Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, good to know, that WoWProgress SimDPS isn't reliable. In the past it was most of the times more or less equal to the SimC DPS. Sometimes a bit more off than other times but not as much as it is at the moment.

I know, that "nightly" builds are changing always but are the most accurate. Thats why i'm using them.
    But i don't understand, why i got a huge difference in dps from one day to the other without changing the version. That's why i asked. Did someone mention the same?
    (Maybe i had a wrong piece of gear on or so and didn't recognise it or i even changed the SimC "nightly" but i'm pretty sure, non of that was the case. I always logged out with the correct set and i had one day ~700k next ~660k and then again ~720k which was pretty weird.)
    And no, i sadly don't have Draught so that couldn't have been the issue.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Ok, good to know, that WoWProgress SimDPS isn't reliable. In the past it was most of the times more or less equal to the SimC DPS. Sometimes a bit more off than other times but not as much as it is at the moment.

I know, that "nightly" builds are changing always but are the most accurate. Thats why i'm using them.
    But i don't understand, why i got a huge difference in dps from one day to the other without changing the version. That's why i asked. Did someone mention the same?
    (Maybe i had a wrong piece of gear on or so and didn't recognise it or i even changed the SimC "nightly" but i'm pretty sure, non of that was the case. I always logged out with the correct set and i had one day ~700k next ~660k and then again ~720k which was pretty weird.)
    And no, i sadly don't have Draught so that couldn't have been the issue.
    If you didn't download a new version of SimC, and you got different results, then you changed a setting, piece of gear, or part of the APL. There's no other explanation.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, i'm pretty sure i didn't do anything like that. Otherwise i wouldn't be so confused and wouldn't have asked. But maybe i'm missing something i didn't remember. Nevermind.

But i still don't get the results of SimC:
    The latest nightly SimC said 720k for me (light movement, 250sec fight length, ST).
    Our last Krosus HC kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    570k (83% parse) , thats 150k less. Thats a huge difference. I definitely didn't play perfect, i was soaking patches, you have to run back for the collapsing bridge ... so 50-60k less, ok. But !150k!?
    Our other fury (2 ilvl higher and at 97% parse in his ilvl) with 4pc but also 2xBIS Legy and 2x BIS Trinkets is at 676k. Thats still 45k below MY SimC result which is without those legys and trinkets.

Looking into Krosus HC rankings for my ilvl at that time (891; 2 less then now): More or less all the warriors with higher dps also got at least one of the two trinkets and 1, mostly 2 BIS legys (helmet, cloak, exe ring). I didn't inspect every one and just scrolled over the sites, but i couldn't see anyone without. And as i said, i don't have any dmg legy and none of those trinkets.
    And only 21 of the players are above 700k.

The same picture at Star Augur.

I don't want to criticize your work. Not at all. Your doing a great job. But i somehow can't really believe those SimC results if i compare them to the live parses on warcraftlogs. Those differences seem way to big for me. How is that possible? I'd really like to understand that.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Deleted
    Light movement dont cover Krosus fight very well as u have downtime a.k.a u cant dps him 100% of the time....

Well, i'm pretty sure i didn't do anything like that. Otherwise i wouldn't be so confused and wouldn't have asked. But maybe i'm missing something i didn't remember. Nevermind.

But i still don't get the results of SimC:
    The latest nightly SimC said 720k for me (light movement, 250sec fight length, ST).
    Our last Krosus HC kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    570k (83% parse) , thats 150k less. Thats a huge difference. I definitely didn't play perfect, i was soaking patches, you have to run back for the collapsing bridge ... so 50-60k less, ok. But !150k!?
    Our other fury (2 ilvl higher and at 97% parse in his ilvl) with 4pc but also 2xBIS Legy and 2x BIS Trinkets is at 676k. Thats still 45k below MY SimC result which is without those legys and trinkets.

Looking into Krosus HC rankings for my ilvl at that time (891; 2 less then now): More or less all the warriors with higher dps also got at least one of the two trinkets and 1, mostly 2 BIS legys (helmet, cloak, exe ring). I didn't inspect every one and just scrolled over the sites, but i couldn't see anyone without. And as i said, i don't have any dmg legy and none of those trinkets.
    And only 21 of the players are above 700k.

The same picture at Star Augur.

I don't want to criticize your work. Not at all. Your doing a great job. But i somehow can't really believe those SimC results if i compare them to the live parses on warcraftlogs. Those differences seem way to big for me. How is that possible? I'd really like to understand that.
    Definitely didn't play perfectly.

Dropped Juggernaut, desynced your cooldowns, too much downtime between casts of Battle Cry, a lot of lost uptime on Enrage. You could have gotten an extra cast of Battle Cry if you'd used it more frequently, and that would have come at the end of the fight with (hopefully no lost stacks of) Juggernaut, which would amount to a large DPS boost in of itself.

SimC is slightly inflated due to mechanics, namely it doesn't have any, but the biggest thing going for it is that it never drops Juggernaut stacks.

Deleted
    Since we're on the topic of juggernaut on Krosus, could you pls share how you ensure not losing stacks on bridge collapse ? Everytime I try to execute / jump at the last moment, Krosus doesn't come back soon enough for me to refresh it, while the bridge falls down while I'm jumping so I don't know how to jump out later than that

Deleted
    Another question concerning Execute: Massacre vs. Frothing - do you switch around for certain bosses in NH?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Since we're on the topic of juggernaut on Krosus, could you pls share how you ensure not losing stacks on bridge collapse ? Everytime I try to execute / jump at the last moment, Krosus doesn't come back soon enough for me to refresh it, while the bridge falls down while I'm jumping so I don't know how to jump out later than that
    Ensure you have 50 rage coming up to the third slam, I Execute with <1s left on DBM then leap back and run to the front of the broken bridge section to Execute as the first GCD once he's in range.

I usually have >1.5s left on Juggernaut at that point.

I personally do not enjoy massacre with the ring as opposed to using Frothing Berserker. I wouldn't say my dps is higher with FB, but it isnt much lower than when the ring/massacre are in use.

question, I've run two SimC setups in my current gear, and replacing two of my 885 with 860 tier from LFR. With the 4p my sim is 562k and in my current armoury gear I'm at 549k. I try to keep myself at 30% haste but currently in the 4p my haste is at 28% and i'm scaling is wanting me to go for mastery over haste to get myself back to the 30% mark.

I always though 30% was the go to point? or does the sim know with the 4p and increased enrage time, I dont need as much haste to get an extra gcd in my enrage window?
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    question, I've run two SimC setups in my current gear, and replacing two of my 885 with 860 tier from LFR. With the 4p my sim is 562k and in my current armoury gear I'm at 549k. I try to keep myself at 30% haste but currently in the 4p my haste is at 28% and i'm scaling is wanting me to go for mastery over haste to get myself back to the 30% mark.

I always though 30% was the go to point? or does the sim know with the 4p and increased enrage time, I dont need as much haste to get an extra gcd in my enrage window?
    As has been repeated I don't know how many times so far; 30% is not a requirement, it is simply a common target point for the majority of gearing setups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ortus View Post
    Ensure you have 50 rage coming up to the third slam, I Execute with <1s left on DBM then leap back and run to the front of the broken bridge section to Execute as the first GCD once he's in range.

I usually have >1.5s left on Juggernaut at that point.
    Correct, it only takes ~2.5-3s for Krosus to move back into melee range after destroying a portion of the bridge. You can also charge him safely without falling off, which can help you generate the rage needed to Execute again.

apologies, I check this thread from time to time but haven't gone over all 15 pages, I just had 30% burned into my head from gearing up
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    apologies, I check this thread from time to time but haven't gone over all 15 pages, I just had 30% burned into my head from gearing up
    It's a very common misconception, but I try to be accurate in my wording - "best until 30%" =! "requires 30%" or even "best at 30%".

I'll try to update the guide a bit to be more clear.

Ya, doesnt help that changing one piece of gear can make all your stat weights change and then another gear setup could be better. Thanks for all the work so far though

Deleted
    Is it worth dropping 5-10ilvl on a relic for Unrivaled Strength with [Convergence of Fates]? Even if you already have Raging Berserker or Raging Blow - relics

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It allows BC and Draught to line up better.
    How? Having an 880 COF I find it makes me delay draught more than I did before, personally.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely didn't play perfectly.

Dropped Juggernaut, desynced your cooldowns, too much downtime between casts of Battle Cry, a lot of lost uptime on Enrage. You could have gotten an extra cast of Battle Cry if you'd used it more frequently, and that would have come at the end of the fight with (hopefully no lost stacks of) Juggernaut, which would amount to a large DPS boost in of itself.

SimC is slightly inflated due to mechanics, namely it doesn't have any, but the biggest thing going for it is that it never drops Juggernaut stacks.
    True, as i said. Dropped Jugg because of the bridge destroying. But as it was discussed in the last postings. I'll try to keep it up as suggested, even if it was only 2 executes in this try (this shouldn't add up to much in overall dps, or does it?)

Downtime in BC -> bridge destroying + adds soaking. If we have a good try, i'll see if i get better timings and use of it (-> one more cast).

Desyncing CDs -> i thought CD+OF wouldn't come up again as the execute phase would be shorter so i pre-casted Avatar to buff the executes. Well, that was a mistake as BC came back up before we killed him

(There was a 2nd pot at the start. Don't know why it doesn't show in your graph)

But does this really add up to 150k. I still can't believe this. It seems SO much.

Yesterday i wanted to try to get better results ... and it felt like half of the raid fucked up (in the whole instance; was a disaster). Died to a orb (+ slamdmg) that wasn't carried out correctly ...
    So i have to wait again until next weak ... maybe i can see if i can some results out of nhc in our alt raid.

Its a well known fact that whatever SimC outputs you remove 5-10% based on your raid team, and 5-15% depending on what you are doing yourself passively

My SimC says 745-750k.

Remove 10% cause if i dont do mechanics in my casual raid team of shit players no boss will die, -10%, add -10% of me failing cause i am running around more than i should and fucking up something cause i need to yell mechanics so they wont die and voila, 500k DPS!

Start thinking like that and you can understand how SimC Patchwerk works

What i mean is, if you expect to do SimC dps, you will be disappointed, try to do up to -10% of it, if you manage, you did exceptionally well.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-23 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    How? Having an 880 COF I find it makes me delay draught more than I did before, personally.
    You're doing it wrong then; try reading the guide.

- - - Updated - - -

True, as i said. Dropped Jugg because of the bridge destroying. But as it was discussed in the last postings. I'll try to keep it up as suggested, even if it was only 2 executes in this try (this shouldn't add up to much in overall dps, or does it?)

Downtime in BC -> bridge destroying + adds soaking. If we have a good try, i'll see if i get better timings and use of it (-> one more cast).

Desyncing CDs -> i thought CD+OF wouldn't come up again as the execute phase would be shorter so i pre-casted Avatar to buff the executes. Well, that was a mistake as BC came back up before we killed him

(There was a 2nd pot at the start. Don't know why it doesn't show in your graph)

But does this really add up to 150k. I still can't believe this. It seems SO much.

Yesterday i wanted to try to get better results ... and it felt like half of the raid fucked up (in the whole instance; was a disaster). Died to a orb (+ slamdmg) that wasn't carried out correctly ...
    So i have to wait again until next weak ... maybe i can see if i can some results out of nhc in our alt raid.
    I know you got a second pot, the first doesn't show up as a buff in the logs because it's activated before combat starts (though it's damage is recorded) - what I said is that it was descyned from your other CDs, and seeing as it benefits from them, that's a large chunk of damage lost.

Group performance also has a much bigger impact than people realize, quite easily even a larger impact than personal performance in many cases.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Start thinking like that and you can understand how SimC Patchwerk works

What i mean is, if you expect to do SimC dps, you will be disappointed, try to do up to -10% of it, if you manage, you did exceptionally well.
    Well, thats what i'm aiming for. I know, i won't get SimC PW results, because of "random" stuff, but i was pretty confused about the big difference ;-)

I know you got a second pot, the first doesn't show up as a buff in the logs because it's activated before combat starts (though it's damage is recorded) - what I said is that it was descyned from your other CDs, and seeing as it benefits from them, that's a large chunk of damage lost.

Group performance also has a much bigger impact than people realize, quite easily even a larger impact than personal performance in many cases.
    THAT is true. If you wanna try hard and your group says "haha" ... could have killed the entire raid yesterday :-/

2nd pot without hero: With all CDs and in execute phase (if you don't have any special moment - i.e. an add you want to focus down)?
    Just a random thought: Could a Prolonged Power pot be better in execute phase to buff your stats? Old War profits from the faster attacks of hero, so thats the reason why that idea came to my mind (IF you don't have hero for execute).