Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    Yes he is. These people, and blizz, are clueless and hopeless.

- - - Updated - - -

The contradiction is so strong it hurts...

- - - Updated - - -

I have invested time and money because of flight. It is a perfectly valid argument.

- - - Updated - - -

However it was availible at launch of those expansions. There was no period of time in which flight was not possible given that you reached the required level and had the gold for the license.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this.
    Funny thing is "clueless and hopeless" applies to you as well.
    There was no contradiction in his statement, not sure where you saw one.
    You have invested time and money into the game, not flight. Maybe flight is A reason, but surely it's not the only one. If it is, then you obviously don't enjoy the game and just want to fly, and if that's the case, Riders of Icarus may be for you.
    Yes, it was available at launch for the titles, it's not now. Games change. I miss things that were core mechanics but I'm not going to spend much time this upset about it, and these were mechanics I loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    clueless and hopeless
    Show me where I am clueless and hopeless? Not one person has refuted my main argument.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no contradiction in his statement, not sure where you saw one.
    He wants to ride and wants to be immersed in the game, but hes ok with flight being removed forcing him to mechanics that remove him from that experience.

Seriously? How do you not see that?

- - - Updated - - -

You have invested time and money into the game, not flight.
    I wouldn't have played this game as much without flight. That's time and money in sub fees.

I wouldn't have bought WoD had I known ahead of time that is what they were going to. That's money (and time as I wouldn't have played it since I wouldn't have bought it).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it was available at launch for the titles, it's not now. .
    You're a genius. I commend you.

You have invested time and money into the game, not flight. Maybe flight is A reason, but surely it's not the only one. If it is, then you obviously don't enjoy the game and just want to fly, and if that's the case, Riders of Icarus may be for you.
    And people who hate flying can just go play one of the many games without it. Right?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And people who hate flying can just go play one of the many games without it. Right?
    If that suits their needs then sure. Why would I argue that with you? I've never stated I hate flight, I find the game fun with and without it. Why play a game you aren't having fun with? It's really funny that people who correct you and others are labeled as hating flight, when most of the people posting are saying they are fine either way, they are just calling people out for having bad excuses. Trying to state opinion as fact and stating things like "evil company Blizzard" is laughable and devalues your point(s).
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-06-21 at 05:33 PM.

I don't think there are many people who actively hate flying, and those that do probably left during TBC.

This is why we need pristine/hardcore servers, they can implement all these no-fly / no lfd lfr / hardcore mobs / death penalty / leveling that takes forever / other 20th century ideas and leave the rest of the population alone
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

If that suits their needs then sure. Why would I argue that with you? I've never stated I hate flight, I find the game fun with and without it. Why play a game you aren't having fun with? It's really funny that people who correct you and others are labeled as hating flight, when most of the people posting are saying they are fine either way, they are just calling people out for having bad excuses. Trying to state opinion as fact and stating things like "evil company Blizzard" is laughable and devalues your point(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't think there are many people who actively hate flying, and those that do probably left during TBC.
    Sorry, but I'm going to call selective reading on both of you.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And the pro-fliers haven't invested time and money here? Just because you're invested in this game doesn't mean it's not an option to play something else. Those other games most assuredly have people to play with in them.
    The friendships and time and money are already invested. Unless those friends also move to a different game. This applies to both camps. Except those that don't like flight have had many years to decide that they didn't and leave.
    Last edited by Bun-Bun; 2016-06-21 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

I repeat, go and measure the time it takes you to "go to the next" vs the time it takes you to actually "clear". The "go to the next" part is taking significantly longer than the "clear" part.

I don't care if you find the ratio fine, I am saying that not many will find it fun. You can go and ask them if you don't believe me, or we can wait and see.

Preach covers this in a video... I find it to be a FACT that I spend more time traveling between world quests than actually playing the game.
    https://youtu.be/Wdb1KiuOIW4?t=16m20s

Sorry, but I'm going to call selective reading on both of you.
    Nope, direct response to your post. No selective reading. All these spins feels like I'm watching Wheel of Fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Preach covers this in a video... I find it to be a FACT that I spend more time traveling between world quests than actually playing the game.
    https://youtu.be/Wdb1KiuOIW4?t=16m20s
    So you find it a fact that you're playing the game while playing the game? Interesting...words for thought.

So you find it a fact that you're playing the game while playing the game? Interesting...words for thought.
    No.. I find myself spending more time seated on a bird... or riding to a bird, or riding from a bird....

than progressing my character.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole travel time issue is such an annoyance to me on beta that i decided this past weekend to switch to Blacksmithing just so i can get the quadruple duration on the 20% mount speed item. I dont even care about the gear or any of the other perks.

Flight would instantly make world questing more enjoyable for me. Im already bored of the travel hassle on beta.

Nope, direct response to your post. No selective reading. All these spins feels like I'm watching Wheel of Fortune.
    And you continue to prove my point....
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's not hard to make new digital friends in a new game. I do it all the time. Stepping outside of your comfort zone is good for you. Especially if you aren't happy in your comfort zone.
    I don't want to. I want to play with the ones I already have in the game that we have grown to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Very few RPG games have 3D combat, in fact outside of flight-sims very few games go for that, and flight sims really wouldn't fit WoW's hot-key style gameplay. I get the feeling that true flying combat would just be a gimmick, like it was when they implemented bombing runs and vehicles in TBC and WotLK. It would be such a massive break from what people expect of MMOs, RPGs and WoW that I doubt it would be worth the risk of investing so much into it.
    Keep in mind that i'm not talking about vehicles, but more a thing like the nagrand's wolfs, were you keep your class abilities and attack even when mounted; anyway our opinion on this are the opposite i think that, given enough time to be polished, it could become a very important part of the gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

And you continue to prove my point....
    Haven't yet, but keep trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No.. I find myself spending more time seated on a bird... or riding to a bird, or riding from a bird....

than progressing my character.
    That's still playing the game that you said you weren't playing. Progressing the character isn't THE gameplay. Or, if you want to spin the other way, if you are going to count eveeything as progression, then even the travel time counts as you move towards and from your goal. Short of standing still doing nothing between log in/out is progression of your character in some way.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-06-21 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The whole travel time issue is such an annoyance to me on beta that i decided this past weekend to switch to Blacksmithing just so i can get the quadruple duration on the 20% mount speed item. I dont even care about the gear or any of the other perks.

Flight would instantly make world questing more enjoyable for me. Im already bored of the travel hassle on beta.
    Pretty much what I was expecting from watching videos and doing some reading. After a couple days even people who are staunch anti flight folks are talking about how much they miss flying.

No flight leveling is great, and I could argue it is even fun post level cap the first maybe the second time. Problem is after that the tedium and annoyance exceeds the fun or rewards to be had.

People are going to do exactly what they did in WoD. They are going to complete what is NEEDED in the open world then plant themselves in the class order halls, or capital cities. Once flight is enabled the masses will do the pet battles, archeology, farming, dailies because flight lessens the tedium making those tasks worth doing more then once or twice.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Pretty much what I was expecting from watching videos and doing some reading. After a couple days even people who are staunch anti flight folks are talking about how much they miss flying.

No flight leveling is great, and I could argue it is even fun post level cap the first maybe the second time. Problem is after that the tedium and annoyance exceeds the fun or rewards to be had.

People are going to do exactly what they did in WoD. They are going to complete what is NEEDED in the open world then plant themselves in the class order halls, or capital cities. Once flight is enabled the masses will do the pet battles, archeology, farming, dailies because flight lessens the tedium making those tasks worth doing more then once or twice.
    People will do those things before flight is enabled. You said yourself, people will do what is needed, and part of character progression/power is getting out into the world. Once they reach a cap or complete that, then yes, I agree with you, people will plant themselves in the cap city and do nothing...like every xpac since Wrath. The only people you saw out of a cap city were gatherers and people doing dailies for mounts. The problem with WoD is that the garrison is completely self sustained and there is no reason to leave. This will not be the case in Legion.

Oh... just like sitting in the Garrison was playing the game as well.

Watch the vid and respond to what Preach mentioned. Otherwise you are addressing the topic at hand.

If you care arguing that flying on a flight path is normal content... then you most certainly must think flying on my OWN bird is Mythic flight. I have to agree.

Progressing the character isn't THE gameplay.
    The contradiction of you non flyers...