10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. Expected a bit more tbh. Seems like a decent way to farm Scripture , but the gear rewards are few and far between , and on top of that you need the item to be for the job you want and the stats to be ok . Out of 40 lockboxes or so on 3 runs i got 3 gear pieces , one was actually good for my job (NIN), but the other 2 was caster gear.
    I might do a couple runs a day i guess , until i get the minion and the Pegasus mount but thats about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Just an FYI the 280 weapons are ridiculously rng gated. First you have a CHANCE for the proper conditions to occur in diadem to open the Emergency Mission. Then you have to actually beat the mission which is ludicrously difficult. Then you have about a 1% chance for a weapon to drop. Then you have to be the ONE person out of all the participants who gets the weapon, because IF a weapon drops... only ONE drops. IF it drops.

With that level of RNG those 280 weapons might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned. I'll be quite satisfied with my 275 relic.
    The emergency mission is easy. The hard part is getting everyone to not be retarded.

Also the 280 weapons are BiS for almost everyone regardless of what it rolls because of the weapon damage. Truthfully though it doesn't matter. The hardest content can be cleared without it and it will be replaced with the xpac anyway.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-03-10 at 04:42 AM.

In typical MMO fashion some people are accidentally or deliberately wiping the emergency mission for 'lolz' by pulling more enemies than necessary and essentially overwhelming the tanks/healers in the process.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    In typical MMO fashion some people are accidentally or deliberately wiping the emergency mission for 'lolz' by pulling more enemies than necessary and essentially overwhelming the tanks/healers in the process.
    Good thing you can do it with just your FC and not have to deal with that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Good thing you can do it with just your FC and not have to deal with that...
    If your FC is big enough, and if they have a house.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Eh. Expected a bit more tbh. Seems like a decent way to farm Scripture , but the gear rewards are few and far between , and on top of that you need the item to be for the job you want and the stats to be ok . Out of 40 lockboxes or so on 3 runs i got 3 gear pieces , one was actually good for my job (NIN), but the other 2 was caster gear.
    I might do a couple runs a day i guess , until i get the minion and the Pegasus mount but thats about it.
    Honestly its really only good for materia, which really crashed the market entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    The emergency mission is easy. The hard part is getting everyone to not be retarded.

Also the 280 weapons are BiS for almost everyone regardless of what it rolls because of the weapon damage. Truthfully though it doesn't matter. The hardest content can be cleared without it and it will be replaced with the xpac anyway.
    The bolded is why I said it's "ludicrously difficult" lol . BiS or not, those weapons are not going to be commonplace due to the rng alone, nevermind the "herding cats" required. Each server will see a small handful of people who have one by the time Stormblood launches and then they will be old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Holy crap does this make me want to go back and replay the old games. Now I have to go find my GBA in some bucket.
    They need to announce that rumored PS4 Crystal Collection with all of them. If they had trophies, I'd play through and platinum ALL OF THEM! O_O

Got in a A1S party and the bonus window opened. Got to the 9th rune. If I can get in a farm party this weekend, I should finish the light grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly its really only good for materia, which really crashed the market entirely.
    The prices on the crafted 250s are dropping like flies aswell.

yea it seemed like a decent way to make some gil at first. now everything is cheap as hell lol.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yea it seemed like a decent way to make some gil at first. now everything is cheap as hell lol.
    Well technically its a decent way to avoid spending gil. Just go in as a gatherer and get all those sweet materia for free. Never have to spend a gil, or even bother with the raids after you have augmented all your shire gear.

Do we have any idea when the next Live Letter is?

I'm assuming 3.6 is going to be 3/28 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Do we have any idea when the next Live Letter is?

idk about live letter but they're going to be doing something at pax tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody's having fun in Diadem and I'm still waiting for my mouse..

Hopefully we don't need to wait that long for next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Everybody's having fun in Diadem and I'm still waiting for my mouse..

Hopefully we don't need to wait that long for next patch.
    With PAX tomorrow, as threadz pointed out, they might announce the date and it could very well be 3/21 or even next week!!! O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    they might announce the date and it could very well be 3/21 or even next week!!! O_O
    Heh, 21st would be nice birthday present.

Only thing I have left that I want to do is my SMN Anima for the sweet looking book with the Dragon wings....and I'm only on the Sand and Umbrite step and the thought of doing that so close to the end of the expansion just drains my soul when I am not a fan of grinds and have so many other more entertaining things to do like Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Zelda BotW, Tales of Berseria and WoW honestly (still have classes to level and see the class hall story lines and stuff).

Just ordered my PC Collectors Edition yesterday so I'm stoked but I'm finding it difficult to log in now when I have all my combat classes to 60 in decent enough gear to level in once Stormblood drops. I'm just waiting for the next patch to see the story and hopefully have a Anima step nerf again so I don't feel so conflicted about grinding to finish it.

Well technically its a decent way to avoid spending gil. Just go in as a gatherer and get all those sweet materia for free. Never have to spend a gil, or even bother with the raids after you have augmented all your shire gear.
    You can also get things like Legendary Clan Logs. I got two from after a few runs. It does also make the crystal sand part of the relic really easy and cheap if you don't have a gatherer or crafter leveled up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to announce that rumored PS4 Crystal Collection with all of them. If they had trophies, I'd play through and platinum ALL OF THEM! O_O
    Well I know where Faroth will be for the next few months if they release it.

Month? HA. It would take a hell of a lot longer than a month to platinum the entire main branch. Though if it is released, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! *not the month timeline, simply doing it is the goal*