Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    My friends jokingly call that part of I-5 Cowschwitz... I wonder if kids from that area come up with most of those Pepe+Holocaust memes
    Fuck I know. I used to live up in the mountains just east of Bakersfield.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Good job.
    Education is important.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah the part the State that votes Republican!

Oh wait...
    The north bit is also a bit red, but I don't even know what's out there. Woods and deer and shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The north bit is also a bit red, but I don't even know what's out there. Woods and deer and shit?
    It's just grizzly bears and schools.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It's just grizzly bears and schools.
    There's the Emerald Triangle up there too... well until Jeff Sessions shuts all that down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    "What if we just BUY the Banana Stickers!" that's actually a good analogy for these people.

- - - Updated - - -

I know right! Only people who have done something with their lives and made Money should have to pay their way in the World!
    Most rich people (as in the SUPER rich), the ones us "silly liberals" want paying their fair share, didn't get where they are by hard work. They're old money, inherited millions or property empires from their parents or have made a concerted effort over decades to fuck over the little guy on their rise to the top.

The clowns on Wall Street get rich through gamey computer algorithms and imaginary ghost money they pull out of their arses. The Koch Brothers and the Waltons get rich by fucking an entire nation by not paying their fair share of tax, ruining the environment and ironically screwing over the free market by basically unmatchable buying power and armies of lawyers and lobbyists.The George W Bushes and Donald Trumps get rich by getting millions in loans and inheritances from their families then going bankrupt multiple times.

They get off easy and they shouldn't. The end.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Most rich people (as in the SUPER rich), the ones us "silly liberals" want paying their fair share, didn't get where they are by hard work. They're old money, inherited millions or property empires from their parents or have made a concerted effort over decades to fuck over the little guy on their rise to the top.
    and What is "fair share" to you? You pay $1000 in Tax and they pay $2million? doesn't really seem a "fair" share. Seems more jealousy of useless people wanting successful people to fork out Money for them to waste time in College doing a degree that likely won't help them in Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    and What is "fair share" to you? You pay $1000 in Tax and they pay $2million? doesn't really seem a "fair" share. Seems more jealousy of useless people wanting successful people to fork out Money for them to waste time in College doing a degree that likely won't help them in Life.

OK, I'll put it in these terms: Every person who gets access to the American economy is getting a privilege. They are getting access to a middle class with disposable income to buy their shit because they are well fed, defended by a well-funded military and enforced rule of law.

Because we're not all... Well, cunts, we have to realise that we're part of a collective society. There is a certain duty of care that comes with being an employer or being someone in a position of power. If you have money, lobbyists, property portfolios, access to people in positions of power as a consequence of your wealth, you just by definition have more power than Joe Average middle-income earner. That power isn't a right and you can't legitimately make an argument that everyone IN those positions right now earned or has a right to that power.

A good example: The Waltons could voluntarily pay their staff across the country a living wage, they could, but they won't. Because fuck those people, that's why. Amiright?

So what happens? All those staff working shitty, thankless jobs have to go off and get food stamps. Those food stamps are what bring those workers up to a survivable standard of living. Who pays for those food stamps? The government. by proxy, you. In essence the Waltons become the biggest welfare cheats and dole bludgers in the entire country because they get the government to cross-subsidize their wage bill.

Wall Street tanks the economy? You pay to bail them out. Oil pipeline ever bursts? You'll pay to clean it up. Military industrial complex wants a few trillion in military kickbacks? It's your sons and daughters that'll get thrown into a Middle-Eastern meat grinder for a decade to make it happen.

...And the reason you're paying for all that is because they don't. They offshore their money. They lobby for tax cuts and deregulation. Meanwhile your wages don't keep pace with inflation. Basic things become less affordable.

"Fair" is hard to quantify but it certainly isn't "fair" now.

And to be honest I'm going to fully admit that I'm OK (to a point) with my taxes going to people earning useless degrees. Why? Because educated people have less children they can't support. They generally contribute more to society over the course of their lives. They make better decisions. They have informed opinions. In short I'd rather live in a country with less stupid people.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2017-02-10 at 04:26 AM.

There's three people in a room. Two of them have $1 each and the third has $10, the ones with $1 decide to gang up and demand the third gives them each $3. They now all have $4 and are all equal. The two with $1 to begin with have never worked or produced a good or service. The latter had worked 8 hour days for a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    OK, I'll put it in these terms: Every person who gets access to the American economy is getting a privilege. They are getting access to a middle class with disposable income to buy their shit because they are well fed, defended by a well-funded military and enforced rule of law.

Because we're not all... Well, cunts, we have to realise that we're part of a collective society. There is a certain duty of care that comes with being an employer or being someone in a position of power. If you have money, lobbyists, property portfolios, access to people in positions of power as a consequence of your wealth, you just by definition have more power than Joe Average middle-income earner. That power isn't a right and you can't legitimately make an argument that everyone IN those positions right now earned or has a right to that power.

A good example: The Waltons could voluntarily pay their staff across the country a living wage, they could, but they won't. Because fuck those people, that's why. Amiright?

So what happens? All those staff working shitty, thankless jobs have to go off and get food stamps. Those food stamps are what bring those workers up to a survivable standard of living. Who pays for those food stamps? The government. by proxy, you. In essence the Waltons become the biggest welfare cheats and dole bludgers in the entire country because they get the government to cross-subsidize their wage bill.

Wall Street tanks the economy? You pay to bail them out. Oil pipeline ever bursts? You'll pay to clean it up. Military industrial complex wants a few trillion in military kickbacks? It's your sons and daughters that'll get thrown into a Middle-Eastern meat grinder for a decade to make it happen.

...And the reason you're paying for all that is because they don't. They offshore their money. They lobby for tax cuts and deregulation. Meanwhile your wages don't keep pace with inflation. Basic things become less affordable.

"Fair" is hard to quantify but it certainly isn't "fair" now.

And to be honest I'm going to fully admit that I'm OK (to a point) with my taxes going to people earning useless degrees. Why? Because educated people have less children they can't support. They generally contribute more to society over the course of their lives. They make better decisions. They have informed opinions. In short I'd rather live in a country with less stupid people.
    I wouldn't think doing degrees in the arts, gender studies and the like, would make you profoundly "educated" and less stupid. People learning how to behave and being decent people within society would help.

10+ Year Old Account
    goats. lots and lots of ugly goats.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    So it's not free.

Man, liberals love other people's money.
    madness my friend, why would possibly those lazy bummers need education for? i say LET THE BITCHES PAY FOR IT!

so the million dollar question, what is the difference between:

A)a country in which the state is small and weak it's barely able to provide for it's citizens and won't bother trying, therefore the taxes are low and flat: rich or poor it doesn't matter none touches your money

among the population there are some who are scandalously rich and some live in absolute misery, below human standards, homeless, sick and filthy

public education and healthcare are minimal to non-existant, basically if you can't afford it you're probably condemned to sickness and illiteracy

employer's are 'free' to do whatever they see fit with their workplaces with no regulation whatsoever, no minimum wage, no 8hrs max, no matternity leaves, they can fire you whenever the fuck they want to,so you want to make money bitch? WORK for it, i don't assume you want to have a life yes? 12 hours per day bitch, if the slaves of old can do it so can you

there is no such thing as a guaranteed minimum pension for the elderly: you got old with no savings? who knows how you loser spent your money, deal with it

B)a third world country (hint: all third world countries have some EXTREMELY rich people, total winners, they drive golden lamborhini's and shoot things from their helicopters when bored)

to be clear i'm not implying that USA is country A, it's not however if certain political beliefs like the ones you seem to have got out of hand would it be so far?

and all that for? avoid taxing someone who's about to earn over 5 million? is it so hard to get that someone's right to education is more important than someone's right to pay 10.000$ for each of his wife's plastic boobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    madness my friend, why would possibly those lazy bummers need education for? i say LET THE BITCHES PAY FOR IT!

so the million dollar question, what is the difference between:

A)a country in which the state is small and weak it's barely able to provide for it's citizens and won't bother trying, therefore the taxes are low and flat: rich or poor it doesn't matter none touches your money

among the population there are some who are scandalously rich and some live in absolute misery, below human standards, homeless, sick and filthy

public education and healthcare are minimal to non-existant, basically if you can't afford it you're probably condemned to sickness and illiteracy

employer's are 'free' to do whatever they see fit with their workplaces with no regulation whatsoever, no minimum wage, no 8hrs max, no matternity leaves, they can fire you whenever the fuck they want to,so you want to make money bitch? WORK for it, i don't assume you want to have a life yes? 12 hours per day bitch, if the slaves of old can do it so can you

there is no such thing as a guaranteed minimum pension for the elderly: you got old with no savings? who knows how you loser spent your money, deal with it

B)a third world country (hint: all third world countries have some EXTREMELY rich people, total winners, they drive golden lamborhini's and shoot things from their helicopters when bored)

to be clear i'm not implying that USA is country A, it's not however if certain political beliefs like the ones you seem to have got out of hand would it be so far?

and all that for? avoid taxing someone who's about to earn over 5 million? is it so hard to get that someone's right to education is more important than someone's right to pay 10.000$ for each of his wife's plastic boobs?
    a) I would not mind if my taxes paid for the education of people doing degrees which give value to the economy and the society as a whole. This has the added effect of the people generally in the desired degrees to potentially earn a lot of money, which will be taxed and fed back into the system they benefited from. It would be stupid to give "free" university education to degrees which don't have a large demand or benefit to society.

The scenario of minimum wage and no max working hours would be great and the lesser regulations too. I don't see anything wrong with two consenting people agreeing upon a wage they both deem appropriate. Minimum wage forces an employer to not hire someone if they do not believe their skill/service produces more value than it costs. There should be regulation on people being exploited however.

Why is it the governments problem if you don't know how to manage your money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth7690 View Post
    There's three people in a room. Two of them have $1 each and the third has $10, the ones with $1 decide to gang up and demand the third gives them each $3. They now all have $4 and are all equal. The two with $1 to begin with have never worked or produced a good or service. The latter had worked 8 hour days for a year.
    A better analogy is that the third person has $10,000,000 and has never done an honest day's work in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Most of right wingers in this thread - Deliberate Obtuseness: The Novel.

Yeah, because taxes are theft. Let's drop them then and everything they fund. Who needs infrastructure lel. What's the point in earning things when the boogeyman guberment will just steal your money and build roads for the people who cry about not wanting to pick themselves by the bootstraps and travelling on foot.
    Why is this bad? It's great to have firemen charge you a fee before putting out your fire or saving your cat, capitalism man.

Oh, and it would be fun to watch policemen going door-to-door for protection fees.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by thetruth7690 View Post
    a) I would not mind if my taxes paid for the education of people doing degrees which give value to the economy and the society as a whole. This has the added effect of the people generally in the desired degrees to potentially earn a lot of money, which will be taxed and fed back into the system they benefited from. It would be stupid to give "free" university education to degrees which don't have a large demand or benefit to society.

The scenario of minimum wage and no max working hours would be great and the lesser regulations too. I don't see anything wrong with two consenting people agreeing upon a wage they both deem appropriate. Minimum wage forces an employer to not hire someone if they do not believe their skill/service produces more value than it costs. There should be regulation on people being exploited however.

Why is it the governments problem if you don't know how to manage your money?
    well regulations are like seatbelts, it's easy to claim they're useless till turbulence hits, in crises which all economies will eventually come to, unemployment rises and the employers are left with too much power over the employees, when your choice is be exploited working your ass off 12hrs per day for a low salary or tell your children that you cannot afford dinner, 'sorry kids only 2 meals a day' you have no choice, you just accept their terms for your family's sake and you become just another sad story

the stereotype wants those people to be 'losers' but when unemployment climbs over a point every worker is replacable and every job is priceless, it doesn't matter how qualified you are, the jobs that demand highly qualified personnel are usually the first to disappear in times of crisis, i have seen first hand people who embody right wing values, highly qualified,experienced and responsible professionals that always put their career above all get fired simply due to their position ceasing to exist, the result was them being sometimes unemployed sometimes working their ass off for miserable amounts of money, barely enough to cover a family's basic needs

there's simply no room for everyone under such conditions and it's disgusting that some people are desperate for a job and others are forced to work for 12+ hours per day and the state is powerless to interfere

and this is where the far right shows it's ugly head and if the said people have only practical skills instead of humanitarian studies that are not on demand on the market and you seem to consider (?) of no further benefit to society are prone to it's fear mongering and scapegoat rhetorics, it's a lot safer to 'immunize' those people to neo-nazi shit instead of having them not turn to it only if their life quality is high, because education is permanent (and pretty cheap to teach philosophy, political science and history too, you don't even need labs or computers) while money is not

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We can read just fine. You said that this tax was stealing. You didn't actually provide any reasoning for that opinion though and as soon as anyone presses you on it you just get super defensive about it. So, I'll ask you directly. What makes this tax stealing when other taxes are not?
    I'll take "(inconsistent) reasons" for $200, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven French View Post
    No actually I didn't, was this thread about taxes period? Or was it about a specific tax that funds "free college". Reading is hard.
    But the thread wasn't the bit in question. Your post was. And your post was about taxes that give people "free things". It's not other people's fault you didn't narrow it down further and no amount of tears you spill will make people mocking your idiotic post a straw-man just because it rightfully makes you look like a fool.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-02-10 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But the thread wasn't the bit in question. Your post was. And your post was about taxes that give people "free things". It's not other people's fault you didn't narrow it down further and no amount of tears you spill will make people mocking your idiotic post a straw-man just because it rightfully makes you look like a fool.
    Uh oh, still angry about that steak thread?

I wonder if this free college is an economic thing?

There's no cheap housing in San Francisco these days, an apartment that measured 15 feet by 12 feet went for $350k. People pay $2,000 a month for rent, maybe San Francisco can't get enough students, students who have plenty of choices for colleges to go to where the cost of living is very cheap.

Maybe the college in San Francisco was running out of students?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a small start, but it's good.

OMG using tax money to benefit society! The horror!
    I fail to see the benefit to the society.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I fail to see the benefit to the society.
    Most people like yourself prefer an ignorant society..not surprising really.