Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They won't reveal R+L=J this season.

Fuckin' cunts.
    Most likely they will not but they will show the birth and Ned taking the baby (through Brann's visions ofc).

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can also appreciate that HBO ran this episode right down to the last minute whereas the episode which re-introduced The Hound ran a little short. While it could have been better, I am glad they could fit it in to one episode well enough to make me feel satisfied that no stone was left un-turned or left for the sake of being a cliffhanger to eat in to the finale episode.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Quality wise it was up there. Writing wise? I mean I'm pleased as fuck with the results but at the same time it was super flawed. After that war council, would Jon really be stupid enough to charge in like that? And lead his men into the exact same trap they just bloody talked about? I'd like to think not. Still, loved the episode and it was really really well acted/shot.
    I can sympathize but don't forget John doesn't give a fuck if he dies. His army believes he is Jesus and they have nothing better to do anyway. So I can justify the recklessness. The real flaw was Dragons burning down the ships. That scene needed more attention. But hey! Danny ftw!

It was what I expected, a violent and gruesome battle which I was okay with.

Even the stuff in Mereen was obvious but still done well enough that I was fine with it.

I only had one problem with the episode, though. Why the hell did D&D have to ruin the Umbers like that? You took a guy who in the books literally dies trying to protect Rob and turn him into an asshole that had no qualms with turning Rickon over to Ramsey, or just sitting there watching what he does to him before the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    What show did you watch? This battle destroyed the hardhome and blackwater fights. And hardhome was episode 8.
    I hope the entire last episode of this season isnt just some dull trial with dull tidbits added for flavor. With the Winds of Winter title I'm in high hopes of something good with the White Walkers. Unless Cerci turns green and cackles with madness as she burns everyone alive with wild fire!

...that could be cool

10+ Year Old Account
    That smile at the end. That little smile. Best part.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think he meant to lead his men into it. He just started charging out of pure anger and vengeance, and Davos then commanded the men to go in - knowing the mistake Jon was doing, but trying to cover him. Surely, Jon had to of known that would happen, but I think he was in a blind rage at that moment.
    Just felt a little out of character is all. And weird for Jon to be the emotional one and Sansa to be the reasonable one.

So next episode: Arya returns, Littlefinger reveals his love for Sansa, Cerci stands trial and burns part of city, John organizes the North and learns smth (promo spoiler), Danny comes to party and whitewalkers cross the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I thought they only burnt one ship, pretty much as a, "Look, you can't do shit." demonstration.
    It looked like they burned a few, but not very many. Enough to be a good show of force and make them back down without destroying the entire fleet since she needs the ships.

Yes but the way they showed it was stupid. Dragons were too exposed among all those shooting catapult ships. They were like standing still and breathing fire till they deplete their ammo. Anyway good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yes, it's a definite character switch, but I think Jon is just trying to fiercely protect his family now that he can (couldnt when he was at the Wall).
    Plus Sansa is kind of dead in side when it comes to seeing friends and family die at this point I'd imagine.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just felt a little out of character is all. And weird for Jon to be the emotional one and Sansa to be the reasonable one.
    Sansa is more aware of the sacrifices which have to be made in order to retake her position. She understands that the end justifies the means even if her brother has to die. She's more realistic than cold hearted whereas Jon sees this as an opportunity and second chance to protect his family.

She also wasn't there when Ramsay ultimately killed him. If anything, she wasn't there because she knew it would happen and sought better options to seek out/rally Baelish than waste time.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-06-20 at 02:36 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

It's funny that people care more about Wun Wun than Rickon.

I'll be honest, I'm one of them. A giant is a very good strategic asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Sansa is more aware of the sacrifices which have to be made in order to retake her position. She understands that the end justifies the means even if her brother has to die. She's more realistic than cold hearted.

She also wasn't there when Ramsay ultimately killed him. If anything, she wasn't there because she knew it would happen and sought better options to seek out Baelish than waste time.
    Oh come on, when did Sansa learn politics? She grew up as royalty and was raised to marry a prince. She ended fucked up and that matured her. Let's not forget though that she doesn't give a fuck about her brothers. All she wanted was a seat. And I bet you she will turn against John.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's funny that people care more about Wun Wun than Rickon.

I'll be honest, I'm one of them. A giant is a very good strategic asset.
    I'm in the same boat, but only because the only person that didn't realize that Rickon was fucked when he was brought out was Rickon himself, and he probably had a pretty damn good feeling. At least Wun Wun had a fighting chance to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    At the range Ramsay was firing, just a little zig and zag would have made it near impossible to hit him anyway. Silly kid.
    Or at the very least run behind one of those burning racks he had spaced out in the field

10+ Year Old Account
    In fairness, he just watched his littlest brother, who he had tried so hard to save, get cut down in front of him.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Oh come on, when did Sansa learn politics? She grew up as royalty and was raised to marry a prince. She ended fucked up and that matured her. Let's not forget though that she doesn't give a fuck about her brothers. All she wanted was a seat. And I bet you she will turn against John.

That will be shitty. Poor Jon.

I see it happening in the books. But not the show. We have officially gone into cliche (do what everybody be expects ) territory. The show will be enjoyable, but I don't think it will be the show we all fell in love with past this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Sansa is more aware of the sacrifices which have to be made in order to retake her position. She understands that the end justifies the means even if her brother has to die. She's more realistic than cold hearted whereas Jon sees this as an opportunity and second chance to protect his family.

She also wasn't there when Ramsay ultimately killed him. If anything, she wasn't there because she knew it would happen and sought better options to seek out/rally Baelish than waste time.
    Nah, I just think she knew there was no hope. She knew what Ramsey did to prisoners. She knew they had no way to get him out from the inside, and that he might even be already dead. She was trying to warn Jon. They never had a hope of rescuing Rickon.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Good episode. But Jon made a huge tactical error that was COMPLETELY out of character. To top it off, that whole massacre could have been avoided if Sansa told Jon why he should wait..you know, for the rohirrim char..i mean littlefinger.

Also, has anyone else noticed that every single major battle that was shown, some army comes out of nowhere to save the day. Every. Single. Time. It's getting fucking old. I would like to see some actual tactical battle going down, instead of this Hollywood shit. Would also like to see two armies actually fight each other without a "surprise" save.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-06-20 at 02:55 AM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed