Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Curious how many people are thinking of going to this?

Literally just the prior weekend I was talking about how much I want to get back out to vegas; then I got the email. It might be fate.

Since there are only three hours left... I know this isn't Blizzcon... but if I bought the ticket, do you think I'd be able to sell it if I ended up not being able to go? Ticket money isn't a problem, the couple thousand I'd need (want) by October might be.
    I was considering going to Tokyo for the Christmas one.

If there's another big FFXIV event in London then I'll probably go to that...but as much as I love FFXIV I'm reluctant to travel to Europe or America just to attend an event. I may very well purchase a 'stream ticket' to get my hands on one of the minions and outfit that they're giving out though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Start doing the moogle dailies they give tons of crafting XP.
    That they do, level 59 Armorer here.. and this is what my Moogle-daily quest reward looks like:

So, it'd be ~10 daily quests to get whole level, with 3 available each day.

One day I'll level Weaver to 50 so I can start them. But that day is not today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    That they do, level 59 Armorer here.. and this is what my Moogle-daily quest reward looks like:

So, it'd be ~10 daily quests to get whole level, with 3 available each day.
    and while leveling the crafter you can get glass fibers to sell (or relic token items if your on that step) so the moogle daily quests are win/win IMO

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    and while leveling the crafter you can get glass fibers to sell (or relic token items if your on that step) so the moogle daily quests are win/win IMO
    Hmh, just sucks a bit that those relic items are 18 Kupo Nuts compared to ARR beast-tribe 13 [items] each.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hmh, just sucks a bit that those relic items are 18 Kupo Nuts compared to ARR beast-tribe 13 [items] each.
    But unlike the other beast man dailies you get 6 nuts per day so it takes less time.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-06-21 at 04:23 PM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    But unlike the other beast man dailies you get 6 nuts per day so it takes les time.
    Yeah, was about to delete my previous post after thinking a bit, but was too slow to realize it, haha.

Most likely mixed them with Vath, only 3 Black Copper Gil's/day.. while those relic items are still 18/each.
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2016-06-21 at 04:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    But unlike the other beast man dailies you get 6 nuts per day so it takes less time.
    Apparently when you get to rank 6 with moogles you get 3 nuts per daily so thats 9 per day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    Apparently when you get to rank 6 with moogles you get 3 nuts per daily so thats 9 per day.
    Oh that's even better so 2 days per token item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    I'm rank 6, and only got 2 nuts from each Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Curious: how many people are thinking of going to this?

Literally just the prior weekend I was talking about how much I want to get back out to vegas; then I got the email. It might be fate.

Since there are only three hours left... I know this isn't Blizzcon... but if I bought the ticket, do you think I'd be able to sell it if I ended up not being able to go? Ticket money isn't a problem, the couple thousand I'd need (want) by October might be.
    If I recall, you have to have your ID present to pick up your badge to get in, so you can't sell it. It's a measure to prevent scalpers, otherwise people would buy 4 (the limit) at $135 and immediately list them on eBay for $250 a piece.

For those who didn't go before, in my opinion, it was more worth it than when I went to Blizzcon. The first Fan Fest was all contained in one large room. At the front was a lot of seats and the main stage where all the panels were held. Between panels, there were things to do. In your bag at entry, you got a FF XIV Fan Fest Quest Journal. You had to list everyone in your party (we formed a Full Party with 2 people we didn't know, but were on our server). Then you sketch your Company crest for the event. Then the questing begins...

There was the Trial Challenge. Spin the wheel for your challenge, then take your seats. Challenges were things like Titan EX with 1 healer (synced properly) or Titan EX where tanks didn't get chest armor. One was "choose your own" (Garuda EX, pls, k thx). Etc, etc.
    Another was a Dungeon speed run race. Your party vs another party.
    Frontlines was simply pvp.
    There was an archery booth with a local archery club set up. They had Ixal targets and actual bows & arrows for you to shoot. In UK, this was replaced with a mechanical bull done up to look like a behemoth.
    Then there was also the Odin trial - first time seeing Odin outside of the FATE was introduced here. If you completed it (you got enough time for about 3 attempts), you got a T-Shirt.

Then there was an art gallery you could vote on (artists won prizes for most votes) and of course the Square store was there so you could buy stuff (no shipping, at least, y'know?).

At the end of the event, Sokken and others came on stage. Their band is called The Primals. "We are the Primals. We play... Primal Songs." So we got live performances of Garuda, Titan, Leviathan, Good King Moogle Mog (all Moogle lyrics performed by Michael Koji-Fox, who was handed hats with respective color poms to put on as he sang). We shouted and begged and cried for Shiva to be performed to reveal it, but no luck. Susan Calloway hinted on Twitter that she and Sokken may have a Fan Fest announcement, so I'm hoping she's there to perform Answers and Dragonsong, perhaps even the song for the next expansion.

4.0's expansion will surely be revealed, of course, and we'll get some info on that.

Koji-Fox and Sokken were a blast talking about music. They pretend that they're sneaking things that Yoshida didn't approve and talk about what a slave driver Yoshida can be. He's Yoshi-P on the forums and they say the "P" stands for Primal. Sokken would talk about how he'd complete a song for patch the Friday before and Yoshida wouldn't like it and ask him to recompose the whole thing.

This was what happened with the vocals on Leviathan, which originally had female vocals. Yoshida didn't like the sound, so he had Sokken redo it. Sokken didn't have time to get anyone, so he did the vocals himself and they had it before patch. He acted reluctant to play the female vocal version and Koji-Fox convinced him, saying Yoshida wasn't backstage, he was probably smoking. Sokken nodded with "Ahhhh Smokey Smokey, OKAY!" and played the music. After a bit, the speakers boomed with Yoshida's voice saying "NO! RECOMPOSE, PLEASE!" and they scrambled to turn it off and act innocent.

Yeah, they're all playing it up and goofing around and having fun, but it was pretty amusing and it is mixed in with sincerity of the challenges they deal with making the game and keeping things going.

Yoshida was walking around on the floor as well. I got his autograph after he was finished doing the archery booth with some players. His "handlers" so to speak were urging him off to get ready for their next thing as a woman in a wheel chair recognized him and he stopped to talk to her and gave her a hug and autograph. He really spent a good bit of time doing autographs and other devs were off to the side of the stage after panels to do the same.

Overall, it's a smaller area and only one game to showcase, and the lines to do events are long, but if you're there with friends and chatting, plus talking with others, it goes by pretty quick and I felt it was a lot more fun than when I went to Blizzcon (the MoP announcement year) with more to actually take part in.

If you go, bring your DS if you have one. Everyone was playing Theatrhythm while waiting in line aaaaalllll day for their badges.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-06-21 at 06:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You can get a bonus of +1 or +2 at any point. I got one in my first 5, but haven't gotten a bonus since. It's totally RNG.
    I haven't heard of anyone getting a bonus pre 120, however post 120 they're very common, I get a bonus about 1/3 of the time, and +3 is possible too, just rare.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-06-21 at 08:17 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I haven't heard of anyone getting a bonus pre 120, however post 120 they're very common, I get a bonus about 1/3 of the time, and +3 is possible too, just rare.
    Good to know! I can confirm pre 120, though. I did get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got tickets sooo happy me abd a friend are going. Kinda wish after reading what it is like I could have bought 4 tickets

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found a new profound love for crafters after finally hitting the min stats (well, juuust a tiny bit above) and having my heart pump for just crafting Eikon Cloth alone. Then again, had I been rich, I would've been able to procure materials without worrying to botch them so much. Because I'd be rich.

On the good side, though, I'll be able to reach the cap on my LTW by augmenting the scrip weapon and then finally buy a piece of high mythrite ingot (here on Phoenix (EU) you could get millions of kupo nuts for even putting leather up) and then start to craft on what which will be my first Ironworks craft.

All hail the crafters; in crafting, we craft. And have a Culinarian cook us some food. Random raider for amusement.
    Could always hire a random raider for amusement.
    If I ever was rich enough to hire someone.

I should've chosen BSM instead of ALC, but then again, I earned myself 5 millions by procuring the Luminous Fiber myself, and then crafting it in which I'll use on this reset on my new chest.

I'm lonely..

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought about gearing my crafters... but I am too lazy at this point to gather blue crafting script to get 2* ready to attempt to craft anything else.

I'll leave them in their chimaera set until the next expansion rolls along, trivializes everything again and use my time more productively. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have come to learn playing with mkb... does not work for me. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    This shortly after a patch it's probably difficult.
    On my servers prices fluctuate like crazy esp when you compare weekend days to non weekend days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I got tickets sooo happy me abd a friend are going. Kinda wish after reading what it is like I could have bought 4 tickets
    We should meet up at some point on the floor!