Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ending for Stargate Universe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't know, I think they are too brutal for TV (yes, they are far more brutal than Game of Thrones)
    Agreed. Look at the shitstorm after the Red Wedding...

Now imagine the reaction to the Chain of Dogs.

For me, I'd LOVE a movie/franchise based around Miyamoto Musashi, but directed by Kazuaki Kiriya. His visual style, combined with the badassery of Musashi would be too much awesome.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

A movie based on a video game that isn't full of suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    A movie based on a video game that isn't full of suck.
    Last one that fit that criterium was the first Silent Hill movie. Those days are long past friend.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Last one that fit that criterium was the first Silent Hill movie. Those days are long past friend.
    More like the days haven't started yet. Haven't seen Silent Hill, so I won't comment on that, or Mortal Kombat, which a lot of people think is a fun movie, but I did quite like Warcraft, although I obviously am geared toward liking it more than the average unaware audience-member would be.

Eventually it will happen, because of course. But honestly, I can name very few games that I would actively want to see movies made from, Blizzard is one of the few game studios with expansive original worlds and franchises.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WArhammer 40k TV series based around the Dark Angels Space Marines and their hunt for the Fallen.

Wheel of Time

Young Justice Live Action

a US version of the South Korean show IRIS

a US version of the Japanese show Liar Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    More like the days haven't started yet. Haven't seen Silent Hill, so I won't comment on that, or Mortal Kombat, which a lot of people think is a fun movie, but I did quite like Warcraft, although I obviously am geared toward liking it more than the average unaware audience-member would be.

Eventually it will happen, because of course. But honestly, I can name very few games that I would actively want to see movies made from, Blizzard is one of the few game studios with expansive original worlds and franchises.
    There are definitely games that could benefit a lot from a good movie adaptation, especially plot driven ones like Bioshock/System Shock, Witcher, Starcraft, Mass Effect, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Revan movie would poop on every Star Wars movie since Episode VI), The Last of Us, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, Half Life, Deus Ex, Portal, Fallout, the list goes on.

The harsh cold reality is that people in charge of making movies, well, they aren't gamers.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, look at this and tell me there is no possibility for a movie adaptation. (Which by the way is not as stellar as the first Deus Ex which was simply a masterpiece, but it will do.)

A lot of the art is loaned by Blade Runner, but the point still stands.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-01-13 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Mass Effect Saga that doesn't suck.

How many good future militaristic sci-fi movies are there?

No Star Wars or Star Trek fancy lasers. I want high powered slugs, space marines, and alien monstrosities.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I want high powered slugs, space marines, and alien monstrosities.
    Starship Troopers?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

There are definitely games that could benefit a lot from a good movie adaptation, especially plot driven ones like Bioshock/System Shock, Witcher, Starcraft, Mass Effect, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Revan movie would poop on every Star Wars movie since Episode VI), The Last of Us, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, Half Life, Deus Ex, Portal, Fallout, the list goes on.

The harsh cold reality is that people in charge of making movies, well, they aren't gamers.

I mean, look at this and tell me there is no possibility for a movie adaptation. (Which by the way is not as stellar as the first Deus Ex which was simply a masterpiece, but it will do.)
    Most of this list has me go "eh", personally. Either the story is lacking or the universe is mostly generic enough for an original movie of that type to be able to do the shtick.

Warcraft animated TV show set between Third War and Vanilla, Clone Wars style, about a group of adventurers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Starship Troopers?
    I was thinking of that when I made my comment. Not enough space sci-fi movies like that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of that when I made my comment. Not enough space sci-fi movies like that.
    Yeah, most of them don't suck.

Seriously, Starship Troopers is the worst movie of that type I have ever seen.
    And I've seen Doom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch - the movie. live action.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Ending for Stargate Universe
    It did end: With most of us trying to bleach it from our memories.

The Belgariad. Would love to see that on the big screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Yeah, most of them don't suck.

Seriously, Starship Troopers is the worst movie of that type I have ever seen.
    And I've seen Doom.
    Pretty sure you haven't seen it, I don't know one person who didn't love it.

My guess is you saw the sequels or whatever, because Verhoeven's ST is a timeless classic.

Pretty sure you haven't seen it, I don't know one person who didn't love it.

My guess is you saw the sequels or whatever, because Verhoeven's ST is a timeless classic.
    I've seen it, I did not love it. It's a disgrace and an insult to the classic book it's based on. And honestly, the people I associate with share MY views, they certain do not love it either. It's in NO fucking way a "timeless classic".

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, I think too many Sci Fi movies these days try to be too grimdark and serious, they're afraid to embrace the vaguely camp tongue in cheek nature that made so many older films such enduring classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Indeed, I think too many Sci Fi movies these days try to be too grimdark and serious, they're afraid to embrace the vaguely camp tongue in cheek nature that made so many older films such enduring classics.
    I don't think that would work for most. The older movies get away with it because sci-fi wasn't held in too high a regard at the time.