Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    See! And I suck at Dota! I'm a very bad dota player, yet I never get reported! So, clearly skill is not what gets you reported. So I assume one has to be pretty dang toxic!
    You also barely talk, again, you have to talk to get reported. People very rarely get long-lasting anger at bad players, most people will just go "fucking peru on my team as usual" and move on with their lives, it's the combination of being bad + being vocal that makes people spam report.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how to feel about Elimination 2.0's grand finals. I mean, EG didn't exactly have a strong draft, but... how the hell do you deal with a Syllabear that has Agh's and that much gold? He can just throw away the bear constantly and there's really nothing you can do about it since only a core can actually fight back against it, and if you have to detail a core to prevent the bear from just TP'ing to a creep and eating a tower or rax, you'll never be able to push safely. Just makes me mad that EG outplays OG so hard for the first 35 minutes of the game, then we're treated to an utterly boring 40 more minutes of gameplay while we watch Syllabear just afk in base while throwing his bear at buildings and EG can't do anything about it.

Same as watching SD make constant illusions of some core and then they just throw the illusions at buildings, inexorably chipping away at them in complete safety.

Shit like that needs to be taken out of DotA.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I mean, theoretically EG could kill the bear when it goes to push/backdoor, then go push themselves and kill it again. The bear essentially is the hero, ti just has a permanent aegis, but if you kill it twice that's it, syllabear is out of the game. A hero with boots and aghs and nothing else isn't going to do a damn thing. There's a reason he wasn't picked in the first 4 games...it's pretty easy to punish him and the ranged carry + dragon lance meta absolutely demolishes spirit bears.

IMO sumail blew it with a dumbass WR build. BKB and linkens against what? If he replaced at least the linkens with a rapier he might have been able to just straight up melt the bear. The bkb/linkens didn't even save him at the end, he still got double laguna'd, so why the hell is he wasting half of his hero on defensive items that won't defend him? Good question. Sometimes going full glass cannon is actually the way to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I mean, theoretically EG could kill the bear when it goes to push/backdoor, then go push themselves and kill it again. The bear essentially is the hero, ti just has a permanent aegis, but if you kill it twice that's it, syllabear is out of the game. A hero with boots and aghs and nothing else isn't going to do a damn thing. There's a reason he wasn't picked in the first 4 games...it's pretty easy to punish him and the ranged carry + dragon lance meta absolutely demolishes spirit bears.

IMO sumail blew it with a dumbass WR build. BKB and linkens against what? If he replaced at least the linkens with a rapier he might have been able to just straight up melt the bear. The bkb/linkens didn't even save him at the end, he still got double laguna'd, so why the hell is he wasting half of his hero on defensive items that won't defend him? Good question. Sometimes going full glass cannon is actually the way to play.
    you answered it urself, he can't do shit, either build he goes he'd dead, they were killing the bear really fast anyway with orchid

they lost because they had a visage carry

at the end the bear even had refresher, 3 bears.

they splitted so well it was almost imposible to do anything w.o sacrificing racks

all OG had to do was kill WR

they had it in the bag til enigma used black hole and they all died
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

He might have died either way, but he'd be able to put out more damage before dying if he replaced the linkens at least. It's a hindsight 20/20 issue of course, they probably didn't expect the game to go on that long, but when it was 70 minutes and the Lina had refresher he probably should have sold it for rapier at that point, he was sitting on 7k gold at some point shortly before they lost. Who knows, maybe he could have even just done a backdoor/base race or something. I think the game of just waiting for the bear cooldown to come kill a building game is an inevitable loss so you have to do something.

People still play dota 2? Impressive. Thought people would be sick of the round robin balancing system and over priced courier skins by now.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    People still play dota 2? Impressive. Thought people would be sick of the round robin balancing system and over priced courier skins by now.
    >caring about hats

best balanced "moba" out there

kek
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I haven't posted here in a while, but came back after reaching 3k and taking a prolonged break. Was doing exceptionally poorly at most game mechanics (last hitting, stacking, pulling) but for the first time playing Dota actually had a really good social experience.

Was picking KotL, and got paired with a Techies. Had some fun goofing off, nobody was raging fun chat all around, we lost a close one. Paired up with him again, then we won the next game. We added each other to Steam, and our Third game someone on the other team first picked KotL (surprised me but we hadn't played him in the previous two games.) So I grabbed Treant and he picked Techies, we had an offlaner get really rude about wanting to solo it so a Riki came over with us to fight a duo lane of Drow + Crystal Maiden.

Nature's Guise + Suicide, and maybe a hidden Riki waiting behind them if they survive was absolutely dominating combination against that combo. I know it likely wouldn't work against better players, but it was just a lot of fun having just come back.

Boston major in a nutshell: poor drafts and more poor drafts.

- - - Updated - - -

VP is a shit-tier team and does not deserve to be in this major with their game against EG. Bunch of morons really. Constantly getting ganked by good ol' EG style aggressive smokes and invis. Poor usage of wards and whatnot. Good thing they got rekt by EG.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-12-09 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching NP destroy EHOME. Fatal Bonds needs to be deleted from the game, and so does potm agh's. So stupid, absolutely zero counterplay to any of that other than "don't let it happen."
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did the OD build stop going orb first into astral first? I used to advocate that and people said I was retarded, that orb first was better. Orb's even been buffed in 6.88, +20 sec int steal duration, but astral only got +25 dmg. Is it to extend the range for combos or something? Why not just buy a blink dagger or even force staff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    delete morphling from dota
    I'm really hoping 6.89 basically destroys illusions. Illusion siege is probably the dumbest thing ever. I really think illusions need to give bounty so that you can't just mindlessly throw them at people.

Then again, I guess XP/gold bounties wouldn't really matter at 60 mins when you have lvl 25 cores fighting other lvl 25 cores.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why did the OD build stop going orb first into astral first? I used to advocate that and people said I was retarded, that orb first was better. Orb's even been buffed in 6.88, +20 sec int steal duration, but astral only got +25 dmg. Is it to extend the range for combos or something? Why not just buy a blink dagger or even force staff?

I'm really hoping 6.89 basically destroys illusions. Illusion siege is probably the dumbest thing ever. I really think illusions need to give bounty so that you can't just mindlessly throw them at people.

Then again, I guess XP/gold bounties wouldn't really matter at 60 mins when you have lvl 25 cores fighting other lvl 25 cores.
    Easy wave clear?

I don't mind the "illusion games" at all. SD's disruption working on them though is op. I'm missing Lina and WR, so sad to never see those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    delete morphling from dota
    Hope Ad Finem wins this major. They probably need the money more than anyone in this major anyway. It's like Major of millionaires...

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they actually nerf Naga's ulti for once. 60 sec cd at lvl 16 is insane, an ult that strong should be 120 sec minimum, if not 150 or 180 sec. Maybe Agh's could reduce it by 30-45 sec.

- - - Updated - - -

Loving Ad Finem. They seem to be making good drafts and even better plays. These Nyx Assassins are just wrecking Batrider drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Oh come on, we all know 6.89 is going to contain nothing but pointless Agh's for Heroes who don't already have one, completely arbitrary buffs to CM and Lich ults and a new item that boosts spell damage.

I do think you're right though, Illusions are a bit out of hand in their current state. The problem with just attaching a flat bounty on them is that if you're just using them to siege safely, then they're almost certainly going to be dead, or close to dead, by the time anyone comes to clear up. If you try fix it by throwing a huge bounty on them, you immediately kick TB, Naga and PL into Trash Tier, with CK not far behind.

Illusions are throw away by design, if you change them to give a bounty then they're effectively worse forms of summoned minions, without the latter's durability. No, I think the best way to go about fixing Illusions would be to only have them last a certain amount of hits taken. It would mean that they could still push, but a creep wave could kill one very rapidly if they're pushing alone. It would also help fix them in team fights with AoE flying around too, Illusions wouldn't just pop the second they get close to Sven or Earthshaker. Nerfing their pushing power but buffing them for team fights seems, to me, like a suitable trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Only hero I've always wanted deleted from dota is Phantom Lancer. Go die in a fire, PL!
    I actually really like Phantom Lancer.

"Like spearfishing!"

10+ Year Old Account
    FUCKiNG TOLD YOU LUNA AGH'S WAS AMAZING AND PEOPLE WERE INSANE TO SKIP IT

Ad Finem vs OG third game on Boston Major finals....this game is INSANE! By FAR the best game I've ever watched. This is a must watch game folks...

10+ Year Old Account
    No 6.89. 7.00 INSTEAD! In ~14 hours 40 minutes.