Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Eh, I'd say that with the new system, KEEPING it makes less sense. The Resist nerf was part of the scaling from Normal to Cruel to Merciless.
    They could remove it but then again it would require you to start at -60 or a complete re-balance of resist affixes. If not the gear requirement to cap resists would be 2x tri res items...

Great news getting six new acts(though i really didn't mind the grind through cruel and merciless). Hoping we get some form of in-game optimized trade system announced next.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Great news getting six new acts(though i really didn't mind the grind through cruel and merciless). Hoping we get some form of in-game optimized trade system announced next.
    apparently not, they are supposed to be trying stuff on the china realm and xbox release but from what they said they don't think it's quite right

Something i've not seen mentioned here is the 2.6.0 legacy league
    Which according to the news so far will allow you to choose three previous league types from 17 and apparently may come with mods like added breaches...also allows you to try snag old league specific uniques

Holy flying fuck. That's way beyond any expectation i could have. This plus SSF leagues i'm done.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Its awesome news, but keep in mind, its not 5 total new acts.... the location is reused, but ofcouse its new bosses quest and so on.. so really cool anyway, and they are really giving D3 a run now

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Its awesome news, but keep in mind, its not 5 total new acts.... the location is reused, but ofcouse its new bosses quest and so on.. so really cool anyway, and they are really giving D3 a run now
    Who cares about reused locations. In an ARPG you farm the most efficient ones and tilesets are always reused - so really, it's completely not an issue. And yes, D3 team should be ashamed of what GGG is doing.

D3 has some strong points (biggest ones are the skill effects and combat fluidity) but hell in terms of content and gameplay GGG is setting completely new standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Six acts... Holy Balls. That's a lot to do.

The modular defense system intrigues me highly. I kinda hope it's not strictly linear and gives some flexibility in how you advance your divine defense (or whatever it's called).
    Can you give some more details /link about the bolded part?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Who cares about reused locations. In an ARPG you farm the most efficient ones and tilesets are always reused - so really, it's completely not an issue. And yes, D3 team should be ashamed of what GGG is doing.

D3 has some strong points (biggest ones are the skill effects and combat fluidity) but hell in terms of content and gameplay GGG is setting completely new standards.
    never said it was an issue ... just info for those who thought it was and agree with everything else you just said
    Last edited by Schalde; 2017-02-15 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    never said it was an issue ... just info for those who thought it was and agree with everything else you just said
    Ok, point taken Really. I cannot wait for 2.6 first and 3.0 in june.

I only have one complaint with this announcement of 3.0.....

... they announced it to early, I mean damnit GGG, you're making me wait almost half a year more for this

And then to think I was already so happy to have 5 acts and cruel removed...

"Chris, how should we solve the problem of difficulties being repetitive in ARPG's"

"Make 10 acts"

"Bu...But Chris, that will take years!"

"Bitch, did I stutter?"

On a different note:

Die Mull_Gubben
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-02-15 at 12:57 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Can you give some more details /link about the bolded part?
    There are a bunch of God's, 12 major and 12 minor. Each one grants a defensive power when you defeat that God. You fill out the godly pantheon in this way. Allowing the player to freely select the defensive bonus of each God in turn.

However, one can only have one major and one minor God power active at once. But you can still collect all their powers; able to swap as needed in town to suit your needs.

No other info is given.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I don't know what that means . But do it, what's the worst that can happen?
    That i find myself dying and dying alone in normal XD Anyway it's just trying to use all "herald" skills (Ice, Lightning, Ashes). I suppose Templar or Marauder are the best choices to do something like that due to the huge elemental damage node they have near their starting point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There are a bunch of God's, 12 major and 12 minor. Each one grants a defensive power when you defeat that God. You fill out the godly pantheon in this way. Allowing the player to freely select the defensive bonus of each God in turn.

However, one can only have one major and one minor God power active at once. But you can still collect all their powers; able to swap as needed in town to suit your needs.

No other info is given.
    Ok, much clearer. it's part of the new 3.0 endgame so nthing to worry about right now. I'll just proceed with my Scion and experiment stuff to use later with my SSF Shadow char.

EDIT: i DEFINITELY need to run normal lab.

That i find myself dying and dying alone in normal XD Anyway it's just trying to use all "herald" skills (Ice, Lightning, Ashes). I suppose Templar or Marauder are the best choices to do something like that due to the huge elemental damage node they have near their starting point.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, much clearer. it's part of the new 3.0 endgame so nthing to worry about right now. I'll just proceed with my Scion and experiment stuff to use later with my SSF Shadow char.
    A character build around just herald of thunder is pretty good, and an absolute beast in pvp if that is your thing - it ignores all block and dodge on people/monsters alike

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1661497

using all 3 doesn't really work (ash scaling of physical and the other 2 not) but you can ice+thunder and ignore the ash
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    A character build around just herald of thunder is pretty good, and an absolute beast in pvp if that is your thing - it ignores all block and dodge on people/monsters alike

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1661497

using all 3 doesn't really work (ash scaling of physical and the other 2 not) but you can ice+thunder and ignore the ash
    Uhm ok. So i could go ice+thunder and add the lightining shield thing for a sword/board build. Suggested class to start with? templar looks all about 2h weapons.

EDIT: i don't plan to PvP and i play 100% solo. WHile i don't care for the moment about reaching ultimate endgame, i'd like a setup that can be sustained for a long-ish time to see all the game has to offer.
    I know that there are cookie cutter builds and probably will make at least one character like that so i can effectively do anything. but i like to try multiple new stuff.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-15 at 01:35 PM.

Uhm ok. So i could go ice+thunder and add the lightining shield thing for a sword/board build. Suggested class to start with? templar looks all about 2h weapons.

EDIT: i don't plan to PvP and i play 100% solo. WHile i don't care for the moment about reaching ultimate endgame, i'd like a setup that can be sustained for a long-ish time to see all the game has to offer.
    I know that there are cookie cutter builds and probably will make at least one character like that so i can effectively do anything. but i like to try multiple new stuff.
    It sounds counterproductive but I would start as a pathfinder, master alchemist+veteran bowyer is a ton of elemental damage, and you get free flask regen (crit build after all) and status ailment immunity on top.

His tree looks solid:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...L68f4K_lT-uv8Q

edit: then definitely pathfinder, above build!
    free flask regen gives all the sustainability you ever want, even after the nerf to pathfinder it still is really strong.

edit 2: for no pvp I would drop veteran bowyer and go for master surgeon of course
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-02-15 at 01:39 PM.
    My DK

It sounds counterproductive but I would start as a pathfinder, master alchemist+veteran bowyer is a ton of elemental damage, and you get free flask regen (crit build after all) and status ailment immunity on top.

His tree looks solid:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...L68f4K_lT-uv8Q

edit: then definitely pathfinder, above build!
    free flask regen gives all the sustainability you ever want, even after the nerf to pathfinder it still is really strong.

edit 2: for no pvp I would drop veteran bowyer and go for master surgeon of course
    yeah, that looks solid. I'll check up it later.

@Coldkill

I should also say, in this game you can make most builds do "everything the game has to offer" but you need to know and prepare for the fights properly. GGG has put so many options in this game to make endgame much easier, that are available to every build. Most people either don't know about it, are to lazy to swap to it, or underestimate/overestimate the fights.

My first uber atziri kill a long time ago, I think I used up 3 sets before I got my first kill, but ever since I've been able to reproduce kills much faster on lesser geared and lower leveled characters. Same with Shaper.

And even though these fights are amazing, unless you are one of the first to farm it in a league and/or get extremely lucky, they are just non profitable currency sinks.
    In maybe 20 lifetime uber atziri kills I've never seen an axe or gloves drop, and last league I did 17 shaper runs in a row to end up with 1 sword and 0 flasks

But yea..

(Uber) Atziri: Purity of Fire, Ruby Flasks
    Shaper: Purity of Ice, Granite/Basalt/Sapphire Flasks

Just running that is already making it so much easier.
    My current char can run everything in game including halls of the grandmasters, with 9.7k ES just because it has 20/36 Enfeeble and Temporal Chains setup and can run the purity required. Biggest hitting thing (shaper smash) hits me for 5.4k

tldr: preparation is 90% of the work on these end game fights.
    My DK

-snip-
    Nice to know. I played in beta, but i was all like "wtf is this shit". Then i tried the game later and agaion the same reaction. It's just lately that i finally delved in the game and understood the core mechanics - i only tried 2 or three chars at low level and i'm ultra slow for the moment, but it gets better over time.

PoE is a game that requires a substantial inital effort to get into. But once you have done that an immense world opens up.

I'll just stick to my concept builds since, as you say, preparing for a fight makes the difference. That's something REALLY good in my eyes.

Nice to know. I played in beta, but i was all like "wtf is this shit". Then i tried the game later and agaion the same reaction. It's just lately that i finally delved in the game and understood the core mechanics - i only tried 2 or three chars at low level and i'm ultra slow for the moment, but it gets better over time.

PoE is a game that requires a substantial inital effort to get into. But once you have done that an immense world opens up.

I'll just stick to my concept builds since, as you say, preparing for a fight makes the difference. That's something REALLY good in my eyes.
    It's exactly why I still actively play this game, and have been since closed beta.
    I might be much further ahead of the learning curve as you are, but I am still learning new things mechanically wise every day!

My very first character in this game I looked at the passive tree and thought it was a good idea to completely ignore every defensive passive and just go full out on damage ones. It's a miracle that I somehow made it to level 76 before finally saying "that was a bad idea" and reroll
    My DK

It's exactly why I still actively play this game, and have been since closed beta.
    I might be much further ahead of the learning curve as you are, but I am still learning new things mechanically wise every day!

My very first character in this game I looked at the passive tree and thought it was a good idea to completely ignore every defensive passive and just go full out on damage ones. It's a miracle that I somehow made it to level 76 before finally saying "that was a bad idea" and reroll
    I'm currently playing the Scion (link to profile in sig) and i finished act 4 with 600 hp lol. Lots of stuff oneshotting me but i just did a yolo run because no xp penalties

I'm currently playing the Scion (link to profile in sig) and i finished act 4 with 600 hp lol. Lots of stuff oneshotting me but i just did a yolo run because no xp penalties
    Hey I do that myself, I absolutely despite act 4 and yolo run through it as fast as I can and then farm up a little xp later on in cruel/merciless if needed

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...112/characters

That is my 1700 Intelligence cast when channel icestorm character
    As you see I am pretty done with this league, just waiting for the next one to start again!

I got this character to merciless dried lake with 900 hp and 1500 Energy Shield before taking the chaos immune passive. Act 3 sewers were very .. interesting
    My DK