Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only thing it speaks volumes about is your lack of knowledge of fantasy franchises. The Narnia book franchise has sold well over 100M copies and the movie franchise has made well over a billion dollars. I love how your ignorance somehow says something more about a highly successful franchise, in your mind, than it does about you.

- - - Updated - - -

100M copies of the novels sold on top of the 1988 mini-series tells me plenty of people knew about Narnia when the first movie came out in the 2000's. The people who hadn't heard of it are people who don't read much classic fantasy. You know, like LotR and whatnot.
    And because you have heard about it that makes it a better opinion then my own?
    Ahahahahah this guy with the jokes.

Ignorance what is ignorance ?

The only ignorant person here is you who is trying to tell me something that isn't such a hit is apperantly valuable.

I used to read a lot of fan fiction both fantasy and sci-fi and to this day i haven't met a person who was excited enough to tell me about Narnia.
    Which should tell you about the volume of this franchise sold over 100m copies ....... do you know how many copies LotR sold? Why are we even speaking here you are clueless Narnia is a niche thing in the fantasy world nothing else it is not even close to Warcraft universe or the Warhammer one .

Get a grip stop been offended and learn that Narnia is nothing more then a wet dream of yours because people that are at above the age of 10 do not like it or have never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You're sitting here acting like Narnia is some minor franchise and pretending that nobody has ever heard of it when it's one of the biggest fantasy franchises in history... That's what makes your opinion and statements here laughable, not the fact that I've heard of the shit. LotR is bigger than Narnia, nobody has ever disputed that, but the fact remains that Narnia is one of the biggest fantasy franchises in history(and indeed a best selling book series of any genre). The fact that you keep acting like your ignorance of the franchise means it's irrelevant really does say a lot about you as a person though(as does the fact that you think reading lots of fan fiction makes you an expert on anything but jerk off stories). Yes, I know how many copies of LotR were sold. Does that negate the fact that Narnia is still one of the biggest franchises in history? Nope. And the fact that people don't feel the need to tell you about it probably has something to do with the way this interaction has gone on here. You're acting like your ignorance of one of the most successful fantasy franchises in history means it's irrelevant when all it means is you're ignorant(and apparently quite proud of that fact). Keep being ignorant. I'll keep doing my best to not be.

And I'm not offended that you're ignorant of Narnia. I'm not offended at all here, I'm just stuck smh in the face of you proud ignorance and opinion that your ignorance is the end all be all of the world's knowledge of things. News flash: You know a lot less than you think you do Mr. Thinks He Knows Everything.

This guy i don't even wanna bother replying to you.
    You keep living in your day dream.

Good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys seriously need to come down a bit.
    My initial statement wasn't meant to be an downgrading of the Narnia franchise overall but about the poor box office of the last two movies and still getting a sequel.
    The last one of those wasn't even the worst one financially, that did probably barely made it even (again in similar spheres as Warcraft with Box office and production costs).
    The predecessor was a money waster with 225 in production and still only 419 in Box office.

My point to this was:
    If there is a chance for a movie franchise which had one hit (thanks to the hype the Lord of the Rings movies earlier), one making barely even and one flop, there is a chance for Warcraft II as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    2010 ? That is 6 years ago.
    Even if i had heard something about it back then the fact that i can't remember a single thing about it speaks volumes about the quality of that franchise.
    Quality has absolutely nothing with how well known a work is. That's called marketing.

I remember when Prince Caspian was on the horizon; the marketing for that film was crazy in the US, to the point that there were two minute long trailers for it airing in theaters several months before it's premiere, and you couldn't go twenty minutes of TV without seeing a commercial for it. It the most hyped film I had seen until Avatar the year after. The marketing had no influence on the quality of the film.

In contrast, I had never even heard of The Lord of the Rings until a friend put the disc in for Fellowship of the Ring in his VHS player. My lack of knowledge did not in any detract from the quality of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    If there is a chance for a movie franchise which had one hit (thanks to the hype the Lord of the Rings movies earlier), one making barely even and one flop, there is a chance for Warcraft II as well.
    This pretty much.

Additionally, with the same budget of $100 million as the first, the film can introduce alot of new content, considering that the assets for the previous film have already been created (as they don't need to make a hundred Stormwind soldier costumes again, or hire a company to develop and render an entire Stormwind city model, or build props for a throne room set and so forth), much of the R&D (for the same budget as the previous film) can be devoted to extended existing sets or outright creating new ones. Also, Duncan has already worked on this project, so he knows (for a second Warcraft film) where he can optimize budget use. As long the film makes at least twice it's budget, they're likely to make more, even if it's just a couple hundred million.

- - - Updated - - -

Another incentive to make the film is that even if Legendary doesn't make a Warcraft film, Blizzard will, with or without Legendary. If Legendary doesn't make a film before their rights run out, then Blizzard will simply take their potential film to another producer. That is potential money Legendary is losing out on permanently. This is why you see so many Batman and Spiderman reboots; a producer acquires the rights to a property, they sit on it, and when the expiration date is on the horizon, they realize they can either take a risk and make the movie or lose the rights having never tried. 9 times out of 10, they will make an attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    If Legendary doesn't make a film before their rights run out, then Blizzard will simply take their potential film to another producer. That is potential money Legendary is losing out on permanently.
    And not making anything is money they will not lose permanently. D&D franchise ended as straight-to-DVD movies and cartoons after one failed feature film, and it is much more better known than Warcraft.
    Now Warcraft is in the same fantasy failure box like Earthsea and Wheel of Time.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-08-18 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Get a grip stop been offended and learn that Narnia is nothing more then a wet dream of yours because people that are at above the age of 10 do not like it or have never heard of it.
    Well, given that the first Narnia book was written in 1950 and part of the series was still made into a movie 60 years later, I don't think that qualifies as a "wet dream".

Also, given that the books are geared towards younger audiences (like kids who are 10, to use your example) then people who read the books when they first came out and the millions who have read them since over the next 66 years may have read them when they were 10 but they are clearly above the age of 10 now but would still have heard of it.

Also you can spit on it all you want because you've never heard of it, but when a book can be published in 1950 and a movie adaptation can be made 55 years later (first film in modern adaptation series was 2005) and haul in $745 million worldwide and be the third most successful movie of that year, the series has some staying power.

For an adequate comparison to Warcraft we must wait until 2049, 55 years after Orcs & Humans was first released, and make a Warcraft movie to see which performs better.

Adjusted for inflation, obviously.

Suicide Squad, the critics are calling it a horrible movie, Rotten Tomatoes is giving it a 26% while audiences are giving it 69%. I wonder if the Warcraft movie isn't similar. Critics gave Warcraft 28% while audience ratings were 76%.

So maybe what critics like doesn't always correlate to what is a good movie? Maybe critics are looking for art while audiences are looking for entertainment?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The only thing that I disliked is how they tailored Legion as an expansion to fit the movie or the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    The only thing that I disliked is how they tailored Legion as an expansion to fit the movie or the opposite.
    Pretty much every known character is doing something in Legion, even some of the dead ones, I don't think they're too closely related.

It's the idea for WoD that probably spawned from Metzen thinking about the orc clans as he was working on the script for the movie.

I will never forget Khadgar's whiskers

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So maybe what critics like doesn't always correlate to what is a good movie?
    No, it is clearly a fanboy effect. Warcraft ratings went freefall after the fans run out, the same will happen with Squad too. The huge fall in popularity is the first sign...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veftala View Post
    I will never forget Khadgar's whiskers
    Am I the only one around here who thinks that he's actually a very good looking dude? #nohomo

If I remember his mustache, it does not mean that he looks bad He's played by cool actor, and played good

Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    Am I the only one around here who thinks that he's actually a very good looking dude? #nohomo
    He looks like a potato with hair.....
    Probably the worst casting of an actor for this movie .
    Even Rut Negga is berable.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the deleted scenes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ
    Orcs discussing the Fel. I really wish the film wasn't cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    One of the deleted scenes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ
    Orcs discussing the Fel. I really wish the film wasn't cut.
    No sound at work, is that Hellscream?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    No sound at work, is that Hellscream?
    Yeah, that was the only scene where he talked. He's just a recurring silent character in the rest of the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Yeah, that was the only scene where he talked. He's just a recurring silent character in the rest of the movie.
    Being pushed to the side by Blackhand.

Deleted
    Deleted scene:

This movie needed the extra scenes in there to help make the universe come alive. You can't rush fantasy movies.