Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest View Post
    Look, if your IQ is as high as you say it is you should realise that... most people are medicore. They know stuff only from conversations with their friends, they don't do research, they have no real passion for anything.

I do know quite a bit about quantum physics and yes perhaps alternate timelines are entirely possible. But to prove it we would need to base it on research it instead of saying 'millions of people say that they remember it that way'. So what? Milions of people don't know shit about anything.
    Well the things that I notice being different are things that I AM passionate and knowledge about.

You'd think after eating thousands of Kit-Kats as a kid I would have realized there was no hyphen, and when it disappeared I chalked it up to the wrapper being changed, but now search up old wrappers for it and there's still no hyphen. I'd still take that as just my own memory being faulty, but then when tons of other people remember it with a hyphen too, well, maybe it's not me afterall.

Seems like the large majorities either remember it as KitKat or Kit-Kat, you'd think if it was simply memory errors there'd be more variations like Kitkat, Kit Kat, Kitt Katt, whatever. It's not like anybody taught me "This is a Kit Hyphen Kat", I just got them and ate them and somewhere in my own mind decided along with many others to throw in a hypen because why not.

Misinformation spreads easily and people got imperfect memories. One guy telling a story wrong mouth to mouth changes it forever. Just look at how fake news can so easily spread and take root these days, people tend to just believe what they hear first.

Quote Originally Posted by Joobulon View Post
    Ok so there is this thing called the Mandella effect and what it is is where a large group of people recall a certain event being one way, but in reality it happened differently.

Here is a brief video describing 50 changes in under 4 minutes

Here is a video of mr world famous astrophysicist bigshot Neil Motherfucking Degrasse Tyson being WRONG by a marigin of 80 million lightyears
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-0mLH6rx78

Did this infallible genius REALLY get it THAT WRONG? Or did he say that because it actually WAS TRUE at the time he said it?

We are actually in the Orion Arm, 80million fucking lightyears away from where Neil said. Explain that!

The ones that really get to me include :
    Darth Vader no longer says "Luke, I am your father" but rather "No, I'm your father" now
    C3PO has a silver leg I never noticed
    Snow White line is now "Magic Mirror" not "Mirror Mirror"
    In the bible the lords prayer now says to forgive us our debt/debters instead of tresspasses/ers
    In the bible it says a wolf will lie with the lamb, used to say Lion would lie with lamb

So what do you think? Is this all just a hoax and people are stupid AF for remembering everything wrong? Or is something far stranger going on and our timeline has literally been altered? O_o
    My favorite one of these is, "I can see Russia from my house", which was said by Tina Fey, not Sara Palin. Sara Palin said, "There are actually parts of Alaska where you can see Russia", but everyone remembers the SNL bit as the real quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Lorde song "Buzzcut season" she literally says "Nothings wrong when nothings true, I live in a hologram with you"
    And in the new Avenged Sevenfold song "The Stage" He literally says "You do know this is just a simulation, don't you?"
    Now why exactly are our musical entertainers telling us this? Do they know something we don't?
    They're trying to tell us that our world is a hologram made and controlled by the lizard people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

She's got too much droop and low nipple syndrome. I give them a B+ at best.
    Tits must be different in your parallel universe.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason this thread is okay is cause of Katy Perry's cleavage. The rest of it is garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Tits must be different in your parallel universe.
    Give me perk over size, within reason, any day. Sure, her cleavage looks great when it's got support, but nice tits in a bra are lying if they're not nice tits outside of a bra.

Pendulous is no bueno, and low nipple syndrome is a complete write-off.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-12-02 at 06:01 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Well the things that I notice being different are things that I AM passionate and knowledge about.

You'd think after eating thousands of Kit-Kats as a kid I would have realized there was no hyphen, and when it disappeared I chalked it up to the wrapper being changed, but now search up old wrappers for it and there's still no hyphen. I'd still take that as just my own memory being faulty, but then when tons of other people remember it with a hyphen too, well, maybe it's not me afterall.

Seems like the large majorities either remember it as KitKat or Kit-Kat, you'd think if it was simply memory errors there'd be more variations like Kitkat, Kit Kat, Kitt Katt, whatever. It's not like anybody taught me "This is a Kit Hyphen Kat", I just got them and ate them and somewhere in my own mind decided along with many others to throw in a hypen because why not.
    I assume KitKats had a hyphen in them because KitKat sounds like it should have a hyphen in it but that's only for me personally.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no big Mandella effect working it's strange magic, people are just idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    and somehow NONE of those versions say trespasses/ers which for some reason is the way I've said the prayer my entire life, even in sunday school and church

Where did I get this from?
    Uh thats the current catholic version of the Lord's Prayer, so not sure why you think "none of those versions say it".

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    They're trying to tell us that our world is a hologram made and controlled by the lizard people.

My man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Uh thats the current catholic version of the Lord's Prayer, so not sure why you think "none of those versions say it".
    That one immediately caught my eye, as I only found out about "debts/debtors" from my protestant friends. It's been trespassers for at least the 30 some odd years that I can remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post

Maybe, just maybe... People are stupid? Rather than the universe and reality bending to trick you into remembering a hyphen?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To be very fair. The reason SNL went hyperbolic and turned it to her house is because even the original quote is funny in context, but comedy should surprise you. Palin was asked about foreign policy qualifications and she basically said she got experience in that area being governor of Alaska because you could see Russia from remote parts of the state... Such a hilarious person.
    It seems the OP applies to your version of events in more ways than one. The original quote was in response to a question about Russia's relevance to the US as a security concern. It was a completely legitimate point, one of few for her, that the foolish media mocked as if Russia was no longer a geopolitical concern for the US.

People legit thought the sun was yellow but its white O_o
    But it is yellow...
    http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...tartypes.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Maybe, just maybe... People are stupid? Rather than the universe and reality bending to trick you into remembering a hyphen?
    Occam's Razor here Phookah - the likelihood that this many people are stupid seems much more complex and therefore unlikely, compared to the simple explanation that the Multiverse is the divine dominion of a tricksy Raven-god who likes to fool humans into falsely remembering phrases and punctuation marks.

Tse'sketco, the Raven God of the multiverse, feasts on the mild confusion of the billions of people across billions of timelines - all momentarily pondering the subtle vanishing and reappearing of each hyphen, before shrugging and continuing on with their lives.

HE HUNGERS FOR YOUR GRAMMATICAL UNCERTAINTY.

ALL SHALL KNEEL BEFORE TSE'SKETCO'S POWER, OR BE CONSUMED BY HIS ODD CHOICE OF DICTION.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    It's the Bearenstain Bears
    not the Bearenstein Bears

(Formated to show the difference.)
    I called that heresy until I dug up a Bearenstain Bears from my basement.

Which was obviously planted there by the snake people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

They don't have to plant it. We are all just lines of code in their reptilian-made matrix. They used their snakeman keyboards and changed the e to an a remotely without you being any the wiser and had a good hiss about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    They don't have to plant it. We are all just lines of code in their reptilian-made matrix. They used their snakeman keyboards and changed the e to an a remotely without you being any the wiser and had a good hiss about it.
    It's fitting though because those fucking bears are a blighted stain on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Mandela effect

People think Pikachu has a Black Tail.
    But in reality Pikachu doesnt have a black tail

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopher...1Jk#.iaRK8vBJd
    But black tips of the ears; easy to generalize that to include the tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    But black tips of the ears; easy to generalize that to include the tail.

Besides, everyone knows Pikachu has a heart-shaped tail.