Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    you're a joke, people dont yell at fat girls
    Damn. Got me. So edgy. Enjoy your ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No. My proof is that the entire fitness community considers it a problem. Women are taught to partner up when running because of this. Why are you so disinterested in admitting that it's a real problem? Do you do this and just consider it playing around or flirting? That's the only reason I can imagine a person dismissing the issue like you are.
    No, I'm dismissing it because you're over-blowing the entire issue. Frequency is very important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Looking down is bad running technique
    Not when drafting. Not if the woman I am drafting off of is paying attention. All I need to do to effectively draft, is match her pace. Have you never drafted?

Edit:
    What I should have asked is : Do you even draft bro?

Every now and then I'll see a girl jogging not too far behind me. I'm pretty sure it's for "cover" of a sort.
    *shrugs*
    I keep the pace and allow it since I try to be a gentleman every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Uh noo. We're humans not savage animals in the wild.
    You really really need to look into human behaviors over our history. We really are savage animals in our wild cities and worlds. It isn't pretty out there. It really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, I'm dismissing it because you're over-blowing the entire issue. Frequency is very important.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/running-while-female

According to runnersworld (the biggest running magazine), 43% of women report that they get whistled or yelled at "Always/often/sometimes". 56% said "rarely or never". So 43% of women get it more than "rarely". That's far too frequent. 3% of women report being physically grabbed at some point....that's 3% too many. 5% of women have had men expose themselves to the woman uninvited.....But please, go on and tell me that it's not a big deal.

In my town, buzzing runners is pretty common too. I've had to jump into streams and over guardrails a lot because people like to mess with runners.
    Yeah, I've had that every now and then too. It's pretty fucked. Personally, I find it a lot more terrifying on the bike, but it might be because my handling skills are pretty mediocre, but I'm pretty agile on foot. I don't really get why people think it's a cool thing to do in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, people you live in a some sort of a backwards world you if get harassed for doing sports. Also - there is a solution, if this problem is so wide-spread in your communities, create a public runs, like Parkrun does. Boom, problem solved. No need to cry and circlejerk it anymore
    I travel a lot for work, so I've seen all sorts of different areas. It's not something I get in the city I live in, but I see plenty of this shit during travel, people aren't bullshitting at all. Parkruns and similar events really aren't much of a solution for normal, everyday training.

Why? Are the other two ugly? joking..

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I've had that every now and then too. It's pretty fucked. Personally, I find it a lot more terrifying on the bike, but it might be because my handling skills are pretty mediocre, but I'm pretty agile on foot. I don't really get why people think it's a cool thing to do in general.
    Yeah for sure, I can move laterally on foot. When clipped in to my bike, it's pretty difficult to make any super fast adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Not when drafting. Not if the woman I am drafting off of is paying attention. All I need to do to effectively draft, is match her pace. Have you never drafted?

Edit:
    Drafting isn't really relevant in running unless you're running at ~6 minute/mile or less, maybe ~6:30 in a sufficiently long race. There are very few women that are running sub-6 miles in any sort of race outside of college level athletics. There are basically zero women jogging around town at a sub-6 pace. There's no reason to draft during a normal, easy paced run even if you're actually fast enough for it slightly enhance performance.

If you want to stare some chick's ass, that's understandable, but let's be clear, you're not drafting.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2017-01-16 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit:
    Not with complete strangers. On marathons - yes, sometimes, do not think that it helps tho but partners say that it does, so..., and even then i don't look down to see the feet or butt
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    We are animals. We can't forget this important fact. It is animal and human nature to be attracted to certain things.

While any physical and vocal harassment is not okay, there is nothing wrong with looking at, staring at, or admiring another human being. Compliments are okay too as long as they are not rude. If those things are not okay then we are failing as a human society and are forgetting that our goal as animals is to procreate and seek procreation.
    Don't be too sure soon enough it will be illegal to even look at a woman.. And well we have already failed as a society where once going to school was to learn now a days is about protesting, safe spaces and getting teachers fired because they did not share ones views.. Right now society is garbage now and it is only going to get worse..

Not with complete strangers. On marathons - yes, sometimes, do not think that it helps tho but partners say that it does, so..., and even then i don't look down to see the feet or butt
    Yeah, even there, running in groups is more about mitigating the cognitive fatigue of pacing than it is about drafting for anyone short of elite-level athletes. There's just not much benefit from a physics standpoint when you're running 7 minute miles, which most people aren't capable of for marathons. Not having to pay attention to pacing and being able to focus on an encouraging friend can definitely have benefits though. I've paced (and been paced) by people for workouts and races and it certainly helps to have them (or me) pay attention to the pacing and just focus on sticking on their shoulder.

This is all irrelevant in the context of following some girl around on trails though. That's pretty much just being creepy.

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-while-female

According to runnersworld (the biggest running magazine), 43% of women report that they get whistled or yelled at "Always/often/sometimes". 56% said "rarely or never". So 43% of women get it more than "rarely". That's far too frequent. 3% of women report being physically grabbed at some point....that's 3% too many. 5% of women have had men expose themselves to the woman uninvited.....But please, go on and tell me that it's not a big deal.
    No, its not a big deal that, of the women polled by a runners magazine, 43% of women get whistled at "always/often/sometimes." Hell, if they really wanted to show how awful this is, why would they even group it like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, you know. When a guy is out jogging and they see a woman out jogging, god forbid they think it's okay to walk up to them and start a conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Drafting isn't really relevant in running unless you're running at ~6 minute/mile or less, maybe ~6:30 in a sufficiently long race. There are very few women that are running sub-6 miles in any sort of race outside of college level athletics. There are basically zero women jogging around town at a sub-6 pace. There's no reason to draft during a normal, easy paced run even if you're actually fast enough for it slightly enhance performance.
    I can feel the difference, so, really, that is all that matters.

If you want to stare some chick's ass, that's understandable, but let's be clear, you're not drafting.
    Who said I was looking at some chick's ass? I specifically stated that I was looking at their feet!

I can feel the difference, so, really, that is all that matters.

Who said I was looking at some chick's ass? I specifically stated that I was looking at their feet!
    OK, if you're staring at someone's feet on a random training run because you think it makes you faster, I really don't know what to tell you. One thing I've learned about running is that people come up with all sorts of stupid theories.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2017-01-16 at 04:59 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The guy shouting whore was probably a rapefugee XD Top kek
    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Cmon man. There are kids browsing the website and this is what you're posting.
    Not to mention the article is about women in general not any singular one.
    Kids shouldn't be exposed to SAO, the worst anime of all time. Yet that's your profile pic.

Also what's with you and one in three statistics?
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2017-01-16 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Because, you know. When a guy is out jogging and they see a woman out jogging, god forbid they think it's okay to walk up to them and start a conversation.
    That's not what this is about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    It's a pretty weird thing to do. Unless you happen to be interacting with someone because you're obviously doing a similar workout or something, rolling up and talking to someone is obnoxious. Most people don't actually want to have a conversation with a stranger while running. I'd feel like a pretty creepy asshole talking to some girl that pretty much can't escape me and probably doesn't want to talk to me.