10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Well, I think his argument is 'Obama just meant acts of terror in general will never shake our resolve. He just threw that out there for no reason and it had nothing to do with talking about Benghazi in the very next sentence." Which is just stupid and willfully ignorant. Nobody in their right mind would make that assumption, especially if the President is the one doing the talking. Unless, of course, you're steeped in a paranoid haze where Obama is a Kenyan Muslim and hates America.
    That doesn't make sense. If I'm talking about NFL players, why would I make a generalization about relief pitchers? "With Tom Brady at the helm, they will never reach first base!"
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If by camp you mean a super PAC founder, that is prohibited from coordinating efforts with Clinton.
    I was in a hurry and didn't read it carefully enough. Thank you for setting me straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I was in a hurry and didn't read it carefully enough. Thank you for setting me straight.
    Setting you straight alright! lol

https://youtu.be/I0rfmjnT7kw

I enjoy your posting, thanks for doing it!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize for cross-posting, but the situations demands it. The Commission on Presidential Debates (independant, bipartisan, nonprofit) just said Gary Johnson and Jill Stein didn't qualify for the first debate! It's a one-on-one cage match, and man, has there been some fuel for that fire thrown around recently.

15+ Year Old Account
    I apologize for cross-posting, but the situations demands it. The Commission on Presidential Debates (independant, bipartisan, nonprofit) just said Gary Johnson and Jill Stein didn't qualify for the first debate! It's a one-on-one cage match, and man, has there been some fuel for that fire thrown around recently.
    The tagline should be "Whoever wins, We lose."

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Did Obama call it an act of terror on 9/12? Did Romney claim he didn't call it an act of terror for almost 2 weeks? Did Crowley correct him, that Obama did say act of terror? This isn't rocket science...
    It's more nuanced than that. Even CBS noticed that Obama went out of his way to not use the word "terrorism," in regards to Benghazi. This is from an interview that CBS edited and didn't release fully until 2 days before the election;

KROFT: “Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word ‘terrorism’ in connection with the Libya attack.”
    OBAMA: “Right.”
    KROFT: “Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?”
    OBAMA: “Well, it’s too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans. And we are going to be working with the Libyan government to make sure that we bring these folks to justice, one way or the other.”

How do you figure the CPD is independent when it's controlled by both major parties?

I'm actually somewhat surprised they didn't let them debate, I'm sure there was a good push from Hillary's camp to have them there since those two especially Johnson are able to eat into any gains Trump is making and keep her with her slight lead in some states, and would help pull her back to a tie or into the lead in states she's lost out to Trump in.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    I'm actually somewhat surprised they didn't let them debate, I'm sure there was a good push from Hillary's camp to have them there since those two especially Johnson are able to eat into any gains Trump is making and keep her with her slight lead in some states, and would help pull her back to a tie or into the lead in states she's lost out to Trump in.
    IIRC candidates need to hit 15% in national polls to be a part of the debates, so if they don't hit the numbers then they're out of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you figure the CPD is independent when it's controlled by both major parties?
    I meant from the government, not in the sense of the "independent" political party. The CPD gets their money via donations and current government employees don't run it. Sorry for the vague word choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC candidates need to hit 15% in national polls to be a part of the debates, so if they don't hit the numbers then they're out of luck.
    Well we know Stein wasn't going to get that, but I know Johnson was in the teens earlier in the week, which is the last time I saw his numbers. Whatever big Hillary supporter(s) is financing him really needs to step up their game.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Incidentally, they didn't even have that combined. Maybe they'll lower the threshhold for next time.

I meant from the government, not in the sense of the "independent" political party. The CPD gets their money via donations and current government employees don't run it. Sorry for the vague word choice.
    Ah ok no worries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The tagline should be "Whoever wins, We lose."

-snip
    That is an amazing premise, I was actually tempted to nab that AvP photo, and do a more in-depth Photoshop with the concept, then when I googled it I realized dozens of people already have...

I think this is one of the better ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    That is an amazing premise, I was actually tempted to nab that AvP photo, and do a more in-depth Photoshop with the concept, then when I googled it I realized dozens of people already have...

I think this is one of the better ones.
    Ah wow that one is awesome!

I thought I had an original idea (and threw it together in 3 minutes worth of MS Paint skillz, couldn't remember how to do transparent backgrounds even haha).

Should have known it would already be a thing
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Anybody else getting Clinton campaign ads in their YT videos?

And yes I have adblock.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hillary Clinton could cost the Democrats the Senate
    It’s still early, but at this point in the 2016 campaign, it’s not unreasonable to think that Hillary Clinton could cost the Democrats the Senate. Her campaign is not building any sort of wave or momentum that is producing a downdraft that could deliver the Senate majority to the Democrats. By most measures, the Democrats should retake the Senate in 2016. Republicans are defending 24 Senate seats, and the Democrats are defending only 10. Despite having a generally weak bench, the Democrats have done a pretty good job at candidate recruitment. But Clinton’s lackluster, dull and uninspiring campaign, not to mention the fact that Democratic candidates cannot vouch for her honesty, is depriving them of their chance. It’s not just a reading of the tea leaves — credible polling reveals that Republicans are in good shape in most of the Senate campaigns across the country as we head into the final 55 days of the campaign. As The Post’s Amber Phillips points out, based on recent NBC/Wall Street Journal/Marist polling, the Republican candidate for Senate is up by 19 points in Arizona, 15 points in Georgia, eight points in New Hampshire and two points in Nevada.

Team Hillary is bogged down by a candidate who has pneumonia and who committed the unforced error of insulting millions of middle-class Americans. Even if Clinton were perfectly healthy, her scripted comments about the “basket of deplorables” have poured fuel on the enthusiasm of Trump supporters, while Clinton’s campaign remains flat — to say the least. And, to give credit to Trump, he has managed to mostly stay on message and hammer Clinton for those remarks while refraining from commenting on any wacky health conspiracies. It’s remarkable. For once, Trump is capitalizing on Clinton’s weaknesses without digging himself into a hole — and that appears to have rendered Clinton unable, at least for the time being, to capitalize on the abundance of Trump weaknesses.

Perhaps most harmful of all, Clinton is not inspiring enthusiasm among the Democratic base, much less among the groups who turned out for President Obama in record numbers in the previous two presidential elections. In the latest Post/ABC News poll, 33 percent of self-proclaimed Clinton supporters are “very enthusiastic” about their candidate — and 80 percent of them say they are “absolutely certain to vote.” That doesn’t sound too terrible, until you see that 46 percent of Trump supporters say they are “very enthusiastic” about their candidate, and a full 93 percent of them say they are “absolutely certain to vote.” And let’s face it, there is nothing exciting about pneumonia and gaffes. Her campaign is going to be flat for a while. That could make the difference in this campaign.

The events of the past week are certainly not fatal for Clinton, but even if she stumbles across the finish line and into the White House, it seems more and more likely that she will face a Republican House and Senate when she takes office.
    (source)

..... But.... But? Is not Hillary the shining light unto this mortal world? Oh! How could this be? /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    ..... But.... But? Is not Hillary the shining light unto this mortal world? Oh! How could this be? /s
    Who thinks Hillary is the shining light unto this mortal world? I don't think I've heard anyone on these forums talk like that.

When it comes does to it, Hillary definitely has an enthusiasm problem. It could definitely cost her the election. And we could be stuck with Trump as a result.
    Eat yo vegetables

This election is a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    He'll come in with some strategy I'm sure, be it policy or attacking/derailing Hillary I doubt Trump would just try to wing it. He'll have a plan, a horribly dangerous plan, but a plan nonetheless
    Sorry, but usually his "plans", when asked questions is to get a non-answer answer. Like when he is asked how he would defeat ISIS. At first he said he knew more than the generals did, and now, he is giving the generals 30 days to come up with a plan. Otherwise known as a non-answer answer. Or to better put it, HE DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN. Just like everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    And whos alt account might you be?
    Probably Vyxn. Haven't seen him much since he blew up after being called out on his bullshit so many times with emails and benghazi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    You're correct...I don't have ironclad proof. But I'm also not incredibly naive like some.
    Yes you are. You are naive, because you listen to Trump. Who is the candidate that has literally lied the most in history of presidential elections that I can see, and yet, you are still voting for him because you are ignoring it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we know Stein wasn't going to get that, but I know Johnson was in the teens earlier in the week, which is the last time I saw his numbers. Whatever big Hillary supporter(s) is financing him really needs to step up their game.
    Nope, Most polls show him never meeting double digits. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tein-5952.html

Clinton could rob a bank with a sock puppet on her hand and her supporters would still say, "YOU CAN'T PROVE SHE MADE THE SOCK DO IT!"