15+ Year Old Account
    How is it expecting someone to know the basics of their rotation 'excepting them to be pro at their class'????

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    How is it expecting someone to know the basics of their rotation 'excepting them to be pro at their class'????
    Because "Muh game I'll play how I want". Can sod right off when you are being a detriment to the group. Also this. I'm not expecting a well geared player to burst out 10 million dps or anything. Just to know what their big skills are. If you have been geared 220-230 at 60 for ages then you should know.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-19 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Little rant here. Dear Black Mages who are 60 and geared and don't use enochian and your 4th grade spells and spam 3rd and 1st grade ones. You make me embarrassed to play a black mage. I don't give a fuck if its your account you are playing with other people in endgame content play your damn class properly! End of rant.
    Wait until you get one that does nothing but spam Ice III single target. UGH. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wait until you get one that does nothing but spam Ice III single target. UGH. >.<
    I saw one in Arboretum once. I wanted to scratch my eyes out. Fucker was even aoeing with Freeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    If you consider A5S savage raiding we better drop it :P Especially since you expect people who they might as well be raiding savage for the first time to be pros at their class. I have raided during 3.2 also, you know what I did? I found a static, I didn't hop around party finder 'farm'-wannabe groups and then vent off my rage on mmo-champ about that random Black mage I encountered who didn't know his/her rotation on the easiest savage boss of the Midas bosses.
    Savage raiding is NOT the place where you start to learn your basic class skills and rotations.
    We have a normal mode raid for that.

It's perfectly understandable for people to be upset if you go into savage/extreme modes w/o knowing what you are doing at all.
    The general outcome should be that the non performer gets vote kicked.

Savage raiding is NOT the place where you start to learn your basic class skills and rotations.

It's perfectly understandable for people to be upset if you go into savage/extreme modes w/o knowing what you are doing at all.
    It was a training party. Didn't mind people being iffy on the tactics whatsoever. I did type in the PF "know your class"

<Inserts 'You don't say' gif here>
    But A5S is just as accessible as alexander normal, and when you can't handle having one damn Black Mage lying to you about their skill and going around raging in forums telling so many other Black Mages to play their class better as if all of them suck then you've got some serious issues (talking about the dude you are siding with).
    It's cool to be upset about it, it's not cool calling out to every other Black Mage telling them to L2P - in short, generalising like an idiot just for an unfortunate event.
    I've seen worse than what he describes, I've seen people doing shit and dying on every phase on Bismarck EX, a piss easy EX I can even one shot on Duty finder most of the time, but well, that's the type of players you would expect when the only restriction to enter Bismarck EX or A5S is to clear their normal difficulties respectively. Yet I didn't come out here, raging and telling every Dragoon or Ninja to learn how to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    when you can't handle having one damn Black Mage lying to you about their skill and going around raging in forums telling so many other Black Mages to play their class better as if all of them suck then you've got some serious issues (talking about the dude you are siding with).
    I agree that the venting, while understandable (I often wonder just how bad people can be in this game), is a bit misplaced.
    Elecc should have kicked the gimp, recruited another one and moved on.

I fail to see how that little rant was a generalization for all BLM players to L2P when there were specifics pointed out, like not using half your new spells from HW and/or only using Blizzard spells. Ice Mage silliness works fine for fate farming, but not in savage raiding. Hell it annoys me any time I see it.

Deleted
    I am interested if there is or was any debate about a change of how ability rotations work. I am quiet bored by the current system - it's like "push 1+2+3, q+w+e, a+s+d+f, alt+1, alt+2, a+s+d and repeat. You can play this game with one finger and just have to react on interrupt. In WoW most of this could fit in 2-4 cast-sequence macros which WoW as system god rid of after time by focusing on reactionary abilities, RNG and depth. Is such a debate a thing in ff14 or not? Have to say the content in FF14 is very superior over most other mmorpgs I have ever played but the game-play turns me off a little.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I saw one in Arboretum once. I wanted to scratch my eyes out. Fucker was even aoeing with Freeze.
    Funny enough, that might've been me. But, I only do that when I'm in Umbral Ice, regenerating mana to move back in to Astral Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    I am interested if there is or was any debate about a change of how ability rotations work. I am quiet bored by the current system - it's like "push 1+2+3, q+w+e, a+s+d+f, alt+1, alt+2, a+s+d and repeat. You can play this game with one finger and just have to react on interrupt. In WoW most of this could fit in 2-4 cast-sequence macros which WoW as system god rid of after time by focusing on reactionary abilities, RNG and depth. Is such a debate a thing in ff14 or not? Have to say the content in FF14 is very superior over most other mmorpgs I have ever played but the game-play turns me off a little.
    No clue but BLM changes when you have to move. And bosses WILL make you move. Once you have to move you essentially work with a priority system like many classes in WoW.
    Not much in the way of RNG procs here, though.

Usually I play heals and tanks, so naturally there ain't much RNG there either. I dislike playing DPS in FF. My BLM is mostly for being flexible when in guild groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    by focusing on reactionary abilities, RNG and depth..
    I'm so glad this isn't a major thing in FF14. Its one of the things that annoyed me the most when I still raided in WoW. You could be the same skill level as another player of the same class but have different results because the RNG gods favored him and not you so you barely got any Nightfall procs or whatever else.

Of course the numbers you dish out and the amount of fun you have playing a certain class aren't necessarily connected but still fuck that RNG based system.

Rant over. The closest thing you'll find to that is probably Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'm so glad this isn't a major thing in FF14. Its one of the things that annoyed me the most when I still raided in WoW. You could be the same skill level as another player of the same class but have different results because the RNG gods favored him and not you so you barely got any Nightfall procs or whatever else.
    This is an exaggeration. Proc chances are often high enough so you'll eventually get them anyway and it evens out in the end. You'd have to be the unluckiest person on the planet to get constantly screwed by RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is an exaggeration. Proc chances are often high enough so you'll eventually get them anyway and it evens out in the end. You'd have to be the unluckiest person on the planet to get constantly screwed by RNG.
    Not constantly of course.

But there are some pulls where RNG just sends your numbers into the "crapper" and there's nothing you can do about it.

"Crapper" being a relative term here. RNG doesn't have a huge impact unless you were a fire mage and RNGness was kinda the signature of that spec.

I never said constantly but the few times it happens is incredibly annoying and just not fun. Some specs were less prone to it while some more such as Fire Mages and Retribution Paladins. It can happen. On top of also numbers which I agree was never a huge difference other than a few specs it also ruined the fun factor at times. This is even more of a thing in Legion.

In my opinion the best they've done in terms of balance of fun was Windwalker Monk in Mists and Demonology Warlock in WoD. They were fun engaging specs that weren't based around RNG and more so about knowing when to you use the proper skills. Everything you did directly correlated to your personal DPS.

To each their own though.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-06-19 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I never said constantly but the few times it happens is incredibly annoying and just not fun. Some specs were less prone to it while some more such as Fire Mages and Retribution Paladins. It can happen. On top of also numbers which I agree was never a huge difference other than a few specs it also ruined the fun factor at times. This is even more of a thing in Legion.
    I don't see how that's the case. They removed a lot of procs in Legion. Ret for example has only one and it's a talent, whereas in WoD it's swimming in procs.

Personally I like a bit of RNG over a static rotation. In a game like FFXIV they try to "hide" the fact that the combat isn't particularly interesting by just having a shitton of buttons to press.

And that's okay but I personally don't enjoy that system a lot. I enjoy were everything I do directly impacts my DPS which is why I love playing a Windwalker Monk and my Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like a bit of RNG over a static rotation. In a game like FFXIV they try to "hide" the fact that the combat isn't particularly interesting by just having a shitton of buttons to press.
    RNG or no RNG. Both methods are utterly boring in isolated form.

It's not exactly hard to press 3 instead of 2 when your weak aura pops up because you got a proc. Oftentimes proc durations are too short or their frequency too high that proc banking makes a lot of sense, because you lose DPS if you happen to waste one.

It's only during actual encounters that constantly interrupt your casting that stuff gets interesting.
    A proc based rotation is actually easier to play and recover from (esp since most procs happen to be instant casts in both WoW and FF) compared to a static rotation that gets screwed up the moment you have to move, leaving you to figure out what you had to let go and where to pick up again for maximum output.

I experienced both on my Shadow priest, CoP dotweave (necessitating a fixed spell sequence) was extremely punishing if you initiated the weave at the wrong moment.
    Playing with the RNG based Auspicious Spirits was way more comfortable for heavy movement encounters.

I do agree with you as far as the ridiculous amount of button bloat in FF is concerned. Some streamlining would be in order.

I'm not a huge fan of RNG when it comes to a rotation. MCH feels very underwhelming as a result - I dislike having to look at my ability bar to see whether I can hit a specific ability or not.