Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Eeeeh, I don't know. AW was broken OP, but the actual gameplay of one (if you went full tank) could get boring. You basically just stand there with all your defensive spells, being more or less invincible. I ended up going a bit hybrid, as a Mage who went with full plate and used a sword, but didn't use many defensive spells or fight in melee most of the time, being content with close combat spells like Cone of Cold. Mostly because mage robes look like absolute ass in an unmodded Origins.

Meanwhile KE was a legitimately cool gameplay experience, until Bioware overnerfed Spirit Blade at least. You tore up enemy defenses like nothing else, and I was fond of trapping lesser foes in melee with Static Cage so they have nowhere to run from my blades, or chopping up dragons.

Maybe we'll get a Tevinter version of the magic knight archetype.
    Tbh I just want to be able to be a mage who wields a sword in armor. I always augmented melee with magic sooo yeah(also yay mods letting me be an offense focused AW). Sadly I feel Bioware does not like battle Mages. Or customization like we had in origins..didn't a guy leave after that who was a big part of DA:O actually?

But agreed old KE was alot of fun f you dragons f you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I had with DAI combat was horrible, horrible party AI and a terrible tactical camera. Otherwise, if they improve those two things it was awesome. Archer never felt better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    The only issue I had with DAI combat was horrible, horrible party AI and a terrible tactical camera. Otherwise, if they improve those two things it was awesome. Archer never felt better imo.
    I agree here. In addition, I would like them to expand on a few more abilities and such, it seemed a bit limiting in what they had

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Iirc KEs swung their blade with their right hand while they had their staff in the left, didn't they?
    I don't really remember, I just remember that I was an unkillable boss...

But yeah, magical robo arm would work just as well.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Your the one who brought up critics and As I said a purse a better known triple a game is gonna get more rewards more so cause divinity wasn't on consuls when it first released.
    Is The Witcher 3 even triple A? I was under the impression CDPR is a small studio in Poland?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Is The Witcher 3 even triple A? I was under the impression CDPR is a small studio in Poland?
    CDPR literally used to be a couple of slavs in a shed. They're significantly larger today, I remember reading that over 1500 people worked on TW3.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    CDPR literally used to be a couple of slavs in a shed. They're significantly larger today, I remember reading that over 1500 people worked on TW3.
    40$ million dollars give or take, apparently.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    "a game made with an $81 million USD by a team of 600 employees" according to Myobi

They could just make an excuse for latent energy giving the Inquisitor a glowy magic hand when needed for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    "a game made with an $81 million USD by a team of 600 employees" according to Myobi
    Half of that was advertising

Wikipedia lists the dev costs at around 45 mil $

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I want the combat to be smoother like it was in DA2, even DAO felt better than the abomination that was DAI's combat.
    I quite liked the feeling of playing a player controlled tank during the dragon fights outside of that i agree.

Half of that was advertising

Wikipedia lists the dev costs at around 45 mil $
    Yes, still very much a AAA development budget. Half the team you read about budgets for other games that's similarly their entire budget between production and marketing.

Hmm strange, I thought we have a thread for W3 and I was under the impression this was the DA:XY one. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    They could just make an excuse for latent energy giving the Inquisitor a glowy magic hand when needed for all classes.
    I think that would look a bit weird. But in all honesty, while I would like to continue my Inquisitor, I have the feeling that we will start with a new character sadly :/.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Those are rookie numbers, mate. I had 200+ on both my playthroughs (not counting dlcs, I played those later).
    Damn! I have to admit, I didn't complete most of the collect-y quests, and I have the bad habit of skipping conversations as soon as I've read what someone would say later on in the game, and I read fast. With the 3 DLC's, I probably hit 110+, but still, 200 is respectable levels of devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hmm strange, I thought we have a thread for W3 and I was under the impression this was the DA:XY one. Silly me.

I think that would look a bit weird. But in all honesty, while I would like to continue my Inquisitor, I have the feeling that we will start with a new character sadly :/.
    W3 was the last game in a similar genre, and was very well received, so it would make sense people would discuss it. Though there's a W3 thread, missionaries love their preaching. As for a new character - I liked starting anew in each game. I know it can't be Hawke, and the Inquisitor will be busy running the Inquisition (Whether it's a small band or a big, festering organisation, as Trespasser suggested) I can't imagine them NOT being in the next game in any shape or form, frankly, as they'd be risking life or limb (again) to stop/redeem Solas.

Plus, I'd be looking forward to playing a new character. Especially if they do the two VA per person again, I loved playing Dragon Age Samantha Traynor and the American guy, the other two were... meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    We either need to play as the Inquisitor or the Inquisitor needs to play a large role in the story. If you've played Trespasser then you'll know why.

Honestly, I think it'd be pretty interesting for us to play the Inquisitor for a trilogy of games or something. You don't often get a blank slate character that is featured as the MC in multiple games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    Damn! I have to admit, I didn't complete most of the collect-y quests, and I have the bad habit of skipping conversations as soon as I've read what someone would say later on in the game, and I read fast. With the 3 DLC's, I probably hit 110+, but still, 200 is respectable levels of devotion.

W3 was the last game in a similar genre, and was very well received, so it would make sense people would discuss it. Though there's a W3 thread, missionaries love their preaching. As for a new character - I liked starting anew in each game. I know it can't be Hawke, and the Inquisitor will be busy running the Inquisition (Whether it's a small band or a big, festering organisation, as Trespasser suggested) I can't imagine them NOT being in the next game in any shape or form, frankly, as they'd be risking life or limb (again) to stop/redeem Solas.

Plus, I'd be looking forward to playing a new character. Especially if they do the two VA per person again, I loved playing Dragon Age Samantha Traynor and the American guy, the other two were... meh.
    I think they mostly did 2 voice actors to accommodate dwarfs having deeper voices in DA, if we don't get a choice of race for DA4, only one per gender should probably be the expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    We either need to play as the Inquisitor or the Inquisitor needs to play a large role in the story. If you've played Trespasser then you'll know why.

Honestly, I think it'd be pretty interesting for us to play the Inquisitor for a trilogy of games or something. You don't often get a blank slate character that is featured as the MC in multiple games.
    I guess the Inquisitor will get the Morrigan treatment. Be at your side for 1-2 quests, but I don't think we will actually play him. It would be interesting but it's easier to write a game with choice from a blank slate.

I guess it will play out like this. We will by accident be witness or affected by the first affects of fen'harels plan. Either elves attacking some settlements to reclaim some needed artifacts or by "rifts" or something similar by solas tearing down the veil. A few hours into the game we will probably be contacted by the inquisition and meet the council from the end of trespasser which asks us to work on their behalf.

At least thats how I think it will play out. I would much rather see a different perspective similar like the game Tyranny though. Being fixed to one of Fen'Harels agents and having to do quite horrible stuff even Fen Harel just does for his "greater good".
    Last edited by Faldric; 2017-05-31 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I guess the Inquisitor will get the Morrigan treatment. Be at your side for 1-2 quests, but I don't think we will actually play him. It would be interesting but it's easier to write a game with choice from a blank slate.
    I'm not so sure about that. There are some issues with that option, mainly because Morrigan was a side character that has essentially 2 states, hardened or not (not sure if they even bothered to implement these..). Hawke was a main character but it was it's own character and they already straddeled the line here in portraying him like *your* Hawke. There is nothing in the games state the reflects their personality as all of the choices are unrelated to that. Your Inquisitor on the other hand is completely shaped by you, there is a high chance that if they implemented them like that that they could fuck it up big time. Even choosing between 4 states of mind would not do it justice imho. I'd rather they only mention the Inquisitor as a character we never get to meet than fuck up my character :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed if they want to mention the Inquisitor, they can always do it through other characters that know him, exactly as they did for the Warden.
    This solution will then depend heavily on setting though. It would be rather unbelievable if we actually went to tevinter and the Inquisitor was spouting nothing but hot air at the end of Trespasser and isn't even there. Maybe they could handle it like the wardens keep expansion of origin and you can choose a new character or keep playing your previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A new DA game though would be just that, a new DA game. It would not be a DA:I expansion. Maybe the Inquisitor could make an appearance (like Hawke did) but I doubt he would play second fiddle to anyone.
    That's why I hope Bioware grows some balls and gives us multiple leaders/protagonists. I was quite happy that you got to play a mission as the other twin in ME:Andromeda. I hope they continue experimenting with that.
    For example, Inquisitor is trying to take on Solas, you also get to see the adventures of the Warden, which eventually leads him to cross paths with Solas/Inquisitor.

Bonus mission with Hawke or whoever you left behind in the raw Fade, tortured by that giant spider and trying to escape (possible involvement of the maker?).

I mean, they explored so many things in the Dragon Age games, I think it's time to get creative, but not in that same way, rather in bringing the lore and characters together.