Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Finally got Dormus' camel mount today, and got it for 2 other peeps using Serrodan's method (It's on youtube, if anyone's interested). I won't be going back to Uldum for a long while, except later today for the vendor mounts.
    Grats! I did the same as you when I got it a couple of months ago. Sadly none of my friends were online but I did at least manage to make a couple of complete strangers pretty happy

It took me 37 camels to get the right one. I think that's still my worst mount grind yet, but am doing skyshards now and I have to say, it's giving the camel some good competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    If it's a raid group you get no credit, the trick is to tap the rare to pull you in combat, then leave the group. Due to being in combat you won't phase off the realm until you leave combat, so once it dies you get the credit.

Same as above, tap then leave if it's a raid
    D'oh. Thanks for the (very obvious!) tip I really need to do these if I want any chance of the Pearltusk before Legion...

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    Grats! I did the same as you when I got it a couple of months ago. Sadly none of my friends were online but I did at least manage to make a couple of complete strangers pretty happy

It took me 37 camels to get the right one. I think that's still my worst mount grind yet, but am doing skyshards now and I have to say, it's giving the camel some good competition.
    I ended up buying Alani's mount about a year ago off of the BMAH for something like 110,000g. The idea of trying to get to 9 more skyshards probably put me off trying to actually grind it.
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2016-06-02 at 05:26 PM.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. That shit goes for pennies. I didn't even know Alani's was on the BMAH, but I got mine for 20k or 25k maybe 12-16 month ago, and have seen it advertised just as cheap nowadays too. I am on a high pop eu realm though, I imagine it not being as cheap on low pop/oceanic realms.

Forgot to take a screenshoot, mainly due to multiboxing trying to find the portal. Ah well, time to go to Deepholm! =)

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    I ended up buying Alani's mount aout a year ago off of the BMAH for something like 110,000g. The idea of trying to get to 9 more skyshards probably put me off trying to actually grind it.
    Heh, like Rixis I didn't even know it was on the BMAH otherwise I might have done likewise (though knowing my server, it would go for goldcap now and I wouldn't consider it worth that).

I have 6 skyshards now from about 4k kills total which actually sounds quite reasonable if Wowhead comments are any judge. I have quite an obsessive personality so I often willingly sign myself up for these things and possibly end up regretting it later. I got the first skyshard after I think less than 150 kills so got suckered in with the 'oh this isn't so bad', lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    Heh, like Rixis I didn't even know it was on the BMAH otherwise I might have done likewise (though knowing my server, it would go for goldcap now and I wouldn't consider it worth that).

I have 6 skyshards now from about 4k kills total which actually sounds quite reasonable if Wowhead comments are any judge. I have quite an obsessive personality so I often willingly sign myself up for these things and possibly end up regretting it later. I got the first skyshard after I think less than 150 kills so got suckered in with the 'oh this isn't so bad', lol
    I posted in this thread a couple days ago about having finally completed the Skyshard grind back in April, similar to you I already had 4 Skyshards sitting in the bank from a couple years ago! Thanks to Rarity I have screenshots of getting each of the 6 Skyshards I needed so I know how many attempts it took to get each one and where I got them, so I hope this proves of help to you:
    Skyshard #5 took 1109 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Skyshard #6 took 99 attempts, Shao-Tien Sorcerer @ near the cave above Gao-Lai Halls
    Skyshard #7 took 466 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Skyshard #8 took 4108 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Skyshard #9 took 364 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Skyshard #10 took 904 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Total of 7050 attempts spread over several days using 4 toons, each on a different server, I always started at around 2-3am to reduce competition. Even so, I found the areas around Gao-Lao Halls, Ruins of Gao-Lai and Winterbough Glade were constantly being farmed by at least one other player, so I focused on the Tu Shen Burial Ground area and rarely had any competiton. One other suggestion is that once you have your 10 Skyshards go looking for Alani before you combine them into a Sky Crystal, especially if you have alts on other servers! If Alani isn't up on one server you may be able to find her on another server, then you can mail your 10 Skyshards across, but the Sky Crystal is BoP so you can't mail that! That was the mistake I made, combined my 10 Skyshards into a Sky Crystal and then went looking for Alani, only to find she wasn't anywhere to be found! Fortunately I was only about 20 minutes away from server restarts, after which I found Alani straight away, so only had to wait about 30 minutes to finally add the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent to my collection!
    Last edited by Grizzly UK; 2016-06-06 at 09:30 PM.
    Playing WoW since July 2005!
    MMO's I'm playing/played: WoW; SWTOR; FFXIV; ESO; GW; GW2; LotRO; STO; Neverwinter; DDO; Riders of Icarus; Rift; Rift Prime; AoC; Aion; Tera; EQ; EQ2; SWG; Vanguard; Matrix Online; PWI; Fallen Earth; Lineage 2; ArchLord; RF Online

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    Wow congratulations. Must feel like a huge relief to finally tick one of those off, I am still waiting for my day Did you get it with the bonus roll or regular drop?
    Cheers. I managed to get it via Bonus Roll. The previous day I farmed 10+ on all 17 toons, so I'm pretty happy, the runes will last so much longer now!

I can't believe what just happened. Madness.
    I've started to farm the two turtles a few weeks ago in my garrison. I got quite lucky with the Riding Turtle:

But since I don't have the Sea Turtle either, I decided to keep farming the minnows. A lot of times I put up a group in the group finder to farm with someone who has the Sea Turtle but doesn't have the Riding Turtle (managed to fish up a Riding Turtle for a guy with whom I've farmed for like 8 hours, it was his 400ish Cavedweller). Since Rarity doesn't count Cavedwellers for the Sea Turtle, I kept a paper on my table with my kill count until kill 450ish, then I managed to loose the paper somehow, but the numbers were so depressing anyway, I stopped counting. I defininetly killed more than 600, and I got every rare item from the loot table (pet, multiple canes and other stuff), plus 150+ of Nat's lucky coins (I still need about 60 lunkers for rep).
    I really started to loose hope so I got some fishing nets for my shipyard, and today (!) I set up another shipyard just for the turtle.
    Today I managed to ding lvl 100 on hunter no 2, which I leveled in survival spec but since I started farming Ji-kun on 6 toons this week and BM seemed really easy with a spirit beast, I thought I'd get a BM offspec on this hunter and get Arcturis for her. After 3 hours of realm-hopping I managed to tame the beautiful bear, but I saw there was 2 fish-pools near so I thought "what the heck" and fished before I returned to my garrison and went to sleep (it's past 2 am here). And this happened:

I can't believe this, I'm over the moon! I have no clue how I'm gonna sleep now, I'm so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirameki View Post
    I can't believe what just happened. Madness.
    I've started to farm the two turtles a few weeks ago in my garrison. I got quite lucky with the Riding Turtle:

But since I don't have the Sea Turtle either, I decided to keep farming the minnows. A lot of times I put up a group in the group finder to farm with someone who has the Sea Turtle but doesn't have the Riding Turtle (managed to fish up a Riding Turtle for a guy with whom I've farmed for like 8 hours, it was his 400ish Cavedweller). Since Rarity doesn't count Cavedwellers for the Sea Turtle, I kept a paper on my table with my kill count until kill 450ish, then I managed to loose the paper somehow, but the numbers were so depressing anyway, I stopped counting. I defininetly killed more than 600, and I got every rare item from the loot table (pet, multiple canes and other stuff), plus 150+ of Nat's lucky coins (I still need about 60 lunkers for rep).
    I really started to loose hope so I got some fishing nets for my shipyard, and today (!) I set up another shipyard just for the turtle.
    Today I managed to ding lvl 100 on hunter no 2, which I leveled in survival spec but since I started farming Ji-kun on 6 toons this week and BM seemed really easy with a spirit beast, I thought I'd get a BM offspec on this hunter and get Arcturis for her. After 3 hours of realm-hopping I managed to tame the beautiful bear, but I saw there was 2 fish-pools near so I thought "what the heck" and fished before I returned to my garrison and went to sleep (it's past 2 am here). And this happened:

I can't believe this, I'm over the moon! I have no clue how I'm gonna sleep now, I'm so excited!
    Damn, that's crazy but what a story. Huge grats, and reading those drops I might need to get in on these fishing groups I sometimes see, I need the riding turtle still and I need 95 Nat's Coins to buy the red water strider, been doing that stuff real slowly when there's absolutely nothing else going on.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    World bosses are definitely the most brutal grinds in the game. Some people might think I am crazy but I am throwing 380 lowbies at Nalak every week over 8 accounts and have 32 chances on my main toons, so well over 400 per week. I am at over 2.6k chances now and nothing.

...maybe next week? lol
    Better throw 1M at Madam Goya
    That's what I did after getting tired of farming Nalak on 100 characters for a couple of months.

I just got a new PC about a month ago, so rarity is WAY off on attempts.

No screenshot but I got my 4th Invasion mount, the Pearltusk. I picked up 3 extra wolves + 1 piggy. Over 300 attempts. Glad to be done. No more camping LF premades and getting knocked back all day.

All these Ashes of Alar screenshots makes me jealous. Rarity shows me I have had 172 attempts so far and not a single Alar FeelsBadMan.

Sadly I never screenshot it, but I got the mount off Raggy 2x in a row when farming the gear for gold.

So. Many. Mogu.

It took a grand total of 8,320 attempts over several evenings to get all 10 shards. I think overall I was pretty lucky: the biggest number of attempts between shards was 2,190 (ofc this was for shard 10, lol) - mostly I seemed to get one every 600 or so kills. Very glad to see the back of this grind nevertheless, and I still don't understand how it's sold for so little!

#218, with DS and Ulduar still to do this week (plus timewalking... heh, who I am kidding :P )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly UK View Post
    I posted in this thread a couple days ago about having finally completed the Skyshard grind back in April, similar to you I already had 4 Skyshards sitting in the bank from a couple years ago! Thanks to Rarity I have screenshots of getting each of the 6 Skyshards I needed so I know how many attempts it took to get each one and where I got them, so I hope this proves of help to you:
    Skyshard #5 took 1109 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Skyshard #6 took 99 attempts, Shao-Tien Sorcerer @ near the cave above Gao-Lai Halls
    Skyshard #7 took 466 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Skyshard #8 took 4108 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Skyshard #9 took 364 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Skyshard #10 took 904 attempts, Ancient Mogu Spirit @ Tu Shen Burial Ground
    Total of 7050 attempts spread over several days using 4 toons, each on a different server, I always started at around 2-3am to reduce competition. Even so, I found the areas around Gao-Lao Halls, Ruins of Gao-Lai and Winterbough Glade were constantly being farmed by at least one other player, so I focused on the Tu Shen Burial Ground area and rarely had any competiton. One other suggestion is that once you have your 10 Skyshards go looking for Alani before you combine them into a Sky Crystal, especially if you have alts on other servers! If Alani isn't up on one server you may be able to find her on another server, then you can mail your 10 Skyshards across, but the Sky Crystal is BoP so you can't mail that! That was the mistake I made, combined my 10 Skyshards into a Sky Crystal and then went looking for Alani, only to find she wasn't anywhere to be found! Fortunately I as only about 20 minutes away from server restarts, after which I found Alani straight away, so only had to wait about 30 minutes to finally add the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent to my collection!
    Thanks for the input I actually stuck to farming Guo-Lai, mostly because the farming/botting didn't seem to be too bad, especially at unsociable hours, and it was very handy to be able to use up the keys every now and then.

I had a pretty terrifying experience with the kill itself - like you, she wasn't up on my realm, so I got my boyfriend to invite me with his low-pop server farming alt. Tracked her down, used the crystal and killed her... only to find I couldn't loot the corpse because I'd DC/ed at that very moment. Queue a couple of panicked minutes frantically waiting for the router to restart... I was fairly sure I'd get the mount in the post if the corpse despawned before I got back online, but didn't really want to take the chance! Happily the corpse was still there and still sparkling

Camped for maybe a week in total during cata...decided to try again last night and got lucky after 20 mins of hopping
    Also managed to grab the vitreous drake from stonecore so im officially done with deepholm

Deleted
    Feelsbadman This is what happens I guess when you host a fishing group. Ohwell, first one I've seen in 366 minnows so not too bad...heh..Fucking 98

I can honestly say that I was surprised when -this- mount dropped for me. I was sending a freshly boosted Paladin through ICC 25 and some older content to try and grab some things for transmogrification. Needless to say, I was very happy to get this at the end.

Last edited by BigBen1980; 2016-06-05 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exephia View Post
    Feelsbadman This is what happens I guess when you host a fishing group. Ohwell, first one I've seen in 366 minnows so not too bad...heh..Fucking 98

I'm over 500 without seeing it, only saw the sea turtle once during that time.

So after I got Voidtalon I decided to start farming Aoenaxx on my second and third accounts. Got this baby tonight after a few days of farming. Forgot to take a screenshot again as I was racing another person.

Now its time to find good Tcg deals, easier said that done on EU realms.
    Last edited by Englaas; 2016-06-05 at 11:33 PM.