Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    It makes perfect sense. If you were to ask me why I liked PLD I'd have answered verbatim.

However, please note that your post directly bolsters my original argument which is that short of aesthetics there aren't *many* reasons to enjoy playing a PLD over its peers.
    To @Remilia point though, there doesn't have to be many reason for someone to like or enjoy it over it's peers. That said, I know folks who like PLD over DRK and WAR because it's just easier to play than those jobs. DRK with it's mana management and WAR with the bazillion buttons to push, PLD tanks just fine without having to worry about either of those things that some people might find cumbersome.

Actually considering dropping WoW and coming back to this "full time" so to speak.

Legion is a step forward but there are so many things I still don't like about the game...

* Utter lack of immersion due to the extensive overlay of features making it extremely "arcadey" seeming.
    * Music is lackluster this time around which is sorely disappointing.
    * Do not like feeling forced to use add-ons.
    * A lot of the class designs come across as incomplete or broken.
    * Content is laughably easy and uninteresting until you get to the tippy-top and by that point you've turned it into a job rather than a pass-time. There's no balance.
    * Talent system is pointless and for some classes/specs adds an oddly annoying feature of constant swapping.
    * Models/Gear still need love and work to be something that I can truly make "mine".
    * Virtually no side content worth delving into and what is there, is again, super "arcadey" and silly.
    * I'm also just not a huge fan of the community more often than not.

Yes, there are a lot of good things too with WoW but I want to get back into a game that has the music I love. Keeps things somewhat challenging. "Alliance Raids", as easy as they are, still require you to know many of the mechanics so you're not a total dunce. Same with a lot of dungeons. They're also, typically, a greater spectacle and all-around more enjoyable which is critical for something that you'll be grinding nearly non-stop. I also want to really gush over my actual character's model and their outfits, as girlish and stupid as that might appear rather than looking at other NPC models in the game and lamenting over what could have been.

Now I will miss the artifact weapons. That's one thing I do truly like. So fun building those up and unlocking new skins/colors for them.

Anyway, not sure where I'm going to start. It's been months and I'm positive there is quite a bit of the main quest-line to catch up on before I can even get back to doing dungeons. Would it even be worth it to dungeons? Should I just level classes, professions, and do side-content? I 'UNNO! That's the only thing I hate about coming back to an MMO where I don't really have any friends currently playing. No guidance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...dungeon_extra/

...So this is somewhat concerning and I don't know about anyone else but the first I'm hearing about this. Not sure what this "other content" could be but I have doubts it could replace an actual dungeon. Maybe more things akin to Aquapolis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Already voiced my opinion on the official forums about it - currently I'm not liking the way they are taking it, but guess we'll see once they reveal what exactly they had planned to replace the second dungeon.

Just hope they have some plans to ease daily Ex "roulette", so we won't end up running same dungeon every day - larger pools of dungeons would be nice, even if they'd offer nothing but glamour.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Already voiced my opinion on the official forums about it - currently I'm not liking the way they are taking it, but guess we'll see once they reveal what exactly they had planned to replace the second dungeon.

Just hope they have some plans to ease daily Ex "roulette", so we won't end up running same dungeon every day - larger pools of dungeons would be nice, even if they'd offer nothing but glamour.
    Way I'm thinking is if SB follows the Heavensward launch model then we'll have two expert dungeons at launch. When 4.1 comes out they'll add one more and we'll have three in the roulette. For 4.2 they'll remove the original two and keep the one from 4.1 alongside the two new ones from 4.2.

Still not sure how I feel about it because one of my biggest reasons I enjoy this game is the dungeon content. I play MMORPGs casually these days so I adore that type of content and I know every three months I'll get two new dungeons. Of course if we get more stuff like Aquapolis but on a bit bigger scale then I'd be down for that.

To be completely honest too lately I've been feeling really iffy bout Stormblood. I just don't trust the development team as I used to what with some of the controversial class changes to the data center debacle and then to the non stop additions to the mog station to now this. Hopefully they prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-01 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...dungeon_extra/

...So this is somewhat concerning and I don't know about anyone else but the first I'm hearing about this. Not sure what this "other content" could be but I have doubts it could replace an actual dungeon. Maybe more things akin to Aquapolis?
    Didn't they say months ago the idea was more deep dungeons and stuff instead of a dungeon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Way I'm thinking is if SB follows the Heavensward launch model then we'll have two expert dungeons at launch. When 4.1 comes out they'll add one more and we'll have three in the roulette. For 4.2 they'll remove the original two and keep the one from 4.1 alongside the two new ones from 4.2.
    Maybe, but won't the dungeons be unbalanced, having 2 higher dungeons (4.2) and one lower dungeon (4.1) mixed.

I also spoke briefly with Yoshi-P about if they might add more older dungeons to the roulette system to help there be more variety because it can be really boring to only have a couple of dungeons as options. He said the problem with adding older dungeons in is the older ones which require a lower level of gear would be much easier to do than the new dungeons. As a result, players would end up preferring the easier/faster dungeons and would drop group whenever they got a harder dungeon and it’s not a mentality they want to encourage.

I'm just a bit negative at ideas of reducing content like dungeons and having experimental content, especially after what happened to Diadem - twice.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Didn't they say months ago the idea was more deep dungeons and stuff instead of a dungeon?
    I don't know? I haven't been really keeping up too much with SB until recently because of health issues. I do know that during the recent media tour they mentioned that they'll try to tackle the request for harder 4 man content through that system.

Maybe, but won't the dungeons be unbalanced, having 2 higher dungeons (4.2) and one lower dungeon (4.1) mixed.

I'm just a bit negative at ideas of reducing content like dungeons and have experimental content, especially after what happened to Diadem - twice.
    Maybe but that's the only thing I can see somewhat working as it's not too far behind compared to several patches old content or possibly previous expansion. I agree though... like I said dungeons are the content I enjoy the most with EX primals followed right after in this game. If they're replacing some of it with experimental content like you said then that peeves me off a bit, especially since they already reduced the original count of three to two. Either way I hope they prove me wrong.

I don't know? I haven't been really keeping up too much with SB until recently because of health issues. I do know that during the recent media tour they mentioned that they'll try to tackle the request for harder 4 man content through that system.

Maybe but that's the only thing I can see somewhat working as it's not too far behind compared to several patches old content or possibly previous expansion. I agree though... like I said dungeons are the content I enjoy the most with EX primals followed right after in this game. If they're replacing some of it with experimental content like you said then that peeves me off a bit, especially since they already reduced the original count of three to two. Either way I hope they prove me wrong.
    Yeah i think instead of another dungeon we will probably get a new deep dungeon one patch and something like Ozma savage another.

Personally i love dungeons but i could go for an expansion that has some 24 man trials instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just imagine if patch 3.1 would have only had 1 dungeon, "Saint Mocianne's Arboretum" in addition of original Diadem.

Saint Mocianne's Arboretum multiple times each week to reach weekly tomestone -cap, so exciting.

To be fair, I feel like they've learned from their past mistakes and will focus on what they know works moving forward. POTD has been very successful for various reasons - and more content that is along the lines of that would be very welcome. Heck, Aquapolis, Diadem and the higher floors of POTD can be very profitable. Much more so than dungeons - which most people are just running for the sake of the tome grind anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah i think instead of another dungeon we will probably get a new deep dungeon one patch and something like Ozma savage another.

Personally i love dungeons but i could go for an expansion that has some 24 man trials instead.
    Yeah I can see this. The odd numbered patches (3.1, 3.3, 3.5) are the casual patches so adding in something there to for the crowd that wants something a little harder is a good thing. I am afraid of how the casual players will perceive this though as this could easily be seen by them as cutting their content in half.

As far as what it is I'm not sure if I want deep dungeons to replace regular dungeon content. I always looked at it as another way to experience dungeons and not replace it. Granted it's not really replacing it as we're still getting dungeons but yeah. The 24 man trial thing is something I wouldn't mind but I'm not sure that's worth losing a dungeon over. If they do something like 24 man trials then I hope they just don't retool older fights into primal like fights as that would get old really quickly. Sure they do "hard" versions of older dungeons but those have new bosses and somewhat different layouts/themes to them.

To be completely honest though it would be awesome if we just got two primals instead of one every odd patch... one giving accessories and one giving weapons. On top of this more levels to deep dungeons and I'd be content over loosing a dungeon. Maybe even add some armour based around the primal that you can farm by getting enough of a certain token. Heck the armour can be shared between all classes and I'd be fine.

To be fair, I feel like they've learned from their past mistakes and will focus on what they know works moving forward. POTD has been very successful for various reasons - and more content that is along the lines of that would be very welcome. Heck, Aquapolis, Diadem and the higher floors of POTD can be very profitable. Much more so than dungeons - which most people are just running for the sake of the tome grind anyway.
    Yeah I'm all for trying new things. Aquapolis and high level POTD were great additions to the game.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-01 at 11:02 PM.

Casual players will be appeased if, like POTD, the new content has a 'casual' and 'midcore/hardcore' split to it. The biggest mistake with POTD was making it very difficult to get a group together for the higher floors. You needed to find three other players that could be relied upon to get online at the same time as you, then you all needed to go through floor 51-100 together without dying once. That wasn't difficult, really - but it was a tedious step that encouraged people to give up if they failed on the higher floors since they couldn't just try again from floor 101.

I believe Yoshi-P acknowledged the need to make it more accessible though. I just hope they keep it challenging and profitable and strike up a reasonable balance between both. On Balmung, the orchestrion rolls from the higher floors of POTD are my main source of income.

I still personally need to try higher levels of POTD as I only did the 1-100 part. One thing I didn't like was just how samey it looked which might be a minor concern I guess in the grand scheme of things. Maybe now with the diversion of staff they'll be able to pour more art into that place.

One thing I'm curious is if they'll just make a new one. It would make sense to have a new place with a new story considering it's a new expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it seems like one of the big reasons they dropped PS3 support was UI reasons. Namely that the PS3 was extremely lacking in its ability to handle more UI elements than FFXIV had as it is? And so the class resource bars were one of the things they wanted to implement now that they were no longer restricted. They can also go much more ham on graphical effects, although I doubt they'll go too far with that, seeing as how even the PS4 has quite the limitations. Still, it's good to see they're not letting outdated hardware hold the game back.

With that in mind, one of the many reasons they blocked UI customization was the lack of the ability for the PS3 to do it, and I imagine if the PS4 can handle it, they might allow some limited UI modding? Or at least add a lot more quality of life UI options that you can turn on at your leisure.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    So it seems like one of the big reasons they dropped PS3 support was UI reasons. Namely that the PS3 was extremely lacking in its ability to handle more UI elements than FFXIV had as it is? And so the class resource bars were one of the things they wanted to implement now that they were no longer restricted. They can also go much more ham on graphical effects, although I doubt they'll go too far with that, seeing as how even the PS4 has quite the limitations. Still, it's good to see they're not letting outdated hardware hold the game back.

With that in mind, one of the many reasons they blocked UI customization was the lack of the ability for the PS3 to do it, and I imagine if the PS4 can handle it, they might allow some limited UI modding? Or at least add a lot more quality of life UI options that you can turn on at your leisure.
    Please no goddamn fucking modding.

I am a firm believer that MP titles should never, ever have mods or add-ons. They start doing that, one of the positive points for FFXIV on my behalf dies. It's something I absolutely loathe concerning WoW. You need add-ons for your add-ons in that damn game or you're seen as behind in given regards.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-06-01 at 11:41 PM.

I still personally need to try higher levels of POTD as I only did the 1-100 part. One thing I didn't like was just how samey it looked which might be a minor concern I guess in the grand scheme of things. Maybe now with the diversion of staff they'll be able to pour more art into that place.

One thing I'm curious is if they'll just make a new one. It would make sense to have a new place with a new story considering it's a new expansion.
    The higher floors are a lot more varied in regards to their appearance:

Not the best screenshot since I didn't have much time to align the camera and admire the scenery but the higher floors look pretty impressive and foreboding. I agree that the lower floors are very underwhelming after a while, though. I think a lot of it was experimental and that they'll - hopefully - be a bit bolder the next time around.

I'm pretty certain that POTD won't get any new content though - they'll likely focus on making something similar for 4.0 that's a bit grander in scale. I do hope they remove the requirement to do 51-100 each time you want to try 101+ though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm pretty certain that POTD won't get any new content though - they'll likely focus on making something similar for 4.0 that's a bit grander in scale. I do hope they remove the requirement to do 51-100 each time you want to try 101+ though.
    Well, PotD is just first part of Deep Dungeon.

GE: Are you planning on using the Deep Dungeon system in Stormblood?

Yoshida: We do have plans to implement the content yes. I’m afraid I can’t tell you what type of content it is. As you traverse through the areas in Stormblood, you’ll notice where this system is going to be implemented so we encourage players to look around when they get a chance.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/12...ood-expansion/

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they close POTD either. So that you can't powerlevel RDM.

Or made it so that 60+ gives almost no experience.

"Thank you for helping us explore the deep dungeon. We've gotten all the useful information we can". (fake NPC dialog)

Did they happen to say anything about it yet?

I believe they've said POTD will award no XP past lvl 60, so all it'll be good for XP-wise is catchup on alt jobs. Which it does amazingly well, IMO. Personally I won't be taking SAM or RDM in there at launch, I'll bring them up more slowly via HW Beast Tribe dailies and avoid the shitstorm.

We'll get a new Deep Dungeon, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Aquapolis or whatever they decide to call it. Dunno if they'll make a new Diadem, but I'm more ambivalent about that.