Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanbane View Post
    Mastery is last for ret, even behind versatility. Haste>crit>vers>mastery.
    Versatility is an amazing stat, what are you on about.

i myself and others can say HoV can pull more then FCM, HoV is a really really good Trinket
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...N2MzD#fight=24 (numbers don't lie)

Deleted
    Hey guys,

No logs, but general questions:

I'm Myz and I'm a Ret virgin. I've played a Shaman and a Mage for the majority of WoW. My Paladin has been an old alt of mine, but exclusively Prot/Holy.

I've returned after a 2 month break and I'm planning to play some casual Ret, but I still want to play to the best of my abilities. I've read Icy Veins/Wowhead, checked the Discord FAQ, and I have a general idea of how to play.

1) However, even at my paltry 13% Haste, I often find that even outside of Hero/Crusade I'm mashing my buttons to keep up with the Crusader Strike recharge and the frequency of Blade of Wrath procs. I think I mostly make the mistake of trying to keep both CS and BoJ on CD while I have 3 or more HP, instead of casting my spenders before casting CS(<2charges)/BoJ, which turns the spec into a more spammy version of its optimal play I suppose.

2) On a lot of low hp adds, do I always use Judgment before Divine Storm? Does the Judgment buff only buff the damage on the 1 target?

3) Is target switching a matter of planning Judgment usage? Why can't Judgment be a buff on the Paladin instead of a debuff on the target? :§

What are your generic tips for a new Ret pala?

Please help me to fix my DPS, i dont know what i am doing so wrong.

I see all the Paladin Logs with 400-500K and i am still only at 300 -350k (On the Raid Puppt i do 410K DPS)

I start playing again 1 Month ago , before i raided since classics with differnet melee characters , i was always very good with my class, i did insane dmg and was always one of the top DDs in my guild.

I want to play Ret this Addon cause i heard of the nice DPS the class does. But i cant get warm with it cause i deal no DPS, first i thought my gear sucks and my Artefact Weapon is to low.
    But since yesterday i have my second legendary and 880 Itemlevel. My Artefact weapon is still low at Level 31 , but the 5% Dmg increase wouldnt make it so much better. (350k +5% = 367K )

I know the Rotation well, sometimes i make little mistakes in the Rotation, but so much Dps lost? I am realy suck that hard?

Can someone say me what i did wrong?

I cant post Links here cause i am new...u can find logs from yesterday under the guild Name Der Schmale Grat , Server Dun Morogh EU.

My Arsenal Charakter Name is Adrasin , Guild Der Schmale Grat , Server Dun Morogh EU.

Would be nice if somebody can help me.

Sorry for my bad english!!!

Deleted
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Helmine/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: ES-Zeal-BL-BoW-EfaE-DI- Crusade
    Worldoflogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm doing something wrong here. Not sure what. Having trouble to find stuff out
    Description of Playstyle: Opener WoA - crusade - ES - spamming normally after.

Multiple fights there. take what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi.

We finally killed Mythic Cenarius today, logged at logs and noticed I was pretty low on the performance bracket, I started my 3rd crusade right as the boss was moments from dying.

I usually open up with BoJ>CS>Judgement+Crusade>TV>WoA>TV>CS(or BoJ if off cd)>TV.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=23

Any obvious issues?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I cant believe am that bad:

Simcraft said i must do ca. 420k DPS over 5 Minutes Patchwork as good Player(not Elite) without Bloodlust

On Single Raid Dummy i do about 360-370k DPS

Later i tried it with the Addon TellmeWhen and same Result 360-370k DPS

My Rotation on the Dummy(No wonder -no movemnet) is nearly perfect , no TV without Judgment , Cloak Buff so often i can.

My Artifact is only 31 but Simcraft knows that so that cant be the missing Point.

what did i wrong? How can i miss over 50K DPS

The only Thing i see in Simcraft is that Simcraft use Divine Storm and Shiled of Venegance oO

- - - Updated - - -

I changed nothing and now i do 400k dps , can it be that it depends how often u get procs from Blade of Wrath an TFoJ ? I run 15 Trys on dummy and got stats von 360-400k dps .
    Last edited by Adrasin; 2017-01-13 at 04:54 PM.

Ret sims assume you're able to get full damage from Shield of Vengeance on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrasin View Post
    I cant believe am that bad:

Simcraft said i must do ca. 420k DPS over 5 Minutes Patchwork as good Player(not Elite) without Bloodlust

On Single Raid Dummy i do about 360-370k DPS

Later i tried it with the Addon TellmeWhen and same Result 360-370k DPS

My Rotation on the Dummy(No wonder -no movemnet) is nearly perfect , no TV without Judgment , Cloak Buff so often i can.

My Artifact is only 31 but Simcraft knows that so that cant be the missing Point.

what did i wrong? How can i miss over 50K DPS

The only Thing i see in Simcraft is that Simcraft use Divine Storm and Shiled of Venegance oO

- - - Updated - - -

I changed nothing and now i do 400k dps , can it be that it depends how often u get procs from Blade of Wrath an TFoJ ? I run 15 Trys on dummy and got stats von 360-400k dps .

Are you testing on the target dummy with food, lust, and 2x old war pots? Cause if you're not, that would easily make up for the dps discrepancy; Simcraft assumes all those things by default, I believe.

I tested with all These Things, 2x Old War , Fel Rune, Strength Flask, Haste Food, same like Simcraft

Last night i tested again on Dummy , 10 Trys . I got again 360-400k dps ...the only thing i can imagine is that the DPS Range depends on the proc rates of BOW and TFOJ and my Crits. I never changed anything, how can it be that i have a so hard difference.

When i take the 400k DPS Trys and add the Shield of Venegance Dmg from Simcraft , then i am on the Simcraft Dmg.

Questions, concerns, expectations:
    In this log I have 99.29% active, but my dps is too low.
    I don't have any bis leg, and FCM is only 840 (bad luck).
    Weapon in 38.
    I didn't use CS this time, with simulationcraft, Zeal should do 4k+ damage. But even with CS my dps is low.
    Any tip to help me? Anything please !
    Description of Playstyle:
    Prepot, Blade of Justice,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Crusade + Templar's Verdict,Wake of Ashes,Templar's Verdict,Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, then keep default rotation.

Can't post direct links, sorry (just copy and paste).
    Armory Link:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Barb%C3%A3o/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#bba!0001101!bZ
    Worldoflogs Link:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/NzmMPHRXh9C2Kf4D#fight=34&type=damage-done
    Last edited by Barbao; 2017-01-16 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbao View Post
    Questions, concerns, expectations:
    In this log I have 99.29% active, but my dps is too low.
    I don't have any bis leg, and FCM is only 840 (bad luck).
    Weapon in 38.
    I didn't use CS this time, with simulationcraft, Zeal should do 4k+ damage. But even with CS my dps is low.
    Any tip to help me? Anything please !
    Description of Playstyle:
    Prepot, Blade of Justice,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Crusade + Templar's Verdict,Wake of Ashes,Templar's Verdict,Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, then keep default rotation.

Can't post direct links, sorry (just copy and paste).
    Armory Link:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Barb%C3%A3o/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#bba!0001101!bZ
    Worldoflogs Link:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/NzmMPHRXh9C2Kf4D#fight=34&type=damage-done
    Swarming plaguehive is crap for us now (used to proc off GBM which is now gone), ditch it for your FCM even though its 840.
    You wasted 6 hp with wake of ashes, that's 2 extra TV's.
    Your strength is super low, you're about 3-4k behind people around your ilvl.
    Execution sentence is a better single target talent than Final verdict, by quite a margin. Even when the nerf hits ES is ahead.

That's a starting point from a quick glance over everything.

Thank you very much for you answer !
    Just one more thing:
    Correct if I'm wrong. I think my real problem is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Your strength is super low, you're about 3-4k behind people around your ilvl.
    How can I solve this ? (Assuming ilvl stay the same)

Because 2 TV and Execution sentence dont change my total damage in 8M+, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbao View Post
    Thank you very much for you answer !
    Just one more thing:
    Correct if I'm wrong. I think my real problem is:

How can I solve this ? (Assuming ilvl stay the same)

Because 2 TV and Execution sentence dont change my total damage in 8M+, right ?
    Neither of your trinkets has any strength on it. I'd at least get one with some strength. You look like you have str enchanted on what you can so besides that I'm not sure.

Deleted
    Hi guys, I' here for a gear and stat info! I'm a 884 ret with these stat:
    30% crit - 20% haste - 25% mastery - 5% versatility

My best try in a dps check is 475k on Heroic Gwarm. My question is: is FCM (875) still good after AW nerf? Now i'm using Horn of Valor(865) for its versatility and 3.3k of strenght cause i think that it has a best improve on burst phase instead of the first one.

Thanks for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    Neither of your trinkets has any strength on it. I'd at least get one with some strength. You look like you have str enchanted on what you can so besides that I'm not sure.
    Thank soo much ! You are awesome !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gariusello View Post
    Hi guys, I' here for a gear and stat info! I'm a 884 ret with these stat:
    30% crit - 20% haste - 25% mastery - 5% versatility

My best try in a dps check is 475k on Heroic Gwarm. My question is: is FCM (875) still good after AW nerf? Now i'm using Horn of Valor(865) for its versatility and 3.3k of strenght cause i think that it has a best improve on burst phase instead of the first one.

Thanks for your answers
    Avenging wrath was never nerfed, the belt legendary was nerfed.
    FCM is generally considered better than HoV. You can have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lview?sle=true

Also note, that once you get the trinket Convergence of Fates (which is going to be our best trinket in nighthold by a long long way), on use trinkets are devalued (with the shortened avenging wrath cd). At that point a stat stick or one of the other nighthold trinkets is preferable over either HoV or FCM.
    Last edited by Nition; 2017-01-17 at 09:44 AM.

gonna say goodbye for my HoV and FCM trinkets ... sniff sniff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Avenging wrath was never nerfed, the belt legendary was nerfed.
    FCM is generally considered better than HoV. You can have a look here.
    Also note, that once you get the trinket Convergence of Fates (which is going to be our best trinket in nighthold by a long long way), on use trinkets are devalued (with the shortened avenging wrath cd). At that point a stat stick or one of the other nighthold trinkets is preferable over either HoV or FCM.
    Oh, my big mistake! I was sure that WA was nerfed too, my apologize So, I'll equip FCM instead of HoV. My second trinket is 865 memento and for now i think is the best second one, until NH open. Thanks for the trinket's doc, it's really good

Quote Originally Posted by Gariusello View Post
    Oh, my big mistake! I was sure that WA was nerfed too, my apologize So, I'll equip FCM instead of HoV. My second trinket is 865 memento and for now i think is the best second one, until NH open. Thanks for the trinket's doc, it's really good
    FCM and EoC are BiS until NH.