Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Wonder what the combat is like, as it was the games downfall.
    Funcom seems to be calling it an "action RPG" now. Probably combat like TERA/ESO and such.

I'm tentatively excited about this news - TSW is a game I love to revisit from time to time due to the story, setting, and atmosphere.

How excited I get for this version depends on how the combat feels.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they nail the combat,character development and gearing, this game will kick ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any mention of updated graphics? As the character models are pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Funcom seems to be calling it an "action RPG" now. Probably combat like TERA/ESO and such.
    I'll be honest, TERA combat in TSW setting is exactly the kind of thing I'd get excited for...here's hoping, lol.

The Secret World is relaunching as a separate game, named The Secret World Legends.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/the-secret-wor...nds-1000043733

The details are:
    SWL will be available only on Steam at the start.

Completely free to play with no game purchase, all content, including any future content, is available to everyone.

Microtransactions will be present including additional weapon pages, extra inventory space, additional characters, vanity items "and more".

Free accounts have access to one character slot, though more can be purchased a premium currency called Aurum will be present that can be bought and sold on the Exchange.
    localized languages include English, German and French.

Also, The Secret World(the non relaunch version) will continue to exist with your characters....BUT....your characters will stay there.
    Yeah, some people will be very angry over this........but in the long run this is for the best of the game.

So yes. It's free to play and an ACTUAL relaunch. I am so fucking excited over this!!!!!
    Nice. Will absolutely check for it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    The most important thing, will the client performance be actually decent? if they are relaunching, this is where using modern game engines that utilise modern hardware a lot better, and in before people think I'm referring to the high end hardware, I am talking about quad core utilisation in which CPUs released like 10 years ago have, mmo devs need to do away with single core processing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I haven't seen any info about that but I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that the characters can't be moved over because it's a brand new engine. Which is really all they needed in the first place.
    FF14 has done this before, 1.0 had a dumb ass engine, 2.0 actually used a good engine.

the problem with "action" games now a days is that AI is usually stupid making the combat meaningless

look at BDO, the mobs in that game are brain dead, they just auto attack and you can easily just strife in a circle to kill them, even the world bosses suck.

They can make action combat all they want but if they don't do anything to the mobs we fight it's meaningless
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

So my old character won't carry over? That's disappointing...

According to Funcom you will be able to transfer over some vanity/shop and other items, but that's looks about it.

Lots of mixed information, but the positives outweigh the negatives for me from what I'm reading so far.

I'm optimistic overall. Disappointed they didn't take this opportunity to switch the graphics engine to UE4 given that they're working more and more with that engine and have been making games like The Park and that Conan game specifically to get experience with the engine. Glad there are graphical/animation improvements coming and I can't wait to see them, but I was really hoping we'd get a proper engine swap on this. Because the UE4 games they've released are definitely much higher quality visually compared to anything they've made on their Dreamworld engine.

Would have been nice to keep my character and the 200+ hours I have invested, but at least this is an opportunity to start fresh and try to rope some friends in so I can finally play the game with others. Now to see what my Grandmaster sub will grant : )

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Would have been nice to keep my character and the 200+ hours I have invested, but at least this is an opportunity to start fresh and try to rope some friends in so I can finally play the game with others. Now to see what my Grandmaster sub will grant : )
    Agreed. If I can rope in friends to play with then I will make peace with my lost progress.

And if not, maybe I'll just put more effort into finding a guild. I still like this game, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Agreed. If I can rope in friends to play with then I will make peace with my lost progress.

And if not, maybe I'll just put more effort into finding a guild. I still like this game, damn it!
    Yeah, I'll actually try to get into a guild since I'll be in the game at launch this time. I always suck at that type of thing, hopefully the game will at least continue to support a lot of the custom chat channels like the event/sanctuary chats. Those have been a lifesaver for solo folks like myself.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is really crazy and out of nowhere....how did they get the money to do this? Really excited to see what happens though. Signed up for beta, so now I'll wait.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This is really crazy and out of nowhere....how did they get the money to do this? Really excited to see what happens though. Signed up for beta, so now I'll wait.
    Well, they haven't been doing much in terms of TSW content for a while now (I think last year had like, one update all year?), so they've clearly been working on this for a while.

As for the money...a mixture of lots of loans (hence their debt problems) and likely using some of the money from the recent success with Conan Exiles. I think they've already talked about how they're planning on using some of that money for other titles including TSW.

I'm just hoping this turns out to be a solid success for them, because it's going to be the only way we see Season 2/3 of the story (which is apparently all fully written already).

10+ Year Old Account
    They are really missing a huge oportunity to release this on consoles aswell. A new market to tap would really go a long way for them i think. This year already launched Skyforge, TERA port has been announced, BDO has console versions on the works, Path of Exile is coming out on Xbox, Marvel Heroes is more or less confirmed to come out on consoles eventually.
    C'mon Funcom. Gimmie.

- - - Updated - - -

(Will keep a look out on this nonetheless, TSW is a rough gem)

I wouldn't be surprised if they have plans for a console port if the F2P version is successful on PC. I know they were initially looking into a console port of TSW long ago, though nothing came out of it. They'll likely release Conan Exiles on consoles first, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a console launch sometime after as well.

Ill be keeping my eye on this in the hopes there is a Ps4 version. Not a fan of Funcom but you can't beat free.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'll be there.