Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Oh, look, a guy who cant read, or at least comprehend what he reads.
    oh look, a retard who spent all of his life on MMO-Champion, you fat looser lol

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-23 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The solution is to deal with the men that tell their women what to wear; not to tell them what to wear yourself.
    In real life 'fighting fire with fire' is rarely a good solution.
    Never fail to find an opportunity to male bash

Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Kek. Wearing a niqab is a religious expression.
    If she cared for it at all she would have shown up in court, she didn't so she must not care that much and thus it is unlikely it is religious at all.

More places need to follow suit. How do they use photo ID?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    As all other freedoms in the Grundgesetz, this one is limited too.
    That is not the reason why the court ruled against her.
    She didn't care enough to show up and make her case.
    You cannot claim "religious reasons" and the proceed to demonstrate that you do not care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    It is not a male bashing, it is a simple knowledge that in many Islamic countries men have a lot of power over women. Is this news for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

THIS girl IS prohibited from attending her school as long as she doesnt dress into something other than niquab during lessons. Ok, call it "school order, backed by court" or else, feel free.
    Yes, because she demonstrated to the court that she does not care about it enough to show up thus convincing them that it is not a religious matter to her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The solution is to deal with the men that tell their women what to wear; not to tell them what to wear yourself.
    How are we to identify them? - Also, please explain to me how a 12 year old can make and 'informed decision' about this.
    In real life 'fighting fire with fire' is rarely a good solution.
    I'm thinking its a wonderful solution - Make it abundantly clear from the start that it is them who will change, and if they don't like it, We don't give a shit.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, because she demonstrated to the court that she does not care about it enough to show up thus convincing them that it is not a religious matter to her.
    Hmm, could she file for revision or did she indeed lost the case for all eternity ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    oh look, a retard who spent all of his life on MMO-Champion, you fat looser lol
    LoL, I am devastated by your hurtful comment. I guess you got me......
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    LoL, I am devastated by your hurtful comment. I guess you got me......
    I like it how people online manage to make a guess on one's weight. So many oracles we have on this planet, it is amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    More places need to follow suit. How do they use photo ID?
    Well, in many airports, for example, there is a special section for people covering their face for religious reasons: they can go there for an ID check and show their face to the officer without having to do it in public.

Of course, such a solution is impossible to implement everywhere...
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    How is it male bashing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Hmm, could she file for revision or did she indeed lost the case for all eternity ?
    She probably could (it is possible for a court to forbid this in some cases), but the next higher court would count her lack of care to show up against her and likely decide the same.
    Going to court and losing is not free either. It costs money.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    She probably could (it is possible for a court to forbid this in some cases), but the next higher court would count her lack of care to show up against her and likely decide the same.
    Going to court and losing is not free either. It costs money.
    i just wondered, because the case seems pretty interesting stuff for higher courts. Arguments should decide, not her lack of commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I think the religious bodies of the world have proven time and time again that they are unreasonably ignorant when it comes to hard evidence and suggesting they sit down and be "educated" on bad practices by infidels isn't going to fly.

That said we were talking about educating natives on the practices of a religion they do not follow and as I already said, any one with a brain will categorically disapprove of those archaic practices, taking you back to square one.

You act as if people who want to leave Islam can do so freely at any time and this just isn't the case.
    People are willfully ignorant, that is the curse of humanity.

Some people are subject to oppression, but we should focus on the actual actions which are causing it. I'm not pissed that a woman wears a niqab, I'm pissed that her husband or father rapes and beats her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People are willfully ignorant, that is the curse of humanity.

Some people are subject to oppression, but we should focus on the actual actions which are causing it. I'm not pissed that a woman wears a niqab, I'm pissed that her husband or father rapes and beats her.
    I mean, if a woman has to wear niqab everywhere, then something in her life is probably screwed up significantly... But it is not the reason to ban niqabs. We should deal with the causes, not the consequences. Make it so the woman doesn't want to wear niqab herself, by raising campaigns of awareness of oppression, of how people are forced by their families to dress up a certain way, of how people have the right to control their own lives, and they shouldn't be afraid of using this right.

All these direct solutions are not helping. "Niqab is not nice => let's ban niqabs". This is the kind of solution simple-minded people like Trump or Orban suggest, and they never lead anywhere good.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    have you ever seen a niqab? they are extremely baggy and they are made to cover your entire body, face included. even an idiot would be suspicious of someone wearing a disguise like that, whereas a jacket only covers your torso leaving your face open to cameras and eye witnesses. Try to note the key differences between a niqab and a jacket.
    metal detectors dont always detect bombs by the way. just so you know about that. it depends on the bombs materials and they arent always metal.

i said might, as it maybe and maybe not. i havent seen a redneck jihadist ever but who knows maybe you will be the first.
    Redneck jihadist? I was making a very unsubtle reference to the Irish, some of whom comprised a certain group that led a decades long bombing campaign across the UK in the not too distant past. They certainly didn't need niqabs to do so.

Technically the niqab is just the head cover. And just so we're clear, you're concerned about a suicide bomber covering their face? So if they're just wearing a jacket it's OK because you'll be able to see their face on the playback after they've blown themselves up.

I am all for religious freedom. But as with all freedoms it is not a free card to do whatever the hell you want. So obviously you shouldn't be allowed to torture animals in the name of your religion, or discriminate against people in your business for religious reasons, etc. Religious clothing is more complex, because what you wear shouldn't really be anyone's business. But covering up your face making you unidentifiable? No, I don't think so - but that is for society as a whole. This is not even that complex. This is about what you wear in a state institution (a school) of a secular state, religious clothing has no place there. I support secularism of the laicism kind and I'd say that that would include religious clothing being separated from government official, agency personnel and government institutions like schools. What you wear outside of those is your own business. But I would agree that it is more important with education and empowerment of the individual to such an extent that they wouldn't likely end up wearing it by their own free will.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2016-08-23 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    apparently... Nowhere in the Quran does it mention, a niqab or burka. It's a cultural thing, not a religious thing.
    Exactly, but ignorant people will stay being ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    We should deal with the causes
    That is the best way to never do anything at all. In fact it's pretty much how politicians perpetuate themselves in power: "No, but see, the real problem is...".
    There's always a cause before any other cause.

Heck, forget about abusive partners for a second. Why is this piece of cloth "bad"?: it omits a great deal of social interaction through facial expression.
    Not interacting with society is bad. What's the cause? the piece of clothe. Therefore, ban the cloth.
    You're just arguing the next causal tier. Why do they wear them? abusive partners. Therefore, jail those assholes.
    But there's more. Why are they abusive in the first place?. Well, they're a victim of their environment. Therefore, secure they're not educated in those abusive ideas: ban the mosques.
    Before you try and dismantle any of those, note that I am, of course, simplifying the exposition to get the point across: we're always dealing with the cause.
    There's always other things we can do. Doing one doesn't prevent us from doing the other.

I'm not particularly in favor of bans other than in public schools. But other places have the appropriate culture to exert that kind of control over the population. If banning nazi paraphernalia is fair game, so are burkas.