10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I know this, but it wasn't even brought up for him. If it was, it lasted all of 5 minutes for McCain. While it lasted well into the last year for Obama. Hell Trump "claims" it is done, but to his followers and his campaign it isn't. Most of his followers still think that Obama is a Muslim.
    Well, even with Obama, it was essentially brought up by a nut which is Trump, and others simply lashed at the opportunity to bash Obama in one more way. In case of McCain, such a notable nut, I guess, simply didn't appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Fucking vote... I don't care if you write in fruit salad, but for fuck's sake don't willingly give up one of the most important rights you have. I'm voting Spider Jerousalem, but would have voted Hillary if my state wasn't blue. The fact that it's blue, I get to keep my integrity, while not doing a thing to help or hurt either candidate.

Like I said, and I make this clear as possible, if WA wasn't blue... I'd swallow my pride and vote Hillary...
    What I really don't understand this election is how the green party has gone almost exclusively after the Dems. To the extent that Jill Stein pitched up at the DNC convention to elicit supporters and she has been very active in attacking Clinton every chance she gets but has hardly attacked Trump at all.

If you look at the Greens, the best outcome for them is a liberal SCOTUS. If Stein was really interested in her policies then she would put that first and foremost. It's similar to the whole country first and party second principle. Her single focus seems to be on getting 5% and federal funding. It's like nothing else matters. If I was in her shoes I would be saying vote Green in states that don't matter (blue/red) and vote Dems in the swing states because that would be in the best interests in what they stand for (not necessarily in the best interest of the Green Party itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    What I really don't understand this election is how the green party has gone almost exclusively after the Dems. To the extent that Jill Stein pitched up at the DNC convention to elicit supporters and she has been very active in attacking Clinton every chance she gets but has hardly attacked Trump at all.

If you look at the Greens, the best outcome for them is a liberal SCOTUS. If Stein was really interested in her policies then she would put that first and foremost. It's similar to the whole country first and party second principle. Her single focus seems to be on getting 5% and federal funding. It's like nothing else matters. If I was in her shoes I would be saying vote Green in states that don't matter (blue/red) and vote Dems in the swing states because that would be in the best interests in what they stand for (not necessarily in the best interest of the Green Party itself).
    if you were, but you aren't so trying to look and think through her eyes, or the information she has and runs her life by. You can only look at it from your limited point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Fucking vote... I don't care if you write in fruit salad, but for fuck's sake don't willingly give up one of the most important rights you have. I'm voting Spider Jerousalem, but would have voted Hillary if my state wasn't blue. The fact that it's blue, I get to keep my integrity, while not doing a thing to help or hurt either candidate.

Like I said, and I make this clear as possible, if WA wasn't blue... I'd swallow my pride and vote Hillary...
    While you're voting for the great SJ - I'd suggest being very careful in assuming your state will go blue. I've heard too many people IRL who are assuming the same and are voting third, and that's VERY dangerous this election!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for there to be third party candidates and even fourth party - but this one time, a Dump Presidency is faaaar to dangerous IMO to risk it. IMO it's far better to get Hillary in, then in the next four years help the Repubs implode into two factions: "The Libertarian" and the "Fukwit Dumbass" factions. As for Blue side - I'm doing what Bernie also is: Making sure the Dems stick to their deal with Bernie and push for Free Education, Universal Healthcare and $15 minimum wage.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-09-23 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    if you were, but you aren't so trying to look and think through her eyes, or the information she has and runs her life by. You can only look at it from your limited point of view.
    I am happy to change my point of view. Please explain to me how her actions will benefit the Green Party over the next 20 years.

BTW - my appologies if somebody already posted it, but this came out this morning:

Zach Galifianakis's Between two ferns... with Hillary Clinton!

I have to say, her teleconference with the union workers was pretty bizarre.

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I have to say, her teleconference with the union workers was pretty bizarre.

Yeah I can take a shitty video and put whatever I wanted to write over top of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    BTW - my appologies if somebody already posted it, but this came out this morning:

Zach Galifianakis's Between two ferns... with Hillary Clinton!
    I gotta be honest she was nowhere near as good as Obama on that show. I don't think she has his charisma
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I gotta be honest she was nowhere near as good as Obama on that show. I don't think she has his charisma
    She doesn't, it's why she's fucking awful at connecting with voters. Apparently except for small, more private events where she's better with small groups of people.

It's why these continued attempts to humanize/personalize her confuse me. It's a waste of time, people already have super strong opinions on her as a person and she doesn't do well on any of them. Stick to what she's good at - policy and actually knowing shit.

She played deadpan pretty damn well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    She played deadpan pretty damn well.
    That wasn't deadpan, that was just... Nothing. If you're doing deadpan humor you still have to make jokes and she didn't really do any of that, at best she helped with Zach's setups (I thought the white power tie joke was good).
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

That wasn't deadpan, that was just... Nothing. If you're doing deadpan humor you still have to make jokes and she didn't really do any of that, at best she helped with Zach's setups (I thought the white power tie joke was good).
    Then she played the straight man well, jesus of all the things to nitpick, comedy?

Then she played the straight man well, jesus of all the things to nitpick, comedy?
    Hey if she wanted to talk about WoW lore then I'd blow her the fuck out there as well. I'll take what I can get

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    She doesn't, it's why she's fucking awful at connecting with voters. Apparently except for small, more private events where she's better with small groups of people.

It's why these continued attempts to humanize/personalize her confuse me. It's a waste of time, people already have super strong opinions on her as a person and she doesn't do well on any of them. Stick to what she's good at - policy and actually knowing shit.
    She's an absolutely terrible politician. I don't mean that as an attack on her. She's a natural litigator and colleagues of hers have said she has a brilliant legal mind, but she's just not a natural politician. And of course she gets compared to her husband who's one of the greatest natural politicians of all time.

He's certainly a tough act to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    She's an absolutely terrible politician. I don't mean that as an attack on her. She's a natural litigator and colleagues of hers have said she has a brilliant legal mind, but she's just not a natural politician. And of course she gets compared to her husband who's one of the greatest natural politicians of all time.
    Its somewhat irrelevant but she's a very good politician in some ways. Her ability to seem like she's paying attention on a personal level and work with people she doesn't like or agree with on common ground has been noted for years.

She just doesn't do mass warm and fuzzy, and that's the part the most people see.

Its somewhat irrelevant but she's a very good politician in some ways. Her ability to seem like she's paying attention on a personal level and work with people she doesn't like or agree with on common ground has been noted for years.

She just doesn't do mass warm and fuzzy, and that's the part the most people see.
    I just don't think she comes across as sincere. And in fairness to the inevitable comparisons with her husband she is like 24 years older than him when he was elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I just don't think she comes across as sincere. And in fairness to the inevitable comparisons with her husband she is like 24 years older than him when he was elected.
    She speaks often about the need to seem controlled and measured less she be dismissed as hysterical but not cold or dismissive or else she's a bitch. I know talking about sexism is super taboo around here but its a real double standard, especially for most of her political life, and its not a tight rope that's really walkable.

She speaks often about the need to seem controlled and measured less she be dismissed as hysterical but not cold or dismissive or else she's a bitch. I know talking about sexism is super taboo around here but its a real double standard, especially for most of her political life, and its not a tight rope that's really walkable.
    That description of her walk through life mostly reinforces the feeling that she isn't genuine. She doesn't know how to act without realizing the irony in that problem.

It does make me feel sympathetic toward her though, I went through a long stretch of my life trying to balance those things before realizing that the problem was the acting itself and not how good the acting was.