Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like it better than WoD and MoP so far.
    However, there is just to much stuff that annoys me in Legion. The pruning is just one of those things. I'm looking forward to what Legion has to offer, but if I have to rank it right now, I'd say: Vanilla=TBC>WotLK>>>>>>>>>Legion>>Cata>>>>>>WoD>MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The gameplay is simplistic, the writing is terrible and the zones are pretty meh. It's also still a near completely single-player game, and the professions are nearly as shit as in WoD.
    I'll give to it that there is decent amount of content, even if reusing Dalaran was pretty lazy.

It's hardly "best expansion ever" stuff. Though it certainly look much better due to coming after WoD.
    It's only a single player game if you choose it to be... Good luck doing dungeons and raids (or even many of the world quests solo unless you are one of a few select classes).

Not for me, so far.

You can't switch specs unless you've completed the quest chain for an artifact weapon and equipped it. Then you have to level both weapons.
    You have to gain friendly rep with 5 factions before you can unlock world quests - and you have to do that on every character.
    Navigating the environment is a pain in the arse.
    Nightfallen rep... on every character... just fuck off.

Legion is the alt killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably due to the honeymoon period, but, in my opinion, this is the greatest launch ever. The only launch I missed was Warlords, I was about 6 months late to that party.

My current standing is:
    Legion>MoP=WotLK>Cataclysm>WoD>Vanilla>TBC

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Too early to say whether Legion will beat Wrath, I think that depends on the patch cycle but so my list goes:
    WotLK > Legion > TBC > MoP > Cata > WoD

Honestly, I do expect Legion to take the spot as the best expansion largely due to Wrath's patch cycle with ToC and Ulduar being a bit of a mess. The thing that Wrath has going for it though is that Ulduar and ICC are two of the best raids the game has ever had, if Blizzard can move away from the whole orc/green fire/spikes theme in their raids which it looks like we're doing then we may get some great raids out of this expansion.
    Last edited by Derpleton; 2016-09-22 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Best WOW expansions was TBC and WOTLK its clear from 11-12mills subscribers numbers.
    Serious question. If WOTLK had been released in 2016 do you honestly believe it would have 12 million subs ? Your "logic" completely ignores the fact the game is now 12 years old.

The game was still relatively new back when WOTLK came out.. It's now 12 years old and a bit dated looking compared to newer games. Also most people who have any interest in an MMO or previous warcraft games have long since tried the game so attracting entirely fresh players to the game at this point is almost impossible.

All sources i've read say that BC had around 9 million subs at this point of it's life... Even Cata had around 12 million at launch time and in my opinion it's second only to WOD as the worst xpac. (http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18695100881).

We don't get sub counts anymore but we were told that concurrent player are at around the level of Cata which had 12 million subs at this point of its life.. That suggests that those who have tried Legion and are actually in a position to judge it's quality are playing it like crazy (http://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-war...n-player-count).

If Legion came out as when WOTLK was released today with all its polish and content I strongly believe it would have at least as many subs as WOTLK did back then... And Vise versa I believe WOTLK came out today it would have a lot fewer subs than it had back then (perhaps closer to what we see with Legion). It might be partially saved by the Arthas hook and the cache that hold with a lot of players from the older Warcraft games but not because of it's actual quality...

Way to early to make any conclusions tbh. WoD was also hailed as the best expansion ever for a short while after release by alot of people, while for alot it turned out to be in atleast a partial dissapointment in the end. Not to say that legion wil suffer the same fate, but making conclusion about where it stands in the picking order of best expansions seems atleast to me way to soon.

Deleted
    I think it's way too early to tell, but right now for me it's far better than TBC, WoD and Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    WotLK is still the best expansion due to its subs numbers, amazing lore unfolding, and lots of additions/improvements. It is too early to say whether this xpac will beat it, but so far I'd rate Legion on par with TBC. So WotLK>>TBC=Legion>MoP>Cata>>>>...>>>WoD
    Using sub numbers from what was then a four year old game and comparing them to sub numbers for the same game at EIGHT YEARS LATER is just silly... No matter what they do at this stage they are never going to return a 12 year old game to those levels short of completely remaking the game from scratch with modern day graphics etc. There are far more reasons at play for the sub count than product quality.

If WOTLK came out today after WOD had just been as terrible as it was WOTLK would not have that number of subs it had back then.. I'm so glad they don't release sub counts anymore because it was always used for ridiculous flawed ideas.

The other reasons you gave such as the lore are valid... Sub count certainly isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely prefer it to WOD and Cata at this point (including when those xpacs were first released... Even the pre xpac events for those 2 xpacs left me feeling let down (blasted lands and elemental invasion nonsense....)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    It's only a single player game if you choose it to be... Good luck doing dungeons and raids (or even many of the world quests solo unless you are one of a few select classes).
    BS
    The game design doesn't depend on me. If nearly everything is doable solo, it's not because I chose to. If I don't need to speak with anyone, to kill massive beasts because there is no tag anymore, it's not because I chose. And so on.

I'll only need to interact with people when I'll do dungeons and raids. That's how the game is made. Don't try to ignore the design by claiming it depends on players.

- - - Updated - - -

The game was still relatively new back when WOTLK came out..
    Funny, because as "early" as TBC, people already tried to dismiss criticism over flaws in the game as "well, you've been playing for more than two years, it's forever in gaming, you're just tired of it" ^^
    And "the game is old" has been used as a reason for declining sub since, well, sub declined. It seems to ignore that both MoP and WoD had huge spike of players at release - so the population is here. The reality is that, for some reasons, the game can't manage to KEEP players like Vanilla and TBC did.

Using sub numbers from what was then a four year old game and comparing them to sub numbers for the same game at EIGHT YEARS LATER is just silly... No matter what they do at this stage they are never going to return a 12 year old game to those levels short of completely remaking the game from scratch with modern day graphics etc. There are far more reasons at play for the sub count than product quality.

If WOTLK came out today after WOD had just been as terrible as it was WOTLK would not have that number of subs it had back then.. I'm so glad they don't release sub counts anymore because it was always used for ridiculous flawed ideas.

The other reasons you gave such as the lore are valid... Sub count certainly isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely prefer it to WOD and Cata at this point (including when those xpacs were first released... Even the pre xpac events for those 2 xpacs left me feeling let down (blasted lands and elemental invasion nonsense....)
    Well, I haven't thought it the way you described it. It's reasonable argument, I'm going to agree with it. The factor of years passed does matter. MMORPG is not the king of a hill now, MOBA is.

10+ Year Old Account
    so being nearly exalted to all reps in 3-4 weeks of launch and being level 110 after a week of launch(a few hours for some) with basically all content exhausted within 1 month
    how is it the best?

warlords lasted longer than this
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    so being nearly exalted to all reps in 3-4 weeks of launch and being level 110 after a week of launch(a few hours for some) with basically all content exhausted within 1 month
    how is it the best?

One question: do you sleep?

10+ Year Old Account
    how is it the best?

I'm not at all sure how you've had the time to do that...I play about 2-4 hours a night depending on what I'm doing after work, and a good chunk of the day that I'm off work on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm not even Revered with most of them despite doing a good chunk of WQs every day for each faction and always doing my Kirin Tor stuff as well.

Warlords didn't last me near this amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Not for me, so far.

You can't switch specs unless you've completed the quest chain for an artifact weapon and equipped it. Then you have to level both weapons.
    You have to gain friendly rep with 5 factions before you can unlock world quests - and you have to do that on every character.
    Navigating the environment is a pain in the arse.
    Nightfallen rep... on every character... just fuck off.

Legion is the alt killer.
    See there's your problem. The game shouldn't be designed to support everybody having 12 raid-ready characters. I much prefer having to actually put significant work into every one of them, otherwise you've got nothing to do at max level past a point.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Best WOW expansions was TBC and WOTLK its clear from 11-12mills subscribers numbers.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...-the-lich-king

91 metascore Universal acclaim based on 47 Critics

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...urning-crusade

91 metascore Universal acclaim
    based on 46 Critics

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...arcraft-legion

87 metascore generally favorable reviews
    based on 22 Critics
    Legion is rated highest with much more reviews in those lists you provided

how is it the best?

when you spend your entire day, every day, playing Legion, what the actual fuck do you expect?

warlords couldn't even DREAM of having that much content to mindlessly grind through in the first month of launch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I'm not at all sure how you've had the time to do that...I play about 2-4 hours a night depending on what I'm doing after work, and a good chunk of the day that I'm off work on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm not even Revered with most of them despite doing a good chunk of WQs every day for each faction and always doing my Kirin Tor stuff as well.

Warlords didn't last me near this amount of time.
    i play like 13-15+ hours everyday sometimes i sleep for 9 hours or less or more but generally around that amount..
    and sometimes i don't sleep on somedays and stay awake for 30+ hours
    there is 24 hours in each day
    if there is 8 world quests in each zone
    it takes 5-10minutes to do each quest
    if each quest took me 10 minutes to finish
    80 minutes per zone
    5 zones=400 minutes
    400 minutes divided by 60 minutes=6.6 hours
    it's not a perfect calculation every quest varries in how long it takes to finish AND there isn't always 8 quests in each zone..sometimes there is more or less than 8
    1 quest could take 3 minutes or less to finish while others could take more than 10

but you get the general idea
    after i do the world quests i do pvp
    sometimes i did dungeons or i was lazy/bored and get distracted doing other things so it could take longer than 6.6 hours to finish all the world quests because i could do mythic or heroic dungeons not many of them though

then some more world quests could appear after i finish them all

i have mostly been doing arena more than battlegrounds in this expansion due to the world quests taking up so much time to finish and arena is faster for honour than waiting for a bunch if retards to stop fighting in the middle ignoring objectives and hoping the next game we actually win

if i team up with a havoc demon hunter while i am a prot paladin due to a new tactic where i let them kill shit and i use supportive spells on them we win 9/10 matches or something epic like that
    but if i can't find that epic person
    and i am teamed with some noob who tries to blame me for their failures then arena could take longer and i give up and go back to world quests or do dungeons
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-09-22 at 01:08 PM.

really loving this x pack, most fun i have had in years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    when you spend your entire day, every day, playing Legion, what the actual fuck do you expect?

warlords couldn't even DREAM of having that much content to mindlessly grind through in the first month of launch
    this expansion has less content than warlords of draenor

i am comparing based on the current timeframe this expansion has been live for vs the same time warlords was live for

blizzard scrapped major patches for warlords..
    blizzard is not scrapping major patches for legion
    so after a longer period of time legion would have more content than warlords
    but for the short time legion has been live i have seen so many people at my level of completion or even further beyond me
    and i play everyday 13-15hours and have no idea how people are even so far beyond me that they level up within 3-6 hours of the legion launch
    such as
    there are lots of people who have been exalted with all reps for week or more now..they obviously did no pvp and did not do the dungeons unless a world quest was for it
    there is level 3 pvp prestige people.. they obviously leveled up only through battlegrounds and did not do any of the quests
    these are the people who somehow leveled up to 110 within hours of the launch who didn't spend an extra week or few days leveling up
    it took me like 4-5 days to level up

my flight master whistle is usually ready to use after doing a world quest
    and most of the time i used it after doing a world quest
    thats where i got the 5-10min or less estimate for how long it takes to do them
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-09-22 at 01:46 PM.