Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, CI/ES builds look like they're pretty strong at the moment.

Something like this?linky
    Not too bad but don't forget the 4 ES nodes in the Witch starting area, three 10/12%s and a 6%/recharge rate they're the 4 best nodes in the game (below Deep Wisdom).

No, i'm going to run full poison/chaos damage. VS dot is 8% of the inital hit (at least from the wiki), including both physical and chaos portions.
    Let's say you have a dagger that does ~70 physical damage, such that some rank of Viper Strike does a total of 100 damage, 25% of which is converted to Chaos. So the VS itself hits for 75 phys and 25 chaos directly, and the resulting poison does 8 chaos damage per second (8% of the initial hit's phys + chaos damage).

If you were to add 10% increased physical damage, the initial physical total would be 110, 25% converted makes it 82.5 phys and 27.5 chaos, and resulting poison does 8.8 chaos per second. So 110 direct hit, 8.8 DPS poison, for 180.4 total damage with 8 sec poison.

If you were to add 10% increased chaos damage instead, the initial physical total would be 100, 25% converted makes it 75 phys and 27.5 chaos (or 102.5 total on-hit damage), resulting poison would be 9.02 chaos damage per second (102.5 * 0.08 * 1.10). So 102.5 direct hit, 9.02 DPS poison, for 174.66 total damage with 8 sec poison.

So even though the Chaos Damage nodes double dip on your poison, since only 25% of the initial hit is chaos which was converted from physical, +physical damage will add a lot more to your direct hits and in turn add a decent chunk to poison too. I won't calculate it further; maybe you do want to keep Phys and Chaos somewhat balanced at some point, but I think Padie's right that +physical nodes should be higher priority.

P.S. Your tree's right beside the Fatal Toxins cluster, I'd imagine that's worth grabbing even if one point is wasted.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2017-04-13 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    P.S. Your tree's right beside the Fatal Toxins cluster, I'd imagine that's worth grabbing even if one point is wasted.
    Ok, my math was the same though my error was in the phys-to-chaos conversion which is still affected by physical damage nodes. I'll check what nodes are available and fix/change the build accordingly. I passed over the big clusters but i think i can get some of them.

EDIT: ok changed some stuff following Lysah/padie/Shaiandra suggestions. The points in dex/jewel socket near Heartseeker are for the VS unique jewel i have in stash (hence the reason for this build) that requires 40DEX to activate the special effect http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Growing_Agony

Added dual curse because warlord's mark is too good to pass over and Vulnerability double dips on poison setups.

linky link
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-04-14 at 08:01 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Ok, my math was the same though my error was in the phys-to-chaos conversion which is still affected by physical damage nodes. I'll check what nodes are available and fix/change the build accordingly. I passed over the big clusters but i think i can get some of them.

EDIT: ok changed some stuff following Lysah/padie/Shaiandra suggestions. The points in dex/jewel socket near Heartseeker are for the VS unique jewel i have in stash (hence the reason for this build) that requires 40DEX to activate the special effect http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Growing_Agony

Added dual curse because warlord's mark is too good to pass over and Vulnerability double dips on poison setups.

linky link
    2 kind of jewels : one that says allocated in radius, and one that just says radius.

You don't need to take the extra dex nodes, just needs to be in a socket that has enough dex near it(can be empty ones).
    (check the link you posted of the jewel, 2.6.0 patch nodes changes)
    Did a bit of "fine tuning"
    http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPMWAAB3AW...MQWfCEogAAAAAA
    Last edited by padie; 2017-04-14 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    2 kind of jewels : one that says allocated in radius, and one that just says radius.

You don't need to take the extra dex nodes, just needs to be in a socket that has enough dex near it(can be empty ones).
    (check the link you posted of the jewel, 2.6.0 patch nodes changes)
    Ok, isn't 2.6 current patch? That's good anyway. Checking your build - will ask questions here if needed.

EDIT: ok, some minor changes but everything is there (more jewel sockets are always good). I suppose i'll go for whatever armor has more ES, standard 3xres rings/amu and so on. Will check for interesting uniques to have in my build.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-04-14 at 02:55 PM.

you should take the written in blood cluster(freeing the linking 10 int ), and removing 3 6%es nodes

http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPMWAAB3AW...MQWfCEogAAAAAA

and yes 2.6.0 is the current patch

or for 1% extra es
    http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPMWAAB3Bb...MQWfCEogAAAAAA
    Last edited by padie; 2017-04-14 at 02:22 PM.

Correct me if i'm wrong: Written in blood and Melding clusters total for 50% increased ES - while the ES nodes totaled a 42%, so even if life is useless, i'll still end with more ES.

Correct me if i'm wrong: Written in blood and Melding clusters total for 50% increased ES - while the ES nodes totaled a 42%, so even if life is useless, i'll still end with more ES.
    yes.

But the melding cluster might not be worth the respec(its only 1%). The written in blood one is nice because you save up 1 skill point.

I've finally decided what to do for 3.0 - 2hand shadow with Viper Strike. I know that maybe a dw/crit build would be stronger, but i really want to try 2handers. I'm not that informed yet but it looks like there are not many 2h builds around - or maybe i looked in the wrong place.
    I stick with 1h due to the ease of coloring and linking them. One 6 socket is enough hassle for me. Maaybe I'd do a 2h if it involves a Bringer of Pain.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

@Coldkil

You might enjoy Path of Building if you haven't heard of it
    https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding

Quote Originally Posted by lysah View Post
    @coldkil

you might enjoy path of building if you haven't heard of it
    https://github.com/openarl/pathofbuilding
    yes i happen to like it very much. Literally what i searched for - not that online tools are bad, but a local repository is better for me).

Online is great, but I don't know of any other tool online or not that calculates DPS on the fly and will let you compare gems and gear and stuff near instantly. POB has been shown to not be perfect but it's better than not having any estimate at all.

Path of building is godly, its literally the best thing ever for PoE and its rarely off target with numbers.

But it clearly shows how broken fire and poison is compared to anything else, along with how the game is all about flasks at the moment.

Got bored again on the 3rd character level 90 etc etc this league too

I really hope they fix tons of shit in 3.0.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this league as it's easily the most poor I have ever been since as far back as I remember. I think out of all the items and currencies I have found they might equal to 2 exalted orbs and that's counting the exalted I found yesterday half way in to this god damn league.

It doesn't help that the c:ex ratio is retarded so any hopes I have to have another go at a Golemancer may as well should be put on hold until the 3.0 league at this point.

To go from rich as rich can be Golemancer in Breach to a dirt poor Lightning Arrow Raider in Legacy makes me sad. At least LA isn't as shit as I thought it would be so there's that.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I consider this currency thing a problem with PoE too.

PoE is supposed to be about crafting, not sure why all the currency isnt on the vendor and priced lower to actually promote crafting.

But nope, Headhunter for 100 exalted instead for how long now? Or Skyforth?

Or the same 10 items the same 20 builds for 2 years now just adding the newly added unique?

Despite how good PoE is as an ARPG it has way too many flaws imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I consider this currency thing a problem with PoE too.
    I'm fine with the cost of items so long as the inflation is consistent across the board. When Exalts inflate but every other piece of currency remains the same or even depreciates in value is what grinds my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I'm fine with the cost of items so long as the inflation is consistent across the board. When Exalts inflate but every other piece of currency remains the same or even depreciates in value is what grinds my gears.
    I didnt mean that.

Crafting is supposed to be something to do in the game, what i discovered playing so long is that crafting is absolutely fucking useless garbage and you are better off playing, gathering, selling, make 5 exalted and buy what you need instead of crafting it.

Either way, some people enjoy it, good for them, i will continue just playing, selling crap then buying exalteds in bulk, getting my gear and quitting the game every other league.

I pretty much gave up with PoE mentally till i heard about 3.0, depending on patch notes i will choose whether to drop more money on it for stash tabs etc or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I didnt mean that.

Crafting is supposed to be something to do in the game, what i discovered playing so long is that crafting is absolutely fucking useless garbage and you are better off playing, gathering, selling, make 5 exalted and buy what you need instead of crafting it.
    Ah, gotcha. It pretty much boils down to finding favorable ilvl 84 items as soon as possible and hoping RNG is smiling upon you several times in a row to ensure the item you're crafting will net some kind of gain over the amount of currency dumped in to it. Never happens to me, mind you, because I don't have that streamer luck so I just buy items as you've explained.

Providing I can afford them... which I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Meh, don't know, it says power charges (and spell power per power charge) doesn't change anything for my simple Freezing Pulse crit build, makes it hard to use when you have no idea what it takes into account and gets the wrong total crit chance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (no matter what option I choose in calc mode)
    Did you enable them? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Enabled in config and tried to change calculation mode too, doesn't change anything, not sure what's happening.
    Pressed the update button? According to the dev he breaks stuff often and fixes them quickly with a patch.