Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been the richest I've ever been since I chanced a perfect pair of Skyforths about a week ago. Sunk half of it in to a Golemancer who's 88 and feel pretty good about it although I hate how fucking stupid the pets are and how they're constantly lagging behind even with increased minion speed jewelry. I wish I could reduce the cooldown on Convocation...

I figure that once I hit 90, I'll sell off all her shit then sink it in to a massively overgeared Cyclone build to work on the more difficult challenges which require more focus and survivability.

All roads lead me back to melee when it comes to PoE.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Now replace Firestorm with Icestorm (The Whispering Ice) and have a laugh, it's amazing
    I've heard people doing this, sounds like quite an investment for a leveling build though. My first character this league was whispering ice so I'm probably not going back to that for a bit, as fun as it was. The damage is definitely top tier and the permanent chill is amazing, but working int into every piece of your gear gets real annoying real fast imo.

I still can't believe primordial mights continue to fly off the shelves, the price has actually risen this weekend and has been hovering around 7 exalts in hardcore now. I sold my cospris malice for 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I still can't believe primordial mights continue to fly off the shelves, the price has actually risen this weekend and has been hovering around 7 exalts in hardcore now.
    Golems are generally set and forget with some fairly decent survivability so long as you don't outrun them and know how to convocate. The fact that they carpet-bomb everything that moves at range and slash everything up close makes them fairly lazy especially if you stack Harmony for the cooldown recovery and regen. It's also their greatest weakness though since they're targeting doesn't always pick up everything and a 360* breach can go from amazing to dead if you don't actively call them back or you're in a map with lots of rooms and convocation is on CD.

Most of my deaths can be avoided but their nuances will find a way to get you if you're not careful which can also grind away at their enjoyment over time.

I picked up a might today to make an anima stone with and hoping to get a second tomorrow, looking forward to seeing how they do myself even if it cost me my firstborn son to pay for them. Hopefully the hype dies down after this league once people remember they hate the crappy minion "AI" and go back to their blade flurry builds

Still need to do testing on harmony vs eminence. Do flame golems even have cooldowns? From my very brief observation it seems like they just cycle between their three or so attacks (orbs, incinerate, karate chop fire sunder thing) so I'm not sure cooldown reduction will even do anything on them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still need to do testing on harmony vs eminence. Do flame golems even have cooldowns? From my very brief observation it seems like they just cycle between their three or so attacks (orbs, incinerate, karate chop fire sunder thing) so I'm not sure cooldown reduction will even do anything on them?
    I'm not sure if there is an internal cooldown on their abilities but there is a cooldown on the skill itself which will be reduced and can be stacked with Harmony along with the regen so you're able to recast your Golem ability much quicker in the event that you run in to elemental reflect maps and Atziri. While they do have 20k health (which is a fair amount) and something like 13% regen/second, they simply put out far more damage than they can recover.

This is what their tooltip looks like at the moment:

Going by the Minion Damage Modifier under Misc each projectile attack for each Golem is 3212 - 8030 which is then multiplied by 40% (helm enchant) and up to 81% fire penetration. Even if they're only able to hit a boss with one or two projectiles each, they're firing like chainguns to make up for it. Not sure how this translates with their other attacks but I do know that it's killing Guardians dead.

My 290x literally starts to ramp up on the fan as soon as they engage a target. I know they're working when my graphics card is working.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-12-20 at 04:55 AM.

Now replace Firestorm with Icestorm (The Whispering Ice) and have a laugh, it's amazing
    I have an old build (now in Standard) that does this but converts to fire. Double dipping ftw, and you still get the slow from the impact effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I'm not sure if there is an internal cooldown on their abilities but there is a cooldown on the skill itself which will be reduced and can be stacked with Harmony along with the regen so you're able to recast your Golem ability much quicker in the event that you run in to elemental reflect maps and Atziri. While they do have 20k health (which is a fair amount) and something like 13% regen/second, they simply put out far more damage than they can recover.
    I'll have to test it then with like 7 cooldown jewels vs 0, should be obvious if it makes any difference. If they don't have cooldowns then it seems to make more sense to stack the attack speed jewels and get them to like 200% attack/cast speed. Maybe 1 or 2 CD jewels for the skill cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to test it then with like 7 cooldown jewels vs 0, should be obvious if it makes any difference. If they don't have cooldowns then it seems to make more sense to stack the attack speed jewels and get them to like 200% attack/cast speed. Maybe 1 or 2 CD jewels for the skill cooldown.
    Like I said, it's not so much whether they have an ICD on their abilities (some do, not sure about flamers though) but more about the skill timer itself being reduced. Instead of a flat 6 second cooldown to Summon Flame Golem, it takes 2.67 seconds with much room to improve in my case since my jewels range from 21 - 29% recovery speed and Flesh Offering to boost their cast speed. It might not sound like a lot but trust me when I say they'll wreck themselves on a regular basis even on yellow maps with reflect and the last thing you want is to be stuck in a Breach waiting on their skill to come back up or dancing with Atziri because they're nuking the mirror. The stacking regen simply helps mitigate reflect and the battle of attrition where their damage output is measured against their damage taken.

I mean, they both work. It's simply a matter of being more defensive or offensive in a build which will destroy the screen in either circumstances. if you actively avoid reflect maps then Eminence would be better but if you're like me and just throw whatever you roll in to the machine and go then I find Harmony to be a better choice now that I'm deep in red.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-12-20 at 02:31 PM.

I've heard people doing this, sounds like quite an investment for a leveling build though. My first character this league was whispering ice so I'm probably not going back to that for a bit, as fun as it was. The damage is definitely top tier and the permanent chill is amazing, but working int into every piece of your gear gets real annoying real fast imo.

I still can't believe primordial mights continue to fly off the shelves, the price has actually risen this weekend and has been hovering around 7 exalts in hardcore now. I sold my cospris malice for 8.
    Maybe it is different in BHC but here the prices are just fine. All that is mandatory is the staff (1 chaos) and a pyre (1 chaos) - everything else is just int gear with ES.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...112/characters

Here, you can have a look. This is endgame gear, everything on farm. Chest was 60c unlinked, neck was 50c, rest was all in the chaos range, it's been quite a cheap build for the content that it can do
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

So, I was looking at the Arc build that was posted, but I would prefer building lightning tendrils instead. How's their current viability?

Deleted
    Hmph, died my 85 Champion hours after I spent like 5 exalts transitioning him from warchief totem to flicker strike. Was mapping with a friend and Tul breach killed me in like 1,5 seconds, and he barely managed to log out before dying (he was playing a Righteous Fire Chieftain with ~3k HP/s regen and 8k+ health, too). Shadowplay fucked up so couldn't even double check what actually killed me.

In retrospect; if you want to play 2h flicker, try Kitava's Feast axe. It's awesome.

Maybe it is different in BHC but here the prices are just fine. All that is mandatory is the staff (1 chaos) and a pyre (1 chaos) - everything else is just int gear with ES.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...112/characters

Here, you can have a look. This is endgame gear, everything on farm. Chest was 60c unlinked, neck was 50c, rest was all in the chaos range, it's been quite a cheap build for the content that it can do
    Int gear with ES is insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanely expensive in HC because nobody plays life anymore. I played whispering ice until I died to promenade (God damnit) this league, and looking at your gear I would guess that would have costed 500-600c to put together at the time, granted this was already two weeks ago or whatever, and since exalts are 20c on hardcore you can see what an absurd price tag that is real fast. Tfw finding a Cospri's doesn't actually get you very far in upgrading your gear?

@ flame golems
    Finally put in a might on my new char, doesn't really feel like it does much so far but I have yet to test it indoors and other places where their extended AI might actually help.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-12-21 at 05:16 PM.

I am quite new to POE... and i did my first Tier 1 map today.... it went fine, but i have 1 question that i was wondering about after that.

I couldnt kill 1 elite in there because it was immune to main ability..... when this happen then i cant complete the map? or did i misunderstood the map system... arent you suppose to complete them by killing all minion?

To complete the map in terms of the Atlas you need to kill the boss of the map. There is no need to full clear every monster though. Not sure what monster you couldn't kill though so hard to tell if it was the boss or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Casually rolled some ES gear for my Hands of Wisdom and Action build...

Total cost ~70 chaos and 200 fuse. :P

Pretty decent helmet craft. I've been struggling to replace my old helm for a few levels now actually. No good deals/poor crafts. Damn my luck.

Feeling a little bored of my witch anyway. Might do a wander Shadow or something.

Lately I have been feeling that the weapon types in POE have all worn me out. I played everything; daggers, swords, dual wield, claws, 2h, SnB, bows, bow caster, southpaw, wands, rods, etc. Just about every variation of weapon use I have tried and played to at least the endgame.

Would really like some javelins (D2 style), martial arts, spears and maybe something exotic like chain weapons (meteor mace, spiked chain) to add some variety to the game.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-12-26 at 01:54 AM.

Really like the new claws and how you scale them with int. Think Chris said they struggle finding a good fit for new weapon types but if they find something that makes sense they will add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I couldnt kill 1 elite in there because it was immune to main ability..... when this happen then i cant complete the map? or did i misunderstood the map system... arent you suppose to complete them by killing all minion?
    There is no actual means to complete a map. You just run them till you got whatever you want out of them or open a new one. That is to say there is no condition by which you 'complete' a given map. Even choosing to not kill the map boss is possible; conversely, killing the map boss doesn't complete a map either.

The goal is a loot run at ever higher difficulties/penalties. Nothing more.

What to do. I seem to get bored playing my characters around the time i get them to merciless. Not at the start, though. Somewhere merciless act2 or act3. :I

Today I started my fourth character....

EDIT: Also... I notice there is some gift for everyone who has a poe account. I only have played on steam so I apparently needed to make an account on the official site and then link it.

When I try to link it, it says I already have linked account and doing so will delete my old account. I have never done this before and I don't really understand what is even going to happen. The steam account gets wiped? The just created account gets wiped? What?

Not gaining much by doing the link so unless I get 100% sure my steam account doesn't get wiped, I'm not going to do it. haven't bought anything and probably never will so I suppose it doesnt matter. Anyone know?
    Last edited by Morae; 2016-12-26 at 10:18 AM.

Think you have to contact support and have them unlink it, at least that's how it used to be.

Yeah, no.

Not going to bother with any of that since it really doesn't matter to me. I'll get around doing it, if I reaaaally want to spend some money on PoE some day. Besides... I may have to just wait for next season. I don't play standard. I can delete everything. What I will lose will be achievements, but really haven't cared about those ever.