Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    is that "island time" or cet?
    I think we're GMT+1 atm :P so island time. CET is 1 hour ahead?

time zones are too hard

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I think we're GMT+1 atm :P so island time. CET is 1 hour ahead?

time zones are too hard
    Think you're right, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    WooooooooooT five hours and counting fools!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I'm not sure you could apply this definition to time lords since they completely change everything about themselves when they regenerate.
    Not really. The Doctor sometimes says that, but he doesn't completely change with every regeneration. Certain character traits are persistent throughout all regenerations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    They don't suffer from gender dysphoria.
    Gender dysphoria isn't part of the definition of "transgender."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Not really. The Doctor sometimes says that, but he doesn't completely change with every regeneration. Certain character traits are persistent throughout all regenerations.

- - - Updated - - -

Gender dysphoria isn't part of the definition of "transgender."
    Do you not know what gender dysphoria is? It's the mental state of being in a body you don't identify with, a person in a male body who identifies as female or vice versa.

People become transgender IN ORDER TO CORRECT THIS

People don't crossdress, take hormones, and actively disrupt their lives in order to change their gender for fun it's because they suffer from gender dysphoria and being in the wrong body, looking at themselves in the mirror causes them pain and stress and they are always uncomfortable transgenders transition because it's the only thing that can fix this if people could just regenerate transgenders would not exist.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This thread has derailed quite a bit from the topic on hand, please get back to discussing Doctor Who and stop the gender debate (You can certainly continue it in PMs)

its coming

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    SPOILER WARNING, A WARNING, FOR SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, ABOUT THE SPOILERS, BY THIS SPOILER WARNING.

YYYAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

GREAT first episode. Bill is a brilliant companion, and I already prefer her to Clara. I guess that's what happens when you recruit your new companion from the West End, and not from Hollyoaks...

Peter was on fine form, I REALLY hope this season gives him a chance to really let loose and show us the full range of his abilities. He has to potential to be so amazing, but we've only seen flashes of it so far. Highlights for me: His lessons, I wish I had a teacher that cool...

Pearl Mackie was brilliant, really digging her style and I LOVE how they set her up to ask a certain question, and then every single time she'd ask something different. It'll get annoying if they keep doing it, but as a thing in this episode it worked brilliantly. Highlights for me: Her opening the gift from the Doctor and her breakdown about memories at the end.

The plot was decent, nothing particularly deep or interesting, but a solid plot for a first episode. Helped to introduce Bill, catch us up with the Doctor and get the world set to rights. Although, in the midst of the myeh, I thought the final scene where Bill said goodbye to Heather was very well done. Her realisation that this WASN'T some horrible monster come to destroy everything was very well played.

Overall, I don't really have any complaints. The episode was well done, both Peter and Pearl delivered solid performances and the plot was acceptable.

Then, as the episode drew to a close, we got a brief glimpse of what's to come... Including a split second view of the Doctor regenerating and the return of John Simms' Master... SO MUCH HYPE!

The next 11 weeks are going to be AWESOME.

oh, and Nardole was there. He's been helping The Doctor keep a big scary something safe locked up in the basement of the University where the Doctor is currently staying.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was a fantastic episode. This is how Capaldi's run should have been. If the rest of the season is like this...top notch. And I'm eating my hat, because Bill was just fine.

And do you know what this episode had that all of last season was missing? Actual character development and pacing.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not know what gender dysphoria is?
    When I stated that the Time Lords were transgender, you replied with "They don't suffer from gender dysphoria," as if that makes a difference. It doesn't. Do you not know what "Gender dysphoria isn't part of the definition of 'transgender'" means?

- - - Updated - - -

its coming
    I'd like to see a Doctor who lives longer than three seasons. That would help make his eventual death more impactful.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I think the US should just "steal" Doctor Who.

The show could be set in the Star Trek prime universe. Have him be a Starfleet officer who is also a medical doctor and prefers to be called "Doctor" who is in command of a one-man timeship from Star Trek's distant future. The ship's interior is entirely holodeck and its exterior utilizes holographic skin to blend in with its environment. Oh, and this Doctor is a Trill on his 3rd or 4th host.

I'd watch that.

Deleted
    Alright first episode, Bill is a lot better than Clara already, hope it keeps up.

I prefer to savor episodes. I watch each new episode 30 mins at a time, then rewatch the whole thing the next week for stuff I missed. So it take sme 3 weeks to get thru 1 episode. I do the opposite of binge watch. Might take me 40 weeks to finish the season, so I get 3 hopefully only 3 months without new stuff. But it means I can't read this thread anymore.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i loved the new season. this should have been capaldi's first outing as the doctor. we wasted so much time with clara. ughhhh
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i loved the new season. this should have been capaldi's first outing as the doctor. we wasted so much time with clara. ughhhh
    Indeed. I still think Jenna should have left after Day of the Doctor, and we should have had a oneshot, or possibly no companion, for Matt's last season, then introduce Bill for the whole of Capaldi's run.

Imagine if we'd had three years of Capaldi and Bill, instead of wasting two years with Clara.

Deleted
    So speculations, what was in that vault thing in the cellar?

cant watch the episode yet because of work im doing. probably wont get to see it until tomorrow. will post my thoughts about class and who episode 1 then

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, class was actually pretty decent tbh. On the whole, I had a very negative outlook on both shows and they both surprised me. Class is a lot more violent than I expected and they straight up referenced a hellmouth/Buffy comparison. It was a little overly complicated character wise, but the diversity didn't feel heavy handed and actually felt real. Same reason why Bill was so good.
    BAD WOLF

i heard class hasnt done very well in the uk but they havent announced whether or not its cancelled yet. im guessing whether or not it does well here will be the deciding factor unless it is cancelled and they just havent announced it so it doesnt kill ratings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Personally, I think the US should just "steal" Doctor Who.
    Hopefully that will never happen so the damn silly americans dont ruin it like they did to torchwood.

- - - Updated - - -

class...they havent announced whether or not its cancelled yet.
    thats because the run in the us just started.

7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that actually liked Clara as a companion?
    Also as for Bill, didn't really like her that much and the whole episode in general was a bit weaker.