Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Is it satire? No. It it correct? Well, according to a lot of other sites and theorycrafters, no. Will it work for you? I don't know, depends on what content you're doing. Are you pushing mythic progression? I'd go elsewhere. Do you want to have a basic idea of how to play a class, even if it's just to see stats or abilities? Probably will do just fine. The reality is, unless you're in progression with your guild (heroic, mythic), it doesn't really matter if you're perfect or not.
    Why did you even post. Short version of what your saying is correct information is irrelevant! No. No its not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    its like the Kung Pow -Enter the Fist when they trained Wimp Lo wrong as a joke

"im bleeding, making me the victor"
    Lol love that movie.

Is it satire? No. It it correct? Well, according to a lot of other sites and theorycrafters, no. Will it work for you? I don't know, depends on what content you're doing. Are you pushing mythic progression? I'd go elsewhere. Do you want to have a basic idea of how to play a class, even if it's just to see stats or abilities? Probably will do just fine. The reality is, unless you're in progression with your guild (heroic, mythic), it doesn't really matter if you're perfect or not.
    ANY player would be better off figuring things own its own that using that trash of a site.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think Noxxic is a terrible site? Give me examples of why you think it's inaccurate.

Don't just say "herpa derp, Noxxic is terrible/satire/stupid" without providing examples.

Haters gonna hate.

Deleted
    Crucial question is:
    Is it possible to kill NH Guldan on normal using noxxic guide?
    Imo, the answer is yes, so following their guide, any guild/pug can kill Guldan.
    It wont be some high percentile dps/hps percentile, but still a kill.
    So, it is good for those who dont need more info and/or play higher difficulties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryhar View Post
    I'm reading the guide for frost mage on there, and the recommendations they give are hilariously wrong. Like, if you use the rotation they give you, you'll be bottom dps.

My friend says their rotation and talents for Affliction Warlock is also completely wrong: Noxxic recommends to spend resources putting your most damaging dot on your effigy that transfers only 30% of damage it takes to the boss.

Is this site satire? I feel like you'd know a lot of these things are wrong through common sense.
    Someone has to be bottom dps. If boss dies, does it even matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Why did you even post. Short version of what your saying is correct information is irrelevant! No. No its not
    I didn't say correct information is irrelevant. I said that unless you're pushing top-tier raiding, being perfect isn't necessary.

WoW, deserves websites like Noxxic.

I was curious and looked at their guide for Fury.

Wrecking Ball insead of Avatar?

Telling you to use OF on cooldown with Enrage only, no Battle Cry synching?

No trinket list?

Whirlwind as a rage dump??

I'm sorry, this is trash. And it's not like Fury is a hard spec to get a hold on, either. I can't imagine how many errors creep in when discussing classes with complex rotations such as Feral and Demo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jastall, even Icy veins says wrecking ball instead of avatar, and whirlwind is your rage dump. I'm not saying either is right, as Icyveins says "this is for beginners to the spec". Nor am I trying to defend noxxic. Its just that it seems a lot of Noxxic is very much "Hey you just picked up your spec today, heres how to use it." Yes, there are much better ways. Some are a little more complex and better for minmaxers but Noxxic seems to very much be for new to the spec.

Now, saying that. I'd rather get my information that is meant to top charts, with some "If you cant do this one mechanic well, heres an alternative playstyle", which noxxic doesnt have. Icy veins does do that which is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why do you think Noxxic is a terrible site? Give me examples of why you think it's inaccurate.

Don't just say "herpa derp, Noxxic is terrible/satire/stupid" without providing examples.

Haters gonna hate.
    Lot of it is inaccurate dude. I remember during Cata I used it for help with my Hunter and it was absolute bullcrap. Telling me to go talents that would in no way benefit me. Went to Icy Veins and well that was way better. I remember once Noxxic told me to go Mastery-Haste as MM when the actual prio was Crit-Haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact you had to look for a guide doesn't make you any better though OP.

I didn't say correct information is irrelevant. I said that unless you're pushing top-tier raiding, being perfect isn't necessary.
    Reading misinformation and confusing yourswlf further when set straight by players or correct guides is unecessary

The fact mythic + and pugging exists and that its an.mmo makes correct information over absurdly wrong is important no matter the skill level.

Especially because if someone is reading up they are trying to vetter their play while being fed wrong info.

But yes hurrr only the progressive care about not playing pants on head. Your statment was silly
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-17 at 10:22 PM.

No, it's not satire, it's just dumb. DPS Rankings: Lol no, definitely wrong. Went ahead and checked my class/spec (Balance Druid is my main) and noticed a lot of dumb shit:

Talent Build: Purely shows ST talents. Doesn't even mention why you should take them.
    Rotations: Surprisingly, the ST rotation is very accurate (then again, Moonkins have ZERO procs so it's pretty straight-forward, but the AOE rotation is the biggest laugh ever. It says: "See Single Target rotation". YOU FUCKING WOT M8?!

Seriously, the word needs to be spread to the more casual audience that doesn't know any other sites. They're so bad it hurts, and it makes me wonder why they even update (ONCE ONLY) for each expansion.

While true, it's very misleading. You'd be a better Balance Druid on AoE if you had no clue what you were doing, but I bet your ass you'd probably Sunfire an AoE pack and Starfall them to death. You'd probably also see more fun AoE talents to try and experiment.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Noxxic has always been wrong. Don't follow it. As said earlier, the data is based on simulation and theories, not In-Game feedback. Icy-veins have probably the best general guides for most classes/specs. For the best builds, I suggest fansites dedicated to your class.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Reading misinformation and confusing yourswlf further when set straight by players or correct guides is unecessary

The fact mythic + and pugging exists and that its an.mmo makes correct information over absurdly wrong is important no matter the skill level.

Especially because if someone is reading up they are trying to vetter their play while being fed wrong info.

But yes hurrr only the progressive care about not playing pants on head. Your statment was silly
    And even if you are super casual, doing world quests only, not caring about your dps at all, Noxxic is STILL bad, because it would be both better and easier to not read a guide at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Crucial question is:
    Is it possible to kill NH Guldan on normal using noxxic guide?
    Imo, the answer is yes, so following their guide, any guild/pug can kill Guldan.
    It wont be some high percentile dps/hps percentile, but still a kill.
    So, it is good for those who dont need more info and/or play higher difficulties.
    It is also possible by rolling face on dps buttons or smashing one button, and you don't even need a guide for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Rotations: Surprisingly, the ST rotation is very accurate (
    Noxxic doesn't actually do any work themselves. Instead they CTRL-C/CTRL-V the optimal simcraft APL, which is always at least technically correct for single-targets. Of course very few bosses are single-target only and simcraft APLs and talent choices are often ridiculously laborious as they are willing to trade off infinite complexity for a minimal performance gain so often you shouldn't actually play that way.

This is why noxxic is terrible; they take simulation as gospel when it's precisely 100.00% useless (stack ranking across specs) and when it needs to be interpreted by players understanding context (the APLs). It's bad, y'all. Don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Most of the guide sites should be used as a jumping off point. Tweak everything to fit your style.
    I think that's a bit of a cop-out. There's a mathematically perfect setup that would result in the best DPS possible (assuming you're skilled enough). The problem is there's just not enough intelligent people playing WoW who care enough to theorycraft it all out anymore. Those who do keep it to themselves (world-first races). That leaves those who are unfit to give advice (Noxxic) misleading everyone, because there's not really many left to correct them.

Worst part my former GM would go off Noxxic where as I went off great players advice, Icy-Veins and fan sites. So we would be raiding or talk about classes and they were so far off from what I learned myself. Then they used the word Noxxic and it made perfect sense why everything was so bad. The worst part is they wouldn't listen to reason that Noxxic was so bad and would argue on everything. I left that guild after a few weeks, only reason why I lasted that long was they happened to be a real life friend as well.

We don't talk much anymore. I remember Noxxic being wrong for years.
    The Last Starfighter

"Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys, I'm a kid from a trailer park." - Alex Rogan

"If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!" - Centauri

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Noxxic doesn't actually do any work themselves. Instead they CTRL-C/CTRL-V the optimal simcraft APL, which is always at least technically correct for single-targets. Of course very few bosses are single-target only and simcraft APLs and talent choices are often ridiculously laborious as they are willing to trade off infinite complexity for a minimal performance gain so often you shouldn't actually play that way.

This is why noxxic is terrible; they take simulation as gospel when it's precisely 100.00% useless (stack ranking across specs) and when it needs to be interpreted by players understanding context (the APLs). It's bad, y'all. Don't use it.
    I'd imagine they just "plagiarize" (copy) from whatever at the start of the expansion and don't ever bother redoing their homework.

I mean, nothing about legendaries, nothing about talent choices/why you should pick those, NOTHING.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.