Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearodh View Post
    Can someone tell me how many hours US opens before EU?

And why US still can't get WF on any of the last 3 bosses even if the whole raid was done in 17 hours?
    Because there are no 16 hour a day guilds on US currently. Limit is the #1 guild and they only raid 6-7 hours per day (though they started early on Tuesday so might have been a bit longer).

That's the excuse this tier anyway, in the past BL did raid the same hours as the top EU guilds so there was really no excuse back then.

That Sco tweet was brutal. Must feel so good to beat them after all the craziness.. wow

Deleted

And why US still can't get WF on any of the last 3 bosses even if the whole raid was done in 17 hours?
    18 hours before EU, basically. NA starts around 10 AM on tuesday, EU at 10 AM on wednesday, and in terms of time zone EU (central part) is around 6 hours ahead of US east coast.

In other words, if Exorsus were a US guild, they would have been 7/7 pretty much exactly the same time when Method/Serenity would start raiding

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    A lot of people are clueless about the difficulty of emerald Nightmare on mythic in this thread.

Yes it is definitely easier than previous raid tiers but still challenging.

The reason these top guilds were able to clear it so fast is because with Mythic+ and legendaries gearing up for these bosses was a lot quicker as opposed to a weekly lockout in previous tiers which limited their ger each week. Now with Mythic+, essentially they are able to get weeks upon weeks worth of gear they would have gotten in the past in a single week (which questions whteher or not they should change mythic+).

Most other guilds are still going to take MONTHS to clear mythic Xavius as the top guilds put hundreds of hours into mythic+ dungeons meaning they were able to trivialize the raid.

TL;DR, mythic+ gear funneling fucked up the tuning which would have previously been locked behind weeks worth of gear in other expansions.
    It's less about the total time it took to clear the instance, more about the fact that final boss was one of the easier bosses of the instance, so we can assume the tuning was completely botched. If Cenarious was the last boss and Xavius the 2nd to last boss a lot less people would be talking about difficulty.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, first US mythic kill was Sep 27, 2016 16:12:30 GMT. First EU mythic kill was Sep 28, 2016 07:19:16 GMT. (Times from wowprogress).

That's about 15 hours difference.

As for the whole US vs EU debate, that's been discussed to death. At the end of the day, US hasn't been able to compete for world first since ~TBC.

Sco saying Xavius was more difficult than Cenarius. Thinks Cenarius felt like a first boss of a mythic raid rather than the last.

For me it reminds me of Naxx in WOTLK. Steam rolled and not really a challenge. At least for the top guilds.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    18 hours before EU, basically. NA starts around 10 AM on tuesday, EU at 10 AM on wednesday, and in terms of time zone EU (central part) is around 6 hours ahead of US east coast.

In other words, if Exorsus were a US guild, they would have been 7/7 pretty much exactly the same time when Method/Serenity would start raiding
    10am west cost is typically when the servers come up, not east coast. So it's more like ~15 hours (servers never come up at an exact time).

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Because there are no 16 hour a day guilds on US currently. Limit is the #1 guild and they only raid 6-7 hours per day (though they started early on Tuesday so might have been a bit longer).

That's the excuse this tier anyway, in the past BL did raid the same hours as the top EU guilds so there was really no excuse back then.
    That's not true.. Midwinter also spent the whole first day raiding EN. They could have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Sco saying Xavius was more difficult than Cenarius. Thinks Cenarius felt like a first boss of a mythic raid rather than the last.

For me it reminds me of Naxx in WOTLK. Steam rolled and not really a challenge. At least for the top guilds.
    you got it mistaken, he said cenarius felt like the real end boss lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    That's not true.. Midwinter also spent the whole first day raiding EN. They could have done the same.
    Yes they started much earlier on the first day, but that's it. And by starting earlier we are talking maybe 8-10 hours that day. Exorsus raided 17 hours straight, hardly comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    you got it mistaken, he said cenarius felt like the real end boss lol

Yeah Sco just said Xavius felt like the first boss of an instance, he was hilariously easy.

Well Serenity 7/7, let the hate begin Kappa

Deleted
    7/7 for Serenity. 2 hours after killing Cenarius, Xavius goes down.

Waiting for the imminent From Scratch world 4th kill on Xavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    World First people usually have to deal with the fact that they are super undergeared, they didn't have to this time around.

I kinda wonder why so many people care though, most people here will not beat Xavius Mythic before Nighthold.
    You must be retarded.

Ilv that drops is 880.

ilv that drops is 680(they buffed it to 685 after people said brf invalidated hm)

It's clearly not a gear thing as the gear gap was exactly the same. It was the legendaries and under tuning more then likely.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-29 at 04:51 PM.

I think serenity went too far with HC split runs considering the presence of mythic+....Exorsus had the right idea just spending their time in mythic instead. Nighthold might last longer but I doubt it'll be another HFC unless blizz really goes crazy with the tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    It's less about the total time it took to clear the instance, more about the fact that final boss was one of the easier bosses of the instance, so we can assume the tuning was completely botched. If Cenarious was the last boss and Xavius the 2nd to last boss a lot less people would be talking about difficulty.
    Ah, I get ya. That's unfortunate, I really like when end bosses take days to kill. Too bad he doesn't drop a mount that will be easily farmed.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly its been alot easier to gather gear in this xpac than compared to WoD. Even the jump from Heroic to Normal raid, now alot of people had 850+ when entering the raids, whereas in WoD nobody had 650+ when doing so, only mayb a lucky few.

I'm massively disappointed with both how easy gearing is, the many bugs where legendaries were easily obtained and how fast mythic was cleared.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    I think serenity went too far with HC split runs considering the presence of mythic+....Exorsus had the right idea just spending their time in mythic instead. Nighthold might last longer but I doubt it'll be another HFC unless blizz really goes crazy with the tuning.
    Hindsight is 20/20. Of course noone expected things to be over as fast as it was. Basically Exorsus took a bit of a gamble that payed off.

Though it would be interesting to learn by how much the average ilvl went up on their main team, by doing the split runs.

Interestingly kill times for the top 3 are as follows:

1. Экзорсус 2 hours and 42 minutes
    2. Method 2 hours and 9 minutes
    3. Serenity 1 hour and 41 minutes

Here's to hoping the Nighthold will last longer, if not for more than some more juicy MMO-C drama.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.