Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    No. The Twisting Nether, Void, Elemental Planes, and the yet to be named Light Realm are outside of time-space. The rest are within their own continuity. There is some grey area as to where those planes "exist" in relation to one another, but, for all intents and purposes, there is one Legion, one set of Elemental Lords, one set of Void Lords, and one Army of the Light.
    Not quite. The Elemental Plane is specific to MU Azeroth. There's a set of Elemental Lords for each planet with elements. AFAIK, we even met Draenor's at the Throne of the Elements.

The only actual answer anyone can give is "we don't really know yet" because... we don't. It's not stated anywhere.
    Anything anyone else said is just guessing or conjecture.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did the doomhammer legendary questline on beta along with all of the order halls and most of the other legendary questlines. Of all of them, the doomhammer one was the one that really stood out as a very weak storyline. That line just really makes little sense and is really mediocre. In a nutshell Thrall who all along has been one of the more powerful and important characters in all of wow lore, suddenly and for nonsensical reasons has the elements mad at him. So he has a "feels bad" moment, says he needs to go away and ponder life, and that's that. You come away from the whole thing like, huh wtf was that? The guy who helps save the world from Deathwing suddenly is emo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    I did the doomhammer legendary questline on beta along with all of the order halls and most of the other legendary questlines. Of all of them, the doomhammer one was the one that really stood out as a very weak storyline. That line just really makes little sense and is really mediocre. In a nutshell Thrall who all along has been one of the more powerful and important characters in all of wow lore, suddenly and for nonsensical reasons has the elements mad at him. So he has a "feels bad" moment, says he needs to go away and ponder life, and that's that. You come away from the whole thing like, huh wtf was that? The guy who helps save the world from Deathwing suddenly is emo?
    I mean... did you play during the expansion where he killed Deathwing?
    He was hit with magic that amplified his emoness so much that we had to go and put down his tantrums in four different elemental planes.

Thrall being a little emotional isn't news.

The elements are temperamental children, the Draenor elements left messages in the Doomhammer. The Azeroth elements read this and said 'Mother fucker!' They are pissed at Thrall for the same reason the water elementals came bitching to him about Jaina. They feel she is abusing them, plus Thrall doesn't admit that he has made mistakes! Nope everything that happened is because of Garrosh and only Garrosh. And this duel where we pick one weapon I cheated in, cause the elements consider themselves a weapon. So when he lost his smashy thingie and then used us that was totally unfair. So fuck this guy, earn our magic mojo back!

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Thrall is taking a back seat for an indeterminate amount of time due to Chris Metzen's interest in Overwatch. Due to his focus on that IP, Chris has asked that the WoW team remove Thrall from the story as much as possible so that he does not have to assist with story and voice for the character.

To give you an idea of how hyped he is for Overwatch, Chris has had Solider76 sketches and story since like 1995 or earlier. He originally intended to create him as a comic book character, but as you can tell he was rolled into Overwatch 20 years later.

Until Chris decides to, or finds passion in the Thrall character, you can expect him to receive a complete wash of any important story.
    All I can say is, it's about time. I'm so sick of Blizzard shoving Green Jesus down our throats.
    If only Gul'dan had nailed him to the cross right after he killed Varian, then that would have immediately made Legion the best expansion ever by default.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well basically he was flying above the moon, fighting Nick Fury, who it turns out was kind of a nut job... Then just before he could land the final blow, Nick leant in and whispered something to him, some dire secret, and now he's no longer worthy to wield his hammer.

Oh...

Wait...

Sorry, wrong element wielding hammer guy with performance issues!

Thrall's powers are on the fritz for a few reasons, but what seems to ME to be the most likely and also interesting, is that even though Garrosh was a colossal asshat, thrall feels great remorse for how everything ended. This, coupled with them wanting to write Thrall out and give the Doomhammer to enhance lead to him getting a whack with the nerfbat (for a similar situation, see Tirion and the Ashbringer).
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    How do you figure?

You choose 1 weapon. If the weapon is an extension of the elements because it was forged by the elements of MU Draenor, one could say that he used the weapon appropriately in combat.
    He still used his Shaman powers to defeat Garrosh. The Elements do not take kindly to their power being used for revenge against someone you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    The doomhammer and the elements are not happy that he more or less cheated in the duel with Garrosh by using the elements to defeat him so he is not the OP shaman we knew....honeslty it's a poor plot point to give us a reason to wield the hammer
    Which is bullshit right off the top, since the Mok'gora is supposed to be might-against-might.

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been said before, he hasn't lost his powers. He has lost the ability to hold/wield Doomhammer properly. He says ever since he defeated Garrosh that it has felt heavy in his hands. As far as I know, Doomhammer is basically shaman mjolnir and has deemed that Thrall is no longer worthy, and we, the shaman hero are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Which is bullshit right off the top, since the Mok'gora is supposed to be might-against-might.
    It is. Magic is banned, save for one shamanic blessing on your weapon. Gul'dan is similarly condemned during the Warcraft movie for using magic during a Mak'Gora. He cheated. Honestly, I think Blizzard forgot that was cheating, just like they forgot Orcish culture means Aggra shouldn't have been left behind on Azeroth during WoD beta. So they put in a plot point where it is discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD has been dragging on for so long now that I completely forgot that Garrosh had anything to do with it whatsoever...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Thrall lost his temper and did something evil.
    Executing an unrepentant tyrant and mass-murderer/torturer is hardly evil.

I do like how on the shammy questline he talks about how he has been powerless since fighting Garrosh, but some how he made those bridges for all of us on the Broken Shores event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I thought it was just the Doomhammer that started ignoring him. If it really was the elements...how did he do all dem things in the Draenor garrison campaign and the Broken Shore?
    Shh, don't bring up the plot holes so soon.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Actually Elements was fine with Killing Garrosh unlike fireballs Elements could not do anything if they do not want to
    Just Thrall fell in depression because he Kill Garrosh saying that he feels that is not worthy anymore to weild the Hamer

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Thrall lost his temper and did something evil.
    It is not evil to kill a mass murderer, there is just no honor in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    He still used his Shaman powers to defeat Garrosh. The Elements do not take kindly to their power being used for revenge against someone you don't like.
    ... you joking? they love that shit. There are half a dozen quests where you use the elements to gain revenge on X or help the elements gain their own revenge on Y.

Elementals are very.. elemental. If you're their buddy, they got you. You want to go cave in the skull of the guy who made you mad? You do you, theyll help. Some of the elementals are even... evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It is. Magic is banned, save for one shamanic blessing on your weapon. Gul'dan is similarly condemned during the Warcraft movie for using magic during a Mak'Gora. He cheated. Honestly, I think Blizzard forgot that was cheating, just like they forgot Orcish culture means Aggra shouldn't have been left behind on Azeroth during WoD beta. So they put in a plot point where it is discussed.
    ... uh, no. Thrall was using the elements in his FIRST Mak'gora (and the Warcraft Movie has literally nothing to do with the lore of the game, since, you know, it contradicts shit that is set in concrete) with Garrosh before it was interrupted. It's not stated anywhere in canon that you cant use magic. That's fucking absurd.

Thats like telling a mage he has to just use his sword in a duel because you're trying to stack the deck in favor of the warrior. If you want a fair fight, you dont stack one mans weaknesses against another strengths. Its strength vs strength. YOu dont fuck one guy over because he spent his life studying a different path.

Quote Originally Posted by Pundit View Post
    I think it's fairly obvious that he considered Garrosh to be like a son to him. Being forced to kill him means facing the idea that he failed as a father figure. Since he JUUUST had a kid, I imagine this has created intense feelings of guilt and doubt about his ability to pass his knowledge and wisdom on to his actual child, and this turmoil has caused his relationship with the elements to be somewhat interrupted. This is why he saw how powerful you are and allowed you to take Doomhammer.

He's going to have another arc where he learns to regain his confidence and forgive himself for what happened.
    Makes perfect sense. I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1SdVC2mrz8 - Yeah it's basically what causes Gul'dan to take control. Ish. Again, just read up and watch some of the WoD cinematics.
    Not really. Guldan didn't take control until the end of 6.1

It was the defeat of Kargath and the loss of BRF that caused Guldan to be able to take control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Okay, here we go!

A mak'gora is a ritualistic duel to the death, in which each person must choose one and only one weapon.

In Nagrand, after the Alliance and the Horde were fighting a lot against the Iron Horde, Thrall steps in and declares mak'gora against Garrosh Hellscream.

Garrosh chooses Gorehowl, and Thrall the Doomhammer. I suggest you watch the Nagrand finale cinematic to see how it plays out. In the end, Thrall commands the elements to kill Garrosh, effectively cheating in the rules of mak'gora.

For having cheated and abused of the elements, they become silent to him, presumably for a time until he "learns his lesson".

Thus, after Thrall loses the Doomhammer to some demons and it falls into the Deepholm, and the player shaman helps retrieve it, Thrall decides to pass on the weapon to the shaman.

-----------------------------

As for Archimonde being summoned, Gul'dan used the Cipher of Damnation and considerable time to manage to open the Black Gate to Archimonde. In the Main Universe, Gul'dan had used the same Cipher to raise the Hand of Gul'dan in Shadowmoon Valley and sever the connection between the orcs and the elements.

In AU Draenor, the combined armies of the draenei and the remnants of the Iron Horde led by the Frostwolf, as well as the commanders of the Alliance and the Horde, are only victorious against Archimonde thanks to the three legendary rings crafted by Khadgar and the players. These rings channeled and combined the elemental fury of Draenor, the arcane might of the Gorian Empire, and the holy blessing of the naaru.
    I'd like to see a citation that says you cannot use spells. I didn't see that in the rules. Hell the rules even said you can have a shaman bless your weapon.

Also your Guldan Archimonde stuff is completely wrong.

The cipher was only to summon the elemental we killed. That's all. Guldan merely redirected the residual energy of the dark portal we destroyed to open the black gate. You learn this in the very beginning of 6.2 Tanaan when you kill the warlock.