Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    bis legendarys are still weaker then bis trinkets for most classes, so i dont really see any issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I love it. I love the thunder/war/titan forged upgrade system. Every time I play on any character I have a chance at 1) an upgrade and 2) a legendary. For me that brings excitement.
    I Agree, it makes me want to play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Not that much.

Back in the days, you "only" needed to get the right drops, and win the loot roll.

ahahahha

I play since Vanilla and was raid and guild leader of the best server guild at the time. In dozens and dozens of Molten Core clears we got 8 Thunderfury Bindings from Geddon and 0 from Garr and only 1 Hammer from Rag.

We also got the offhand Glaive from Illidan 4 times and the mainhand 0.

Not that much RNG, alright.

It's so good to get "the true" around here for once. Usually all we get is biased and stupid opinion. Thanks, OP!

By now you should have plenty. It sucked early, but if you haven't gotten what you need by now then you have less and less right to bitch.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    ahahahha

I play since Vanilla and was raid and guild leader of the best server guild at the time. In dozens and dozens of Molten Core clears we got 8 Thunderfury Bindings from Geddon and 0 from Garr and only 1 Hammer from Rag.

We also got the offhand Glaive from Illidan 4 times and the mainhand 0.

Not that much RNG, alright.
    I'm, not talking about the legendaries here, i'm talking about the regular Loot and the RNG involved in getting regular, epic gear.

Furthermore, as I said before, legendaries were changed with Wrath. From Ulduar up you had pretty predictable quest chains for the legendaries. This is the trend I mean. Classic started with moderate RNG regarding regular loot, and a lottery regarding legendaries. They then introduced more and more systems to combat RNG (sockets and badges with BC, not sure when exactly reforging was added, and finally valor upgrades in MoP) and give you more ways to get better gear that are not that extremely based around RNG.

They turned around 180° during MoP and started making gear more and more RNG based again to a point where the normal gear is more RNG dependent then ever, and with legendaries they also did this turn around.

And thats exactly my point. They first kept making it better until it was pretty good during Wrath up until MoP, and then they started to destroy it more and more, and culminated in Legions completely botched gearing system.

there is a bit of a 'i want it now' attitude going on, reel that shit in, there is still a whole year most likely to get the legendary you want, most likely won't even be a problem until the last tier where they can go overboard with the scaling.

as far as i'm aware the content isn't balanced around legendaries. in other words you don't NEED them to progress, they are just 'nice to have' even the shit ones are good as stat sticks if you've got a low ilvl in that slot.

so you get a crap legendary, thats one less from the list of crap ones that you'll get next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    I think the best part is that if the color of all these items was purple, people wouldn't care nearly as much. But because it's orange, everyone loses their goddamn minds over them.

In every previous expansion, there was most likely someone with better gear than you. Someone had that better trinket through Warforging in Hellfire, someone had that heroic tier piece to your normal tier piece, or someone got that lucky weapon drop and your group never saw that weapon drop again. But instead of complaining that "OMG THE BOSS NEVER DROPS MY BIS TRINKET AND ITS NOT FAIR THE OTHER ROGUES ALL HAVE A GOOD SOUL CAPACITOR" people just fucking dealt with the problem.

All Blizzard did was give you the same crap RNG they've always given you, color it orange instead of purple, and suddenly everyone loses their shit because someone else got a good one and they got something that is still an upgrade 90% of the time but doesn't have the exact fancy effect that they wanted on their item. It's like complaining that someone has the same trinket as you but their trinket Titanforged 15 levels higher; you both have something nice, they just got lucky with the RNG and you didn't. Deal with it and just play the game!
    Sorry man but this doesn't make ANY sense, if it was purple instead of orange it would be the same crap. The problem isn't the colour and not even how powerful they are but how you acquire them.

If they make a system that makes you have some control over which one you are going to get all the whines thread would be gone and everyone would be happy. Even increasing the amount of legendaries you get would solve it, if instead of 1 month it would take 2 weeks on average to get one that would be just fine.

I'm doing LFR/normal/heroic/mythic EN, TOV, NH just to max my chances to get legendaries, in the same time I could do more M+ or play some alts that I've been neglecting all expansion which is far more fun than doing the same raid I'm already doing on mythic on my main on lower difficulties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Yes, but it will remain like this probably for the entirity of the expansion, so why whine about it every day with a new thread? It isn't changing, and whining on a fan forum they don't read won't make one iota of difference. Every possible argument for an against has been made now, so this is really just flogging a dead horse. In fact, the horse has been flogged so much now, we are just whipping bone.
    Because if it is something that brings frustration for a good chunk of the playerbase, they will vent from time to time. It's reasonable. Have you ever thought on skipping those kind of threads instead of complaining about people coming over to vent their frustration on a crappy game system regularly? Who do you think is the one being unreasonable ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    Sorry man but this doesn't make ANY sense, if it was purple instead of orange it would be the same crap. The problem isn't the colour and not even how powerful they are but how you acquire them.

If they make a system that makes you have some control over which one you are going to get all the whines thread would be gone and everyone would be happy. Even increasing the amount of legendaries you get would solve it, if instead of 1 month it would take 2 weeks on average to get one that would be just fine.

I'm doing LFR/normal/heroic/mythic EN, TOV, NH just to max my chances to get legendaries, in the same time I could do more M+ or play some alts that I've been neglecting all expansion.
    Agree, i actually like the legendaries themselves, it's the collection system where i think the fault lies in.

Deleted
    At this point msot people have already 4-6 legendaries, so the have at least one BiS. There is no problem with legendaries right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    By now you should have plenty. It sucked early, but if you haven't gotten what you need by now then you have less and less right to bitch.
    Erhm.. no ? If you got only crappy legendaries, and you know how the DR for legendary items work, you would actually feel worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Because if it is something that brings frustration for a good chunk of the playerbase, they will vent from time to time. It's reasonable. Have you ever thought on skipping those kind of threads instead of complaining about people coming over to vent their frustration on a crappy game system regularly? Who do you think is the one being unreasonable ?

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, i actually like the legendaries themselves, it's the collection system where i think the fault lies in.
    Legendaries are amazing in the way they change your rotation and empower your class and I don't understand why they should be a privilege for lucky people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If anything you have more right to bitch. It has been 5 months since legion started and I still haven't got the legendaries I need, how much do I have to wait untill I get lucky aswell?
    If before you could say wait and you eventually will get them, now you have all the rights to be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    At this point msot people have already 4-6 legendaries, so the have at least one BiS. There is no problem with legendaries right now.
    I've got 4 and they're the 4 worst. Actually of the 3 shadowpriests in my guild, only 1 has a legendary ranked in the top 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    I'm, not talking about the legendaries here, i'm talking about the regular Loot and the RNG involved in getting regular, epic gear.

Furthermore, as I said before, legendaries were changed with Wrath. From Ulduar up you had pretty predictable quest chains for the legendaries. This is the trend I mean. Classic started with moderate RNG regarding regular loot, and a lottery regarding legendaries. They then introduced more and more systems to combat RNG (sockets and badges with BC, not sure when exactly reforging was added, and finally valor upgrades in MoP) and give you more ways to get better gear that are not that extremely based around RNG.

They turned around 180° during MoP and started making gear more and more RNG based again to a point where the normal gear is more RNG dependent then ever, and with legendaries they also did this turn around.

And thats exactly my point. They first kept making it better until it was pretty good during Wrath up until MoP, and then they started to destroy it more and more, and culminated in Legions completely botched gearing system.
    Guilds have also waited months for Ashkandi or similiar weapons and trinkets and set pieces to drop from bosses which could really only be killed once per week, not 4 times on different difficulties. And you competed with 40 players for loot.

Gearing up is easier than it ever was and very few of the legendaries are an insane boost over the rest, even the BiS ones. Only a few classes have one that make a huge difference over others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    Legendaries are amazing in the way they change your rotation and empower your class and I don't understand why they should be a privilege for lucky people.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything you have more right to bitch. It has been 5 months since legion started and I still haven't got the legendaries I need, how much do I have to wait untill I get lucky aswell?
    If before you could say wait and you eventually will get them, now you have all the rights to be pissed.
    very very few of the legendaries actually change the rotation or anything besides a dmg buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    very very few of the legendaries actually change the rotation or anything besides a dmg buff
    He is referring to BiS legendaries. Of course this is not true to all classes, but the "very few" are the legendaries which are only a net %flat damage increase.

Ie - Fire mage --- The 3 top legendaries change the rotation and add extra layers.

Stop caring about being #1 all the time and maybe you'll enjoy it.

Worst system to ever be added to the game, no contest, from my perspective.

Luckily it took me a few weeks to figure that out and quit. I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Worst system to ever be added to the game, no contest, from my perspective.

Luckily it took me a few weeks to figure that out and quit. I'm not the only one.
    lol what a joke. You must be terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    wasnt there a megathread about this or something?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yeah, but there's a legendary megathread so the forum doesn't get spammed with pointless threads

"Where meaningful dialogue goes to die" Megathreads are cancer for actual discussion. No one will read your good feedback on page 374 of 1291.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    lol what a joke. You must be terrible.
    He's not wrong, Try arguing instead of lobbing insults.