Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    If the sytem stays like this, I'll have literally no reason to run a mythic+ more than once a week for that chest.

The fact that the weekly chest doesn't give a shit how many mythic+'s you did is a fuck up, and at 2 pieces of loot per FULL RUN that the party has to roll on, on a harder difficulty dungeon? Nah. Not going to be worth it for anyone.

I can't be bothered to spend 30 hours a week running mythic+ (nearly a full time job) for only ONE piece of loot gaurenteed. No thanks.

Looks like they're just turning Mythic+ into another way for raiders to get gear for their guild by just loot sharing, instead of providing an alternative for people that prefer 5 mans.
    The thing is at 2/5th of people getting loot each mythic+ takes 30 min. If you do 4 heroic bosses in a pug that will take you an hour or a little more you might get 1 piece of loot on average. If you do 3 mythic+ you have around the same chance at getting 1 piece of loot on average. Personal loot is about 25% chance per in raids these days. So mythic+ is equal to personal loot so for anyone not doing organized raiding Mythic+ is equal or better than raids still.

And with mythic+ you dont have to grind anything outside the first week. Once your keystone is 10 it only resets -2 levels a week. So week 1 you may have to do 7-8 dungeons to get your +10 for your 880 ilvl cache at end of week but week 2-3 you will only have to do 1-2 dungeons to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    The thing is at 2/5th of people getting loot each mythic+ takes 30 min. If you do 4 heroic bosses in a pug that will take you an hour or a little more you might get 1 piece of loot on average. If you do 3 mythic+ you have around the same chance at getting 1 piece of loot on average. Personal loot is about 25% chance per in raids these days

And with mythic+ you dont have to grind anything outside the first week. Once your keystone is 10 it only resets -2 levels a week. So week 1 you may have to do 7-8 dungeons to get your +10 for your 880 ilvl cache at end of week but week 2-3 you will only have to do 1-2 dungeons to get it.
    Or you can just do mythic/heroic raiding and spend 1/100th of the time getting massively better loot.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Or you can just do mythic/heroic raiding and spend 1/100th of the time getting massively better loot.
    right because you walk into mythic raids and 1 shot bosses.

there are no wipes that occur or anything.

r u serious lmfao

That's what people will do, and it will make mythic+ being an alternative to raiding pointless. Mythic raiders are a super minority, so restricting rewards because someone in the lowest of low 1% may be upset about it is just ridiculous.

Mythic raiding to me by the way is a guild that kills all or at least the majority of a mythic raids bosses, that doesn't take 10 months to do so. People brag about being mythic raiders when they've killed 4-5 of 13 bosses sometimes and still feel like they should feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    right because you walk into mythic raids and 1 shot bosses.

there are no wipes that occur or anything.

r u serious lmfao
    I, too, say things without thinking.
    Last edited by Malygaa; 2016-09-15 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically:
    Mythic+ is probably harder than mythic raiding, or equally as hard, yet less rewarding.
    Isn't that perfect?

We have heard time and time again, how some raiders and guilds are "extremely skilled", but cannot do Mythic purely due to "cannot get 20 people" or "prefer a close knit group"?

Now you have this hard content that yield best quality reward, without the need of 20 people, isn't this perfect?

For people that were not skilled enough to do Mythic anyway (10 or 20 man), they shouldn't get Mythic level gear from this either.

So everything is working perfectly.

It's not a nerf when they change something from beta to live, because in live we never had 5 drops so nobody benefited from that.

Deleted
    Can this myth of "raiding is hard" go away please?
    Nothing in this game is hard, it's a MMO with DBM that literally plays the game for you and gives you play by play step by step tutorials of how to do bosses mid fight. Raids are tested months in advanced by top10 raiders and videos/guides/DBM are posted minute1 of the raids being released.

The only difficult part of this game is finding 19 other people who aren't drooling idiots and can do more than press wasd and 1 at the same time.

People who think "this game is hard so I should get rewarded doing hard content only" need a reality check.

If you were rewarded for only doing the "Hardest content" in the game, this game would have less than 100k subs.

Gear is too powerful to lock the best behind mythic bosses only. We tried that in WOD, it was a massive failure. The reward for killing the bosses on mythic should be..get this, KILLING THE BOSS ON MYTHIC. There should only be 5-10% power gap between mythic raiders and a non-raider who plays as much, but simply doesn't have the desire to do mythic raiding. Everyone should have enough gear to do all content in the game at any time as long as they put in enough time playing the game. Gear matters too much for it be some special mythic raider only thing.

I mean, shouldn't mythic raiders WANT everyone to be geared for a bigger player pool of potential recruits? Or do you want people who don't mythic raid to be 50% weaker than you(like wod) and you have to drag them through mythic raids for a month to gear them up(and probably bail immediately after they get gear). Do you really want a smaller pool of players to recruit from when you need more players for your raid?

I don't think you do. Please think about this more clearly.
    You cant speak to that when you havent done any raiding

The thing is if your the level of player than can do mythic raids then Mythic+10 will not be a issue for you. And mythic+10 and higher give 865 base loot and 880 guarenteed piece at end of week..

As a mythic raider during progression I might get 2 pieces of 880 gear a week. (about 6 weeks to be fully geared)
    Doing Mythic+ I get 1x Guaranteed 880 piece. (+865 pieces that can roll to 890 without a loot lockout of any sort) So maybe 1.5 880 pieces a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Only the weekly chest is Mythic Raid quality though.
    And the chance on all items to roll 895.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You cant speak to that when you havent done any raiding
    Can this stop? FFS. Baseleess ad hominem insults that have nothing to do with the discussion. Armory is screwed up and doesn't work properly at all, it doesn't show my achievements for some reason on my death knight even though it's the same account?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okozuki/simple
    Didn't play 99% of WOD, played for a month or two, 13/13 heroic HFC and quit.

People are completely forgetting about the weekly chest which if you clear +10 is a GUARANTEED 880 ilvl piece of gear for EVERYONE. If you take out bonus rolls, that's basically the equivalent of killing 5 mythic raid bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Only the weekly chest is Mythic Raid quality though.
    Don't forget good ole titanforged.

I see no reason to bother running more than 2 or so a week for the gaurenteed drop, and thats dissapointing.

It was supposed to be an alternative to raiding, and now it isn't, its subpar, something to do when you're raid locked and bored.

All well. Its starting to look more and more like I won't be playing for much of this expansion either. Last 3 expacs have been like this, play play play at the start only to be dissapointed after the initial launch.

The only difference is this time I came in knowing that I hated the idea of artifacts, hated the idea of RNG dropping legendaries that impact character performance. I told myself I'd stick around for the first raid tier to see how it felt, but that I have no intention of staying after that unless some impactful changes are introduced.

On top of all this I'm usually a person that likes to play multiple alts - That isn't at all realistic in this expansion what with the reputation gating, artifact gating, legendary gating, ect. Yea, artifact research might matter - if it was account wide. Even if it WAS account wide, you still have to sit back and realize that you're still not going to have any legendaries on your alt, so you aren't going to be at all competitive anyway.

They tried to make too many huge changes in this expansion at the same time, and that was a mistake. Artifact system, legendary system, mythic+, it was all too much for them to juggle at once while making the game enjoyable for everyone past the first few weeks.

I mean hell, one of the primary reasons for adding artifacts was because they could use the traits as tuning knobs - and yet here we are with melee dominating everything and STILL we have yet to see a change, constantly giving us excuses of "We want more data". I don't know how many sim sheets you need of DHs and Monks pulling 1m+ trash dps before you realize how fucking broken it is when a shadow priest can't pull 150k aoe. Players have been telling you about this since the expansion launched. You probably have had feedback from players since beta, and yet it went live like this. USE THE TUNING KNOBS, STOP WAITING. Thats what they are fucking there for.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2016-09-16 at 02:47 AM.

I mean hell, one of the primary reasons for adding artifacts was because they could use the traits as tuning knobs - and yet here we are with melee dominating everything and STILL we have yet to see a change, constantly giving us excuses of "We want more data". I don't know how many sim sheets you need of DHs and Monks pulling 1m+ trash dps before you realize how fucking broken it is when a shadow priest can't pull 150k aoe. Players have been telling you about this since the expansion launched. You probably have had feedback from players since beta, and yet it went live like this. USE THE TUNING KNOBS, STOP WAITING. Thats what they are fucking there for.
    No one ever gave a rats ass about AoE dps on trash mob packs.

Play a Windwalker monk on a single target boss for more than a minute and watch his DPS just absolutely plummet.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Play a Windwalker monk on a single target boss for more than a minute and watch his DPS just absolutely plummet.
    The WW monk I play with regularly is doing just fine on single target bosses in mythics.

How about DHs? Got an excuse for that one too? They consistently pull both more aoe than everyone else AND destroy single target.

Not to mention in all 5 man content, its the trash that is typically the hardest fights, NOT the bosses, so yea, having a lot more aoe damage on trash is a lot better.

My shadow priest require a fight to be AT LEAST 3 minutes long JUST TO COMPETE with melee. On top of that, I also have to be able to use Surrender to Madness, which doesn't work on at least half of the dungeon bosses. The cooldown also doesn't reset, so at best I can use it twice in a dungeon if the initial boss and the final bosses are both viable S2M targets (unlikely). Oh yea, it also kills me regardless of how well I play, and requires a perfected rotation during the fight or I die with no capability of being battle ressed.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2016-09-16 at 02:58 AM.

Seeing as trash is about 75% of the time spent in dungeons, you'd have to be really dumb to say what you just said in a non-jokingly way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Seeing as trash is about 75% of the time spent in dungeons, you'd have to be really dumb to say what you just said in a non-jokingly way.
    I agree.

This thread isn't about shadow priests, but no melee can sit here with a straight face and claim that aoe doesn't matter. No one is going to take shadow priests into high level mythic+'s.

The WW monk I play with regularly is doing just fine on single target bosses in mythics.

How about DHs? Got an excuse for that one too? They consistently pull both more aoe than everyone else AND destroy single target.

Not to mention in all 5 man content, its the trash that is typically the hardest fights, NOT the bosses, so yea, having a lot more aoe damage on trash is a lot better.

My shadow priest require a fight to be AT LEAST 3 minutes long JUST TO COMPETE with melee. On top of that, I also have to be able to use Surrender to Madness, which doesn't work on at least half of the dungeon bosses. The cooldown also doesn't reset, so at best I can use it twice in a dungeon if the initial boss and the final bosses are both viable S2M targets (unlikely). Oh yea, it also kills me regardless of how well I play, and requires a perfected rotation during the fight or I die with no capability of being battle ressed.
    Bolded the important parts for you....

Once heroics and mythic raids are out there is not 1 fight under 4 minutes outside maybe Ursoc which had a hard 4 min enrage on beta and was tuned very tightly (IE Butcher 2.0)... But still if your judging dps off 45-1 minute boss fights your kinda LOL. Like some classes arn't even running their raid specs they are just running burst specs Like boomkins FOE vs SF. FOE will win 100% on a 90 second fight. SF starts to pull ahead after 3 1/2 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Yeah, until trash drops the dungeon loot, no one is going to give two shits about people padding their DPS in fights outside boss encounters. My Windwalker does gobs of DPS in burst AoE, yeah, but on boss fights, while I'm near the top of the meter usually, it's competitive with most other range unless they are terrible. I just find it amusing people are tearing their hair out because they can't be the top of the meter of a trash pull.

I agree.

This thread isn't about shadow priests, but no melee can sit here with a straight face and claim that aoe doesn't matter. No one is going to take shadow priests into high level mythic+'s.
    Oh this is about Mythic+. Okay.

You sound absolutely butt flustered about Shadow Priests being weak or something in AoE. I haven't leveled one yet, so I can't tell you what they are or feel like or even that you may be doing something wrong. You think you'll be denied access to PuG's for higher level mythic+? Join the club. I even feel that Windwalkers won't be a popular choice once the Tyrannical mod is in their keys because their single target is middle of the pack in the best of circumstances, not even including the other mods. If Shadow Priests need a buff, I'm all for it. From the sounds of it, quite a few classes do need a buff.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Yeah, until trash drops the dungeon loot, no one is going to give two shits about people padding their DPS in fights outside boss encounters. My Windwalker does gobs of DPS in burst AoE, yeah, but on boss fights, while I'm near the top of the meter usually, it's competitive with most other range unless they are terrible. I just find it amusing people are tearing their hair out because they can't be the top of the meter of a trash pull.
    Then you don't understand mythic/mythic+ at all really. The difficult part of mythic+ is not solely the bosses. Yeah, those are one part of it of course, but really the trash is equally as important as bosses are, if not more so. Imagine if there was a class that did 500k dps to bosses but only did 50k dps outside of bosses - would you ever bring this guy to a dungeon? No chance. Dungeons are completely different to raids where the trash is totally irrelevant. In dungeons, the trash is extremely important and not at all "dps padding."