Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I fail to see how it is relevant to the PC talk though, since these media are private and their owners have the right to approve or not approve any content they want.
    Really? You're going to make that mistake after this many times?

WTF is "the left wing media"? Do you people just throw buzzwords around now without any meaning?

Yes, there are hypocrites, both among those liking the concept of PC, and those disliking it. Many people are hypocrites; among other news, lions are mammals, and Sun is a star. You are a hypocrite too, sir; I will let you figure out why!
    Dude have you read the NY Times?
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

I've never heard of anyone having problems with PC without having made some strongly controversial statement. Maybe some isolated cases exist, but then sometimes meteorites kill people too... Sometimes...

Hate speech has a strict definition. The fact that people here do not tend to know it doesn't mean that it is somehow a joke.

And yes, "white people suck" is pretty much a hate speech. Not sure what "left wingers" you are talking about; I've long ago figured out that "left/right" separation is nonsense used to dismiss someone's position.
    There's posts on here every week showcasing people pushing PC culture/language onto others who were either just minding their own business or attempting to interact in a work, school or social environment and got railroaded by activist types. You post in many of those threads yourself, so you've heard of plenty of instances. The 'PC activist' is the reason why a fair percentage of this stuff even becomes news, so really don't act so naïve and proclaim these as rare as meteorite deaths.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

And yet Canadians voted in the most embarrassing, openly-feminist, social justice warrior cuck of a prime minister in probably the history of the world. Go figure. I guess a majority of Canadians either aren't paying attention or aren't very bright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    There's posts on here every week showcasing people pushing PC culture/language onto others who were either just minding their own business or attempting to interact in a work, school or social environment and got railroaded by activist types. You post in many of those threads yourself, so you've heard of plenty of instances. The 'PC activist' is the reason why a fair percentage of this stuff even becomes news, so really don't act so naïve and proclaim these as rare as meteorite deaths.
    Oh, yeah, and when we actually read the linked article, it turns out that much more was taking place than the title suggested. You are pretty much as biased as the people you are complaining about, just your bias is perpendicular to theirs, hence you don't see the hypocrisy.

Take a deep breath. No one is ruining the society, nothing horrible is happening, no apocalypse is approaching. I promise! /hug
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

So what? Different media have different agendas. Fox has its own agenda, and it is just as biased in this matter as, say, CNN, it just sits on the opposite side of the river. I fail to see how it is relevant to the PC talk though, since these media are private and their owners have the right to approve or not approve any content they want.
    Well if you recall you made a comment something to the point of how left wingers "always" recognize anti-White hate speech and treat it seriously.

I contradicted that assertion.

And I think its relevant to the PCism hysteria seeing as how its these same exact people pushing PCism because it allows them to human shield radicalism behind identities.

Take Carl the Cuck and AIDS Skrillex for example.

Two belligerent militant SJWs out on their PC crusade so amazingly offended by the concept of actually deporting illegal immigrants that they triggered into a state of mouth foaming outrage permanently solidifying themselves into the internet as the butt of many a delightful meme.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Hate speech has a strict definition. The fact that people here do not tend to know it doesn't mean that it is somehow a joke.

And yes, "white people suck" is pretty much a hate speech. Not sure what "left wingers" you are talking about; I've long ago figured out that "left/right" separation is nonsense used to dismiss someone's position.
    Yeah the definition is still up to interpretation lol. Unless you consider any sort of a joke as an attack, which I wouldn't put past you or some of the other guy's on the forum lol. The problem is that the "I'm offended" card has been abused, to the point where people use it as a way to get out of real discussions. Well that and it appears the the left is deliberately trying to kill comedy and many forms of creative thought.

its obvious political correctness has gone too far when there are high schools banning their own country's flag from games because it may offend someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How does one talk about non PC topics in a PC way?
    Go heavy on the implications and be super vague about everything I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    And the non-PC crowd is any different? The second anyone disagrees with any of the "Anti-PC" crowd it's a stream of verbal abuse and denigration, not a mutual respect for differing opinions.
    Right... Just like I'm not PC automatically, I don't respect opinions automatically. It's something to be earned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Right... Just like I'm not PC automatically, I don't respect opinions automatically. It's something to be earned.
    In this context I'm not using using "respect" as in being respectful towards others, even if their opinions are all manner of stupid, not "respect" as in "accept that your opinion is equally valid". Basically the ability to disagree with turning into giant twats.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    "If political correctness has achieved one thing, it's to make the Conservative Party cloak its inherent racism behind more creative language." - Stuart Lee
    “Political correctness is what right-wing bigots call what everybody else calls being polite” - Iain M. Banks

Personally I find it impossible to read people's complaints about Political Correctness without imagining some middle-aged, middle-class, little-Englander harumphing over their Daily Mail because their favourite words for brown people are now frowned upon.
    What an edgy comment. I guess it's not racist when it's directed to white people though eh? The irony in your post is quite hilarious.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-08-30 at 04:13 AM.

In this context I'm not using using "respect" as in being respectful towards others, even if their opinions are all manner of stupid, not "respect" as in "accept that your opinion is equally valid". Basically the ability to disagree with turning into giant twats.
    Well that's more of a respect for people and not opinions per se. It doesn't require me to be pro PC to act politely toward other people. If they present a stupid opinion I can just walk away, that's polite enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's more of a respect for people and not opinions per se. It doesn't require me to be pro PC to act politely toward other people. If they present a stupid opinion I can just walk away.
    Exactly. Being polite isn't political correctness, that's sillyness.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Exactly. Being polite isn't political correctness, that's sillyness.
    The thing is, the PC "crowd" often demands much more than that. They expect people to entertain their ideas even if factually incorrect, to act lik you agree even if you disagree.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love people clouding shit with euphemisms and being obtuse about shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No no, clearly two friends making a joke to each other at a conference and some random bitch overhearing them and getting upset was against the company policy.
    Did you just call someone who exhibited bitch-like behavior a bitch?

Really Boomzy?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    All "political correctness" is, is "deciding not to be a dick to people". That's it.

I really don't see how being pro-dickery is a defensible stance. Sure, you're "saying what you want", but that just means you're being a dick to people. I don't see why anyone should be proud of that.
    Well there's about 27 million people in this country alone who disagree with the way you frame the situation.

I kind of gave up hope for humanity when that sort of crazy level PC person accused me of being sexist because I have no interest in sex with a woman... I may have just offended people with actual mental disorders.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Well there's about 27 million people in this country alone who disagree with the way you frame the situation.
    Of course.

That's what euphemisms like that are for.

"Oh, that's not what we're doing. We're 'insert whitewashing bullshit here'. See, how could you be upset about us 'insert whitewashing bullshit here'.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, the PC "crowd" often demands much more than that. They expect people to entertain their ideas even if factually incorrect, to act lik you agree even if you disagree.
    Sure, but that's not unique to the PC crowd, or any crowd. That's more one of those annoying traits of humanity.

Just, be kind.