Just over 2 weeks till they more than likely announce RED MAGE! HYPE IS REAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    After how WoWs updates turned out, I hope they'll never touch my kitty, as she is pretty much perfect now.
    Options are fine but don't fix what ain't broken.
    WoW model updates were fantastic and blow away the third-rate N64/Dreamcast polygon counts the models had previously. FFXIV models could definitely use some updates including the mi'qote.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And then we'll watch how they'll only tease a bit but won't confirm anything until February EU FanFest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    And then we'll watch how they'll only tease a bit but won't confirm anything until February EU FanFest.
    Got a catapult of Lalas ready to launch if they don't.

I'm still sad were not getting a new race. I want to play as a Bangaa so badly .

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    it'll be nice to see the role revealed + next class teased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    it'll be nice to see the role revealed + next class teased.
    I'd prefer them just to reveal all new jobs, including their roles and leave most of the remaining major points for February.

Not really liking the schedule for JP FanFest, like for example Keypoints is at 3:30 AM for me.

I'd prefer them just to reveal all new jobs, including their roles and leave most of the remaining major points for February.

Not really liking the schedule for JP FanFest, like for example Keypoints is at 3:30 AM for me.
    I imagine they will reveal one at JP, tease one or two then reveal them at EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    WoW model updates were fantastic
    That's a matter of opinion.
    I consider neither retarded wild star level comical facial animations my Draenei does now now their schizophrenic voices, done by 2 different VO artists "fantastic" by any stretch of the imagination.

Can't speak for other races, but in the case of Draenei, Blizzard did some DAMN sloppy work. "Your character in HD" my ass.

yea i would've like to see all the jobs at the NA one but they like to split stuff up :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak for other races, but in the case of Draenei, Blizzard did some DAMN sloppy work. "Your character in HD" my ass.
    B-but that's clearly the same hairstyle in HD.

I'm afraid of new character models, thanks Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid of new character models, thanks Blizzard.
    Yep, my Pally is still annoyed that her ponytail is gone. >.<

I feel the same as you do. (Even though I'm not quite that addicted to Fantasias)

Yep, my Pally is still annoyed that her ponytail is gone. >.<

I feel the same as you do. (Even though I'm not quite that addicted to Fantasias)
    I agree that some of the changes are not on point, and some are flat out sloppy. My biggest gripe is that they still can't fix clipping issues with hair and armor. Or weapons and cloaks....or hair and weapons....

My Male Blood Elf Paladin has a really nice pretty shield and/ or sword on his back that gets to have a pretty red swatch of hair sticking out of it. It's distracting.

I have no doubt that if FFXIV were to implement model updates that they'd be well done. Nothing Yoshi's team has done as far as quality of work has been disappointing, and in most cases has impressed me and left me very happy.

I'm really excited to hear what's in store for us regarding the combat revamp. I'm hoping for some QoL changes and maybe some simplified rotations, at least for a few jobs so we have some difficult and some easy options but most of all I'm hoping for some uniqueness so that they don't feel like reskins of eachother.
    What I'm not hoping for though are such massive changes that it appeals to players that think combat is all that matters in MMORPGs, they tend to bring a lot of toxicity with them.

As I've said before, one of the biggest things they need to do is reduce the amount of bar space needed for combos by putting chains onto a single button rather than 3. After that, get rid of the differing levels of functionally identical spells to stop the need for having them all on your bars depending on the level of content you're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I'm not quite that addicted to Fantasias
    Sowwy, still trying to find my ideal character.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    As I've said before, one of the biggest things they need to do is reduce the amount of bar space needed for combos by putting chains onto a single button rather than 3. After that, get rid of the differing levels of functionally identical spells to stop the need for having them all on your bars depending on the level of content you're doing.
    And talent trees! I'd love to be able to make my character more unique

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I agree that some of the changes are not on point, and some are flat out sloppy. My biggest gripe is that they still can't fix clipping issues with hair and armor. Or weapons and cloaks....or hair and weapons....

My Male Blood Elf Paladin has a really nice pretty shield and/ or sword on his back that gets to have a pretty red swatch of hair sticking out of it. It's distracting.
    Well FF-XIV has the same problems. Not sure they can be fixed, given the number of customizations available.
    Nearly every earring clips into my braids, my hand and tail clip into long robes... the list is endless.

Deleted
    I just hope they'll show some of the sets for the new classes and how they'll look.
    Dancer/Red-mage (if one of them is a new class) are so Bard-y in terms of looks imho.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-06 at 11:14 PM.

Well FF-XIV has the same problems. Not sure they can be fixed, given the number of customizations available.
    Nearly every earring clips into my braids, my hand and tail clip into long robes... the list is endless.
    Now that you bring it up, there are quite a few. I honestly just don't notice them as much because on my character the issues are so subtle and I'm used to the awful ones from WoW, so they get easily forgiven.

In WoW on my BE Pally my shields usually look like they have a disembodied tongue from a panting dog sticking out of them, it's very prominent. The ones that I notice in FFXIV are like, maybe the tip of your finger sticking into the lower armor, the tip of the sword (as opposed to half of it) poking something it shouldn't or a hair sticking out somewhere (as opposed to the entire ponytail).

I accept that there's a lot of configurations to have in mind, and there's little to no way to get them all. But in my experience FFXIV has done WAAAY better than WoW at taking care of the glaring ones. YMMV obviously, like I said I don't catch many on my character.