Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It may not have been as apparent during release or close to release with the open beta, besides the actual forums. People who are used to PVP games understand that after the honeymoon period of release, people start to show their true side. Every gamer has a limit, and a lot of gamers tend to have a really low limit before they start popping off and showing negativity or criticism towards the game they play.

Always happens, never fails.

Deleted
    ive met some deent people, usually when i play at 4-6am UK time is when i meet the friendliest people on this game, but during the day / evening, it sucks, every other QM theres a rager on the team that just acts like they are the best player on the team and its everyone elses fault we're not winning and he has done nothing wrong ever. and today i tried ranked for the first time, the first 4 or 5 games all had leavers, and it seems if someone leaves a ranked match it never finds a new person so they ended up being pointless.

i know its an online game and its too be expected, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

i've just got into the habit of giving the rager on my team the UK mental health hotline phone number and telling them to seek help and put them on ignore.

7+ Year Old Account
    never really met these toxic players most of the time nobody says a thing.

Most of the LoL kids trying the game out. They'll go back to their garbage game, eventually.

The player vs A.I. community is great. We joke, we laugh, we have fun. People talk to others about different strats and tactics in fun helpful ways. When someone dies it's like "aw shucks, they got me! Darn those computer players. Better luck next time."

Then when you play competitive everyone is like "Everyone but me has to play the character I tell you to play, or you're the worst person ever." Bonus points if the person complaining is the lowest level in the bracket. I tell them low ranking players, "hey, if you're so smart why is your rank lower than mine?" Clearly I know this game better than he does, so he can take his roid-rage and play another game.

For the records, my rank is 30. I play in the scrub bracket with other scrubs. We play to have fun and chill. No one in my bracket has any right to be an asshole. If you're rank 30 you have no right to tell others how to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've seen remarkably little.
    Same, I'm at lvl 50 and have only run across maybe half a dozen people on my team behaving poorly (either trolling or verbal harassment). Granted I keep voice chat off, so it could be happening more often and I'm just not hearing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I'm getting League of Legends vibes from Overwatch ranked. Me and 4 friends queued for a game and for some reason our sixth player was mad that he was matched with a premade and he went "afk" but kept moving every 10 seconds or so. We didn't talk shit, we were in voice chat, he wasn't. I have no idea why he was mad that he got matched with us.

I can deal with players shit talking, but when they grief it's kind of annoying.

i thought i learned how to deal with toxic people from playing LoL for so long but i was mistaken. some people you just cant deal with.

Unfortunate side effect of the Internet, everyone can talk trash and treat each other like crap with little to no consequence. Sometimes considered extreme, but I do think games need to have a ban policy like LoL. Harder to track voice chat though; but, at least most games let's you mute those people to yourself. The true nature of a person is revealed when the have no consequences to worry about, and it's just sad when you see how people treat each other.
    I've had my fair share of trash talking, but when I initiate it it's used in a manner to be playful (sometimes taken the wrong way), or in retaliation of what has been said to me or my friends. I make no excuses for it, but being an ass is a lot easier when you don't have to worry what happens next other than moving to a different group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    This, annoys the fuck out of me. Since overwatch release I've seen every tom dick and harry go "herp derp the league people are here and making our game toxic!"

League players aren't the only gamers on overwatch, besides that, every other game has some degree of toxicity. Wow, Hots, Cod, halo I know people from all types of games are playing overwatch and some of them can be just as nasty as others, others are just as pleasant as others.

Personally, I play with two friends on it, about 2-4 hours a night, and I've seen one person you'd class as toxic, quite a few trollers but I wouldn't call them arseholes
    You can't deny that LoL has one of the most toxic, player bases like ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Have you never played a FPS before, or even communicated with other human beings in a competitive environment? Ever played team sports? Sledging is 50% of all competition. Stop being so thin skinned.
    I'm not thin skinned by any means, im deeply saddened that the game held alot of promise looking at beta.
    But atm its i main genji, and refuse to play anything else, fuck you cyka blyat.

Why I never bothered to start playing it in the first place :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of everything I've heard in voice or seen typed in chat in overwatch this is by far the some of the mildest stuff.http://imgur.com/gallery/5ZJ5xVz

I do caution for strong language and slurs thrown in

I'm actually sort of curious how blizzard goes about giving the most toxic players temp/perma bans
    Last edited by kushlol; 2016-07-08 at 07:59 AM.

Made by dubbelbasse

What did you expect of a game what fundamental ignores the human psychology?
    Last edited by Durandir; 2016-07-08 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    Seeing how your using Cancer as an insult your just as toxic as the community so you fit right in

There is literally no need to use cancer as an insult there is no pleasure in watching loved ones die of cancer noeone deserves it so i suggest you grow the fuck up

if you want to say a community is bad use toxic no need to say its cancer
    Last edited by mmocd3fec6fd91; 2016-07-08 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    I got annoyed at the start, but then I discovered the “avoid player” function which was wonderful. Sadly that got removed, so now I just ignore the asshat “EZ GIT GUD” crew. I have to say I've met more nice/decent people than toxic people thankfully.

It’s honestly not worth your time and effort getting upset about; anonymity is the passport for freely acting like a pr*ck sadly and the only thing we can do about it is ignore/report.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    I am in shock atm.

I played in the beta for half of its duration, and had a blast.
    "Everyone" communicated and worked together.

But it seems after they opened the floodgates, the community turned insanely toxic.
    I just took a look on official forums for shits and giggles, and just wow.

Is the toxicity of LoL transfering over to OW, since it became the most popular current game?
    It's funny how you think Overwatch is more popular then lol

Also as with most competitive games. The closer you are to wood league the more rage u get
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-07-08 at 10:47 AM.

Sadly things seem to be getting worse as time goes on. Hopefully Blizzard take a tough stance on toxic behaviour otherwise it'll just turn people away from the game.

I had a game last night where a genji player killed my Zenyata twice in a row so I switched to Winston (I was second healer, then second tank) and pwned him, started to have problems with a reaper so I switched to Sym to go after the reaper and continued to kill the Genji, he kept trying to use E to deflect the energy weapons of Winston and Sym so I figured he was a noob, said in general, "Genji's E doesn't work on energy weapons' as a positive suggestion and they started saying they were reporting me.

I asked what for, they responded harassment, I said, "For letting you know that E doesn't work on energy weapons? Thats not harassment. That's friendly advice." They said, "No for killing me repeatedly,", to which I responded, "I killed you repeatedly because you are on the enemy team and you were in front of me. You killed me, I killed you. That is the point of the game.", "No, you went after me specifically." To which I responded during a team flip, "You were on my opponents team, thats the only reason I need to kill you repeatedly. Now you are on my team so I won't be killing you. Its not harassment to kill someone more than once. But go ahead and report me, nothing will happen." Then they left the game.

Kids these days, thinking they can kill you twice in a row but if you change to counter them and kill them twice in a row it is suddenly harassment. *roll eyes*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It's funny how you think Overwatch is more popular then lol

Also as with most competitive games. The closer you are to wood league the more rage u get
    Atm im in the top 39%, which isn't all that bad. but yes i get your point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I had a game last night where a genji player killed my Zenyata twice in a row so I switched to Winston (I was second healer, then second tank) and pwned him, started to have problems with a reaper so I switched to Sym to go after the reaper and continued to kill the Genji, he kept trying to use E to deflect the energy weapons of Winston and Sym so I figured he was a noob, said in general, "Genji's E doesn't work on energy weapons' as a positive suggestion and they started saying they were reporting me.

I asked what for, they responded harassment, I said, "For letting you know that E doesn't work on energy weapons? Thats not harassment. That's friendly advice." They said, "No for killing me repeatedly,", to which I responded, "I killed you repeatedly because you are on the enemy team and you were in front of me. You killed me, I killed you. That is the point of the game.", "No, you went after me specifically." To which I responded during a team flip, "You were on my opponents team, thats the only reason I need to kill you repeatedly. Now you are on my team so I won't be killing you. Its not harassment to kill someone more than once. But go ahead and report me, nothing will happen." Then they left the game.

Kids these days, thinking they can kill you twice in a row but if you change to counter them and kill them twice in a row it is suddenly harassment. *roll eyes*
    That level of stupid has, for me, set a new level... astonishing. They wholeheartedly believed they had a valid argument?