fact now is the perfect time to do so. Every single class has been torn down and flipped in some way or another and it just may or may not be what you've enjoyed playing anymore and that's okay. For instance I currently main a fury/arms warrior for WoD and am making the switch to Enh shaman in legion as from what I've gathered so far it embraces many mechanically similar ideas from fury but with far less rng draw back and is something I would really enjoy. For example fury's WoD meat cleaver allows you to whirlwind and then duplicate raging blows dmg onto all enemies, this is being removed from legion fury BUT Enh has crackling lightning which allows lava lash to duplicate onto all enemies, pretty much the same thing and something I enjoyed from the fury warrior that I've found in a new class/spec.

I previously played a resto druid and really enjoyed being able to fill any roll but at the same time disliked how big of a change it was when I would switch as each spec is modeled on different classes mechanics, e.g cat to rogue, bear to warrior etc. What I'm trying to say is that right now is the perfect time to go out and look at what each class and spec brings to legion, you might find things you really enjoy are now all bundled into a single class as I have.

With such massive changes to all classes you can't really fault anyone for refining what they wish to play.

now if only shamans got bladestorm.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2016-05-23 at 06:15 AM.

All the YouTube reviews I've seen say its very similar to live but with quality of life improvements, which includes easier target switching. If that is indeed the case why is there so much negativity in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    All the YouTube reviews I've seen say its very similar to live but with quality of life improvements, which includes easier target switching. If that is indeed the case why is there so much negativity in here?
    There has been some quality of life improvements like the removal of shock CDs, but look at the talents and artifact traits. Even with the QoL improvements Elemental is worse than it is on live.

Blizzard has changed elemental to fit the fantasy of the spec and in doing so has ruined the gameplay.

Everything that's wrong with elemental has been said in this thread dozens of times so I'm not going to repeat it. But check out binkenstein's blog, he linked it on page 50 of this thread. He's done a huge amount for the elemental community so his concerns are not something to take lightly.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Here we go..with yall already forming your opionions on you are going to be invited. To raids..my main is going to be an elemental shaman thank god I have a guild to run with...ya

Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    Here we go..with yall already forming your opionions on you are going to be invited. To raids..my main is going to be an elemental shaman thank god I have a guild to run with...ya
    Pretty sure most of us also have guilds to run with, but we don't want to play a broken class and be a burden on the rest of the raid group because of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougy View Post
    Pretty sure most of us also have guilds to run with, but we don't want to play a broken class and be a burden on the rest of the raid group because of it.
    Exactly, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'll quote any random Blood elf:

Remember the Sunwell.
    One patch/tier out in nearly 12 years...meanwhile ele is garbage minimum 1 raid tier per xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    Any background info on yourself? I've been looking for an in depth analysis of ranged dps from a respectable top raider. I remember in early/Beta WoD someone from Method did a quick rundown of almost every spec and how he/she felt they could perform on the highest level. I remember that being an almost spot on analysis. I personally don't have much knowledge about half the classes in this game so I'm less than qualified.

Not to be an asshole but, unless your a top 50 World raider, I won't be able to take your ratings seriously at all. I'm not one myself for the record.
    I understand, this guy seemed to pretty knowledgeable and was topping the dps charts in beta logs, take that as you will. since i cant post links copy the part below and put it after youtube . com / thats where i got the info from, read the comments and description he links his last ele log too.
    watch?v=d_ruroQ_bRQ

I am a casual raider with 95 parses. I didnt know about ele condition until I started play wod. HFC really pissed me off especially if you are in a progression guild. I just didnt want to play it. Main reason I was following this thread so I dont make the same mistake again. Switching to warlock, thats where I got rival in pvp wod. I tried ele but no one wanted to play with me because the class sucks. I hit 2k in rbgs playing casually as ele in mop. I could have pushed further in rbgs and arena but man this class really took a nosedive.
    Last edited by elcapone; 2016-05-23 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    One patch/tier out in nearly 12 years...meanwhile ele is garbage minimum 1 raid tier per xpac.
    Stupid rhetorical statements deserve similiar answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Stupid rhetorical statements deserve similiar answers.
    If anything, you've succeeded in making the person you quoted look even smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    I didnt know about ele condition until I started play wod.
    Same here. Some parts of the wow community seem to think Ele is a really great spec. Look the the Hunter forums right now. In their Class Alternative forum (lots of doomsayers in that class forum too):

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Elemental Shaman look pretty interesting in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroaster09 View Post
    Ele Shaman feels and plays more like a hunter than hunter does. It has more utility, better class identity, stronger spec diversity, and is more fun to play. Currently all three of my hunters are looking to reroll Ele.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    How is ele shaman mobility?
    Pretty good, they got a Jump, a Raidwide Movementspeed CD and the Ghostwolf.
    I Honestly think Preach's Elemental Shaman video did more harm than good. He hyped the Spec up quite a bit and now casuals will reroll only to see how Bliz treats Elemental. I'm now convinced Elemental will be balanced back to lower middle of the pack with a continued niche of sustained AOE. Sure we have a few QoL improvements, but I'm convinced the numbers tuning will gut us once again.
    Last edited by Prankish; 2016-05-23 at 04:41 PM.

Same here. Some parts of the wow community seem to think Ele is a really great spec. Look the the Hunter forums right now. In their Class Alternative forum (lots of doomsayers in that class forum too):
    duh? you mean marksman won't continue to be a 5 button domination spec in legion? with everything being instant and mobile and fucking faceroll, oh no poor hunters you're not keeping your godmode status, what a surprise.

Deleted
    Who is Preach and what videos did he make? Why you need to hype a class if you get to play it yourselves on alpha/beta and experience how shit it is with your own hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    duh? you mean marksman won't continue to be a 5 button domination spec in legion? with everything being instant and mobile and fucking faceroll, oh no poor hunters you're not keeping your godmode status, what a surprise.
    Hold on, are you trying to say the guy rerolling into 3 Elemental Shamans shouldn't be taken seriously? You're crazy man.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Who is Preach and what videos did he make? Why you need to hype a class if you get to play it yourselves on alpha/beta and experience how shit it is with your own hands?
    Preach is an Old school 40 man hardcore raider who became popular because of his youtube videos. He doesn't raid at the top anymore but people seem to look to his videos for advice. Heres the vid in question:

Ele Shamz is awesum bruh

Also, a lot of people dont have alpha and beta. With the incredibly low about of Ele Shams in higher end mythic guilds it meant very few of them got an alpha invite too. The ones who did hadn't really made too much constructive content regarding them so people look to Preach because it's all thats out on youtube.
    Last edited by Prankish; 2016-05-23 at 05:04 PM.

Also, a lot of people dont have alpha and beta. With the incredibly low about of Ele Shams in higher end mythic guilds it meant very few of them got an alpha invite too. The ones who did hadn't really made too much constructive content regarding them so people look to Preach because it's all thats out on youtube.
    i got alpha as ele shaman, can't be bothered, "LAVA BURST IS OP SO WE'RE NERFING IT HERP A DERP" 2 weeks later lvb buffed 33% in wod, another 10%, another 4% and it's still so bad ascendance is barely a dps gain.

yeh celestalon can suck a dick, and ruin the game, if he ignores the playerbase i'm not testing his shitty game, he can continue thinking he's right and kill the game, or at least turn the game into, lets play mage/rogue/hunter/warlock + plus tanks and healers simulator.

edit; i know he's just the guy who communicates or used to, but fuck every person involved in ele shaman design & balancing to be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    If anything, you've succeeded in making the person you quoted look even smarter.
    Pointless arguments make you look smart, true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you worrying about the exp. after Legion?? Damn dude worry about Legion and in 2-3 years start a new "Astral shift" discussion.

Ele will be fine dps wise, lmao I dunno why you guys are crying so much about dps.

The only thing you need to cry about is the clunky gameplay.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Ele will be fine dps wise, lmao I dunno why you guys are crying so much about dps.

This sort of post looks awfully familiar...oh, that's right. We see/hear this every xpac beta.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

"Will be fine".... Why thank you mr. Prophet!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann