Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What happened to WOW community?

Every time I visit this forum, the only thing I see is hate and blind fanboyism. People want to play vanilla, because its completely different game and they prefer it, and you tell them to f*ck off and take off their nostalgia goggles. People complain about Blizzard hiding numbers from players, because numbers have been always important part of every MMO, and again you tell them to f*ck off and stop complaining. People complain about prune, because it is lowering skill and ruining PVP (I played every xpac, it was never just a shadowbolt spam like some people like to claim), and again you just tell them to adapt and that pruning is actually good, because you didn't use the spell. And the list goes on. What happened to this community? Why do you blindly hate every person that doesn't agree with Blizzard and their changes?

f*ck off and stop complaining.
    /s

The community is exactly the same as it used to be.
    People see what they want to see, this includes things that others say.

If "hate and blind fanboyism" is the only thing that you see in reply to the things you have listed, it's probably best to take a break from forums for a bit, especially a pro-blizzard one.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-04-04 at 08:00 AM.

During WOTLK I never saw a person saying: "Blizz pls take my spells, I don't use them so I suppose nobody does"

And btw I saw replies that agreed with OP, but they were just a tiny minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I can easily and objectively answer this post with a-

Nope.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    During WOTLK I never saw a person saying: "Blizz pls take my spells, I don't use them so I suppose nobody does"
    But the world doesn't revolve around you and what you see or hear.

Does the pruning suck? Yes, personally I think it sucks.
    I doubt they'd prune without a valid reason tho.
    Is this fanboyism or hate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I visit this forum, the only thing I see is hate and blind fanboyism. People want to play vanilla, because its completely different game and they prefer it, and you tell them to f*ck off and take off their nostalgia goggles. People complain about Blizzard hiding numbers from players, because numbers have been always important part of every MMO, and again you tell them to f*ck off and stop complaining. People complain about prune, because it is lowering skill and ruining PVP (I played every xpac, it was never just a shadowbolt spam like some people like to claim), and again you just tell them to adapt and that pruning is actually good, because you didn't use the spell. And the list goes on. What happened to this community? Why do you blindly hate every person that doesn't agree with Blizzard and their changes?
    Hah! Problem is, your post is basically forgetting the other half, some of the ones whom disagree are of same attitude.

The community can never stay the same, people change and so does the game. You have hostiles on left and right, and all you can do is take a jab at one side.

And sorry, but some of your statements that you mention, are of a topic where people need to puff up a bit and others, which is an old tune that puts many to sleep..

- - - Updated - - -

And btw I saw replies that agreed with OP, but they were just a tiny minority.
    Weeeell, in WoTLK I did see people complain about the talent tree, and about some spells they felt weren't needed, if that is what you mean?

The community is so wide and random, you can't stick to one slice of cake.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I can easily and objectively answer this post with a-
    Nope.
    /10char
    Vocal people on both ends of the spectrum trying to hit eachother with a suckerpunch.
    Depending on your own view, you'd think the community changes but it mostly stays the same.

All right, I see some legit arguments, maybe I should not have used the word "community". But I think my concern is still valid, because it feels like there are more and more players with this kind of attitude.

Because the brainwashed white knights don't allow to say bad things about the game. WoW is perfect, don't you see it?

10+ Year Old Account
    because 300 complain threads each day about the same shit are getting annoyin thats why we tell em to fuck off
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Look: Is this a nice and proper forum? No.
    Could it be different? No. It is the internet where a great many people hide behind anonimity to feel better about themselves bashing others.
    You have your grammar police.
    You have your "no that analogy does not work" guy
    You have your trolls
    You have your "psychologically less balanced" guy
    You have your "the only way I can read this is what is litterally states" guy
    You have your "extremist casual" (most of the mods here on this site are of that type)
    You have your "extremist hardcore" which is a breed that is less and less found on these boards
    You have your "I want prestige" guy
    You have your "prestige denier"
    You have your pro flight guy
    You have your anti flight guy
    You have your teen pretending to be very cool and knowledgable
    You have your adult, whom still dwells in his basement
    You have your idiot who makes threads that have been discussed to death already and pretending it is new and insightful

Care to fill in more?
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2017-04-04 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    f*ck off and stop complaining.
    /s

People see what they want to see, this includes things that others say.

If "hate and blind fanboyism" is the only thing that you see in reply to the things you have listed, it's probably best to take a break from forums for a bit, especially a pro-blizzard one.
    Yeah, no. The community isn't the same. The same people who played in 2005, 2006, 2007 aren't really the same people now.

If we'd assume people who played back then were between 15-20 years, that means they were borned in, let's say 1985-1990. Now, people would be born in around 2000. It's not really unknown that people born in the late 90's and early 2000 are a completely different generation when it comes to maturity and entitlement. Even studies confirms this.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hah! Problem is, your post is basically forgetting the other half, some of the ones whom disagree are of same attitude.

The community can never stay the same, people change and so does the game. You have hostiles on left and right, and all you can do is take a jab at one side.

And sorry, but some of your statements that you mention, are of a topic where people need to puff up a bit and others, which is an old tune that puts many to sleep..

- - - Updated - - -

Weeeell, in WoTLK I did see people complain about the talent tree, and about some spells they felt weren't needed, if that is what you mean?

The community is so wide and random, you can't stick to one slice of cake.
    Btw another thing I can't understand: people saying old talent tree was shit and only build was viable. I remember having like 6 build just for PVP on my mage, one for arena, one for bgs, one for duels and 3 builds just for fun (fire oneshot build, arcane and some weird frostfire build).

All right, I see some legit arguments, maybe I should not have used the word "community". But I think my concern is still valid, because it feels like there are more and more players with this kind of attitude.
    Blizzard is a company so they like money.
    If many people have a concern they'll look at it since they don't want to lose a lot of money.
    At that point it depends on wether to do something about it or not, from their perspective, not ours.

Blizzard makes mistakes and so does the community (which does not know about the inner workings of the tech-side of warcraft or blizzard itself).
    It ends up with two camps just hating on eachother whilst Blizzard silently looks at the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Yeah, no. The community isn't the same. The same people who played in 2005, 2006, 2007 aren't really the same people now.
    If we'd assume people who played back then were between 15-20 years, that means they were borned in, let's say 1985-1990. Now, people would be born in around 2000. It's not really unknown that people born in the late 90's and early 2000 are a completely different generation when it comes to maturity and entitlement. Even studies confirms this.
    Except there will always be several camps with some vocal individuals that will blow up forums with their stuff.
    Technically they are different from the posters of the past.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-04-04 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    People are same since start. Whine about everything then can.

Well I think I accidently deleted my post about talent trees. Anyways where do these people get their arguments from? I was told only one build was viable with old talent tree yet I remember having like 6 viable builds just for PVP. I was told old PVP was just for instance shadowbolt spam yet I remember warlock as one of the most complex classes that needed more than 5 action bars etc.

Back then game was good and was only evolving. And majority of players were taking game as is. They really thought, that Blizzard knew better, how to develop game, cuz it was so good and so successful. Ask yourself simple question: why Beatles fans love them? Their music isn't something super exciting now. Guess what? In comparison to Jazz and Blues back then - it was! Same here. After Vanilla and TBC - WotLK was just super xpack. What happened next? Game started to degrade, simply because Blizzard couldn't keep their mark. Cata was bad in comparison to WotLK. MOP was bad in comparison to Cata. So, players started to complain. Simply because this game hadn't gone F2P - it still has sub fee and sub fee should automatically mean high quality of content - not some lazy designs from incompetent 3rd party outsource devs and artists. They don't take game as is anymore. They don't believe, that Blizzard know batter, how to develop it. They love game itself and want to play it, but they aren't ready to pay money for such low quality of content. So, it's not community, that have become worse - it's game itself, that have become worse. It's Blizzard, who should be blamed - not players.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-04-04 at 08:21 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    MOP was bad in comparison to Cata.
    MoP was absolutely fantastic in my book D:

I think most people are just a bit fed up with the extreme cases of both camps.
    I'd take whatever the poster above me says with a grain of salt due to his name, avatar and signature.
    To me if feels like rambling without any real ideas or insight.
    Is everything he/she says bad? No, ofcourse not.

We've all heard the pros and cons from people about every part of the game since it's release.
    People are tired of hearing it over and over.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-04-04 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Why do you blindly hate persons who agrees with Blizzard changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    But the world doesn't revolve around you and what you see or hear.

Does the pruning suck? Yes, personally I think it sucks.
    I doubt they'd prune without a valid reason tho.
    Is this fanboyism or hate?
    Valid point towards pruning was voiced by blizzard multiple times - to add something new to the game, they have to remove something old to avoid overlapping of abilities or to avoid abilities being simply useless.
    But people choose to ignore it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.