Is anyone aware of a singular addon or even a group of addons that basically for 100% completionists by zone, but only includes things *currently* in game (a lot of quest addons include old quests you can no longer get/complete)? IE a list of all quests, pets, treasures, rares, items, achievement tie-ins, etc. that can function list a checklist of sorts or even provide map overlays of things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    Is anyone aware of a singular addon or even a group of addons that basically for 100% completionists by zone, but only includes things *currently* in game (a lot of quest addons include old quests you can no longer get/complete)? IE a list of all quests, pets, treasures, rares, items, achievement tie-ins, etc. that can function list a checklist of sorts or even provide map overlays of things?
    That sounds exactly like Handy Notes.

The base functionality, yes, but I'm not aware of any plugins or combination of plugins that meets all the criteria. There are modules for treasures/rares and a new module currently under development for achievements, but in terms of quests, pets, toys/items, achievement tie-ins, etc. it lacks. Also not just looking for MoP/WoD/Legion content, which most of the more in depth modules are tailored to. I'm referring to a lot of the old world zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Well off the top of my head I know some of those addons rely on you inputting data. Like there's everyquest which will track literally every quest in the game, but not sure how often it's updated, however old world content should still be up to date.

Deleted
    Would be awesome if someone could help me out here...
    I really would like to know what addon / script is displaying the true value of the rogues / targets hp value in the centre of the default player / target frame respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    So...basically you want to messure the time between your casts? It starts a counter whenever you click an ability and counts upwards until you click another one and resets? Did I get it right? Thats possible.
    Sorry, I'm probably not explaining, the jumbled mess of my thoughts, correctly.

I made a WA to print the GCD of each ability and show the icon of it. I cast Moonkin Form, the icon appears and the gcd that occurred is printed (shapeshift gcd 1.500sec). I cast Barkskin, the icon changes to Barkskin and the text refreshes to 1.001sec (whatever my normal gcd is). I cast Flap, the icon changes and again the text refreshes to the new gcd that occurred (0.5sec here).

The icon is permanent until refreshed by a new one -> Perfect

The issue:
    The GCD text only lasts for the duration of the occurred gcd -> I want it permanent until refreshed, just like the icon.

- - - Updated - - -

The base functionality, yes, but I'm not aware of any plugins or combination of plugins that meets all the criteria. There are modules for treasures/rares and a new module currently under development for achievements, but in terms of quests, pets, toys/items, achievement tie-ins, etc. it lacks. Also not just looking for MoP/WoD/Legion content, which most of the more in depth modules are tailored to. I'm referring to a lot of the old world zones.
    Would Loremaster be something you are interested in?

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/loremasteraddon/
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/grail/

You need both addons. I've linked the development sites for latest versions.

Quote Originally Posted by deusDEX View Post
    Would be awesome if someone could help me out here...
    I really would like to know what addon / script is displaying the true value of the rogues / targets hp value in the centre of the default player / target frame respectively.

That looks like CT_UnitFrames. I have used the whole suite of CT_Mod for years and highly recommend it if you're looking for a simple default UI enhancer. Just click the author's name to find the other CT parts.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Thank's a lot - pretty sure you are right.. so thanks!
    Any idea what the font could possibly be?

Wholly and Grail will mark on your map available quests in a given zone.
    Though it doesn't always take into account pre-requisites, so will display a lot of irrelevant quests in the garrison for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This might be a dumb Lua question, but I can't find any clarification. In a table with both indexed keys and named keys, the named keys have no index number, correct?

For example:
    Code:
    mixed={
        [1]=true,
        [2]=true,
        [26]=true,
        foo=true,
        bar=true,
    }

The first three entries can be accessed using mixed[index] as long as index is 1, 2, or 26, but if index=3 or index=4, would mixed[index] be nil or true?

Edit: I posted this question at work. I tested the scenario and discovered named keys do not respond to an index number. I still feel like this was obvious, but I never dealt with a mixed table that will be queried by both numbers and names nor have I tried to use indexes on a full named array. Hopefully someone dry-coding in the future will stumble across this. The reply below was well before this edit.

Quote Originally Posted by deusDEX View Post
    Thank's a lot - pretty sure you are right.. so thanks!
    Any idea what the font could possibly be?
    It looks like a standard serif font such as Times New Roman.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-06-01 at 10:04 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Is there an up to date addon that can measure addon load times? They only ones I found are severely outdated and don't work. Any other method besides addons?

Can you give an example of one of those out of date addons?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Can you give an example of one of those out of date addons?
    For example:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...39-Warmup.html

So warmup is still actually maintained, took some searching though.

here you go: https://github.com/Phanx/Warmup

You'll either have to download it as a zip or use something like tortoisegit to copy it.

So warmup is still actually maintained, took some searching though.

here you go: https://github.com/Phanx/Warmup

You'll either have to download it as a zip or use something like tortoisegit to copy it.
    Awesome! It works! I didn't get the exciting results I was expecting (like this addon takes 10sec to load), but it works :P

I get slow loading times, 20-30sec, while on Beta with almost no addons I get 3-5sec reloads. So I wanted to check which addons take the longest. It's probably a cumulative effect, not specific addons.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Awesome! It works! I didn't get the exciting results I was expecting (like this addon takes 10sec to load), but it works :P

I get slow loading times, 20-30sec, while on Beta with almost no addons I get 3-5sec reloads. So I wanted to check which addons take the longest. It's probably a cumulative effect, not specific addons.

Thanks!
    Glad I can help!

I think I can shed some light onto why beta is faster than live. There's a lot less stress on the servers on beta than there is on live. Not to mention you probably aren't running a bunch of background addons and you're loading into places that don't have a lot of people in them. Even in dalaran the most I've seen in load times is 5 seconds, out in the open world it's usually 2-3 seconds. On live it's anywhere from 10-15 seconds for a reload in a raid instance, and 25-30 anywhere else, even with 0 addons.

Addons haven't made a difference for me on beta.

Glad I can help!

I think I can shed some light onto why beta is faster than live. There's a lot less stress on the servers on beta than there is on live. Not to mention you probably aren't running a bunch of background addons and you're loading into places that don't have a lot of people in them. Even in dalaran the most I've seen in load times is 5 seconds, out in the open world it's usually 2-3 seconds. On live it's anywhere from 10-15 seconds for a reload in a raid instance, and 25-30 anywhere else, even with 0 addons.

Addons haven't made a difference for me on beta.
    I guess you are right. Could also be the under-the-hood changes that they made, possibly making the game more resource efficient. Or it could be a placebo effect :P

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I guess you are right. Could also be the under-the-hood changes that they made, possibly making the game more resource efficient. Or it could be a placebo effect :P
    One thing I did notice upon recently installing ElvUI, my load times have increased basically to where they are on live. Before I was running with duffedUI and noticed no impact, so not sure where the difference is.

This might be a stupid question and might have a very "obvious" answer.. Have you seen the new "unitframe" in legion beta? The one in the centre.. Is there an addon for WoD atm that does the exact same or looks the exact same as this?

I don't feel the need for a big UI in Legion after seeing those! I might just hide all my bars, and make em show when i enter combat, etc.. and i want to try and make an ui around these "unitframes"

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    This might be a stupid question and might have a very "obvious" answer.. Have you seen the new "unitframe" in legion beta? The one in the centre.. Is there an addon for WoD atm that does the exact same or looks the exact same as this?

I don't feel the need for a big UI in Legion after seeing those! I might just hide all my bars, and make em show when i enter combat, etc.. and i want to try and make an ui around these "unitframes"
    WeakAuras for HP and Resource bars. And small icons with timers for your important buffs/debuffs.