10+ Year Old Account
    Great series in general. Ad Finem did so well. I think OG's familiarity with LAN play and high-level tournament play was the deciding factor. A lot of times it felt like Ad Finem was going on tilt or kind of losing sight of the overall goal, chasing s4's Slardar in circles through the trees in game 2 etc. I loved how into the games the crowd was, though. People chanting for Ad Finem at the start of game 3, people cheering for both teams, etc. They represent the absolute best part of Dota.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2016-12-11 at 04:54 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    FUCKiNG TOLD YOU LUNA AGH'S WAS AMAZING AND PEOPLE WERE INSANE TO SKIP IT
    Nah, it was a win more item, that wouldn't do anything when copied by Disrupter's Illusions. Luna was easily 10k ahead of the Drow (and the lategame favored OG), the only way Ad Finem came back was via Disruption and team fights.
    Notail is a big fan of enemy illusion countering, for example in their match against EG he turned off the radiance effect so the EG copied illusion wouldn't have the burn.

I'm expecting at least some nerfs to Raindrops in 7.0 . Right now they're way too versatile/strong for the early game, and some heroes are straight up horrible because of them. For example in the DC vs AF game, when DC picked Windranger they just lost the game on draft.

Where were you when Valve killed Dota

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Where were you when Valve killed Dota
    I for one as a Treant picker am kind of excited for:

Nature's Guise is now a passive ability. Whenever you are within 265 range of a tree for 6/5/4/3 seconds (without attacking), you gain invisibility and 16/22/28/34% movement speed bonus. When you attack out of invisibility, you bash the target for 1/1.4/1.8/2.2 seconds. Distance-to-tree check still has a 0.75 grace period before invisibility is removed. Your attack out of invisibility cannot miss. You can cast while invisible.

Though it means my techies strategy with my new friend won't work =(

Tree-Riki-Protector will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I for one as a Treant picker am kind of excited for:

Nature's Guise is now a passive ability. Whenever you are within 265 range of a tree for 6/5/4/3 seconds (without attacking), you gain invisibility and 16/22/28/34% movement speed bonus. When you attack out of invisibility, you bash the target for 1/1.4/1.8/2.2 seconds. Distance-to-tree check still has a 0.75 grace period before invisibility is removed. Your attack out of invisibility cannot miss. You can cast while invisible.

Though it means my techies strategy with my new friend won't work =(

Tree-Riki-Protector will be fun.
    I think its too much, this could be very damaging to the community.

Looked a bit over all the changes.

Thank fuck they nerfed Illusions, granting XP and Gold now and deal less damage against buildings.

As for the talent system, it's alright, the whole Stat Talent was never really that awesome, it was basically the "Put your points in there once max'd all other skills", aside from the notorious trap skill that doesn't improve beyond Rank 1.

However some talents don't make much sense.

For example Rexxar:

Level 25: +175 Wild Axes Damage OR +120 Damage

If i manage to get 25 on Rexxar i most certainly won't care about 175 extra damage on Axes or +120 Auto attacks, i'd rather take anything else that helps me survive initiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As for the talent system, it's alright, the whole Stat Talent was never really that awesome, it was basically the "Put your points in there once max'd all other skills", aside from the notorious trap skill that doesn't improve beyond Rank 1.
    But the good thing about leveling Stats was you could never get it wrong. You couldn't, say...Click on the wrong stat to level, because you're going to level them all up no matter what. Most of the talents seem to be split into a very clear right and wrong answer, very few of them are situational so you're just going to go with whichever gives you the most stats for your points.

This new system keeps both the trap skills, and adds a second layer of trap talents on top. We're essentially trading in a boring but functional and simple system for an "interesting" one which is full of noobtraps yet still has the same underlying issue of being just boring stats boosts. It seems to me like it was just changed for the sake of creating a sense of "newness", rather than to achive any real goal or purpose.

I know lots of people in other places have voiced the idea that it's to help casual players, but I would strongly disagree with that idea. It doesn't make the game any more accessible or beginner friendly, it simply adds an extra set of "things" you need to know to play your Hero sucessfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the talent trees after some time. I mean right now there's going to be some/a lot of imbalance but in the long run it should work greatly. No more fucking illusion spam bullshit.

Also watched Wagamama play Sky mid. That shit was INSANE. Atos has a 2 second stun and aghs duplicates every spell you do to the nearest unit prioritizing heroes. Just get a few items to help with mana regen and mobility. GG.

Illusions give Gold and EXP.

Wow, @PizzaSHARK, how long have you been asking for this now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Illusions give Gold and EXP.

Wow, @PizzaSHARK, how long have you been asking for this now?
    Dunno, it usually takes Valve a year to get around to it, give or take.

Sometimes I get lucky with my predictions/rants, I guess.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

that was pbbly the only thing people bitched this patch on reddit

and long time ago too
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Well damn, even Enigma is totally ripped now. I'm really not sure how he managed to hit the Gym give his almost complete lack of physical presence. I'm disapointed that he's *still* been skipping leg day though.

Viper and Slardar look much better too, Viper especially looks more far reptillian than his older model but without losing any of his distincitive features.

Illusion's weren't nerfed. They were buffed - they inherit attack speed now. This means that antimage can blink on you, abyssal, manta, and walk away without ever hitting you with his actual hero because his two illusions are going to burn 1400 mana before abyssal wears off. It's actually extremely stupid, illusions do way more damage now and you are punished ten times harder for being a hero that can't kill them instantly with sheep or drain.

Game has gone full retard in every way regardless, there are at least 8 people buying midas in every game now and most games have 9 or 10 carries in them. It's kind of like a permanent -em mode, though I did enjoy my typical luck of being matched against Merlini's 5 man stack with a team of 5 random pubs and got to experience how fun it is to try to support when the enemy just sits on your side of the map and takes your bounty runes and gets theirs too. It is possible to shut the other team down somewhat, but it takes so much more coordination to do now pub teams will never be able to handle it, which means free gold for everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    The arc warden meta is coming. Now that he is in Captains mode. People will finally see how he is played properly and RIP pubs.

Illusions do like 20% less damage to buildings now or something, don't remember. Crimson guard works on buildings now. + you could always pick Lich to armour the building even more too.

Oh and visage is definitely back. Probably.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2016-12-14 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    The arc warden meta is coming. Now that he is in Captains mode. People will finally see how he is played properly and RIP pubs.

Illusions do like 20% less damage to buildings now or something, don't remember. Crimson guard works on buildings now. + you could always pick Lich to armour the building even more too.

Oh and visage is definitely back. Probably.
    Yeah CG working on buildings combined with doubling the dmg penalty illusions have on buildings should serve to hugely nerf illusion siege, which was my only real issue with illusions. I'm okay with illusions slicing up heroes, though maybe Manta Style needs another damned nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Zet will definitely become popular. I think he's criminally underrated as a support, Flux is a guaranteed kill on anyone that doesn't have creeps nearby to hug and being able to double your support items like Force Staff, Eul's, etc is incredibly powerful. Plus you add a Midas in there and he's got pretty good GPM even if you run him as a 5.

I just played a game where a Puck was level 22 by the 20m mark. You don't need pushers anymore because you outlevel towers so badly that right-clicks are all that is needed. You don't need lane supports anymore because roaming is way stronger and neutrals are almost irrelevant. Rosh doesn't really require any kind of strat anymore, same problem as with towers, you just outlevel him or walk in with an armor debuff and he will melt before any kind of counterplay can be formed. Moreover, you are punished so fucking severely for not having map control that playing from behind is no longer a thing... you just have to accept your loss.

Game's dead. I expect Longview to delete this sub-forum or merge it with the League of Legends one any minute now because there is honestly no difference. I can't even tell random solo queue shitters to take their limited attention span to League of Legends anymore because that is exactly what we are playing.

But hey, at least DOTA is ready for VR!

Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-12-15 at 03:01 AM.

Last edited by NarcissisticInvoker; 2016-12-19 at 05:39 AM.

i'd complain about the patch too, but i'm to busy enjoying tusks %500 walrus punch way to much.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Dunno, it usually takes Valve a year to get around to it, give or take.

Sometimes I get lucky with my predictions/rants, I guess.
    Turns out, calling people 3ks or 3k-trash doesn't make you a DotA god and making a proper analysis is not related with your rating. I am yet to see some spot on analysis of certain people claiming to be really high rating.

Deleted
    7.00 RIP Dota