Quote Originally Posted by exposer View Post
    guys i want to ask, do lots of people still play this game ?? im starting to like look of it and would like to try it
    It's very active - and has been since the game's relaunch a few years back. The first expansion was a success and the next expansion has recently been announced for next year. We're getting a new content patch in two day's time too - the second part of 3.4. Like any MMO it starts off somewhat slow but ramps up to awesome levels once you get past the 'filler' stage.

Quote Originally Posted by exposer View Post
    guys i want to ask, do lots of people still play this game ?? im starting to like look of it and would like to try it
    There's plenty of people around, especially if you go on one of the big servers, though it might take some finagling to reach it. There's a lot of story to it that you will have to go through in order to access all the content, most of it is entertaining if you like story. Just give the trial a whirl and see what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    What armor set is this by the way? Mostly curious cause the derp squadron person has it.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...016_165750.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What armor set is this by the way? Mostly curious cause the derp squadron person has it.
    Light (tank) set from Labyrinth of the Ancients.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, never seen that set, probably cause no one farmed labyrinth.

Deleted
    Btw for all that has been said about difficult dungeon content. It is true that FFXIV so far provides none of that. Heres to hoping that in 2 days we ll be proven wrong with floors 100+ of POTD which they said would be very difficult especially when nearing 200.

Well they did say that they are completely revamping dungeon design in 4.0 because the current ethos is "tank and spank monotony" and i can't disagree. The dungeons i like most tend to be lore or tone heavy ones like Toto rak HM or Haukke Manor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Btw for all that has been said about difficult dungeon content. It is true that FFXIV so far provides none of that. Heres to hoping that in 2 days we ll be proven wrong with floors 100+ of POTD which they said would be very difficult especially when nearing 200.
    I don't see how they can be difficult if they don't mandate the Trinity in there.
    If it has to be doable by 4 DPS w/o healing capabilities it will always be a snoozefest once you add in a healer and a tank.

Tbh we need something along the lines of Mythic dungeons. I dunno make Extreme/Savage versions of the current dungeons or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh we need something along the lines of Mythic dungeons. I dunno make Extreme/Savage versions of the current dungeons or something.
    No need. Just make "hard" dungeons actually challenging like back in the day.
    Although I can already see the whine if they do.

But please, for the love of God, don't go with the "you have to use manual group finder" crap like Blizzard did. Having to deal with all the "needs extreme gear to qualify" BS is so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No need. Just make "hard" dungeons actually challenging like back in the day.
    Although I can already see the whine if they do.

But please, for the love of God, don't go with the "you have to use manual group finder" crap like Blizzard did. Having to deal with all the "needs extreme gear to qualify" BS is so annoying.
    Doubt it would be manual search on FF14. But tbh having a 3rd dungeon difficulty wouldn't hurt imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Doubt it would be manual search on FF14. But tbh having a 3rd dungeon difficulty wouldn't hurt imo.
    I find it nonsensical.
    Look at WoW. What is the point of heroic dungeons now? There is none. Even running them for the 5K daily AP is not really worth half an hour.

Imho they should have scrapped "HC" altogether and replaced it via mythic, as they are a completely pointless waste of time. Put the HC loot in normal dungeons, use them for level up and initial gearing, after that move over to M dungeons and FFS make them queue-able, as they are not even remotely hard. If you ask me Catas HCs were harder than Legions Mythics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maintenance on halloween. Nooooooooooooo!!

I'd love harder dungeons. Not sure if I want another difficulty or them going back to how it used to be in the early 2.x patches.

But tbh having a 3rd dungeon difficulty wouldn't hurt imo.
    Technically it would be the second as there is only one difficulty for dungeons at the moment. "Hard" is just a name for a dungeon they changed up a bit for current level.

Imho they should have scrapped "HC" altogether and replaced it via mythic, as they are a completely pointless waste of time. Put the HC loot in normal dungeons, use them for level up and initial gearing, after that move over to M dungeons and FFS make them queue-able, as they are not even remotely hard. If you ask me Catas HCs were harder than Legions Mythics.
    Yeah Catalysm heroics were much harder than anything Mythics offer. It was more about knowing how to do fight mechanics than being a really good player at your class. Its some of the most fun I've had doing dungeon content in that game and the reason I sticked with Catacylsm throughout its life as I really enjoyed just doing dungeons in that expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't see how they can be difficult if they don't mandate the Trinity in there.
    If it has to be doable by 4 DPS w/o healing capabilities it will always be a snoozefest once you add in a healer and a tank.
    I think floors 100+ will require the holy trinity to be able to be completed. As in you ll be able to go in with 4 dps if you want but I doubt you d be able to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I think floors 100+ will require the holy trinity to be able to be completed. As in you ll be able to go in with 4 dps if you want but I doubt you d be able to clear.
    Well 100 plus apparently has no actual weapon reward. 51-100 are those new blood coloured looking weapons.

I hate to say it but Deep Dungeon giving xp was a mistake. 5 different tanks at lvl.60 in the max difficulty dungeons going "i dont have aggro moves i never do class quests just deep dungeon xD" because they spent a day getting to 50 in Deep Dungeon and naturally never learnt to tank or to use tanking moves.

and its not just tanks, when you main a job like Ninja and see a truly awful ninja you just need to ask "did you level in dd?" and you always get a "yeah xDDDD" response.

Ech. This is gonna get worse before it gets better :/

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I hate to say it but Deep Dungeon giving xp was a mistake. 5 different tanks at lvl.60 in the max difficulty dungeons going "i dont have aggro moves i never do class quests just deep dungeon xD" because they spent a day getting to 50 in Deep Dungeon and naturally never learnt to tank or to use tanking moves.

and its not just tanks, when you main a job like Ninja and see a truly awful ninja you just need to ask "did you level in dd?" and you always get a "yeah xDDDD" response.

Meanwhile I'm that one person who reads every single ability in the game at least three times

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not sure which one is worse - running low level PotD floors to reach max level or following FATE-train to get max level.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Not like it was really any different with FATE grinding. I'm just glad there's a faster way to level alt jobs.